Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

What's Wrong With Female Pastors? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Wrong With Female Pastors? (4384 Views)

Romance With Female Gospel Singer, Sinach Crashed Oyakhilome’s Marriage / Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? / Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by DukeNija(m): 4:18pm On Jan 20, 2013
I'm Starting this thread because of my Mom.

She's a Pastor in one of the known Penticostal Churches. However last night we had a discussion where I realised that she was having problems with the Regional Coordinator.

He has refused to give her a Branch, and keeps promoting her Juniors to the Position of head Pastors with Branches.
Even those without the necessary ministerial experience.

I think its because she's a Woman.
My Mom started her ministry when I was still a young Boy. Attended all 'schools' and done everything.
I feel so sad that there could be Politics like this in the house of God.

Is anything wrong with being a Female Pastor? Why don't they just make it a law barring females from the pulpit?

Omo I dey vex! cry
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by advocate666: 4:25pm On Jan 20, 2013
discrimination by the godly!?
quel surprise.
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by thorpido(m): 4:27pm On Jan 20, 2013
There's nothing wrong with female pastors.
From your post it shows the issue is with the regional coordinator.Is there a way she can reach out to those at the top echelon.Is it possible to move to another parish/district etc?
Some people have issues with females being pastors but it's a personal one.
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by DukeNija(m): 4:34pm On Jan 20, 2013
thorpido: There's nothing wrong with female pastors.
From your post it shows the issue is with the regional coordinator.Is there a way she can reach out to those at the top echelon.Is it possible to move to another parish/district etc?
Some people have issues with females being pastors but it's a personal one.

The Problem is, its a Very Big Church.
The regional coordinator is to give her a branch, She's currently an assistant Pastor.

If She tries to lubby it or report him, she'll seem too ambitious and he'll be justified for denying her a Branch.
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by DukeNija(m): 4:34pm On Jan 20, 2013
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by juman(m): 4:44pm On Jan 20, 2013
Hmmm
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by thorpido(m): 4:45pm On Jan 20, 2013
Duke_Nija:

The Problem is, its a Very Big Church.
The regional coordinator is to give her a branch, She's currently an assistant Pastor.

If She tries to lubby it or report him, she'll seem too ambitious and he'll be justified for denying her a Branch.
Seems the options she has is either to keep waiting on God in prayer to either change his heart or remove him from his position or she moves out of that church.
I think she should just keep serving God in whatever capacity she has found herself and leave the rest to Him.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by advocate666: 7:51pm On Jan 20, 2013
thorpido: Seems the options she has is either to keep waiting on God in prayer to either change his heart or remove him from his position or she moves out of that church.
I think she should just keep serving God in whatever capacity she has found herself and leave the rest to Him.

She could also just stop going to church. A very intelligent option indeed.
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by ednut1(m): 7:56pm On Jan 20, 2013
how many female pastors, prophet or disciples u see for bible, women are nt meant to be pastors, mixing xtainity wit western ideology is evil. 1Corinthians 14:34-35. "Let your women keep silent in the churches, for
they are not permitted to speak; but they are to
be submissive; as the law says " And if they want to learn something, let them
ask their own husbands at home; for it is
shameful for women to speak in church".

3 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by tpia5: 8:44pm On Jan 20, 2013
thorpido:

i agree.
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by plappville(f): 10:53pm On Jan 20, 2013
thorpido: Seems the options she has is either to keep waiting on God in prayer to either change his heart or remove him from his position or she moves out of that church.
Same HERE!

OP, check this thread, you may find some useful info concerning yor question.....

https://www.nairaland.com/1036580/pastor-wrote-me#12032791
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by plappville(f): 10:58pm On Jan 20, 2013
ednut1: how many female pastors, prophet or disciples u see for bible, women are nt meant to be pastors, mixing xtainity wit western ideology is evil. 1Corinthians 14:34-35. "Let your women keep silent in the churches, for
they are not permitted to speak; but they are to
be submissive; as the law says " And if they want to learn something, let them
ask their own husbands at home; for it is
shameful for women to speak in church".

No over read meaning to this verse jare!
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by jmoore(m): 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2013
I sat beside a man in the church that doesn't know where some books in the bible are to be found, like asking "is Deuteronomy in the new testament?" So how can a woman learn from a husband when the husband knows absolutely nothing about the bible.
Many of us take what is written in the bible out of context.

There were many female prophets in the bible. Exodus 15:20 Miriam the prophet, Judges 4:4-5 Deborah the prophet, Luke 2: 36-38 Anna the prophet.

In Galatians 3:26-29 we were told that we are one be it female or male.

In Acts 21:7-9 Paul stayed in the house of Philip the evangelist who have four unmarried daughters who proclaimed God's message.

Those who speak against female pastors lack wisdom.
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by plappville(f): 9:47pm On Jan 21, 2013
jmoore: I sat beside a man in the church that doesn't know where some books in the bible are to be found, like asking "is Deuteronomy in the new testament?" So how can a woman learn from a husband when the husband knows absolutely nothing about the bible.
Many of us take what is written in the bible out of context.

There were many female prophets in the bible. Exodus 15:20 Miriam the prophet, Judges 4:4-5 Deborah the prophet, Luke 2: 36-38 Anna the prophet.

In Galatians 3:26-29 we were told that we are one be it female or male.

In Acts 21:7-9 Paul stayed in the house of Philip the evangelist who have four unmarried daughters who proclaimed God's message.

Those who speak against female pastors lack wisdom.

It is wrong to speak against it, because a woman can be called by God, and when this happens, the road will be open without abstacles.
If the OP mum wait on the lord it will be fine with her. Though the Pastor may be delaying it, when God decides to use someone He does it without opposition from anyone.

