Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,104 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. (121606 Views)

Travelling To Other Countries After Overstaying In UK For 5 Months / Overstaying In The US On A B1/B2 Visiting Visa..is It Advisable / How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 8:26am On Oct 23, 2012
Suave64: Would like to know if the 5yr ban is still in effect for those who voluntary left, but had their tickets bought for them and how will they know when their ban will be over. Would one be given any trouble if they try to enter the united Kingdom again?

You start counting the 5yrs from the yr you returned home, if your ticket were bought by the Govt then that will be an issue hence the 5yrs ban.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by mmpc: 7:25pm On Nov 18, 2012
Hi, I overstayed in the uk for almost 4 years.. I'm planning to go home in my own expense. My question is i have loads of gadgets iPhone, iPad, Nokia phone and a laptop.. Would it be a problem upon entering the security control. I'm worried they will confiscate it knowing that i am an over stayer. What is the best thing to do? Any idea or help is highly appreciated. Thank you very much.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 10:51am On Nov 19, 2012
mmpc: Hi, I overstayed in the uk for almost 4 years.. I'm planning to go home in my own expense. My question is i have loads of gadgets iPhone, iPad, Nokia phone and a laptop.. Would it be a problem upon entering the security control. I'm worried they will confiscate it knowing that i am an over stayer. What is the best thing to do? Any idea or help is highly appreciated. Thank you very much.

They will not confiscate any of your item just because you overstayed, you leaving on your own without them paying for your ticket is even good thing for them.

1 Like

Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by mmpc: 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2012
thank you justwise, you always answer my question.. god bless you always!!!

They will not confiscate any of your item just because you overstayed, you leaving on your own without them paying for your ticket is even good thing for them.[/quote]
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by mmpc: 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2012
hi again justwise just want to ask where will i put my gadgets, hand carry or hold luggage? i also have a christmas balls with me is it a good idea to just bring it with me and hold it cause im sure it will be smash in my hold luggage, im planning to put it in a paper bag...

They will not confiscate any of your item just because you overstayed, you leaving on your own without them paying for your ticket is even good thing for them.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2012
mmpc: hi again justwise just want to ask where will i put my gadgets, hand carry or hold luggage? i also have a christmas balls with me is it a good idea to just bring it with me and hold it cause im sure it will be smash in my hold luggage, im planning to put it in a paper bag...

Put your gadgets in your hand luggage and hold the receipts (very important)it may get nicked in Nigeria airport if you put it in your check-in luggage.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by mmpc: 9:27pm On Nov 19, 2012
hi, just want to ask: i booked a flight and called directly cathay pacific.. i used my debit card upon booking, is it true that they will still check the debit card? what for? i already paid for it.. i was just wondering why! what if they will say the payment didn't appear here. You know what i did, i prepared a statement from the bank where the payment has been deducted there. I just want to be sure, because i read some instances that even they paid the ticket already they encountered problems in the airline. They paid cash on the spot. So horrible!!! I'm just wondering as well, my itinerary has 9 pages, is it most likely like this? need an idea please... thanks!!!
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 11:26pm On Nov 19, 2012
mmpc: hi, just want to ask: i booked a flight and called directly cathay pacific.. i used my debit card upon booking, is it true that they will still check the debit card? what for? i already paid for it.. i was just wondering why! what if they will say the payment didn't appear here. You know what i did, i prepared a statement from the bank where the payment has been deducted there. I just want to be sure, because i read some instances that even they paid the ticket already they encountered problems in the airline. They paid cash on the spot. So horrible!!! I'm just wondering as well, my itinerary has 9 pages, is it most likely like this? need an idea please... thanks!!!

You paid for the flight with your debit card?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by noshee123: 1:35pm On Jan 10, 2013
Hello,

I would like some information. I currently live in UK and my bf is in Pakistan. Last year he submitted a student visa for UK however the embassy rejected him and mentioned that he had submitted one wrong document. They have also given him a ban for 10 years. He requested them to review his application and clear the error but they did not accept it.

