Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Proud Ibadan (pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proud Ibadan (pictures) (27722 Views)

PDP Rally In Ibadan (pictures) / Iyetade Soyinka's Funeral Service In Ibadan (Pictures) / Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by IYANGBALI: 12:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
These pics remind me on America,they are just like places like chicago,los angels,washing this thing and new york
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by CyberG: 12:52pm On Jan 21, 2013
gidiMonsta: @oP the first pic is from Ogbomosho not Ibadan. 90% of the remaining pics are of the university of Ibadan and LAUTECH, Ogbomosho.

Ibadan is a city that needs massive urban renewal which I'm afraid only a military regime due to the ultra-conservative nature of the populace.

I stayed in Ibadan for sometime during my recent visit to Naija and there's already a very impressive infrastructure renewal going on and in place. Stop making ignorant comments if you havent't been there in recent times. All you see is UCH, UI and Lautech? The poster cannot post all pictures of ongoing works in Ibadan as that city is most like larger than your state or a few states in Nigeria. Urban renewal: have you been to Gate, Mokola, Akobo, the underbridge roundabout, the express area close to Iwo Road, ongoing works in Jericho road? It's a long ways to go for any government but there is surely a lot of work going on!

5 Likes

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by jambogini: 12:53pm On Jan 21, 2013
RUbbish pictures, hope some of you guys will come to one of the cities in china, you can drive from lagos to onitsha and all is developed, everywhere looks the same, no bush or forest...
Nothing good is in nigeria at all, even abuja is nonsense
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by 52Naira(m): 12:55pm On Jan 21, 2013
I'm happy with what I saw......
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by tchaik(m): 12:55pm On Jan 21, 2013
Bello Hall is fine shaa!!

Any Kutite in da house?

tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by dunsin(m): 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2013
the moment i saw that picture i recognized the building in Ogbomoso.
gidiMonsta: @oP the first pic is from Ogbomosho not Ibadan. 90% of the remaining pics are of the university of Ibadan and LAUTECH, Ogbomosho.

Ibadan is a city that needs massive urban renewal which I'm afraid only a military regime due to the ultra-conservative nature of the populace.
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by OnlyRebel: 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2013
tchaik: Bello Hall is fine shaa!!

Any Kutite in da house?

tongue tongue tongue tongue
Great Kutites, our is Hall of Fame. Stayed in B-Block topmost floor as fresher. The block opposite the theater arts.
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by hollypagan: 1:05pm On Jan 21, 2013
na lie this no bi ibadan,
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by PaulJohn1: 1:10pm On Jan 21, 2013
holly-pagan:

You dey mind dem! Most of those pictures are stolen from Aba and Ebonyi
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 21, 2013
Paul John:

You dey mind dem! Most of those pictures are stolen from Aba and Ebonyi
Hahahaha cheesy cheesy
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by gracefams: 1:18pm On Jan 21, 2013
hEhehe dude u need 2 visit Ibadan am sure u will b amazed.Ibadan city is now wearing a new look
holly-pagan:
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by igbeke: 1:19pm On Jan 21, 2013
Paul John: ^^
Meaning?
can't u see 4 urself?
d place is beautiful and lovely 2 behold.
did someone just said 'tax payers money at work'?
dat's correct.
while some r busy reaping d dividend of gud governance, others r busy destroying theirs in d name of ......
fill in d gap.
OMO IBADAN KINI SHOW
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by OnlyRebel: 1:24pm On Jan 21, 2013
I'm afraid the pictures above do not capture some newly developed, beautiful towns in Ibadan. I mean community/neighbourhood in Ibadan is a town or city in some states in Nigeria. Where are the pictures of Oluyole, Jericho, Idi-shin, Ikolaba, Akobo, Bashorun, Ashi, Idi-Ayunre, Eleyele, Bodija, Dugbe, Oke-Ado, NNPC/Apata, Aleshinloye, Iyaganku, Mokola, Gate/Old-Ife Road, etc. These are communities or neighbourhoods you will never pass through when moving through Ibadan in your journey across the country. Most of these areas are like a big town or cities in some state of this country. For your education, NNPC/Apata is bigger than Obalende + VI + Ikoyi + Lekki.
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by dammytex: 1:28pm On Jan 21, 2013
The first picture is LAUTECH Senate Building.

Ibadan seem to be looking up a bit. The pics I see here make the city look neat as against my belief of Ibadan being unkempt.
And how is that overhead bridge at Mokola roundabout? Is it completed now?
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by tchaik(m): 1:39pm On Jan 21, 2013
Only-Rebel:

Great Kutites, our is Hall of Fame. Stayed in B-Block topmost floor as fresher. The block opposite the theater arts.