The Bible did not condemn women from doing the work of God, but i believe in devine calling, not just the ones we see today. This is valid for men also.
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by Goshen360(m): 10:06pm On Jan 21, 2013
This Gospel of DISCRIMINATION against women in the body of Christ MUST come to an END! You guys need to understand what Apostle Paul was saying before coming out here to talk. Thank you!
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by plappville(f): 10:39pm On Jan 21, 2013
Goshen360: This Gospel of DISCRIMINATION against women in the body of Christ MUST come to an END! You guys need to understand what Apostle Paul was saying before coming out here to talk. Thank you!

My brother they can only discriminate here on earth......The chief speaker will deal with them when the time comes.... grin

Comment ça va mon frère bien aimé en Christ?

3 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by totalbaby(f): 10:54pm On Jan 21, 2013
Finally. Someone who has got some sense!
Goshen360: This Gospel of DISCRIMINATION against women in the body of Christ MUST come to an END! You guys need to understand what Apostle Paul was saying before coming out here to talk. Thank you!
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by Boomark(m): 11:11pm On Jan 21, 2013

So Paul was discriminating against women when he said what he said?

2 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by Goshen360(m): 11:19pm On Jan 21, 2013
Boomark:

So Paul was discriminating against women when he said what he said?

My brother, kindly pick up a concordance/dictionary and check the meaning of 'silence' in Paul's words and also check the meaning of 'he (Paul) do not suffer a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man. Paul wasn't discriminating, we need to understand what he said and tightly divide the word.
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by advocate666: 11:25pm On Jan 21, 2013
Goshen360:

My brother, kindly pick up a concordance and check the meaning of 'silence' in Paul's words and also check the meaning of 'he (Paul) do not suffer a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man. Paul wasn't discriminating, we need to understand what he said and tightly divide the word.

When Paul said "silence", he didn't mean "silence".
When he said "do not speak", he didn't mean "you should not speak".
When he said "woman", what me meant was far from "woman"

Paul was talking about love, tithe, god, Jizz-Us, angels, heaven, brotherhood etc. Anything you can think of except what he was actually saying. Be warned!

tongue Pathetic lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by Goshen360(m): 11:27pm On Jan 21, 2013
plappville:

My brother they can only discriminate here on earth......The chief speaker will deal with them when the time comes.... grin

Comment ça va mon frère bien aimé en Christ?

My sister, Ouais, je vais bien que vous êtes également profiter de la grâce de Dieu.
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by advocate666: 11:31pm On Jan 21, 2013
Goshen360:

My sister, Ouais, je vais bien que vous êtes également profiter de la grâce de Dieu.

Chai Goshen, abeg stick to english 'cos your french errors are hurting the eyes.
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by Goshen360(m): 11:37pm On Jan 21, 2013
^^^ Why you no interpret am naw, lolz. Abeg leaf my french jor...lolz.
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by Goshen360(m): 11:40pm On Jan 21, 2013
advocate666:

When Paul said "silence", he didn't mean "silence".
When he said "do not speak", he didn't mean "you should not speak".
When he said "woman", what me meant was far from "woman"

You know say I no like follow Atheists argue....huh? So women that prays, sings and prophecy in church worship don't 'speak'? When did praying, singing and prophesying done without talking/speaking? Huh? Oya come answer kweshion
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by DukeNija(m): 11:44pm On Jan 21, 2013
I believe God can call anyone, male or female.
There's no where in the Bible where Jesus spoke against Women at the Pulpit.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by tpia5: 12:14am On Jan 22, 2013
Op

You didnt mention your dad.

Is he also a pastor?
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by truthislight: 10:55am On Jan 22, 2013

Care to shade more light to this ^^ statement above?

I notice you have refused to take a definite stance on what you believed the NT/apostles said and there stance.
Please do state your stance and understanding clearly please.
Peace.
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by Boomark(m): 4:01pm On Jan 22, 2013
^^Oui Goshon, moi too, je ve waité for tua to explique.

Silence means to keep quite.
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by advocate666: 6:01pm On Jan 22, 2013
Boomark: ^^Oui Goshon, moi too, je ve waité for tua to explique.

See what I mean Goshen. Tell me if the above french didn't assault your eyes?
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by Goshen360(m): 6:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
truthislight:

Care to shade more light to this ^^ statement above?

I notice you have refused to take a definite stance on what you believed the NT/apostles said and there stance.
Please do state your stance and understanding clearly please.
Peace.

My stance keh? We should rather discuss what Apostle Paul meant by "women should be silent" and "women should not teach". If both means women cannot talk/speak, then why would the same Apostle write, "Every woman that prays or prophecy..." because both involves talking/speaking in the church. My stance is very clear only you may not have read me well bro.

Besides, Happy New Year!
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by Goshen360(m): 7:01pm On Jan 22, 2013
Boomark: ^^Oui Goshon, moi too, je ve waité for tua to explique.

Silence in this context means "hold your or one's peace". It doesn't connote one to shut up. Letters to the Corinthians church was written as a scroll not, in chapters as we have it now. If silence means keep quite as we have interpreted it to mean, then same Apostle will not later write "Every woman that prays or prophecy..." because both praying and prophesying involves one to talk/speak. Abi na mute activated style praying and prophecy dey happen ni?
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by Goshen360(m): 7:02pm On Jan 22, 2013
advocate666:

See what I mean Goshen. Tell me if the above french didn't assault your eyes?

Why you wan carry me and my dear brother head nack each other naw? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Satan Doesn't Exist; All These Abrahamic Religions Are Deceiving Everybody / Pastor Goodheart Obi Ekwueme, Abuja House On The Rock Senior Pastor Quits Church / Why Am An Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.