Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha (23209 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / The Day Atiku Blasted Obasanjo To His Face / ECOWAS Vows Never To Invite Obasanjo To Monitor Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by Qrous(m): 1:05am On Jan 20, 2013
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Saturday in Abeokuta, Ogun State, described Imo State Governor,Rochas Okorocha,as a “failure.” Obasanjo said this just as the Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, likened the current crisis rocking the ruling party as a “surgery” which must bring some pain to members.

Obasanjo who was responding to guests who spoke during the grand finale of a civic reception organised in his honour by the South West Zone of the PDP said there was no way he could associate with Okorocha who had jokingly referred to the former President as his “colleague.”
Okorocha, a governor on the platform of the All Progressives Grand Alliance had defected from the PDP to the All Nigeria Peoples Party where he contested for the presidential ticket of the party in 2003 but failed to secure it.

The Imo governor had earlier in his speech talked about his days as Special Adviser on Inter-Party Affairs to Obasanjo, saying he gave the ex-President advice that resulted in the good decisions that Obasanjo took while in office.

The Imo governor said, “Obasanjo is indeed PDP. But in the actual sense, he’s a national leader. He does not belong to the PDP alone but a national leader of Nigeria. If I have another opportunity to advise him, I will tell him to be the national leader of the country and not the national leader of the party.

“We are here to give honour to whom honour is due. Obasanjo will remain immovable and unshakable. He is a man that is very difficult to describe. He represents different things to different people. But for me, he represents a former colleague. We both ran for
the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. And later when he appointed me as his adviser, I gave him all the good advice.
“All the good things he did for those eight years, I advised him but all the bad ones he did, I travelled out of the country. I want to join Nigerians to celebrate this icon — this great and steadfast Nigerian, who is not afraid of fighting any battle. But when he starts fighting he doesn’t stop until he finishes fighting. He’s a general’s general and a soldier’s soldier.”

But the Governor of Akwa Ibom, Godswill Akpabio, in his message immediately came to Obasanjo’s defence and told Okorocha that, “I was not as lucky as Governor Okorocha to work with him Obasanjo. So I did not give him advice. I’m very sure that even the few things that he did were actually taken out of the bad advice of APGA where Rochas Okorocha must have represented. Baba, I say the good ones are from you, not from him (Okorocha).”

In his reaction, the former president said he could not be a colleague to Okorocha. He said, “I met Okorocha a long ago by virtue of the fact that he was brought up in Jos — one of the few cities that I found in the fifties and seventies as a genuine melting pot in Nigeria. He is a true Nigerian and when he wants to pull me down, he will say we are colleagues. How can I be a colleague of a failure? You are a failure in contesting the presidency of Nigeria!” Tukur in his speech said the crisis-ridden PDP was undergoing a surgery in which pains must be felt for the ruling party to get over its current unhealthy state. He said, “Let us fight and win unity, peace, development for our dear nation. The surgery we have started in our party, the PDP is in line with our vision for a better society and the aspiration of all Nigerians. In this surgery we are aware we must lose some blood, undergo some pains and challenges but surely the result will eventually be one sacrifice that we made for ourselves.” Vice-President Namadi Sambo who used the occasion to talk about the achievements of the Jonathan-led administration, described Obasanjo as a true nationalist.

www.punchng.com/news/youre-a-failure-obasanjo-tells-okorocha/
Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:15am On Jan 20, 2013
They were talking 'tongue-in-cheek', so i think the subject of the thread is a bit misleading.

15 Likes

Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by koruji(m): 4:05am On Jan 20, 2013
The congregation of redundants are simply having a friendly banter. The really insightful aspects of the whole thing are below:

Qrous:
Tukur in his speech said the crisis-ridden PDP was undergoing a surgery in which pains must be felt for the ruling party to get over its current unhealthy state. He said, “Let us fight and win unity, peace, development for our dear nation. The surgery we have started in our party, the PDP is in line with our vision for a better society and the aspiration of all Nigerians. In this surgery we are aware we must lose some blood, undergo some pains and challenges but surely the result will eventually be one sacrifice that we made for ourselves.”

After 16 years, PDP is performing surgery on the party. As Yorubas would say, "If you plan madness for 20 years, how many years do you plan to spend biting trees". 16 years, awash with oil money, we are still generating 4.5 GW of electricity.

Qrous: Vice-President Namadi Sambo who used the occasion to talk about the achievements of the Jonathan-led administration, described Obasanjo as a true nationalist.
Vice-President Sambo talked about the achievements of the Jonathan-led administration, which are? Is the answer in the footnote to the newspaper somewhere or simply not worth writing about because they are "TOO MUCH" to describe?

www.punchng.com/news/youre-a-failure-obasanjo-tells-okorocha/[/quote]

8 Likes

Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by Gboliwe: 4:17am On Jan 20, 2013
What a headline! Just to sell news? Our journalists need Jesus.

