Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Do Good Muslims Really Exist? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do Good Muslims Really Exist? (8901 Views)

What Do Muslims Really Think About Clubbing? Western Vs Conservative Islam! / Do Muslims Really Hate Everything Piggy ? / Does Jerusalem Mean Anything To Muslims Really? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 21, 2013
anataala:
terrorism is in all religions,both Muslim and christian, u will quite agree with anything that can cause panic, trauma that if your not lucky can lead to dead and loss of properties is terrorism, and you know majority of people that are associated with arm robbery,kidnapping,sale of fake drugs advance free fraud 419 etc, the are from SS with little in SW nd North so what do call them?
whats d difference between an axe and just a small knife. Don't deceive yourself and give an unbiased reason. Don't just comment on something because of mental feelings and emotions. I just don't know what to comment on ur post cos its baseless.
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 21, 2013
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by begwong: 11:48am On Jan 21, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: No need for the RED CAUTION on xtain posts....xtains are not scary and heads won't roll...so feel free to blaspheme.....WE LOVE U
Abi oo!
Islam with the phobia of abuse.

1 Like

Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by begwong: 11:49am On Jan 21, 2013
apocalypse: Hehehe , oh I love the threat.

There really isn't any difference between Muslims and Christians , I like to think religion is the real enemy here
no wonder u are the "apocalypse" grin grin grin
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Paschal007: 11:50am On Jan 21, 2013
maclatunji:

LOL- at bolded, the Moderator of the Islam for Muslims Section did not initiate or sponsor that warning- I hope those who did will be kind enough to come forward with their reasons.

However, I subscribe to the notion that insults of any kind of any group should not be tolerated here or elsewhere.

Thank you.
Alright sir, thanks for the clarification.

Oga Seun i know this is your handiwork, its all good sha at least anybody that wants to post offensive comment would've to think twice.
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Nobody: 11:51am On Jan 21, 2013
d moderatorp are saying things that posts should not be offensive to Islam. What about posts being offensive to christian. Both d moderators and their Islams are all products of sentiment and emotions.

2 Likes

Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by mycoldsweat: 11:52am On Jan 21, 2013
I don't know why ppll will deliberately want to divert a good trend aim at making us reason together, if I understand the op he wants to why these bad gays are doing all these thing in the name of islam, and those who are good muslims, which are believe exist are not raising up against them to protect the good name of their religion. Having said that it dose nt mean that their are no bad guys in other religions, societies, organizations etc but as long as nobody belonging to the same society with me is doing any bad thing in the name of our common society but in this case we know on whose name these guys claims to be fighting and those good once who belong to the same religion should raise up against them unless any one shares the same objectives with them
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Cheers01: 11:54am On Jan 21, 2013
BetaThings:
What is diversionary about this?
When people gather muslims, train them, equip them to fight not as regular army because of your own political agenda
What happens when you no longer need them
You now call on majority of muslims who never were involved in your game, never had influence on your "guerilla warriors" etc
And ask them to bring the battle-hardened to normal life

Boko Haram might not be easily explained but it have also been said that they are part of struggle for power by the political class
Even then Social issues are not typically explained 100% by major factors
Explaining 85% will normally do
(CF the report on the habits of products of China's one-child policy)

You can see why the FG is rehabilitating ex-militants in the ND - because people who are used to fighting cannot just be turned loose

There will always be conflicts but the upsurge is traceable to recent history
Check the history of terror activities before
1. the creation of the state of Israel
2. Invasion of Afghanistan/deployment of American troops to Saudi Arabia (al Qaeda)
3. Invasion of Iraq

I agree.

When it is something good, Islam is involved. Zakat, healthy halal food, the prosperity of UAE/Qatar are all from the goodness of Islam.
When it is something bad, it is politics. Terrorism by muslims, Boko Haram, Stoning of women, beheadings are all from bad politics not islam.

angry

3 Likes

Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Paschal007: 11:56am On Jan 21, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Why can't somone just answer YES or NO?
YES they exist. I've one muslim friend and she's been great.

Why did they remove the topic from homepage?
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by begwong: 11:59am On Jan 21, 2013
Paschal007: YES they exist. I've one muslim friend and she's been great.

Why did they remove the topic from homepage?

To avoid religious e-war and barrage of banning! grin
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 21, 2013

4 Likes

Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by maclatunji: 12:12pm On Jan 21, 2013
apocalypse:

A holy war waged on behalf of Islam as a religious duty.

A personal struggle in devotion to Islam especially involving spiritual discipline.

A crusade for a principle or belief

Your sources please.
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Cheers01: 12:13pm On Jan 21, 2013
apocalypse:

A holy war waged on behalf of Islam as a religious duty.

A personal struggle in devotion to Islam especially involving spiritual discipline.

