Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,116 members, 7,821,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

What's Wrong With Female Pastors? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Wrong With Female Pastors? (4395 Views)

Romance With Female Gospel Singer, Sinach Crashed Oyakhilome’s Marriage / Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? / Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by jmoore(m): 6:56pm On Jan 30, 2013
ijawkid:

Didn't he support those words with the scriptures??..............

Who is a pastor??......

Jesus words? from which verse?
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by truthislight: 8:32pm On Jan 30, 2013
ijawkid:

Didn't he support those words with the scriptures??..............

Who is a pastor??......

How does this ^^^ words relate with this below:

jmoore:

Jesus words? from which verse?

@jmoore
what were you replying to in @ijawkid comment above?
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by BARRISTERS: 1:05am On Feb 05, 2013
@jmoore:
Definately, you are fighting the scriptures! if not how can you say tha i (barristers) wrote the words penned down more than 2000 yrs ago below:

Ephesians 5:24

24 "Now as the church submits to Christ, so also [size=16pt]wives should submit to their husbands in everything"[/size].

im i the one that wrote those scriptures? why are you FIGHTING the scriptures? if not you will never say this scripture below was from me; read it again pls;

Dude! the guy (BARRISTERS) said "religiously women are to submit to their husbands in everything! and not to exercise leadership over man!"
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by jmoore(m): 6:39am On Feb 05, 2013
BARRISTERS: @jmoore:
Definately, you are fighting the scriptures! if not how can you say tha i (barristers) wrote the words penned down more than 2000 yrs ago below:

Ephesians 5:24

24 "Now as the church submits to Christ, so also [size=16pt]wives should submit to their husbands in everything"[/size].

im i the one that wrote those scriptures? why are you FIGHTING the scriptures? if not you will never say this scripture below was from me; read it again.
SMH. The problem is your interpretation of it. Submission is in marriage only.
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by honeychild(f): 4:59pm On Feb 05, 2013
mazaje: @ Debosky

Here is a perfect example of the self projection as god I was telling you about. . .Both the proponents of the women should not preach or serve as head of church and the opponents use the bible to justify their positions. . .Every body is using his own opinion and personal interpretation and pushing it forward as that of his/her god. . .What is the central biblical teaching on women and church leadership?. . .Are they allowed to serve as the head or not?. . .

What the scriptures say is clear and straight forward. If you followed the thread you would have clearly seen that one side of the debate rely strictly on what the Bible said. The Bible is not equivocal on this issue at all. Women should not teach or exercise authority over men in church.

The other side have refused to accept this clear unambiguous instruction because in these modern 'liberated' days, it is politically incorrect for women to be second place to a man. So to suit themselves they have to resort to conjecture, supposition, guesswork and what they 'feel' is correct. I am sure you noticed that none of those who advocate female pastors have been able to bring any scriptures in support.

2 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by kaytytty: 9:25pm On Feb 05, 2013
imagine d kind trouble wey bible dey cause,abeg tell ur mama make she take care of her husband house,na her primary assg b dat
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by BARRISTERS: 12:38am On Feb 06, 2013
@jmoore

SMH. The problem is your interpretation of it. Submission is in marriage only.

can you see why i said that you are fightingthe bible? are you saying that you know more than 'inpired writer PAUL?

abd good for you, you have just said that "Submission is in marriage only"

what can you say to this below, without fighting the inspired writer? see it and comment pls;

1 timothy 2:11-12 also reechoed the same thing as in 1 corinthians 14:34 again it says;

11 Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. 12 [size=14pt]And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man,[/size] but to be in silence.

are this instructions 'only within marriage'?

or this;

(that i have answered your querry as to speak,sing or others in page 3)

1 corinthians 14:34;

34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

the instruction above here 'is not about marriage', but 'church affairs' how does that translates to 'mine own interpretation' without you fighting the bible? forgwt about the FRAUD debosky asking of fraudulent clarifications, yoruba calls that 'oje' or 'ojoro' which also means fraud! lets see your comment,(i will point them out for you) carry go!
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by Princewell2012(m): 1:04am On Feb 06, 2013
jmoore: I sat beside a man in the church that doesn't know where some books in the bible are to be found, like asking "is Deuteronomy in the new testament?" So how can a woman learn from a husband when the husband knows absolutely nothing about the bible.
Many of us take what is written in the bible out of context.

There were many female prophets in the bible. Exodus 15:20 Miriam the prophet, Judges 4:4-5 Deborah the prophet, Luke 2: 36-38 Anna the prophet.

