Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa (27976 Views)

Niger-delta Militants Declare War Against Buhari, Shutting Down Oil Refineries / Navy Uncovers Illegal Refineries In Niger-delta (photos, Video) / Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 18, 2013
LOCAL NNPC STAFFS grin grin grin grin It is Ironic.What the Nigerian Refineries can't do these guys have done better.I think there should be Government/Private partnership maybe it will put an end to Government exportation of crude oil to be refined abroad and get imported by the so called oil thieves with this no need for subsidy fraud

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 18, 2013
This is no breaking news! I've been to some illegal refineries before....especially last 2yrs! The truth is that any pipeline professional will tell u dat there is no way that the IOC's ain't aware of their pipeline have been tampered with. The pipelines all have flow meters dat measure the volume of fluid passing through it. When d pipeline carrying gas from NAOC to my office got punctured by vandals (they obviously tot it was carrying crude oil or condensate), my company detected it immediately cos of the reduced flow of gas and notified NAOC which dey promptly fixed. My friend's cousin dat is into d illegal refinery business says that the guys in their control room dat monitor flow of products through the pipeline come to collect their own share of d loot and i also heard that some men of JTF in those regions collect security fee so dat d criminals can carry out their illegal business.

This illegal business is just as a result of corruption.
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by TheMatrix3: 8:42am On Jan 18, 2013
The only words that came out of my mouth was "hmmmmm" and I kept saying them all thru each picture cry. I weep for Nigeria. Compare oil rich Bayelsa with oil rich Texas cry cry cry
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by alex406(m): 8:44am On Jan 18, 2013
wise_many2k: This is no breaking news! I've been to some illegal refineries before....especially last 2yrs! The truth is that any pipeline professional will tell u dat there is no way that the IOC's ain't aware of their pipeline have been tampered with. The pipelines all have flow meters dat measure the volume of fluid passing through it. When d pipeline carrying gas from NAOC to my office got punctured by vandals (they obviously tot it was carrying crude oil or condensate), my company detected it immediately cos of the reduced flow of gas and notified NAOC which dey promptly fixed. My friend's cousin dat is into d illegal refinery business says that the guys in their control room dat monitor flow of products through the pipeline come to collect their own share of d loot and i also heard that some men of JTF in those regions collect security fee so dat d criminals can carry out their illegal business.

This illegal business is just as a result of corruption.

Definitely even the so called government officials are enjoying the vandalization cus that is where they make extra income. Nigeria have a long way to go. I hope very soon God will raise a God fearing fellow to tackle this menace.
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by MadCow1: 8:48am On Jan 18, 2013
To all the hustlers out there in the Niger Delta!! I say:

[img]http://2.bp..com/-JpVLyrvkexc/Teqy8IeVEuI/AAAAAAAAANM/PZ9GpQIk7gw/s1600/One+Love+-+1.jpg[/img]

Make your Money!!! Our Oil, Our Land!!
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by simpleseyi: 8:56am On Jan 18, 2013
These refineries are not illegal but just unconventional. These people are not oil thieves because they own the oil. The oil thieves are the big fat cats in Abuja who steal the people's oil money. Six PhD holders are dangote drivers while one PhD holder uses billions to eat with a first lady / Bayelsa permanent secretary who lives in Abuja/German hospital.

My people in south-south are suffering and you are calling them oil thieves. The oil thief is the federal government. Nobody will have a good job and be risking his life with manual oil refining.

Least I forget, I am a Yoruba boy, so think twice before calling me names like oil thief, kid/adult napper, etc
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by Augustinaz(m): 9:00am On Jan 18, 2013
"101. simpleseyi: Quote Post
These refineries are not illegal but just unconventional. These people are not oil thieves because they own the oil. The oil thieves are the big fat cats in Abuja who steal the people's oil money. Six PhD holders are dangote drivers while one PhD holder uses billions to eat with a first lady / Bayelsa permanent secretary who lives in Abuja/German hospital.

My people in south-south are suffering and you are calling them oil thieves. The oil thief is the federal government. Nobody will have a good job and be risking his life with manual oil refining.