A crusade for a principle or belief

Gbam.....thank you! Comprehensive definition of all school of thoughts on jihad!
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Cheers01: 12:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
maclatunji:

Your sources please.

lol....after being answered comprehensively, this is all you have to say?

Are you not a muslim? Why would you be asking for sources when you know that these are the various definitions of jihad?

cheesy
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 21, 2013
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by maclatunji: 12:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
apocalypse:

And the source would either validate or refute it ?

You are defining, your sources should validate your definition I would think. undecided
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 21, 2013
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Wizeboy(m): 12:35pm On Jan 21, 2013
991:

if that be the case, then why bring topics like this on the front page? don't you think the topic is exposed to abuse? or do the Op intentionally want to get people banned?

Who told you is Muslim that create the topic or bring it to the front page? That is what I am saying, Christian folks should try to be tolerance. This topic is part of the intolerance I am really saying about your Christian folks on Nairaland (is Christian that created the topic, check well).
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by maclatunji: 12:35pm On Jan 21, 2013
Cheers01:

lol....after being answered comprehensively, this is all you have to say?

Are you not a muslim? Why would you be asking for sources when you know that these are the various definitions of jihad?

cheesy

Muslims don't just define concepts by stringing words together without sources.
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by anataala: 12:48pm On Jan 21, 2013
Chukskalidon:
whats d difference between an axe and just a small knife. Don't deceive yourself and give an unbiased reason. Don't just comment on something because of mental feelings and emotions. I just don't know what to comment on ur post cos its baseless.
there is noting baseless is a fact, and if is not, kindly tell me what they are, they are terrorist as well, or are u telling me all what i have mention is not a crime against humanity
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jan 21, 2013
maclatunji:

Please define Jihad to us.
Jihad in Islam is a religious duty of the muslims. It is one of the 10 practices of the Islamic religion and regarded as the 6th pillar of Islam. There are 2 acceptable meaning jihad: an inner spiritual struggle and outer physical struggle. The "greater jihad" is d inner struggle by a believer to fulfil his religious duties while "the lesser jihad" is d physical struggle against the enemies of muslims which is done in a violent way. 99% muslims engages on this as even now the spiritual duties of muslims are now channeled to the physical struggles. Jihad occured 41 times in quaran. All muslims are jihadist and a jihadist is a killer.

1 Like

Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2013
maclatunji:

Please define Jihad to us.
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Cheers01: 1:16pm On Jan 21, 2013
maclatunji:

Muslims don't just define concepts by stringing words together without sources.

What you are doing is no different from a christian apologist. When told that there is war/killing in the bible, the christian aplogist will ask for sources when he know that it is there in the bible.

You were given a truly comprehensive definition of jihad, and like an apologist, rather say what is right or wrong, you ask for sources when you know it is the truth.

Here is a good source
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/islam/beliefs/jihad_1.shtml
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by maclatunji: 1:18pm On Jan 21, 2013
Chukskalidon:
Jihad in Islam is a religious duty of the muslims. It is one of the 10 practices of the Islamic religion and regarded as the 6th pillar of Islam. There are 2 acceptable meaning jihad: an inner spiritual struggle and outer physical struggle. The "greater jihad" is d inner struggle by a believer to fulfil his religious duties while "the lesser jihad" is d physical struggle against the enemies of muslims which is done in a violent way. 99% muslims engages on this as even now the spiritual duties of muslims are now channeled to the physical struggles. Jihad occured 41 times in quaran. All muslims are jihadist and a jihadist is a killer.

@bolded, this must be a new religion you started not Islam.
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Cheers01: 1:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
maclatunji:

@bolded, this must be a new religion you started not Islam.

lmao
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
Am not gonna be offensive to Islam cuz there is nothing Offensive in Islam!!!

Yes of course,''Good Muslims'' really exist all around the world..... !!!

And the Bad Muslims exist too same way Bad Christains and Really Good xtians Exist also Good people and Bad people!!!

Most terrorist organisation/cell has link with al-qaeda and beneath Al-qaeda is western influence!!!

Terrorism is just Global Politics via which Islam is being tarnished while Gay Marriage,Extortation in d name of Religion is also Global politics via which Christianity is being Tarnished .......!!!!

All-in-All..... All these are Devils/Satan crafts to rubbish Monotheist(those who Believe,Praise and worship One True GOD) and Establish the Authority Of Satan all through the World......!!!!!.......They are really changing the World against Muslims and Christians by first creating discord among Believers.........ahahaahaha..... Funny!!! And we are here crying foul too......... Tis working indeed!!

All these has really been prophesised and when the ''Believe in One True God has absolutely collapse.........a ''Messiah shall emerge'' right ? To lead those who truly believe out of this world before Armagedon or wharever!!!!

