Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,234 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa (27974 Views)

Niger-delta Militants Declare War Against Buhari, Shutting Down Oil Refineries / Navy Uncovers Illegal Refineries In Niger-delta (photos, Video) / Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by thaoriginator: 11:32am On Jan 18, 2013
ndu_chucks:

The bolded above is not the main reason for these senseless and self destructive acts of the good people of Bayelsa. NDDC was established in 2000 with the mission of facilitating the rapid, even and sustainable development of the Niger Delta into a region that is economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative and politically peaceful.

For the past 12 years, NNDC has received over N3.3Trillion ($20+ billion) to help improve the lives of these people. Additionally, the Governors have recieved more than $300 - 500billion in the same period. What have the ND governors and the administrators of NNDC spent the money on and why have they ignored the masses? These are the people who should be blamed for the demise of the poor people of ND.

This year alone, N250billion was budgeted for NNDC, but the Chairman of the commission, Dr. Chris Oboh shamefuly said it would require about N1.3 trillion to enable it fund several ongoing capital projects in the oil rich region instead of the N250, during a hearing!!

To show you how irresponsible these people are, let me use Bayelsa as an example:

The population of Bayelsa is 2million. I'd argue that a social welfare program which would make N20,000 per month available to 50% of the population or 1 million people is in order. It would only cost N20billion to fund the project for 1 full year!! This is less than 10% of NNDC's 2012 budget.

NNDC should focus on providing free housing to the masses, what da heck are they developing in the area? Let the governors partner with private businesses to provide infrastructure and other development projects. The projects which NNDC focuses on do not benefit the people covered in oil depicted in the posted pictures by the OP.

Bayelsans are robbing Bayelsans blind.

Naijaking, stop being disingenuous on this matter, stop blaming the the piping of oil to Kaduna or Lagos for the demise of these unfortunate people.

ndu... Abeg help me tell all this to dat errrrm, wtin hin mumu-miserable membership name sef? E say hin na 'digitalsignal'.
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 18, 2013
DigitalSignal:
I expect from them to do what they are doing! After all, the oil is just at their backyard so why would they sit idle only for it to be tapped through their noses for the enrichment of others? By the way, you must be a child!

EXACTLY!! You cannot ignore the foundations of a society without it collapsing. Or is this already happening? These people deserve more! angry

okpurukata: DUMBFOUNDED. I am aware of their activities being a PH babe, but never knew the operation is something like this. I am concerned about their health.
Makes me mad!!! (I'm also in Public Health ). I hate to be bureaucratic but it's obvious systems need to be put in place to protect against such damage to the people and environment. Where is the money going?!
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by Kemet: 11:36am On Jan 18, 2013
This your maths is fuzzy. How do you want to achieve the miracle of using N20 billion to pay 1 million people, N20,000 a month for one year? N240 billion is nearer the mark.

As an aside, can you think about the social and economic consequences of paying people money for doing Bleep all? Building free houses everywhere? Unless your plan is to destroy free enterprise, individual responsibility and self reliance, your suggestions, to be polite, are quite dangerous.
ndu_chucks:

The population of Bayelsa is 2million. I'd argue that a social welfare program which would make N20,000 per month available to 50% of the population or 1 million people is in order. It would only cost N20billion to fund the project for 1 full year!! This is less than 10% of NNDC's 2012 budget.

NNDC should focus on providing free housing to the masses, what da heck are they developing in the area? Let the governors partner with private businesses to provide infrastructure and other development projects. The projects which NNDC focuses on do not benefit the people covered in oil depicted in the posted pictures by the OP.

Naijaking, stop being disingenuous on this matter, stop blaming the the piping of oil to Kaduna or Lagos for the demise of these unfortunate people.

ndu_chucks:

The bolded above is not the main reason for these senseless and self destructive acts of the good people of Bayelsa. NDDC was established in 2000 with the mission of facilitating the rapid, even and sustainable development of the Niger Delta into a region that is economically prosperous, socially stable, ecologically regenerative and politically peaceful.

For the past 12 years, NNDC has received over N3.3Trillion ($20+ billion) to help improve the lives of these people. Additionally, the Governors have recieved more than $300 - 500billion in the same period. What have the ND governors and the administrators of NNDC spent the money on and why have they ignored the masses? These are the people who should be blamed for the demise of the poor people of ND.

This year alone, N250billion was budgeted for NNDC, but the Chairman of the commission, Dr. Chris Oboh shamefuly said it would require about N1.3 trillion to enable it fund several ongoing capital projects in the oil rich region instead of the N250, during a hearing!!

