Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ - Entertainment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ (13168 Views)

Avengers Vs Justice League ~ Debate Thread ~ / Nerd's Paradise **Debate Thread Chat Room** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by bolakale30(m): 9:32pm On Jan 20, 2013
judges, what's happening nau... Haba !!!
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by ikekings(m): 9:36pm On Jan 20, 2013
Dumbledore is a mere human... Gandalf is an immortal spirit in a human flesh...
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by Redmosquito(m): 9:37pm On Jan 20, 2013
However, as Dumbledore was educating young wizards and witches, Gellert Grindelwald was still at large in Europe, building up an army, and had already found one of the Deathly Hallows, the Elder Wand, which he used to terrorise the continent. Dumbledore was afraid to face Grindelwald, not because he thought he couldn't defeat him, but because he was afraid that Grindelwald could reveal to him who had truly killed Ariana.
From Harry WikiA
Here is your Dumbledore! Afraid of battle because of his emotions! he is held back by frivolities! undecided

When the Valar decided to send the order of the Wizards to Middle-earth in order to counsel and assist all those who opposed Sauron, Olórin was proposed by Manwë. Olórin feared Sauron and lacked the strength to face him but he still took up the deed
From TLOTR Wiki

Gandalf too has his fears but he knows better than to let his emotions lead him. He would rather go out there and fight.

Dumbledore will hear of Gandalf's summoning skills and be afraid his sister's true killer will be revealed. He might even be hindered by this fear in the midst of the battle. But Gandalf disposes of his fears and faces battle in the face irrespective of whether he is strong enough or not. Fear is a great weapon, Dumbledore is strung up by it
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by Redmosquito(m): 9:43pm On Jan 20, 2013
bolakale30: dumbledore wasn't killed by the ring, it was only presumed that it will kill him within a year (and in the magical world, such presumptions are often than not wrong, the Avada Kedavra curse was meant to kil any1, Potter survived it), his death was purely euthanasia, cooly done by Severus Snape; his ally.... Get ur fact right boss !
Hmmm...
forgetting that the ring had been cursed on by Voldemort. The curse quickly spread, and were it not for his own prodigious talents, he would have died within moments.
From harry wiki
Give us facts jare!
If severus hadnt killed him, someone else would have! Voldemoth would most likely take advantage of the situation He would stand no chance with one of his hands already rottening away
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by bolakale30(m): 9:44pm On Jan 20, 2013
Redmosquito:
From Harry WikiA
Here is your Dumbledore! Afraid of battle because of his emotions! he is held back by frivolities! undecided

From TLOTR Wiki

Gandalf too has his fears but he knows better than to let his emotions lead him. He would rather go out there and fight.

Dumbledore will hear of Gandalf's summoning skills and be afraid his sister's true killer will be revealed. He might even be hindered by this fear in the midst of the battle. But Gandalf disposes of his fears and faces battle in the face irrespective of whether he is strong enough or not. Fear is a great weapon, Dumbledore is strung up by it
He overcame his fears and eventually dueled him... So what's ur point ? Gandalf was equally scared of Balrog ! Whom he fought 4 days... Oh gosh ! It's nt a quidditch match 4 christ's sake, why will a supposed powerful god cum wizard take that long to finish... By the way, I was told he died... Oooops !!!! god my foot !
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 20, 2013
But why dont u tell us who actually defeat grindalwarld,wasn't it dumbledore. @bola am wit u no ds 1,and thanks 4 telling him wat really killed dumbledore,not some dumb ring.
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by Redmosquito(m): 9:51pm On Jan 20, 2013
bolakale30: dumbledore wasn't killed by the ring, it was only presumed that it will kill him within a year (and in the magical world, such presumptions are often than not wrong, the Avada Kedavra curse was meant to kil any1, Potter survived it), his death was purely euthanasia, cooly done by Severus Snape; his ally.... Get ur fact right boss !