During my time in Kuti, na C Block be freshers hall!
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by chessguru1(m): 1:49pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ehh so ki ni big deal
www.fatsolution.net
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by OnlyRebel: 1:56pm On Jan 21, 2013
tchaik:

During my time in Kuti, na C Block be freshers hall!
In my time C-block was reserved for finalist. Stayed in A-block in year 2 and a box-room in c-block in 3. Then move to Bello with a cousin in 4 and back to A block in Kuti for final year. Soooo great a hall, indeed of Fame as is tagged.
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by jutino(f): 2:02pm On Jan 21, 2013
jambogini: RUbbish pictures, hope some of you guys will come to one of the cities in china, you can drive from lagos to onitsha and all is developed, everywhere looks the same, no bush or forest...
Nothing good is in nigeria at all, even abuja is nonsense
u even knw road to int airport nt to tlk of local airport self u dis village champion..I no blame u I blame etisalat wey dash u 5mb...
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by tchaik(m): 2:06pm On Jan 21, 2013
Only-Rebel:
In my time C-block was reserved for finalist. Stayed in A-block in year 2 and a box-room in c-block in 3. Then move to Bello with a cousin in 4 and back to A block in Kuti for final year. Soooo great a hall, indeed of Fame as is tagged.

grin grin grin grin
I know that corner!

RESPECT!!!!!!!
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 21, 2013
make i post the ghetto side of ib?

I AM COMING BACK IN THE NIGHT, I WILL POST PICTURES OF ABGOWO AND AKOBO
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 21, 2013
Please, name your images!

I like this photo. Where is the name of that place?

1 Like

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 21, 2013
The first picture is the senate building of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) Ogbomoso and not Ibadan.
Nice collections though.
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
all4naija: Please, name your images!

I like this photo. Where is the name of that place?
This have to be the IITA lake.
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 21, 2013
nigeria made zinc capital of nigeria!☺

1 Like

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by kingingkinging: 2:49pm On Jan 21, 2013
holly-pagan:

No be Ibadan, na ebonyi. Laugh.

The truth is some us just burst to laughter some times when some individuals make their ignorance public by saying unfounded things about Ibadan. Some of the facts you dont know is Oyo State alone, has a land mass of almost the whole/ all Eastern States-Abia, Ebonyi,Anambra, Imo and Enugu. So, if you just pass Ibadan and conclude you know Ibadan, I tell you, you have missed it. There are 1001 things about Ibadan that you dont know.

Very big, very nice to live in, very cosmopolitan, very hospitable, very commercial,etc
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by omodapson(m): 2:56pm On Jan 21, 2013
Most of the pictures on display here are relatively old (please correct me if I am wrong) and they don't fully capture the city. I live in Ibadan and I can confidently state that the city is changing for good. It is a beautiful place to live and I have been enjoying it here.

The ghettos are part of the heritage of the city and with a good plan, they can be modelled to places of interest.
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Bec(f): 3:20pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ibadan Mesiogo nile Oluyole nibi Ole gbenjare olohun

1 Like

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by chatterly: 3:43pm On Jan 21, 2013
I always laugh when ignorant pple start going on about Ibadan being a backward ,dirty place.
Truth is the people that say that have not taken the time to learn about the place before making comments,no doubt Ibadan has its dark sides(which city doesnt)but for me Ibadan is a place that works.I live and work in Lag but grew up in Ib and i have always known that Ib is the place where i will retire to God willing.I would rather live in Jericho,Iyaganku or Agodi GRA than live in Ikoyi at less than 20% of the cost(they are all colonial estates with similar plot sizes and layouts) .Fact is a lot of Yoruba and non yoruba successful men have their main homes in Ibadan and spend most of their weekends and retirement there.I would have mentioned names but this is a public forum and it is not right to do so.If we had developed properly as a nation,we would have seen more folks working in lagos and living in Ib.A fast train leaving dugbe rail station should arrive at iddo in less than an hour ,if Fashola completes his metro ,then Marina is just a few minutes away.Ibadan has always been a centre for the arts and i grew up attending plays @ the UI arts theatre featuring and directed by such great guys as Wole Soyinka,Wale Ogunyemi,Sam loco,Femi Johnson(even though he was a succesfull insurance magnate)and many others. While we pay millions for our childrens school fees in lag,well spaced out and equipped primary schools like all saints church school,Maryhill convent school,All souls primary school,UI staff School etal still produce well rounded kids @ a fraction of Lagos prices.I am not familiar with the east but i have passed through Enugu and it is also looks like a nice,sane place to live in and raise a family.i heard Kaduna and Jos also had the same charm.

5 Likes

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by GeJ79: 3:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
OUT DATED BUILDINGS
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by doppler777(m): 4:09pm On Jan 21, 2013
LOVELY "IBADAN OMO AJORO SUN"
"OMO A FI IGBIN FORI MU"
"OMO IBADAN KINI SHOW RE??"
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by doppler777(m): 4:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
[quote author=IYA NGBALI]These pics remind me on America,they are just like places like chicago,los angels,washing this thing and new york[/quote
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................thats cool.. grin
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Ikengawo: 4:30pm On Jan 21, 2013
IYA NGBALI: These pics remind me on America,they are just like places like chicago,los angels,washing this thing and new york
AHAAAAHAAAHAAA!!!!!aaaahhaaahh!!!!

"Washing This Thing"
funniest thing I've read on this site so far

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Group‬ Tells Buhari To Call Ekiti APC Members To Order / Oby Ezekwesili And Kwankwaso Celebrate USA Independence In Abuja / Foreign Boko Haram Terrorist Captured, 15 Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.