Least I forget, I am a Yoruba boy, so think twice before calling me names like oil thief, kid/adult napper, etc"

SIMPLESEYI is correct. The fat cats at Abuja divert the forex inflows from crude oil sales to their own personal accounts at the expense of the poor masses. They have destroyed the main livelihoods of the Niger Delta people, so as a result of this the Niger Delta people were forced by their conditions to become "oil traders" and "oil refiners".
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 18, 2013
McAdem:
very disgraceful,a whole state making such error no proofreading before posting it,no wonder the president has PHD

Is it Mr. President that wrote it Or are you more literate than Mr. President ? Think before you write.
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 18, 2013
slim fit :

These once are better than their counterpart in Abuja at list they still Laboured to survive.

Even when we mention oil bunkering, the sponsors and big buyers are never part of the seen and are never caught. These are the foot soildiers who die when their is a fire or get caught by task force who werent well carried along.

@pictures, it's like the oil flows to the surface in these oil communities, i see them scooping the oil from surface pools for refining.
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by DigitalSignal(m): 9:15am On Jan 18, 2013
ola_pluto: This is hardcore chemical processing. Elf and safety thrown out of the window. It should never be like this. Shame on our leaders. Shame on the man from Otueke who has refused to help his own people.
Half-hearted comment! If he does you would be the first to scream blue murder!
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by KINGwax(m): 9:18am On Jan 18, 2013
naijaking1: This is a natural reaction to stealing people's resources, pipping it overhead them to say Kaduna or Lagos while the locals wallow in abject pernury. My heart bleeds for these communities that clean and clear drinking water shalt never know. Illegal refinaries will never disappear even if GEJ goes, because now the people know.
Caution: people should not expose themselves to too much crude oil, because it causes cancer!!
Keep sayin ppl stael their resources wen they collect larger share of the allocation. All we knw is that their governors who are supposed to spread the dividens to the grassroot are busy enrichin themselves and these hypocritical idiotic locals only ignore this and focus their dead brains on lagos and other states who collect less allocation and build on industries.

Sometimes i wonder if wot they really want by shouting,'d oils is ours' is to sit thier infested asss in one place and expect alerts from the banks!

It aint a surprise dt their wiltered idle hands became the devil's workshop and they pride themselves as leaders in kidnappin and other agaped-type of criminal activities in the name of being cheated.

I got three words for u:
FUCCK YOU ALL.

Somebody shld throw u a grenade. Is oil really the only thing u can think of?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by advocate666: 9:29am On Jan 18, 2013
When I see these people, I wonder: did their families take any action in 1967-1970? Are their sufferings the consequences of those actions?

Then I go back to happily drinking my coffee.
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 18, 2013
I totally support what these people are doing, if the federal government is sensible then they would make it legal and give these people grants to develop their trade.
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by MadCow1: 9:33am On Jan 18, 2013
KINGwax: Keep sayin ppl stael their resources wen they collect larger share of the allocation. All we knw is that their governors who are supposed to spread the dividens to the grassroot are busy enrichin themselves and these hypocritical idiotic locals only ignore this and focus their dead brains on lagos and other states who collect less allocation and build on industries.

Sometimes i wonder if wot they really want by shouting,'d oils is ours' is to sit thier infested asss in one place and expect alerts from the banks!

It aint a surprise dt their wiltered idle hands became the devil's workshop and they pride themselves as leaders in kidnappin and other agaped-type of criminal activities in the name of being cheated.

I got three words for u:
FUCCK YOU ALL.

Somebody shld throw u a grenade. Is oil really the only thing u can think of?

How about rather than we collecting allocations, we start allocating to the FG.

80% of this nation wealth comes from the backyards and streams and creeks of these people you see in these pictures.. We are not asking for change money anymore, we want the whole fhucking bank!!

Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by DigitalSignal(m): 9:41am On Jan 18, 2013
tha_originator: What do you expect from the kinsmen of a clueless president that doesn't give a damn!? BTW, who's that guy with a cowboy hat on?
I expect from them to do what they are doing! After all, the oil is just at their backyard so why would they sit idle only for it to be tapped through their noses for the enrichment of others? By the way, you must be a child!
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by vislabraye(m): 9:44am On Jan 18, 2013
It has been happening. No be today.
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by Balkan(m): 9:50am On Jan 18, 2013
This is very interesting. This has rubbished the FG, it proves that it does not take bellions of Naira to build a refinary like they make us to believe. If we have this kind of refinary everywhere, there would not be any scarcity. After all the don't drink the petrol, they sell it to the public.