Now I just want to know that if we get married soon is it possible that he can again apply for UK and get the visa? Thanking you in advance
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 1:40pm On Jan 10, 2013
noshee123: Hello,

I would like some information. I currently live in UK and my bf is in Pakistan. Last year he submitted a student visa for UK however the embassy rejected him and mentioned that he had submitted one wrong document. They have also given him a ban for 10 years. He requested them to review his application and clear the error but they did not accept it.

Now I just want to know that if we get married soon [b]is it possible that he can again apply for UK and get the visa? [/b]Thanking you in advance

That is possible, if you met all the requirements and he did not withhold any info about his previous immigration records.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by noshee123: 2:22pm On Jan 10, 2013
Thanks for your quick response. Yes that is good to hear. What are the visa requirements? and visa procedures? Also how many ilets bans are required? Thanks in advance smiley
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 3:04pm On Jan 10, 2013
noshee123: Thanks for your quick response. Yes that is good to hear. What are the visa requirements? and visa procedures? Also how many ilets bans are required? Thanks in advance smiley

To apply for spouse visa you need to show that you are earning at least £18,000 a year to be able to bring your spouse to the UK.

He will not be able to get any other type of visa apart from spouse because of the 10yrs ban.

This link will help you http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by noshee123: 5:58pm On Jan 10, 2013
Oh my god this is not good for me as I have just completed my studies and am currently searching for a job sad I don't think I will be able to get a job of £18,000 probably get less if I do get a job. My dad and brother are both earning so if my dad and brother was to support me and send a letter to validate this will it be possible then? I hope you understand my situation. Thanks in advance
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 7:19pm On Jan 10, 2013
noshee123: Oh my god this is not good for me as I have just completed my studies and am currently searching for a job sad I don't think I will be able to get a job of £18,000 probably get less if I do get a job. My dad and brother are both earning so [b]if my dad and brother was to support me and send a letter to validate this will it be possible then? [/b]I hope you understand my situation. Thanks in advance

No, sadly family support does not count in this one, you must be able to prove that you work and earn that much in a year to be able to bring your partner.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by noshee123: 5:42pm On Jan 12, 2013
Many thanks for your kind information. Today I get a job however this is work from home but I don't know if this is acceptable for working as I don't know if the embassy will accept this or not? Thanking you in advance
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 6:29pm On Jan 12, 2013
noshee123: Many thanks for your kind information. Today I get a job however this is work from home but I don't know if this is acceptable for working as I don't know if the embassy will accept this or not? Thanking you in advance

Work is work, make sure they pay you through your bank account for record purposes.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by samiya21: 8:57pm On Jan 15, 2013
my visa was refused on 11.01.2013.but tod yI received my passport. How I can make an appeal of my visa. refusal .n in my Refusal application its written under 320 (7a),320 (7b),321 In that its also written that I hv mentioned wrong answer. The question is that have ever your visa refused for any country . My agent marked NO .but I have got refused visa of DENMARK ON 29.08.2011. But my agent marked it worng and BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION. Banned me for 10 years.. Once my online video interview was taken rby University of Sunderland in that I have clearly mentioned that my visa was refused by Denmark. My agent fill up the form for me.. Now Sir please do help me out how can I solve my problem.. I have got one paper with my passport Review of Application ..what I have to do.. Plx help me out ,my future, carrier and dreamd all are shattering. Please its very kind of you please do help me out... Now what I do Thank you India
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by worry359(m): 10:01am On Jan 16, 2013
samiya21: my visa was refused on 11.01.2013.but tod yI received my passport. How I can make an appeal of my visa. refusal .n in my Refusal application its written under 320 (7a),320 (7b),321 In that its also written that I hv mentioned wrong answer. The question is that have ever your visa refused for any country . My agent marked NO .but I have got refused visa of DENMARK ON 29.08.2011. But my agent marked it worng and BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION. Banned me for 10 years.. Once my online video interview was taken rby University of Sunderland in that I have clearly mentioned that my visa was refused by Denmark. My agent fill up the form for me.. Now Sir please do help me out how can I solve my problem.. I have got one paper with my passport Review of Application ..what I have to do.. Plx help me out ,my future, carrier and dreamd all are shattering. Please its very kind of you please do help me out... Now what I do Thank you India

You are held responsible for whatever is written on your application documents.
If you claim agent did fraud / mistake it is still you that is responsible and banned for ten years.