To show you how irresponsible these people are, let me use Bayelsa as an example:

Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by Imyourex(m): 12:06pm On Jan 18, 2013
slim fit :

These once are better than their counterpart in Abuja at list they still Laboured to survive.
I think you meant at LEAST
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by vandarsar(m): 12:07pm On Jan 18, 2013
I think the bill board should read "rob" and not "rub" Having said that, I think this guys should be summoned to Abuja and an OON be bestowed on them.
If a group of local men can dig up a well functional refineries with or without going to school how much more the Nigerian government? Have always said it and I'll stop saying it that for every problem that ensue in this country, government is always the course.
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by anonimi: 12:18pm On Jan 18, 2013
Ada Nri1: I don't blame them. The lands are not fertile for agriculture. The politicians are looting money meant for them, should they die of hunger in the face of a God-given resource?

And they look like they are alive in those pictures
The politicians are not their relations, friends etc?

Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by patostation(m): 12:23pm On Jan 18, 2013
These common people have started doing what the Federal Government have refused to do: BUILDING MORE REFINERIES! Unfortunately, they have also started doing some of the things our government/Oil Companies are doing: STEALING FROM OUR COMMONWEALTH AND POLLUTING THE ENVIRONMENT. Let's wait and see who will outdo each other. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by Greatken007(m): 12:43pm On Jan 18, 2013
McAdem:
very disgraceful,a whole state making such error no proofreading before posting it,no wonder the president has PHD
no matter hw far u av gone acadenically u can never b more intelligent than GEJ

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by DigitalSignal(m): 12:50pm On Jan 18, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Good you said NDDC, and agreed there's corruption and mismanagement in it, but talking about your welfare program, if as you say 10% is taken from the budget to implement the program which would put N20,000 in the hands of 50% of a supposed 2 million population in Bayelsa state, then what percentage would go for other states in the Niger Delta and what percentage would go for other projects? Mind you some states are more than 2 million in population, and by implication would have less than N20,000 per person from the program and also take a longer time for everybody to benefit from it; by the way what is N20,000 to a man with children when he has no decent home, no water to drink, no road to move about and yet the nation's wealth is right at his backyard under his nose! I agree that the governors are not doing enough, but that shouldn't prevent the federal government from embarking on capital projects with dedicated commitment in the region; it deserves more attention than it's getting presently and ever before.
I see nothing shameful about what the NDDC chairman said; how big is N250 billion to be spent in the whole of the Niger Delta, with the difficult terrain of some states? It's not even up to some state government's budgets! Look at the east west road, is that what the people in the region deserve?
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by benzion72(m): 12:52pm On Jan 18, 2013
But they said our refinery are not working and this guys have local refining capacity that our college Professor should develop and allow us get a lease of life. It is a shame for Nigeria to be importing premium motor spirit, kerosene and diesel.
I salute the courage of this guy who are trying to survive despite all odd against them.
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by DigitalSignal(m): 1:05pm On Jan 18, 2013
pato station: These common people have started doing what the Federal Government have refused to do: BUILDING MORE REFINERIES! Unfortunately, they have also started doing some of the things our government/Oil Companies are doing: STEALING FROM OUR COMMONWEALTH AND POLLUTING THE ENVIRONMENT. Let's wait and see who will outdo each other. grin grin grin grin grin
What are they stealing from you? Smh.
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by nduchucks: 1:20pm On Jan 18, 2013
Kemet: This your maths is fuzzy. How do you want to achieve the miracle of using N20 billion to pay 1 million people, N20,000 a month for one year? N240 billion is nearer the mark.

As an aside, can you think about the social and economic consequences of paying people money for doing Bleep all? Building free houses everywhere? Unless your plan is to destroy free enterprise, individual responsibility and self reliance, your suggestions, to be polite, are quite dangerous.

My brother, forget the details in the numbers, I'm sure you get the point I was making. If you say that spending all the money on the people who need it is dangerous but you are OK with spending all the money on the looters and the elite, then you sir, are more dangerous to the causes of the ND people.

DigitalSignal:
Good you said NDDC, and agreed there's corruption and mismanagement in it, but talking about your welfare program, if as you say 10% is taken from the budget to implement the program which would put N20,000 in the hands of 50% of a supposed 2 million population in Bayelsa state, then what percentage would go for other states in the Niger Delta and what percentage would go for other projects? Mind you some states are more than 2 million in population, and by implication would have less than N20,000 per person from the program and also take a longer time for everybody to benefit from it; by the way what is N20,000 to a man with children when he has no decent home, no water to drink, no road to move about and yet the nation's wealth is right at his backyard under his nose! I agree that the governors are not doing enough, but that shouldn't prevent the federal government from embarking on capital projects with dedicated commitment in the region; it deserves more attention than it's getting presently and ever before.
I see nothing shameful about what the NDDC chairman said; how big is N250 billion to be spent in the whole of the Niger Delta, with the difficult terrain of some states? It's not even up to some state government's budgets! Look at the east west road, is that what the people in the region deserve?