In Galatians 3:26-29 we were told that we are one be it female or male.

In Acts 21:7-9 Paul stayed in the house of Philip the evangelist who have four unmarried daughters who proclaimed God's message.

Those who speak against female pastors lack wisdom.
sir all those you mentioned, where do they minister? And which office do they occupy? Pls read your bjble very well. Thanks

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by Princewell2012(m): 2:01am On Feb 06, 2013
It is a pity that we are still reading bible, as if we are reading a literature bible does not condemn women from doing the work of God, but the bible only stop woman from preaching on the pulpit woman can do the work of an evangelist, PROPHETES, and others, it is not a must that she must mount the pulpit before she can carry out her spiritual assignment. Remember obedient is better than sacrifice and sin of rebellion is worst than the sin of witchcraft. Idont know why we wanted to manipulate the bible in other to achieve our goal.@ op is it a must that your mother must head a branch? why is she worried about that, ok she want to be a leader, or may be she wants people to be calling her pastor( mrs) all this does not take anybody to heaven, pride is sin in the sight of God.there re' so many area a woman can serve God without pastoring a church.peace

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by BARRISTERS: 12:34am On Feb 07, 2013
@jmoore (advocate of women pastors playing on emotions)

[size=28pt]where art thou? [/size]

answer questions above pls!
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by damiso(f): 7:13am On Feb 07, 2013
Reading this thread and learning alot.As the bible says Iron sharpeneth Iron.

I worship in one of the most popular churches in Nigeria here in the UK.I serve in the childrens church,Youth church,a sunday school teacher and a couple of other duties Ours is a small parish and my pastor keeps trying to enrol me in the next pastoral leadership classes.

I have told him over and over again that i do not want to be a pastor and have even backed it up scriptures and even told him the main reason why i kick against it is my Husband does not worship in our church.I was born a muslim and converted to christianity and we used to worship together at the C of E(anglican church) till i started worshipping elsewhere when he was away for a while.He allowed me the free rein to worship where i want if i felt i was more spiritually in tune there BUT refuses to come along with me.

I know and i am convinced by the Holy Spirit that i do not want to be a pastor.I seek no such officein order to validate my Salvation in christ Jesus and TBH even if my husband was a pastor i still would not want to be one.I strongly believe in this scripture about our diff roles in the body of christ

"There are diversities of Gifts,but the same spirit.There are differences of ministries but the same Lord.And there are diversities of activities but it is the same God who works in all"(1Cor 12:4-6).

I dont believe my role is being a pastor but he keeps saying he sees in me a leader and one of the best candidates in his parish.I spoke to my husband and though he is not against it i cant tell from his demeanour he is not too keen.His words were do what the spirit ministers to you.I have two young kids under 5 and as it is it seems the roles clash.Sometimes when i cant meet up,my pastor even says i am using my kids as an excuse in slacking in my duties in the things of God and that who gave me those kids?

I have a strong conviction that i am called by God to make an impact for Him but not as a pastor.I have refused to fill the form and he is more or less saying i am rejecting the Call to serve.I keep praying about this and i am.not convinced to be a pastor.I will not be a people pleaser but look to Christ who is the author and finisher of my faith.

I have quite a couple of Teens am mentoring at the moment and they are the reason i would not want to leave this parish but seriously considering doing so if i keep getting pressured.I head follow up and even get told off for not pressuring people to become workers.
Reading this thread as even thrown up some more questions on whether or not i should even be leading a church which seems to be where this seems to be leading.

Pls my dear bro and sisters in Christ how do i stand my ground in love without seeming rebellious?
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by thirty(m): 7:48am On Feb 07, 2013
My answer is 1 Timothy 2: 11-14. I can anyone interprete this plaese.
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by jmoore(m): 7:47pm On Feb 07, 2013
BARRISTERS: @jmoore (advocate of women pastors playing on emotions)

[size=28pt]where art thou? [/size]

answer questions above pls!

I am not speaking based on emotions. The way church is run these days is very different from then. The women I mentioned where in charge in their own domain, the bible never gave more insight to that.

BARRISTERS:
34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

So women should remain dumb in church? So every christian husband is meant to be ahead of the christian wife in terms of knowledge of the word of God? For the husbands that know nothing about the word of God then the wife should suffer in ignorance?

If Paul was alive today, he would have corrected this misinterpretation.
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by JeSoul(f): 8:28pm On Feb 07, 2013
damiso: Reading this thread and learning alot.As the bible says Iron sharpeneth Iron.