3 Likes

Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by santakris(m): 4:56am On Jan 20, 2013
Matured fight. Real mature.
Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by PaulJohn1: 5:10am On Jan 20, 2013
"All the good things he did for those eight years, I advised him but all the bad ones he did" - Rochas

Lol
Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by geeez: 6:08am On Jan 20, 2013
Not just a failure but a lair.

Qrous:
The Imo governor said, “Obasanjo is indeed PDP. But in the actual sense, he’s a national leader. He does not belong to the PDP alone but a national leader of Nigeria. If I have another opportunity to advise him, I will tell him to be the national leader of the country and not the national leader of the party.

“We are here to give honour to whom honour is due. Obasanjo will remain immovable and unshakable. He is a man that is very difficult to describe. He represents different things to different people. But for me, he represents a former colleague. We both ran for the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. And later when he appointed me as his adviser, I gave him all the good advice.
“All the good things he did for those eight years, I advised him but all the bad ones he did, I travelled out of the country. I want to join Nigerians to celebrate this icon — this great and steadfast Nigerian, who is not afraid of fighting any battle. But when he starts fighting he doesn’t stop until he finishes fighting. He’s a general’s general and a soldier’s soldier.”
Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by cfours: 6:10am On Jan 20, 2013
both failures need to go and siddon for corner. mtcheww

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 6:23am On Jan 20, 2013
I like obj for sharp brain and quick response.who you be to say all good advice comes from you alone. that is pride working. but baba no dey carry last. even if both of you are failure,thanks for putting him where he belongs.
in as such that I will like Ibo to rule this country soonest, I can see why their leaders are having problems and antagonist every where-self glory.

1 Like

Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 20, 2013
koruji:
After 16 years, PDP is performing surgery on the party. As Yorubas would say, "If you plan madness for 20 years, how many years do you plan to spend biting trees". 16 years, awash with oil money, we are still generating 4.5 GW of electricity.

Bold part is quite unfortunate really. The amount of progress and development Nigeria could have enjoyed with the money oil earns us is enough to put the country at par with other developed nations. But because of the greed and avarice of the PDP demons, we are still unable to even have uninterrupted power supply for just one day in the entire country.
PDP is dying, that is why the party is facing crisis presently and the sooner the party members accept that fact, the better for them.
Surgery my foot.

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by Afam4eva(m): 8:23am On Jan 20, 2013
Wasn't this a joke they made during Okorocha's daughter's wedding?

1 Like

Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by Super1759: 8:30am On Jan 20, 2013
oh! Rochas my governor, OBJ is not your mate. No noise please

1 Like

Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by Ngwakwe: 8:42am On Jan 20, 2013
At least, he has the courage to tell Baba that there were many bad decisions he took during his regime.

Obasanjo sorry for not acknowledging your errors.

3 Likes

Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by gunuvi(m): 8:56am On Jan 20, 2013
Pls let's be careful with Okorocha. So in a country of over 150 million, you are the only one that gave Baba the good advises? You are a big f.ool! Liar.
Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 20, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
They were talking 'tongue-in-cheek', so i think the subject of the thread is a bit misleading.

One of the few times you actually are making sense...I would advise you to leave bigotry, you sound a lot better when you are not discussing IboMassobOjukwu matter. grin

7 Likes

Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by etalker: 9:12am On Jan 20, 2013
Qrous: All the good things he did for those eight years, I advised him but all the bad ones he did, I travelled out of the country.

This got me cracking.

Nobody wanna associate with bad things.

@Rochas- for ur mind u wise huh?
Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by frodobee: 9:49am On Jan 20, 2013
This is about the second time Rochas is saying this to Baba's face. Recall that he said same during the Turai Yaradua Cancer foundation fund raising ceremony. There must be some truth. Anyways, i like his courage- both men, but most importantly the younger- for saying it repeatedly to his face. Not like me and fellow NLder's, typing s h i t behind a chinese toy of a facade.

4 Likes

Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by SlyIg(f): 10:18am On Jan 20, 2013
Haha... Naija!
Rochas might have planned so much for that day and thank God he was able to deliver his message which i'm quite sure he hasn't regretted.

Who in Naija that is seeking for a national position can look into baba's face to say all that. Infact, Rochas... I throw away salute for you for such courage.

Now,you've played into baba's track,so be very careful so that you don't later regret. Baba is such an influencial person in Naija.

1 Like

Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by Tolexander: 10:20am On Jan 20, 2013
Okorocha: olusegun obasanjo is my colleague cos we contested the election together.
Obasanjo: am not rochas okorocha's colleague cos he lost the election.

MEANING
Okorocha: gbogbo eyan lo fe ba oloriire tan(everybody wants to relate with a successful man)
Obasanjo: oloriburuku kii se ara ile me(nobody dares associate with an unsuccessful man).
Obasanjo is becoming prominent in the media nowadays.

7 Likes

Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 20, 2013
koruji:

/
I think you meant to say 4500MW.

1 Like

Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by iamswizz(m): 10:50am On Jan 20, 2013
Qrous: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Saturday in Abeokuta, Ogun State, described Imo State Governor,Rochas Okorocha,as a “failure.” Obasanjo said this just as the Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, likened the current crisis rocking the ruling party as a “surgery” which must bring some pain to members.