Open your eyes!!! There is enough money flowingto the ND region to do whatI am suggesting 10 times over and to also build necessary infrastructure. Its time to start holding the governors who receive hundreds of billions of naira annually and NNDC accountable.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
I weep for my country................

What these people are doing will affect their generations to come. Not only their generation, but ours too.

If you know anything about environmental science, you will weep for the people of Balyesa and Nigeria as a whole.

It might be happening now in Balyesa but the repercussion in terms of environmental degradation will affect not only the state but all coastal areas of Nigeria and the inland part too. How will they get drinking water latter on when the water table has been polluted? How will they farm on a polluted land latter on down the line. How about the physical repercussion of inhaling fumes from raw and refined crude oil.

I weep for my country.............
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by Navalsadiq(m): 1:30pm On Jan 18, 2013
Kamanda:

The First thing to WRIGHT should be WRITE,right?
na you get lyrics pass.
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by thehomer: 1:57pm On Jan 18, 2013
I can imagine the sorts of cancers that will be rampant in that area in the next few years.

I don't know if this is a sign that Nigeria should seriously start considering the use of observation drones in those areas for the safety of the people and the environment and of course the country's natural resources.
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by Dede1(m): 2:09pm On Jan 18, 2013
I say good and more of the stuffs for the people of Bayelsa State and their likes. When I look at Lagos and Abuja in comparison to these pictures, I simply sighed. It is unfortunate that no amount of handout can satisfy (bellyful) a beneficiary. Also, you can not eat your cake and have it. The likes of Adaka Boro, Diete-Spiff and Ken Saro Wiwa should be held accountable for the pitiful situation these people found themselves.

Granted drilling open crude oil pipelines is the handiwork of the local communities, I guess something very demanding, hunger, pushed them into the act. I remember running around in areas around Obigbo, Imo River town and Owaza, the scares left on soil and vegetation by crude oil spillages take years to recover. The terminal illness crude oil spillages unleash on the people is uncountable. I hope the people of Bayelsa and other crude oil producing communities in southern Nigeria should enjoy it. I thanked my forbearers in Owerre and its environs for staging strong oppositions to Shell D’arcy crude oil explorations in the area during 40s and 50s.
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by ehie007(m): 2:19pm On Jan 18, 2013
|This is just sad. How polluted these areas have become. Instead of govt to rally with these guys to develop them and utilise their expertise. Black africa is just cursed...These people are just trying to survive in a general notion.

its just better if the world ends cos i dnt see black africa getting better any 100years soon.
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by sdbaba: 2:31pm On Jan 18, 2013
God help us in our country NIGERIA in Jesus name,Amen!
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by DigitalSignal(m): 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Open your eyes!!! There is enough money flowingto the ND region to do whatI am suggesting 10 times over and to also build necessary infrastructure. Its time to start holding the governors who receive hundreds of billions of naira annually and NNDC accountable.
I totally agree with you on making the governors and the NDDC officials accountable. However, I would want to disagree with you on your saying that the money coming to the Niger Delta is enough to build the necessary infrastructure! It isn't. It doesn't have to take centuries to develop the niger delta! And this is what is implied if the development of the region depends only on what is coming to the agencies and state governments. Federal government's financial might is needed!
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by NOVEE: 2:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
NA WA OH! NAIJA
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by nduchucks: 2:58pm On Jan 18, 2013
DigitalSignal:
However, I would want to disagree with you on your saying that the money coming to the Niger Delta is enough to build the necessary infrastructure! It isn't.

I want to believe that your statement above is due to lack of information on your part. Lets examine the numbers more closely using September 2012 as a benchmark. The monthly allocation from the total disbursement of nets after deductions, to the oil producing states are - AkwaIbom N17.3bn, Rivers receiving N12.5bn, Delta N13.2bn and Bayelsa N8.5bn. That is a whopping N51billion in one month!! That does not include other funds punped into the region by CBN and a host of other sources.

Multiply that by 12 months/year and it will be apparent to you that these state governments received over N6trillion (approx $40billion) over ten years. Add to that N250+ billion per year given to NDDC and you'll agree with me that enough money has already been poured into the region to turn the entire region to Qatar!!

