Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Proud Ibadan (pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proud Ibadan (pictures) (27723 Views)

PDP Rally In Ibadan (pictures) / Iyetade Soyinka's Funeral Service In Ibadan (Pictures) / Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 20, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
I think its the 11th pic just above the one that shows houses with brown zinc roofs

Oh I see it lol.

Sometimes I don't use the zebra crossing too jare.

Just because he didn't use it doesn't mean he doesn't know what it's used for nau.
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by OmoTier1(m): 10:08pm On Jan 20, 2013
Ileke-IdI:

Neither.
dont tell me its the governors office! Anyway the house is somewhat helpless with it looks
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2013
Paul John: Nice collections, most of the pix are from the premier uni though. cool

@OP you're from Ibadan? smiley

You are correct
He had a lot from UI and that does not represent Ibadan really
I have been to Ibadan
These are pictures of Ibadan on google pictures

1 Like

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 20, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
dont tell me its the governors office! Anyway the house is somewhat helpless with it looks
It's not the Governor's office.
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 20, 2013
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 20, 2013
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 20, 2013

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 20, 2013

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 20, 2013

In process

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 20, 2013

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 20, 2013

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 20, 2013
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by PaulJohn1: 10:49pm On Jan 20, 2013
babyosisi:

You are correct
He had a lot from UI and that does not represent Ibadan really
I have been to Ibadan
These are pictures of Ibadan on google pictures

The pix you posted are from areas that represents one-tenth(1/10) of Ibadan.
They are the oldest part of the city, which is expected of most African cities as old as Ibadan
You passing through one side of Ibadan as a traveler is not the same as you been to(knowing) Ibadan.
If truly you know the city well you'll understand this.

I'm sure you passed through gbagi down to iwo road off to Lagos, from wherever you've coming from. All these are the ugly part of the city

Take your time and drive through the city(not as a traveler), visit the city center(I.e. Mokola, Bodija, ashi, oluyole, iyana church...)
This should change your view about Ibadan.

@Ileke, nice one

3 Likes

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by PaulJohn1: 10:50pm On Jan 20, 2013
Deleted
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:28am On Jan 21, 2013
Pics of Ibadan taken in 1964:

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:29am On Jan 21, 2013
pic:

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by PaulJohn1: 2:19am On Jan 21, 2013
@ proud igbo nice one.

The old pix is not bad though, way back 1964...
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by bokohalal(m): 4:39am On Jan 21, 2013
I actually like Ibadan.It is one of the Nigerian cities I would not mind living in for the rest of my life.I found the city very cosmopolitan, accomodating and inexpensive.All the negativity about Ibadan seem like joke to me.

4 Likes

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 5:19am On Jan 21, 2013
Thank you o Paul John for detailed explanation for the JJcees... Nice pics @Ileke ... Ibadan forever! grin
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by ba7man(m): 6:38am On Jan 21, 2013
bokohalal: I actually like Ibadan.It is one of the Nigerian cities I would not mind living in for the rest of my life.I found the city very cosmopolitan, accomodating and inexpensive.All the negativity about Ibadan seem like joke to me.
You're so right bout it being inexpensive to live in. You need to see Some large,lovely buildings in nice neighbourhoods for rent at ridiculously low prices. I guess the conservative nature of the people there won't make them over-charge you on the rents.
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by lagcity(m): 7:47am On Jan 21, 2013
wow. these pictures are so crisp. I cant believe red tin roofs can look this good. Ibadan is a unique city.
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by kingingkinging: 12:26pm On Jan 21, 2013
bokohalal: I actually like Ibadan.It is one of the Nigerian cities I would not mind living in for the rest of my life.I found the city very cosmopolitan, accomodating and inexpensive.All the negativity about Ibadan seem like joke to me.

YES O. I WILL LIKE TO EXPERIENCE THE PLACE AGAIN. SUCH A NICE CITY TO LIVE.
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Larrydee(m): 12:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
I know Bello Hall, Queens Hall, Trenchard Hall and NFLT anytime!!!

1 Like

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Ejine(m): 12:30pm On Jan 21, 2013
gidiMonsta: @oP the first pic is from Ogbomosho not Ibadan. 90% of the remaining pics are of the university of Ibadan and LAUTECH, Ogbomosho.

Ibadan is a city that needs massive urban renewal which I'm afraid only a military regime due to the ultra-conservative nature of the populace.

What a depressing post undecided
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Jbenue: 12:32pm On Jan 21, 2013
My Village in Benue is better!!!!!

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Jbenue: 12:33pm On Jan 21, 2013
This is our local stream!

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by kingingkinging: 12:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
Okija_juju: LIESSS!!!!

This is the real Ibadan...

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/702653_nigeria-Ibadan_jpgbbbef924e845f397a8cdf1054fa41df0[/img]

[img]http://planetejeanjaures.free.fr/geo/afrique/images/ibadan.jpg[/img]

OP Stop spreading lies about Ibadan... angry

it is you that is lying. If this is the real Ibadan, then the question is Where is Govt House, UI, UCH, Jericho, COCO House, Broken House aka Femi Johnson, Where is Oluyole Estate, Liberty stadium, Adamasigba stadium, Olubadan stadium, Ibadan tennis club, Alalubosa, Idi ape, Iwo road, Ring road, Sango, Ibadan poly, Eleyele, School of Hygiene, School of Nursing, Molete, Bodija Estate, IITA, IAR&T? etc

Apparently, you dont know Ibadan. The picture you took must be Bere, Oje, which is the village part of Ibadan, and as you can see, the village part has a tared road-lol.

Ibadan is one of the best places in Nigeria- with 3 big stadia, over 3million residents, 11 local government, first University, First teaching hospital-UCH, more than 4 industrial estates, etc.

I miss IB city.

14 Likes

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by alingo4life: 12:37pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ahaaaaaaaa,Na wahooooo..No picture of The Polytechnic Ibadan for there ohhh..Mogbe,Means those of us that attended Polytechnics are Doomed or what?Na only U.I pictures dey there..Now am crying seriously.Need to go take Jamb after 10years of leaving the Secondary School..
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by sbchamp(m): 12:43pm On Jan 21, 2013
ALL STATES ARE NOW WAKING UP TO BEAUTIFICATION. AWARENESS !!!! (BRF CONCEPTS) PUT THEM ON THEIR TOES.
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 21, 2013
Mokola

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by sbchamp(m): 12:48pm On Jan 21, 2013
ALL STATES ARE WAKING UP TO BEAUTIFICATION, AWARENESS !!! (BRF CONCEPTS) PUT THEM ON THEIR TOES.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nkanu Youths Threaten Showdown With PDP Over Patience Jonathan's Interference. / Jonathan's Camp Allegedly Splits Over Anti-Buhari Lawsuits / Group‬ Tells Buhari To Call Ekiti APC Members To Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.