Malfoy disarmed Dumbledore, and admitted that he, Draco, was behind the series of attacks on Hogwarts students, and that Voldemort had ordered him to kill Dumbledore
From Harry Wiki

Note! The quoted was after he wore the ring!
Dumbledore wore the ring! It weakened him gravely! He was disarmed! He begged someone else to kill him quickly in order for his wand not to fall in the wrong hands!
Look at the cause of it all. It was all the ring! if not for that outburst of foolish thought, he wont have been diarmed, he would be strong enough to defend himself.
THE RING KILLED HIM! ~Not directly! But it was the cause of his death!
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by ijebabe: 9:55pm On Jan 20, 2013
grin

Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by bolakale30(m): 10:00pm On Jan 20, 2013
Redmosquito:
Hmmm...
From harry wiki
Give us facts jare!
If severus hadnt killed him, someone else would have! Voldemoth would most likely take advantage of the situation He would stand no chance with one of his hands already rottening away
For my facts, I don't do copy and paste 4rm the internet... I read the books... Voldemoth had his chance when they both dueled @the ministry of magic in HP 5-harry potter and the order of phoenix.... He ran away, he couldn't do as much as take a lock of Albus's hair ! The movement of his wand in that duel oozed pure class, not some ruddy wizard c.um god whose best act of magic was a firework to amuse some ruddy hobbits !
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 20, 2013
Wen will u learn thats his death was planned by him and snape,so dt voldermort can trust snape more. Xowie o ike
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by bolakale30(m): 10:04pm On Jan 20, 2013
Redmosquito:

From Harry Wiki

Note! The quoted was after he wore the ring!
Dumbledore wore the ring! It weakened him gravely! He was disarmed! He begged someone else to kill him quickly in order for his wand not to fall in the wrong hands!
Look at the cause of it all. It was all the ring! if not for that outburst of foolish thought, he wont have been diarmed, he would be strong enough to defend himself.
THE RING KILLED HIM! ~Not directly! But it was the cause of his death!
Ooooops!!!! U saw only the movie (at best !) Dumbledore knew Malfoy was behind all the attacks, he only wanted snape to do the job so as not to corrupt the soul of a poor boy like Draco.... Better plssss
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by ikekings(m): 10:10pm On Jan 20, 2013
Damex333: Wen will u learn thats his death was planned by him and snape,so dt voldermort can trust snape more. Xowie o ike
You are right... Snape later revealed it to harry potter... When he was about to die...
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by ijebabe: 10:12pm On Jan 20, 2013
Erm, are you guys done
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by movmentish(m): 10:15pm On Jan 20, 2013
ijebabe: Erm, are you guys done
Oh no let em continue,I'm feeling the war........mossy and u let our team down yesterday sad

Bolakale give em hell
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by Redmosquito(m): 10:15pm On Jan 20, 2013
ijebabe: Erm, are you guys done
Bola opened this debate! Let me post one more argument and close it. That way we equal. U concur?
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by ijebabe: 10:15pm On Jan 20, 2013
Only if Bola has nothing to add to it
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by Redmosquito(m): 10:16pm On Jan 20, 2013
movmentish:
Oh no let em continue,I'm feeling the war........mossy and u let our team down yesterday sad
Bolakale give em hell
I don explain na! See as I dey fight this war! I would have fought yesternight's own with ten times more vigor! I know a damn lot about comics!
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by Mynd44: 10:18pm On Jan 20, 2013
You guys hurry na
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by Redmosquito(m): 10:20pm On Jan 20, 2013
Mynd_44: You guys hurry na
I dey wait make bola say him last words! make me sef follow!
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by ikekings(m): 10:20pm On Jan 20, 2013
Red mosquito if you fall gandalf hand eh... Na sango go punish you...
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by bolakale30(m): 10:21pm On Jan 20, 2013
Redmosquito:
Bola opened this debate! Let me post one more argument and close it. That way we equal. U concur?
I concur !
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by Redmosquito(m): 10:24pm On Jan 20, 2013
ikekings: Red mosquito if you fall gandalf hand eh... Na sango go punish you...
Iseeee!!! grin grin
Wait! WHAT did u say? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by bolakale30(m): 10:31pm On Jan 20, 2013
Gandalf Staff was broken ! Dumbledore would have done that with a simple "reducto" hex... And what happens to poor Gandalf !!!
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by Redmosquito(m): 10:33pm On Jan 20, 2013
bolakale30: Gandalf Staff was broken ! Dumbledore would have done that with a simple "reducto" hex... And what happens to poor Gandalf !!!
Is this ur finale?
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by ijebabe: 10:34pm On Jan 20, 2013
Ok, you both need to write a closing statement.