Maybe a time is coming that True Xtian and Muslim will only worship God in there Bedroom!!!
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 21, 2013
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by maclatunji: 1:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
Cheers01:

What you are doing is no different from a christian apologist. When told that there is war/killing in the bible, the christian aplogist will ask for sources when he know that it is there in the bible.

You were given a truly comprehensive definition of jihad, and like an apologist, rather say what is right or wrong, you ask for sources when you know it is the truth.

Here is a good source

The BBC is an authority on Islam? But let me go with you:

Introduction

Jihad

The literal meaning of Jihad is struggle or effort, and it means much more than holy war.

Muslims use the word Jihad to describe three different kinds of struggle:

A believer's internal struggle to live out the Muslim faith as well as possible
The struggle to build a good Muslim society
Holy war: the struggle to defend Islam, with force if necessary

Many modern writers claim that the main meaning of Jihad is the internal spiritual struggle, and this is accepted by many Muslims.

However there are so many references to Jihad as a military struggle in Islamic writings that it is incorrect to claim that the interpretation of Jihad as holy war is wrong.

Jihad and the Prophet

The internal Jihad is the one that Prophet Muhammad is said to have called the greater Jihad.

But the quotation in which the Prophet says this is regarded as coming from an unreliable source by some scholars. They regard the use of Jihad to mean holy war as the more important.

It is obvious even from the BBC that any attempt to make military struggle the primary definition of Islam is wrong, they simply tried to twist their definition to give that effect.

2 Likes

Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Cheers01: 1:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
donroxy: Am not gonna be offensive to Islam cuz there is nothing Offensive in Islam!!!

Yes of course,''Good Muslims'' really exist all around the world..... !!!

And the Bad Muslims exist too same way Bad Christains and Really Good xtians Exist also Good people and Bad people!!!

Most terrorist organisation/cell has link with al-qaeda and beneath Al-qaeda is western influence!!!

Terrorism is just Global Politics via which Islam is being tarnished while[b] Gay Marriage,Extortation in d name of Religion[/b] is also Global politics via which Christianity is being Tarnished .......!!!!

All-in-All..... All these are Devils/Satan crafts to rubbish Monotheist(those who Believe,Praise and worship One True GOD) and Establish the Authority Of Satan all through the World......!!!!!.......They are really changing the World against Muslims and Christians by first creating discord among Believers.........ahahaahaha..... Funny!!! And we are here crying foul too......... Tis working indeed!!

Maybe a time is coming that True Xtian and Muslim will only worship God in there Bedroom!!!

You are on some strong drugs bro. smiley
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Cheers01: 1:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
maclatunji:

The BBC is an authority on Islam? But let me go with you:

Introduction

Jihad

The literal meaning of Jihad is struggle or effort, and it means much more than holy war.

Muslims use the word Jihad to describe three different kinds of struggle:

A believer's internal struggle to live out the Muslim faith as well as possible
The struggle to build a good Muslim society
Holy war: the struggle to defend Islam, with force if necessary

Many modern writers claim that the main meaning of Jihad is the internal spiritual struggle, and this is accepted by many Muslims.

However there are so many references to Jihad as a military struggle in Islamic writings that it is incorrect to claim that the interpretation of Jihad as holy war is wrong.

Jihad and the Prophet

The internal Jihad is the one that Prophet Muhammad is said to have called the greater Jihad.

But the quotation in which the Prophet says this is regarded as coming from an unreliable source by some scholars. They regard the use of Jihad to mean holy war as the more important.

It is obvious even from the BBC that any attempt to make military struggle the primary definition of Islam is wrong, they simply tried to twist their definition to give that effect.

Can everybody see the problem with certain muslims? Always paranoid about the West. The infidel capitalist West

The BBC uses scholars for its religion section. I know this because I was on their forums before. The christian articles are written by christian scholars.

The article on Jihad was written by a muslim and referenced with the Quran!!

See the denial?
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 21, 2013
Cheers01:

You are on some strong drugs bro. smiley
hmmm,uhmm!!
Re: Do Good Muslims Really Exist? by maclatunji: 1:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
Wizeboy:

Who told you is Muslim that create the topic or bring it to the front page? That is what I am saying, Christian folks should try to be tolerance. This topic is part of the intolerance I am really saying about your Christian folks on Nairaland (is Christian that created the topic, check well).

He is actually suggesting that a non-Muslim created a topic for non-Muslims to be banned by a Muslim as evidence of the "intolerance of Muslims". That is how many are- pathetically weak analysts and thinkers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Is Ramadan 1444AH Starting? / An Important Hadith For Husband-wife Relationship / 7 Habits Of Successful Muslim Youth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.