If you say the money is not enough to build the necessary infrastructure, you are surely mistaking.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by danjalingo: 2:59pm On Jan 18, 2013
[quote author=Mayowura]Nigeria is moving forward!
Should we now say this business personel are hard working ?
since d fed govt cant fix refns,dy shud find a way regularizin, enhancing & modernizing dr activities so we may stop subsidy &save money.
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by Dede1(m): 3:06pm On Jan 18, 2013
Some people are simply deluded. If the so-called Niger Delta is developed, where would the drilling companies stage their operations, over skyscrapers and shopping malls? I remembered the capping of crude oil well around Umumasi due to rapid urbanization of the area.
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by KINGwax(m): 3:13pm On Jan 18, 2013
Mad Cow:

How about rather than we collecting allocations, we start allocating to the FG.

80% of this nation wealth comes from the backyards and streams and creeks of these people you see in these pictures.. We are not asking for change money anymore, we want the whole fhucking bank!!

sorry dude. The truth is, even if u av the whole fuckin bank, some ppl will still greedily enrich themselves. So, wot do u say abt corruption
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by nduchucks: 3:13pm On Jan 18, 2013
Dede1: Some people are simply deluded. If the so-called Niger Delta is developed, where would the drilling companies stage their operations, over skyscrapers and shopping malls? I remembered the capping of crude oil well around Umumasi due to rapid urbanization of the area.

You know better than this crap of a post. Over 97% of crude oil exported in the past 10 years have been sourced from off shore.
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by dasparrow: 3:16pm On Jan 18, 2013
@Post

I am just speechless. See suffer-head embarassed
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by Dede1(m): 4:07pm On Jan 18, 2013
ndu_chucks:

You know better than this crap of a post. Over 97% of crude oil exported in the past 10 years have been sourced from off shore.

When I said most Nigerians are deluded, including you, I meant every bit of the words. Why the noise about the so-called Niger Delta and idiocy surrounding NDDC if over 97% of crude oil exported in the past 10 years have been sourced from off shore? I had argued that off shore crude oil revenue belongs to all Nigerians equally.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by tunapawizzy: 5:07pm On Jan 18, 2013
manny4life: As for me, as much as this is dangerous to them (safety and health wise), I respect their hustle... period.

Like they say... GO HARD OR GO HOME.

WORD
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by tunapawizzy: 5:16pm On Jan 18, 2013
Mad Cow: To all the hustlers out there in the Niger Delta!! I say:

[img]http://2.bp..com/-JpVLyrvkexc/Teqy8IeVEuI/AAAAAAAAANM/PZ9GpQIk7gw/s1600/One+Love+-+1.jpg[/img]

Make your Money!!! Our Oil, Our Land!!
i hail una o
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by DigitalSignal(m): 6:07pm On Jan 18, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I want to believe that your statement above is due to lack of information on your part. Lets examine the numbers more closely using September 2012 as a benchmark. The monthly allocation from the total disbursement of nets after deductions, to the oil producing states are - AkwaIbom N17.3bn, Rivers receiving N12.5bn, Delta N13.2bn and Bayelsa N8.5bn. That is a whopping N51billion in one month!! That does not include other funds punped into the region by CBN and a host of other sources.

Multiply that by 12 months/year and it will be apparent to you that these state governments received over N6trillion (approx $40billion) over ten years. Add to that N250+ billion per year given to NDDC and you'll agree with me that enough money has already been poured into the region to turn the entire region to Qatar!!

If you say the money is not enough to build the necessary infrastructure, you are surely mistaking.
Interesting to see you provided those figures.
I want to believe that you know what it costs to build 1km of road in a state like Bayelsa! Presently, there 're three senatorial roads for which contracts have been awarded. One of those roads, about 42km, is awarded for N42b and the three roads are almost of the same size! Now, looking at your figure, even if the state government does not even pay salaries or do any other thing with the N8.5b as the figure you provided above, it will take a while before these three roads are finished! These are the kinds of things that the people want; capital intensive projects such as these require federal government's financial might and commitment. it's not beautifying state capitals with paltry sums as allocation and say it's enough! Perhaps, because you know that N8.5b can do wonders in some sections of the country, you say the region should not get more than it's getting! It requires more funds for faster development.
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by StarFlux: 8:38pm On Jan 18, 2013
Hmm, they need to be shut down immediately. They are ruining the environment and destroying food and water sources. Even killing themselves in the process.

Careless people.
Re: Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa by jahjehova(m): 9:01pm On Jan 18, 2013
for me, I believe GEJ should tap dis technology for naija. If the standard refineries wont work 4 us, y shouldn't we try local technology? Wat is india, japan, china using. FYI china still dey use coal power dia power stations.Naija wake up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Imo Ugochinyere Micheal In A Private Jet (Photos) / Buhari In Kaduna To Meet With Stakeholders From The Areas Affected By The Crisis / ‘Deadman’ Jonathan Nkpumeh In Court To Stop Rivers APC Congress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.