Please keep it clear and on point. The judges will take ur closing statement into account when giving their scores!!

Thank you.
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 20, 2013
Interesting. . . smiley
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 20, 2013
Waitin..
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by ikekings(m): 10:49pm On Jan 20, 2013
Redmosquito:
Iseeee!!! grin grin
Wait! WHAT did u say? shocked shocked shocked
Abi you no dey understand pidgin again ni?
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by bolakale30(m): 10:49pm On Jan 20, 2013
Gandalf the great insulted the position of gods which entails immortality, by dying... For all his "supposed powers, he could have walked up to Sauron and blast him out... In Dumbledore's realm, none of his contemporaries was on the same wave-length with him.... The death eaters "did a bunk" when they heard that he was around at the ministry's fiasco (Hp 5- harry potter and the order of phoenix), death is inevitable to all mortals; he didn't run away 4rm his death, instead he planned it to aid the greater good, even in his death, it was his machinations that brought the end to the reign of Voldemoth... In his words "a true master of death is one who sees death and embraces it" HP 7- harry potter and the deathly hallows
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by Redmosquito(m): 11:04pm On Jan 20, 2013
Dumbledore
Great magician. More of someone who has power, but has been overhyped by the wizard society.
He created a charm to protect the philospsher's stone, yet Voldemort would have broken through if not for Harry and his gang

Dumbledore suspected that the Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor Quirinus Quirrell was behind the plot to steal the Philosopher's Stone, while working for the weakened Lord Voldemort, and as such he asked Snape to keep an eye on him.[10]

In the end it was Harry who protected the Philosopher's Stone from Quirrell and Voldemo

After all this

After that, the Stone was placed in a special chamber and guarded by seven enchantments and creatures, provided by the professors at Hogwarts: Professor Sprout's web of Devil's Snare; flying keys, charmed by Filius Flitwick; a life-size board of Wizard's Chess, transfigured by Professor McGonagall; Professor Quirrell's mountain troll; Snape's potion riddle; and the Mirror of Erised, placed there by Albus Dumbledore. Hagrid's massive three-headed dog, Fluffy, guarded the trap door through which the chamber lay.
Source Harry Wiki
[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3p0s9wvqEsC3hw4gyYUieXKwN9qMT82h-qxGz8PAoRZxZyOPYDUdUCSxb[/img]

Gandalf
Like cobra, quiet but deadly. THe few who know of the gravity of his abilities, fear him.
[img]http://lanternhollow.files./2011/01/gandalf_vs_balrog.jpg[/img]
He seemed the oldest and least in stature of them, but Círdan the Shipwright felt that he had the highest inner greatness on their first meeting in the Havens, and gave him Narya, the Ring of Fire.
From TLOTR Wiki
Gandalf even had one of the rings! More powers of sauron to add to his own! He had immense inner greatness that few saw.
The Wizards were commanded to aid Men, Elves, and Dwarves, but only through counsel; it was forbidden to use force to dominate them—an injunction Saruman disregarded.
From TLOTR Wiki

Saruman let out his power and we all saw how powerful he was. What will now happen if Gandalf chooses to do the same? Saruman buried a whole mountain under snow! undecided
Gandalf will uproot it and beat Dumbledore with it! undecided
Gandalf knew of SAurons powers yet he went forward to investigate him n the times before the war. Dumbleodre knew of grindelwad armies and he yet hesitated at first.
Bravery is a great form of power, We all know that. Cowards will be weakened by fear in battle. You do not need to wait for your enemy to grow before you stomp hm out. Dumbledore will wait, but Gandalf never does!

Dumbledore is a powerful babalawo. Gandalf is a god in the midst of men.
Its that simple! Even the makers of the characters say so.

I know the judges will be keen enough to notice the murderous nature of my arguments. No more words to compound my case.
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 20, 2013
^^^ On Point!!!
Re: Dumbledore Vs Gandalf ~ Debate Thread ~ by Redmosquito(m): 11:10pm On Jan 20, 2013
Judinho59: ^^^ On Point!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

A Childhood Photo Of May D / 5 Nigerians You Never Knew Won Grammy Awards [+pictures] / Photo Of The Day (SEE FOUR WIVES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.