Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Proud Ibadan (pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Proud Ibadan (pictures) (27721 Views)

PDP Rally In Ibadan (pictures) / Iyetade Soyinka's Funeral Service In Ibadan (Pictures) / Unknown 'Drone' Crashes In Ibadan (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Ikengawo: 4:33pm On Jan 21, 2013
Can all of the standardized bastards claiming I didn't capture the 'new image' of the town post their pictures. Ibadan natives should be ashamed that a man that has never been the ibadan made this thread and have the humility to not come in here and tell me I did it wrong.

1 Like

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
''Omo lbadan kini so''.

The Least expensive and great place to live in. Eleven LGAs in one Great City. Now with the outward expansion going on, other LGAs will soon join the City.
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 21, 2013
How come all the residential buildings have dirty brown rusty roofs? Abi are they trying to preserve their ancient status? undecided
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by AREWA2266: 4:57pm On Jan 21, 2013
IBADAN OMO AJOROSUN,IBADAN TO GBA ONILE TO GBA ALEJO,IBITI OLE TIN JARE OLOHUN
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by icon8: 4:59pm On Jan 21, 2013
The very first picture (and the second) is that of the Senate Building of my alma mater: Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), situated in Ogbomosho, not Ibadan! Reminds me so much of the Kegites' Klub and the Shrine opposite the Students' Union Building.

That's not to take anything away from the post though...

@OP, Nice work. I'm a BIG FAN of Oluyole myself!!!
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ikengawo: Can all of the standardized bastards claiming I didn't capture the 'new image' of the town post their pictures. Ibadan natives should be ashamed that a man that has never been the ibadan made this thread and have the humility to not come in here and tell me I did it wrong.

1000 likes.

It's really a shame. Same things with ekitis, you can hardly find pictures online. Yet, they'd mouth off when someone insults their hometown. Bunch of lazy azz. Pisses me off, tbh.
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by nwapastor: 5:18pm On Jan 21, 2013
Can someone help me with pix of agbowo, ojoo, arulogun. I miss Ibadan esp those times I use to tell conductor in d bus water wao, bodija oja wao, ui wao, gbagi first gate wao. How can i forget niser, iita, ajike hostel n rccg chief corner stone parish @ water bus stop ui ojoo rd. Ibadan is a place to be.
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by frenchbase(m): 5:24pm On Jan 21, 2013
my beloved home.

1 Like

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by bokohalal(m): 6:14pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ikengawo: Can all of the standardized bastards claiming I didn't capture the 'new image' of the town post their pictures. Ibadan natives should be ashamed that a man that has never been the ibadan made this thread and have the humility to not come in here and tell me I did it wrong.

Why the insult?
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by ayantaiwo(m): 6:17pm On Jan 21, 2013
guy d first 2 pix is LAUTECH senate buildin in ogbomoso not in ibadan
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by braveheart2012(m): 6:47pm On Jan 21, 2013
chatterly: I always laugh when ignorant pple start going on about Ibadan being a backward ,dirty place.
Truth is the people that say that have not taken the time to learn about the place before making comments,no doubt Ibadan has its dark sides(which city doesnt)but for me Ibadan is a place that works.I live and work in Lag but grew up in Ib and i have always known that Ib is the place where i will retire to God willing.I would rather live in Jericho,Iyaganku or Agodi GRA than live in Ikoyi at less than 20% of the cost(they are all colonial estates with similar plot sizes and layouts) .Fact is a lot of Yoruba and non yoruba successful men have their main homes in Ibadan and spend most of their weekends and retirement there.I would have mentioned names but this is a public forum and it is not right to do so.If we had developed properly as a nation,we would have seen more folks working in lagos and living in Ib.A fast train leaving dugbe rail station should arrive at iddo in less than an hour ,if Fashola completes his metro ,then Marina is just a few minutes away.Ibadan has always been a centre for the arts and i grew up attending plays @ the UI arts theatre featuring and directed by such great guys as Wole Soyinka,Wale Ogunyemi,Sam loco,Femi Johnson(even though he was a succesfull insurance magnate)and many others. [b]While we pay millions for our childrens school fees in lag,well spaced out and equipped primary schools like all saints church school,Maryhill convent school,All souls primary school,UI staff School etal still produce well rounded kids @ a fraction of Lagos prices.[/b]I am not familiar with the east but i have passed through Enugu and it is also looks like a nice,sane place to live in and raise a family.i heard Kaduna and Jos also had the same charm.

You must have grown up in Ibadan before the year 2000. Were you one of those UI brats? Nobody outside the UI community attends theater productions in UI anymore. The schools you mentioned stopped being the elite primary schools in the nineties. Dozens of new schools have sprung-up to cater to the Ibadan rich (schools like Lifeforte, Vale and Christ Ambassadors come to mind). Even ISI is now a shadow of its former self.