I love this idear
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 18, 2013
Faced with a legion of odds, the Nigerian always comes tops in the world as the most innovative hustler. This is an economic crime no doubt, but I cannot but marvel at the ingenuity of our brothers in the Niger Delta.

Our clueless government should harness the potentials in this by doing the following;

1. Prepare an adequate risk assessment of this.
2. Grant licences for small scale refining of crude oil.
3. Sell to them at subsidized rates.
4. Establish a quality control unit in the Ministry of Petroluem to monitor quality.
5. Establish a Health and Safety unit under the same ministry to monitor compliance with locally prepared health and safety procedures.
6. Place all small scale oil refining ventures in a union. This will ensure competitiveness and stop the stealing.
7. Study the process and get our universities to produce locally made equipment such as the unsafe burner in one of the pictures.

This will be a win-win situation for all stakeholders.

Well I guess I am only dreaming because we have a clueless government. angry

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by Nelsman(m): 9:57am On Jan 18, 2013
Mehn! Dz is killin! cry
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by nkemKalu: 9:57am On Jan 18, 2013
THE GOVERNMENT OF GEJ CANNOT ACT ON THIS COS THEY ARE HIS KITH AND KIN. AND THERE IS NO WAY HE CAN TELL US THAT HE DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS ILLEGAL TRADE, AFTERALL, HE HAS BEEN PART OF IT EVEN AS A LITTLE BOY WITHOUT SHOES
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by DigitalSignal(m): 9:57am On Jan 18, 2013
imperiouxx: In fact, how do stealing crude oil RUBS the nation of income? Na wa oooo grin beefing no even let dem no wetin them dey say again. grin
Lol... When oil don intoxicated ya hed Ehn, you go dey see things differently! But come o, don't you know when something dey rub you? Anyway, that billboard is illegal! E jus dey dia!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by ayojosh2k(m): 10:01am On Jan 18, 2013
I really wonder why this is termed 'ILLEGAL'. Is it illegal for the Ijaws and Ilajes to ctach the fishes that roam in their waters?? Is it illegal for an Osun or Ijebu hunter to kill grasscutters that roam on his land?? is it illegal for you to catch flying termites to fry and eat?? Why is it now illegal for you to hervest the oil on your LAND, Refine and Sell??

Just thinking....

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by DigitalSignal(m): 10:04am On Jan 18, 2013
LastApostle: These guys have and operate an oil well yet they don't look like Otedola,Adenuga and Tinubu. What the fucckk are they doing there upon the fact that they never get to pay royalties to the government?

Even in the face of oil, I still see and perceive poverty around them.
Are you jealous that you don't have oil to tap at your backyard?
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by pharmow: 10:14am On Jan 18, 2013
Abysmal........... every single component of human health and safety is being voilated by these pictures.........Is that how low we value life in Nigeria? No wonder the life expectancy in the country is 50+ years. The people in the picture will be earning meager amount of money with serious implication on their health and safety now or nearest future compared to someone somewhere inside AC with his family.

Eyesore........... what are we doing to mother earth for God's sake, the whole environment is polluted beyond remediation. I know some people would say what concern us with environment, but everything does. Every developed nations are talking about global warming and ways to make their economy greener, but we are still backward and continue to have one of the greatest impact on the environment due to our over-dependence on crude oil and unregulated activities. simply because we are not having our share of natural disaster now doesn't mean we should be this careless with the environment

