Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Advice On First Car To Buy - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice On First Car To Buy (23065 Views)

Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. / Mercedes-Benz Unveils Self-Driving Car To Be On Sale By 2020 / Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by chucky234(m): 9:14pm On Jan 17, 2013
Toyota Corolla take the lead if you are looking for fuel efficient car,I used a 2007 Corolla and it was awesome.

Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by Dopefiend(m): 9:19pm On Jan 17, 2013
illitrate: I advice you to go for a mitsubishi lancer or
a volkswagen Bora or jetta. The cars are comfirmed to spend
more time in the mechanic than at home and the road. they were my first. angry angry angry angry angry

Kilon so

Corolla all the way!!! Tho d matrix aint bad either

Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 17, 2013
Corolla all the way
Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by ukpaku: 9:20pm On Jan 17, 2013
Wizee: i dnt own a car yet but toyota 2.2 will mke brain.
toyota 2.2 dey?me i tink say na camry 2.2 oo

Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by sydny1: 9:21pm On Jan 17, 2013
The first car which i buy is Nissan XE.2O its a very comfortable car to drive and use......

Flight Simulator Sydney

Sydney Flight Simulator
Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 17, 2013
Damojo: Buy a toyota yaris and thank me later!

End of thread. Toyota Yaris is ridiculously fuel efficient and criminally cheap to maintain. It's a straight-to-the-point, no B.S. automobile for daily use with peace of mind. The only con is the laughable dashboard that looks so ugly and ancient, lol. Other than that, it's a great car that meets the OP's requirements.

Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by osifred(m): 9:27pm On Jan 17, 2013
Pls folks include the price of you suggested car cos am equally interested
Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 17, 2013
mrkels: Get a 2013 mercedes liimited edition cheesy

From your pocket ? No mind this poster, make she no go look for tokunbo camry buy. It's like you are showing off you have money for a new car. Don't buy rubbish oo.

Before i see you driving a KIA picanto.
Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by mich2012: 9:37pm On Jan 17, 2013
shesluvin: Ermm......A toyota maxima!!!!!!. I love dat car like ice cream!

Toyota what Please check the car you have if it's a "mixed breed". Toyota does not make Maxima, Nissan does.

Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 17, 2013
shesluvin: Ermm......A toyota maxima!!!!!!. I love dat car like ice cream!

There is nothing on earth like a toyota maxima. Shut up when you dont have something useful.

Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by Knight1(m): 9:46pm On Jan 17, 2013
i'd advice you buy a Hyundai i10 brand new. twill cost you less than 1.5m, you won't need to purchase tires, do.maintenance etc for like a year of use at least. the brand.is getting popular..and.its cute.
Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 17, 2013
pro01:

End of thread. Toyota Yaris is ridiculously fuel efficient and criminally cheap to maintain. It's a straight-to-the-point, no B.S. automobile for daily use with peace of mind. The only con is the laughable dashboard that looks so ugly and ancient, lol. Other than that, it's a great car that meets the OP's requirements.

How much is a new yaris?
Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by Ninilowo(m): 9:49pm On Jan 17, 2013
Buy Golf 3 automatic. Lo Ba Tan.
Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by Nosyke(m): 9:51pm On Jan 17, 2013
mich2012:

Toyota what Please check the car you have if it's a "mixed breed". Toyota does not make Maxima, Nissan does.
Now this got me cracking up so much. Mixed breed car....OMG so funny
Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by 1k001(m): 9:57pm On Jan 17, 2013
my first car was a golf 4. was reliable and never gave me too much wahala. would certainly recommend it
Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by FlyboyZee: 9:58pm On Jan 17, 2013
The Versa is Nissan's current entry-level model in the United States and Canada.[7] The Versa is marketed as a subcompact, competing against the Honda Fit, Hyundai Accent and Toyota Yaris.[8]

The North American Versa debuted at the 2006 North American International Auto Show in January of the same year. The hatchback model was introduced first, with the sedan arriving later at the end of the year, both as 2007 models. A 1.6-litre sedan replaced the 1.8 sedan in Canada for the 2009 model year, that year in the United States the 1.6 sedan was added to the lineup along the 1.8 sedan.

The Versa is powered by a 1.8 L I4 MR series engine producing 122 hp (91 kW) and 127 ft·lbf (170 N·m).[8] Three transmissions are offered: a four-speed automatic, a continuously variable transmission (CVT), and a six-speed manual. It is one of two cars in its class (in the North American market) to offer a six-speed manual transmission as standard equipment (next to the 2012 Hyundai Accent). Two trim levels include the S and SL—the SL offering air conditioning, power accessories and ABS, all of which are options on the S. The Versa SL also has features/options not available on the S such as cruise control (available on some S models), alloy wheels, optional CVT (the 4-speed automatic is only available for the Versa S but CVT is available on some S models), optional Bluetooth connectivity for electronic devices, and a sport package which adds a power moonroof, rear spoiler, and underside aero kit.

2010 models featured a redesigned grille and a new design for the 1.8S model's wheel covers. In North America, the sedan was replaced by its second generation starting the 2012 model year (hence, 2011 being its last). The fate of the hatchback was however extended for one more year, 2012 being its last. Production of both for that market stopped in mid-2011

Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by FlyboyZee: 9:58pm On Jan 17, 2013
The Versa is Nissan's current entry-level model in the United States and Canada.[7] The Versa is marketed as a subcompact, competing against the Honda Fit, Hyundai Accent and Toyota Yaris.[8]

The North American Versa debuted at the 2006 North American International Auto Show in January of the same year. The hatchback model was introduced first, with the sedan arriving later at the end of the year, both as 2007 models. A 1.6-litre sedan replaced the 1.8 sedan in Canada for the 2009 model year, that year in the United States the 1.6 sedan was added to the lineup along the 1.8 sedan.