Obasanjo who was responding to guests who spoke during the grand finale of a civic reception organised in his honour by the South West Zone of the PDP said there was no way he could associate with Okorocha who had jokingly referred to the former President as his “colleague.”
Okorocha, a governor on the platform of the All Progressives Grand Alliance had defected from the PDP to the All Nigeria Peoples Party where he contested for the presidential ticket of the party in 2003 but failed to secure it.

The Imo governor had earlier in his speech talked about his days as Special Adviser on Inter-Party Affairs to Obasanjo, saying he gave the ex-President advice that resulted in the good decisions that Obasanjo took while in office.

“We are here to give honour to whom honour is due. Obasanjo will remain immovable and unshakable. He is a man that is very difficult to describe. He represents different things to different people. But for me, he represents a former colleague. We both ran for
the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. And later when he appointed me as his adviser, I gave him all the good advice.

But the Governor of Akwa Ibom, Godswill Akpabio, in his message immediately came to Obasanjo’s defence and told Okorocha that, “I was not as lucky as Governor Okorocha to work with him Obasanjo. So I did not give him advice. I’m very sure that even the few things that he did were actually taken out of the bad advice of APGA where Rochas Okorocha must have represented. Baba, I say the good ones are from you, not from him (Okorocha).”

In his reaction, the former president said he could not be a colleague to Okorocha. He said, “I met Okorocha a long ago by virtue of the fact that he was brought up in Jos — one of the few cities that I found in the fifties and seventies as a genuine melting pot in Nigeria. He is a true Nigerian and when he wants to pull me down, he will say we are colleagues. How can I be a colleague of a failure? You are a failure in contesting the presidency of Nigeria!” Tukur in his speech said the crisis-ridden PDP was undergoing a surgery in which pains must be felt for the ruling party to get over its current unhealthy state. He said, “Let us fight and win unity, peace, development for our dear nation. The surgery we have started in our party, the PDP is in line with our vision for a better society and the aspiration of all Nigerians. In this surgery we are aware we must lose some blood, undergo some pains and challenges but surely the result will eventually be one sacrifice that we made for ourselves.” Vice-President Namadi Sambo who used the occasion to talk about the achievements of the Jonathan-led administration, described Obasanjo as a true nationalist.

www.punchng.com/news/youre-a-failure-obasanjo-tells-okorocha/
ok
Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 20, 2013
[size=13pt]Obasanjo is talking every day. Is he trying to take the "parrot" title from El-Rufai?[/size]

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by oboy3(m): 10:59am On Jan 20, 2013
Obj keep talking,last time you nearly lost your manhood,now all the way from southwest you chuk mouth for southeast matta
maybe next you will finally confess to sleeping with you daughter in-law

1 Like

Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 20, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Obasanjo is talking every day. Is he trying to take the "parrot" title from El-Rufai?[/size]
He talks every day b4 na, but it seems the media is now in love with him, and for no real reason I shld add.
His powers are so exagerated.

1 Like

Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by otokx(m): 11:03am On Jan 20, 2013
The Punch newspapers have resorted to junk journalism to sell their product to the average Nigerian that is mostly gullible.
Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 20, 2013
Hmmm

12 Likes

Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by hollandis(f): 11:04am On Jan 20, 2013
gunuvi: Pls let's be careful with Okorocha. So in a country of over 150 million, you are the only one that gave Baba the good advises? You are a big f.ool! Liar.

oni ranu

4bobo: I like obj for sharp brain and quick response.who you be to say all good advice comes from you alone. that is pride working. but baba no dey carry last. even if both of you are failure,thanks for putting him where he belongs.
in as such that I will like Ibo to rule this country soonest, I can see why their leaders are having problems and antagonist every where-self glory.
illiterate talking mtchewww
Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by ujchief(m): 11:07am On Jan 20, 2013
What u useless heading! Deceptive at its worst.
Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by gunuvi(m): 11:12am On Jan 20, 2013
hollandis:

oni ranu

illiterate talking mtchewww
Egbere! Ema na yon na we. Ato towe po meto we lee po ajagbalu.
Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by GuysnMum: 11:14am On Jan 20, 2013
@CFCfan..,.
Why dont u ask questions before u post? 4.5GW is same as 4500MW. D difference is jst dat, while i could mimick u to a copy cat, he is technical

Also learn tp keep ur cool.. Right

2 Likes

Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by Techwriter: 11:25am On Jan 20, 2013
Re: You Are A Failure - Obasanjo To Rochas Okorocha by Justicemy: 11:27am On Jan 20, 2013
dis was a joke made in rochas daughter's wedding three weeks ago nd NL is posting it 2day as a current topic, come on NL admins u can do more dan dis

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria In Deep Economic Trouble: “FG, States, LGs Share N518.5bn For June” / WIPAS: Igbo Group To Raise N500 Billion For 2023 Presidency Project / Barr Festus Keyamo Declares For APC !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.