UKBA will not accept that agent acted without your consent so no point in appeal or review.

With refusal from Denmark and BANN from UK you now have very poor chance of entry into any country.

You should now plan a life at home.

1 Like

Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by samiya21: 9:41pm On Jan 16, 2013
But I dnt hv any know ledge abut dis things . N dis thing chsnged my whole life.. My bf live in uk ... I nw I cnt get married to him ... My life is finished... If I vl apply 4canada may il get visa.. N I vl get visa after 10 years..... cry cry my life is finished if I vl appeal n my sgent can give me in written its her mistake then if it possible
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by krebbs: 4:41pm On Jan 17, 2013
Hello @just wise et.al,

What are the chances of someone with a 10 year ban,married to a another person in the UK on a student(tier-4), work permit or permanent residence visa.......Is the ban 'cancellable, under any these visa categories?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 5:57pm On Jan 17, 2013
krebbs: Hello @just wise et.al,

What are the chances of someone with a 10 year ban,married to a another person in the UK on a student(tier-4), work permit or permanent residence visa.......Is the ban 'cancellable, under any these visa categories?

If you are married to a British citizen or somebody with permanent resident paper and you applied for spouse visa you stand a chance(if you met all requirements).

Student visa and work permit holder doesn't count.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by samiya21: 7:25pm On Jan 17, 2013
Do I hv a chance if I get marry to a british citizen ... Den do I have chance n if I got visa of Canada ... Plz help me out ... After 2yrs I gt marry him.den I can apply4. Spouse visa .. Wt r da chances of getting visa den
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by kclub83(m): 6:28pm On Jan 18, 2013
pls if someone is ban to enter uk for d next 10yrs,will such person be able to apply after 10yrs to d uk?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 6:32pm On Jan 18, 2013
kclub83: pls if someone is ban to enter uk for d next 10yrs,will such person be able to apply after 10yrs to d uk?

Yes.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 20, 2013
[/b]HELLO FELLAS I GOT A GIRL FRIEND WE BEEN DATING FOR TWO YEARS NOW AND AM IN ANOTHER COUNTRY SHE COMES DURING SUMMER PERIOD TO VISIT ME..THE QUESTION HERE IS THAT SHE TOLD ME THAT THE IMMIGRATION POLICIES HAS CHANGED, WE ABOUT TO GET MARRIED PLEASE WHATS THE CHANCES OF ME GETTING MY PAPERS AFTER GETTING MARRIED TO HER AND BESIDE SHE IS FROM SCOTLAND AND ALSO A STUDENT..ASSISTANCE NEEDED ASAP [b]
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by negrakitty: 9:00pm On Mar 27, 2013
My boyfriend has overstayed in the UK by a few years. He was once caught as he used a fake ID to travel back to Naija, detained and then sent back. He managed to make his way back in. Am seriously worried after looking at the UKBA spousal visa application site that his overstay and prior deportation means he's ineligible. Also looking through this thread worried as he has made two prior applications for stay - which we're yet to hear anything on. As we're in love and getting impatient at him not being able to legally work or travel want to get married. I meet the other requirements in terms of being a Brit citizen, earn above the threshold etc. This issue of his prior deportation/applications - under different names - is something which I would poss seek to not disclose in our application but it seems that they now do biometric visas for spouses who are granted stays. Worried that this is where he could be caught out as when your deported they usually take your fingerprints and picture. His one saving grace is that he went voluntarily and paid for his ticket home. Any guidance on what where we could stand in regards to this would be much appreciated. Is the biometric issue as big a deal as I think it could be? Would think they have a database that they double-check peoples data against? If it is an issue does anyone know if our application could still be successful? If it could still be successful should he be totally honest with every single application he's done in the past? Or will they find him out? Sorry for all the qs but something thought might not be too complicated seems like it could be and getting seriously freaked out! undecided
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 9:11pm On Mar 27, 2013
negrakitty: My boyfriend has overstayed in the UK by a few years. He was once caught as he used a fake ID to travel back to Naija, detained and then sent back. He managed to make his way back in. Am seriously worried after looking at the UKBA spousal visa application site that his overstay and prior deportation means he's ineligible. Also looking through this thread worried as he has made two prior applications for stay - which we're yet to hear anything on. As we're in love and getting impatient at him not being able to legally work or travel want to get married. I meet the other requirements in terms of being a Brit citizen, earn above the threshold etc. This issue of his prior deportation/applications - under different names - is something which I would poss seek to not disclose in our application but it seems that they now do biometric visas for spouses who are granted stays. Worried that this is where he could be caught out as when your deported they usually take your fingerprints and picture. His one saving grace is that he went voluntarily and paid for his ticket home. Any guidance on what where we could stand in regards to this would be much appreciated. Is the biometric issue as big a deal as I think it could be? Would think they have a database that they double-check peoples data against? If it is an issue does anyone know if our application could still be successful? If it could still be successful should he be totally honest with every single application he's done in the past? Or will they find him out? Sorry for all the qs but something thought might not be too complicated seems like it could be and getting seriously freaked out! undecided
Has his fingerprint ever been taken by immigration or the police before? Did he disclose his previous immigration offenses in the application form?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by negrakitty: 10:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
justwise: Has his fingerprint ever been taken by immigration or the police before? Did he disclose his previous immigration offenses in the application form?