Although getting a palatial home in Iyanganku/Jericho is much less expensive than a similar spread in Ikoyi/VI/Lekki, it still isn't cheap. I know because in 2005, I sold a plot of land that belonged to my late dad for N30 million. Just an empty plot of land oh! A nice house in Alalubosa will cost you nothing less than N60 million if you're lucky.

Ibadan has changed and moved on.

1 Like

Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Yinka1808: 6:57pm On Jan 21, 2013
Well, it's good for ib, lots of hidden treasures, those who talk rubbish about ib do so because the places they pass thru frm toll gate to iwo rd or ojo end looks like getto which is less than 20 percent of what the city is actually is. Well they shld keep talking trash while i live cmfortable in my ashi-bodija area.
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by dayokanu(m): 8:07pm On Jan 21, 2013
Aji se bi Oyo laari
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 21, 2013
The pictures are dated 2006, what of recent pictures?
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 21, 2013
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 21, 2013
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by phrankar(f): 8:51pm On Jan 21, 2013
Diff. Angle of UCH, and also mokola/total garden road....I dnt seem to recognize some of ur posted shot in ibadan, where u for see them? U forgot to take pictures of Orita challenge, toll gate __iwo road, mokola roundabout, apata, eleye nd co to mention a few...so everybody will see hw backward oyo state is in terms of development.
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by crackhouse(m): 9:16pm On Jan 21, 2013
o boy see brown zinc everywhere. they no fit change their rust zinc, those zinc don reach 70yrs o. this is poverty at its peak.
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by AJEGBINJEKARAUN(m): 9:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
Omo AjegbinjeKaraun!
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by AJEGBINJEKARAUN(m): 9:31pm On Jan 21, 2013
CyberG:

I stayed in Ibadan for sometime during my recent visit to Naija and there's already a very impressive infrastructure renewal going on and in place. Stop making ignorant comments if you havent't been there in recent times. All you see is UCH, UI and Lautech? The poster cannot post all pictures of ongoing works in Ibadan as that city is most like larger than your state or a few states in Nigeria. Urban renewal: have you been to Gate, Mokola, Akobo, the underbridge roundabout, the express area close to Iwo Road, ongoing works in Jericho road? It's a long ways to go for any government but there is surely a lot of work going on!
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Lovine: 10:13pm On Jan 21, 2013
Are you sure this is Ibadan I know?
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by kiniwunzaki999(m): 10:53pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ok...thats my cool city,used to love Sabo Suya spot.
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Yeske2(m): 11:07pm On Jan 21, 2013
Story. .
OP should save his breath, this is not the true picture of Ibadan...at least for those of us who've been there before. Showing pix of ogbomosho and trying to make us believe it's Ibadan faulted this thread from the beginning.
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by spyder880(m): 11:47pm On Jan 21, 2013
Lovely pictures, beautiful city.
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Dawdy(m): 11:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
I'm not from Ibadan, neither Am I from Oyo stste, but I love that city. I dont know why.
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by tobiemichael(m): 12:07am On Jan 22, 2013
Ikengawo:

pls whr is this place in ib?
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 22, 2013
Later in the day I'll post my pictures of Ibadan that I took earlier this month.

I flee Lagos at the earliest opportunity. Ibadan is where my heart is.
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by lookmangiw(m): 2:59am On Jan 22, 2013
Where did this guy got those photos from? I'm living in ibadan at present and i must confess that most of those places looks totally strange to me. Guy, shey na beere, abi na oja oba or labiran you took all those photos?
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Ikengawo: 3:03am On Jan 22, 2013
I don't know, you should be telling me, either way they're there.
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by Nobody: 4:24am On Jan 22, 2013
@OP. U̶̲̥̅̊ took some of dem pix in IITA, especially D̶̲̥̅̊ one ώį̸̸̨ƭƕ swimming pool Aπϑ τ̣̣ђ€ road by τ̣̣ђ€ river. #fact#
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by BlackPeni5: 7:32am On Jan 22, 2013
Congrats to the Biggest Village in West Africa cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue

Snapping the same places in different angles...
Re: Proud Ibadan (pictures) by anulaxad(m): 8:39am On Jan 22, 2013
DISGRACEFUL,ALL THESE VILLAGERS SHOUTING OVER THERE DISGRACEFUL PITIFUL STATE.

WHILE IN ENGLAND PEOPLE ARE STILL COMPLAINING ON SIMPLE STUFF LIKE MOULD IN THERE HOUSE.

MAINTENANCE CULTURE,ZERO.

DECEIVEMENT CULTURE,100%.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives Katsina State, Ahead Of Tomorrow’s Election / PDP Slams INEC's Decision To Extend Deadline For Party Primaries / Mallam Lawal Garba Dies In Auto Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.