Feeling sorry............what does the future hold for the generations coming next if we continue to act with so much greed in our eyes and over-dependence on crude oil? .......... the government has failed the people of the country for decades and they continue to do so.
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by Sike(m): 10:16am On Jan 18, 2013
Whatever!
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by thaoriginator: 10:44am On Jan 18, 2013
DigitalSignal:
I expect from them to do what they are doing! After all, the oil is just at their backyard so why would they sit idle only for it to be tapped through their noses for the enrichment of others? By the way, you must be a child!
you're the biggest fool I've ever came across on NL! What about the huge allocation that be goin to they state thru their govt. Agbaya! You must be an old fool!!!
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by DigitalSignal(m): 10:48am On Jan 18, 2013
How many of you condemning them would not do the same if you should find yourself in a similar situation? These are people whose land and livelihood have been destroyed by decades of oil exploration with no commensurate development! Now, stared in the face by the stark reality that life is a survival of the fittest, they engage in a venture as this and you call them thieves! Would you rather they died? Is it right that a people so blessed with this resource should be subjected to this neglect and abandonment?
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by DigitalSignal(m): 10:56am On Jan 18, 2013
tha_originator: you're the biggest fool I've ever came across on NL! What about the huge allocation that be goin to they state thru their govt. Agbaya! You must be an old fool!!!
Do you know the cost of a kilometre of road in a state like Bayelsa? Please , go get some sleep or whatever.
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by nduchucks: 11:02am On Jan 18, 2013
naijaking1: This is a natural reaction to stealing people's resources, pipping it overhead them to say Kaduna or Lagos while the locals wallow in abject pernury. My heart bleeds for these communities that clean and clear drinking water shalt never know. Illegal refinaries will never disappear even if GEJ goes, because now the people know.
Caution: people should not expose themselves to too much crude oil, because it causes cancer!!

The bolded above is not the main reason for these senseless and self destructive acts of the good people of Bayelsa. NDDC was established in 2000 with the mission of facilitating the rapid, even and sustainable development of the Niger Delta into a region that is economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative and politically peaceful.

For the past 12 years, NNDC has received over N3.3Trillion ($20+ billion) to help improve the lives of these people. Additionally, the Governors have recieved more than $300 - 500billion in the same period. What have the ND governors and the administrators of NNDC spent the money on and why have they ignored the masses? These are the people who should be blamed for the demise of the poor people of ND.

This year alone, N250billion was budgeted for NNDC, but the Chairman of the commission, Dr. Chris Oboh shamefuly said it would require about N1.3 trillion to enable it fund several ongoing capital projects in the oil rich region instead of the N250, during a hearing!!

To show you how irresponsible these people are, let me use Bayelsa as an example:

The population of Bayelsa is 2million. I'd argue that a social welfare program which would make N20,000 per month available to 50% of the population or 1 million people is in order. It would only cost N20billion to fund the project for 1 full year!! This is less than 10% of NNDC's 2012 budget.

NNDC should focus on providing free housing to the masses, what da heck are they developing in the area? Let the governors partner with private businesses to provide infrastructure and other development projects. The projects which NNDC focuses on do not benefit the people covered in oil depicted in the posted pictures by the OP.

Bayelsans are robbing Bayelsans blind.

Naijaking, stop being disingenuous on this matter, stop blaming the the piping of oil to Kaduna or Lagos for the demise of these unfortunate people.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 18, 2013
^^^

Although a social welfare program that pays N20,000 a month may not appeal much to a small-time bunkerer who earns $60/day, it should go some way to alleviating poverty throughout the state of Bayelsa.

Here is one account from the original reuters article

Forty-year-old Goodluck, who shares his name and tribe with the president, says he would much rather have got a respectable job, except that, despite the billions of petrodollars coursing through the region's creeks over decades, there aren't any.

"This refinery is the only thing I know that can ensure my survival, at least for now," he told Reuters, sitting under a small makeshift iron roof shelter from the boiling sun, his hands sticky with crude.

"Doing this you can make up to $60 in a day," he said, gesturing with a nod towards oil drums full of homemade diesel shaded by smoked-blackened palm trees.

Most of the stolen crude is shipped offshore, with the remaining 10 percent refined locally. There is plenty of demand for the diesel, kerosene and gasoline Goodluck makes by boiling up stolen crude in a steel drum over a wood fire.
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by free13: 11:21am On Jan 18, 2013
choi..........
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by ANYPEN(m): 11:27am On Jan 18, 2013
this is horrifying and shows in details what the lack of good governance can cost a nation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

HID Awolowo's 94-yr Old Brother Weeps Uncontrollably As He Arrives Ikenne(pic) / EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds / Governor Obiano Inspects The Nengo River Bridge, Nteje (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.