I worship in one of the most popular churches in Nigeria here in the UK.I serve in the childrens church,Youth church,a sunday school teacher and a couple of other duties Ours is a small parish and my pastor keeps trying to enrol me in the next pastoral leadership classes.

I have told him over and over again that i do not want to be a pastor and have even backed it up scriptures and even told him the main reason why i kick against it is my Husband does not worship in our church.I was born a muslim and converted to christianity and we used to worship together at the C of E(anglican church) till i started worshipping elsewhere when he was away for a while.He allowed me the free rein to worship where i want if i felt i was more spiritually in tune there BUT refuses to come along with me.

I know and i am convinced by the Holy Spirit that i do not want to be a pastor.I seek no such officein order to validate my Salvation in christ Jesus and TBH even if my husband was a pastor i still would not want to be one.I strongly believe in this scripture about our diff roles in the body of christ

"There are diversities of Gifts,but the same spirit.There are differences of ministries but the same Lord.And there are diversities of activities but it is the same God who works in all"(1Cor 12:4-6).

I dont believe my role is being a pastor but he keeps saying he sees in me a leader and one of the best candidates in his parish.I spoke to my husband and though he is not against it i cant tell from his demeanour he is not too keen.His words were do what the spirit ministers to you.I have two young kids under 5 and as it is it seems the roles clash.Sometimes when i cant meet up,my pastor even says i am using my kids as an excuse in slacking in my duties in the things of God and that who gave me those kids?

I have a strong conviction that i am called by God to make an impact for Him but not as a pastor.I have refused to fill the form and he is more or less saying i am rejecting the Call to serve.I keep praying about this and i am.not convinced to be a pastor.I will not be a people pleaser but look to Christ who is the author and finisher of my faith.

I have quite a couple of Teens am mentoring at the moment and they are the reason i would not want to leave this parish but seriously considering doing so if i keep getting pressured.I head follow up and even get told off for not pressuring people to become workers.
Reading this thread as even thrown up some more questions on whether or not i should even be leading a church which seems to be where this seems to be leading.

Pls my dear bro and sisters in Christ how do i stand my ground in love without seeming rebellious?
Hello dear sister Damiso,
I thank God for your life that you are seeking to do His will. I am a very very strong proponent of letting the peace of God guide you into all things. You should be fully convinced in your heart before undertaking any role of serving - especially one as demanding as 'pastor-hood'.

Part of a (your) pastors role is to encourage, gently prod and push you to greater faith and servitude within the body - BUT it must be a gentle Holy-Spirit influenced kind of pressure - NOT the kind that makes you feel guilty for simply wanting to spend time with your young children. Yes he wants you to serve the God that gave them to you - but your duty is to first serve your husband and and your children 100%, and then if you have any strength left over, the church. Let your pastor know as respectfully as possible but also be firm.

Personally, I have no reservations about women leading a congregation in the absence of qualified men (ideally) - others obviously feel differently - and God is His mercies will help us all. I wish you the very best sis smiley. May God continue to bless and guide you according to His perfect will. Amen.
Re: What's Wrong With Female Pastors? by damiso(f): 10:18pm On Feb 07, 2013
JeSoul:
Hello dear sister Damiso,
I thank God for your life that you are seeking to do His will. I am a very very strong proponent of letting the peace of God guide you into all things. You should be fully convinced in your heart before undertaking any role of serving - especially one as demanding as 'pastor-hood'.

Part of a (your) pastors role is to encourage, gently prod and push you to greater faith and servitude within the body - BUT it must be a gentle Holy-Spirit influenced kind of pressure - NOT the kind that makes you feel guilty for simply wanting to spend time with your young children. Yes he wants you to serve the God that gave them to you - but your duty is to first serve your husband and and your children 100%, and then if you have any strength left over, the church. Let your pastor know as respectfully as possible but also be firm.

Personally, I have no reservations about women leading a congregation in the absence of qualified men (ideally) - others obviously feel differently - and God is His mercies will help us all. I wish you the very best sis smiley. May God continue to bless and guide you according to His perfect will. Amen.

Thanks sis Jesoul.I will definitely follow the prodding of the Holy Spirit.I do want to serve but as i said earlier i believe that the mo the pastoralministry is not my calling.I will continue to be respectfully firm about this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jesus: The Son Of God, Or God? / Satan Doesn't Exist; All These Abrahamic Religions Are Deceiving Everybody / Pastor Goodheart Obi Ekwueme, Abuja House On The Rock Senior Pastor Quits Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.