The Versa is powered by a 1.8 L I4 MR series engine producing 122 hp (91 kW) and 127 ft·lbf (170 N·m).[8] Three transmissions are offered: a four-speed automatic, a continuously variable transmission (CVT), and a six-speed manual. It is one of two cars in its class (in the North American market) to offer a six-speed manual transmission as standard equipment (next to the 2012 Hyundai Accent). Two trim levels include the S and SL—the SL offering air conditioning, power accessories and ABS, all of which are options on the S. The Versa SL also has features/options not available on the S such as cruise control (available on some S models), alloy wheels, optional CVT (the 4-speed automatic is only available for the Versa S but CVT is available on some S models), optional Bluetooth connectivity for electronic devices, and a sport package which adds a power moonroof, rear spoiler, and underside aero kit.

2010 models featured a redesigned grille and a new design for the 1.8S model's wheel covers. In North America, the sedan was replaced by its second generation starting the 2012 model year (hence, 2011 being its last). The fate of the hatchback was however extended for one more year, 2012 being its last. Production of both for that market stopped in mid-2011

Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by ONWARDBABA: 10:05pm On Jan 17, 2013
Nice §☺ evry V6 engine consump fuel And expensive to maintain
Rhino.5dm:
Fuel consumption and more unnecessary additional cost.

Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by Revolva(m): 10:12pm On Jan 17, 2013
Oga buy range rover jeep !!!! Haha naija every suv na jeep,,
Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by sexysunnyb(m): 10:26pm On Jan 17, 2013
Buy okada and cutomize the number
Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by hardbody: 10:27pm On Jan 17, 2013
xtremeidea:

also consider the value of the car incase u wanna resell

Resell a second hand car? Na wa ooo, who is gonna buy and what value is there to get. Na so the economy bad reach?, hian....
Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by ifyeky(m): 10:31pm On Jan 17, 2013
I tink Nissan Almeria is also nice
Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by omicron(m): 10:31pm On Jan 17, 2013
hardbody:

Resell a second hand car? Na wa ooo, who is gonna buy and what value is there to get. Na so the economy bad reach?, hian....
where do you live? sad

Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by hardbody: 10:32pm On Jan 17, 2013
Knight1: i'd advice you buy a Hyundai i10 brand new. twill cost you less than 1.5m, you won't need to purchase tires, do.maintenance etc for like a year of use at least. the brand.is getting popular..and.its cute.

I wont touch any Hyundai with a 10 foot pole. My Tucson is still working fine, but I don't have the same level of trust that I have had with other brands. And the silly elevated car was bought at the price of N4.7m about 4years ago. I regret that choice.
Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by shiftbutton: 10:33pm On Jan 17, 2013
mafiawars: Hello Nairalanders

I basically need advice on a new first car to buy. Since iv been on the lookout, everyday I see something new on the road I like, so I decided to ask yall Nairaland experts.
Im a typical female who likes compact cars and has parking issues(lol), so apart from that, im looking at a fuel efficient car and one which is easy to maintain.

Options are:
Golf 4 (Although everyone says it has electrical issues and it will give me loads of trouble)
2004 Toyota Matrix
2002-2006 Honda Civic
2004 Toyota Corolla (hatchback)
Nissan Versa
2004 Ford Focus (hatchback)
Toyota Yaris (hatchback)

Im open to more suggestions, but no sedans pls.

Ensure you get a portable tyre pump u can put under your car seat, u will find it very very useful.

Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by pat077: 10:38pm On Jan 17, 2013

I basically need advice on a new first car to buy. Since iv been on the lookout, everyday I see something new on the road I like, so I decided to ask yall Nairaland experts.
Im a typical female who likes compact cars and has parking issues(lol), so apart from that, im looking at a fuel efficient car and one which is easy to maintain.

Options are:
Golf 4 (Although everyone says it has electrical issues and it will give me loads of trouble)
2004 Toyota Matrix
2002-2006 Honda Civic
Nissan Versa
Toyota Yaris (hatchback)

why not go 4 keke napep (tricycle).
Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by elbinmanny(m): 10:42pm On Jan 17, 2013
Take my word and get yourself a mercedes benz c class! The car is superb, very low fuel consumption, high speed, the balance is perfect, the interior is like heaven ! Maintenance affordable and it will definitely get u some winks! I'm using a C 230 no issues wat so ever!!!! Take my word and go for it! The parts are everywhere.cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by tomiedatlo: 10:43pm On Jan 17, 2013
Francheezy: g0 buy dat 2014 car wey dat 0ba buy, x0 u g0 break rec0rd
Lolz yeye boi
Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by otikpoko(m): 10:46pm On Jan 17, 2013

Options are:
2004 Toyota Matrix
2002-2006 Honda Civic
Nissan Versa
Toyota Yaris (hatchback)

Ask fhemmy in the auto section grin
I think he is the best in nairaland when it comes to cars cool

Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by dammytosh: 11:24pm On Jan 17, 2013
First car ?

limited Budget ?

Fuel Efficiency ?

Maintenance ?

Still APpear as a Big Boy

Buy 2009 Toyota Camry (Muscle)
Re: Advice On First Car To Buy by rainbowb(f): 11:39pm On Jan 17, 2013
redcliff: The honda civic should fly. Its a perfect definition of "a first car with less troubles"

FRSC's Offences & Penalties List / Photos : Accident At Ijesha, Lagos / Introducing The 2017 Lamborghini Terzo Millennio (photos)