He says that when he was detained they took his fingerprints. Which stopped him from picking up a work visa he'd gotten in Nigeria the whole reason why he went in the first place on fake ID ffs!!...so worried same issue might crop up again. We have not yet gotten married so not yet applied for the spousal visa so not mentioned prior applications. In his other two applications he certainly did not mention them.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 11:15pm On Mar 27, 2013
negrakitty:

He says that when he was detained they took his fingerprints. Which stopped him from picking up a work visa he'd gotten in Nigeria the whole reason why he went in the first place on fake ID ffs!!...so worried same issue might crop up again. We have not yet gotten married so not yet applied for the spousal visa so not mentioned prior applications. In his other two applications he certainly did not mention them.
Its not looking good for him, his previous immigration profile will always crop up anytime he applies for any sort of visa, he can't hide that. If you finally got married and want to apply for spouse visa he will be better off doing that from Nigeria and be completely honest with his past immigration offences, there is no point hiding it when the embassy can easily find out anyway. Applying for any sort of visa from the UK doesn't make any sense considering his status and past record, the UKBA will frustrate him with refusals and decision delay. The only slim hope he has is through spouse visa but he has to come out clean.
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by negrakitty: 1:03am On Mar 28, 2013
justwise: Its not looking good for him, his previous immigration profile will always crop up anytime he applies for any sort of visa, he can't hide that. If you finally got married and want to apply for spouse visa he will be better off doing that from Nigeria and be completely honest with his past immigration offences, there is no point hiding it when the embassy can easily find out anyway. Applying for any sort of visa from the UK doesn't make any sense considering his status and past record, the UKBA will frustrate him with refusals and decision delay. The only slim hope he has is through spouse visa but he has to come out clean.
Thanks for your responses - have to say I agree about coming clean - particularly on the time when he was detained and deported. Can I check tho re: your advice he apply from Nigeria - why would that be better than from here? Because they'll know he sneaked back in? Also why isn't our case stronger through applying here - where we can better demonstrate we've built a life together in the UK?
Re: 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. by justwise(m): 10:40am On Mar 28, 2013
negrakitty:
Thanks for your responses - have to say I agree about coming clean - particularly on the time when he was detained and deported. Can I check tho re: your advice he apply from Nigeria - why would that be better than from here? Because they'll know he sneaked back in? Also why isn't our case stronger through applying here - where we can better demonstrate we've built a life together in the UK?
He does not have a strong case applying from the UK as he is living illegally to start with, yes you can get married to him as that is your human right as British citizen but the marriage certificate will not get him a stay because of his status before the marriage. Not that applying from Nigeria will be a walk in the park..no, his previous offences will still show up but at the end spouse visa over-rides previous offences if no vital info is withheld by the applicant.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Man In Canada Shows His COVID19 Lockdown Palliative / Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information / 10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.