Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,889 members, 7,817,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Did Cain Have A Wife And Children? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Cain Have A Wife And Children? (1312 Views)

Where Did Cain Get His Wife? / Where Did Cain Got His Wife? / From Where Did Cain's Bride And Her Family Originate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Cain Have A Wife And Children? by agentakins: 7:26pm On Jan 20, 2013
Did Cain have a wife and children? If yes, then where did he get her from? cos the bible made it known to us that God created only Adam and Eve. and Cain and Abel were their first children which they later gave birth to other children after Cain killed Abel and Cain went on exile. so where did he get his wife from?
Secondly, when Cain went on exile, the bible says God put a mark on his head so anybody that sees him will not kill him. my question now is wwho were the bible referring to as anybody? were there other people on earth apart frm Adam and Eve?

1 Like

Re: Did Cain Have A Wife And Children? by EazyJ(f): 7:52pm On Jan 20, 2013
Of course,Cain had a wife and he was d father of Enoch.But where he found a wife,..I dnt understand dat..
Re: Did Cain Have A Wife And Children? by sonikstargirl(f): 7:56pm On Jan 20, 2013
i guess dat b bible in incomplete
Re: Did Cain Have A Wife And Children? by topsy1971: 8:12pm On Jan 20, 2013
I believe God created other people after creating Adam and Eve. The Bible probably focussed on Adam's family since the lessons and history to be learnt relates more to them. Cain must have married from the other people created by God after Adam and Eve.
Re: Did Cain Have A Wife And Children? by SIRcumalot: 8:15pm On Jan 20, 2013
I think he married his sister incestous relationship is not so strange then and considering the alternative (eve) I'll say it was necessary.
P.S sarah was abraham half sister so I don't think incest was that big a deal in the days of yore
Re: Did Cain Have A Wife And Children? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 20, 2013
ADAM IS NOT THE NAME OF A MAN. IT IS THE NAME OF A NATION OF PEOPLE. ADAM IS A DESCRIPTION OF HOW THEY ARE MADE. ADAM IS FROM THE HEBREW 'ADAMAH' WHICH MEANS MADE FROM THE GROUND. THE NATION OF PEOPLE WERE MADE FROM THE GROUND AS IN DUST TO DUST

GENESIS 5 VS 2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
Re: Did Cain Have A Wife And Children? by Unluvable(f): 8:19pm On Jan 20, 2013
topsy1971: I believe God created other people after creating Adam and Eve. The Bible probably focussed on Adam's family since the lessons and history to be learnt relates more to them. Cain must have married from the other people created by God after Adam and Eve.
How possible is that? When the bible says we all die due to inherited sin from Adam, meaning all humans came from Adam. If God created other humans directly, the way he created adam, then they should be a race existing today that are perfect and don't have Adamic sin and are capable of leaving forever. Do you know of such

2 Likes

Re: Did Cain Have A Wife And Children? by onitshaigbo(m): 8:45pm On Jan 20, 2013
DELETED
Re: Did Cain Have A Wife And Children? by enilove(m): 4:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
Cain married his sister, the daughter of his father and mother, which was not a sin as at then,as we can see in the life of Abraham.
We can see in Gen.5:4 that Abraham had sons and dauthers,the names of the dauthers were not mentioned neighter were their ages or the the time they were born.Which is possible to be 3 or 7 years after Cain and Abel were given birth to.
The bible does not mention names of women when given account of the generation of any person in the bible.
If you read Gen 4:17-26 you will see how the children of Cain were multiplying likewise the children Adam had after Cain too were expected to be multiplying .A 900 years old person would have seen about 18 generation of todays children if they were to be marrying and give birth at the age of 50 years.
If Adam died at age of nine hundred and thirty years how many children do you think he would have gotten. At age 235 years he had gotten grand children in Gen.5:7.At age 325 he had great grand children and Seth with grand children and they still continue to procreat,how many years do you think it would take them before they lost count of their number? In about 750 years they would have been more than million people on the earth.
This was known to Cain that was the reason he said if people see him they might kill him.

Jacob got to Egypt at age 130 year in Gen.46:8-26. with 36 sons aside from grand children..After 430 years, in Exodus 12:41 the population of 36 people rose to 600,000 men besides women and children that left Egypt with Moses.
This means less than 600yrs of the life of Adam, the population would have been closed to 3 million or far more on earth before the death of Cain. If the seed of Jacob could be 600,000.thousand how much more the seed of Adam that did not die at young age of 147yrs as Jacob.And other grand children that lived a 907 yrs (Seth) would have gotten great number of children too.
Cain knew that b4 he would attain 500 yrs old it is possible for people that did not know him to kill him as he killed his brother .
We all inherited the sin of Adam in the garden of Eden.
If other people were created by God, God would have said so.
It bible is ever perfect ,only you have to read with an open mind.And at times the holy spirit would give you more understanding.

We have so many languages in the world .How does one tribes language differ from others tribe's , and it is still understood by that tribe.Is your language from evolution theory also? No two finger prints are the same in this world .
God is perfect likewise his word.
Re: Did Cain Have A Wife And Children? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 21, 2013
I have asked this question several years ago and this was the answer I got

topsy1971: I believe God created other people after creating Adam and Eve. . . .
Re: Did Cain Have A Wife And Children? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 26, 2013
Adam and Eve weren't the only humans God created.
Re: Did Cain Have A Wife And Children? by Ozegbe(m): 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2013
J12: Adam and Eve weren't the only humans God created.

then the bible is not given to us in its entirety.
Re: Did Cain Have A Wife And Children? by agentakins: 5:34pm On Jan 28, 2013
J12: Adam and Eve weren't the only humans God created.
if dis is true, how come d bible is nt giving account of oda ppl He created
Re: Did Cain Have A Wife And Children? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 29, 2013
agent_akins:
if dis is true, how come d bible is nt giving account of oda ppl He created

The bible is a jewish book. All stories in the bible were narrated and written from a jewish perspective. It's very possible that Adam was the forerunner of the Jews, the same way the Yoruba's believe that Oduduwa is their first ancestor.
Re: Did Cain Have A Wife And Children? by Pukkah: 10:09pm On Jul 26, 2013
topsy1971: I believe God created other people after creating Adam and Eve. The Bible probably focussed on Adam's family since the lessons and history to be learnt relates more to them. Cain must have married from the other people created by God after Adam and Eve.

Are you trying to re-write the Bible?

1 Like

Re: Did Cain Have A Wife And Children? by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 27, 2013
J12:

The bible is a jewish book. All stories in the bible were narrated and written from a jewish perspective. It's very possible that Adam was the forerunner of the Jews, the same way the Yoruba's believe that Oduduwa is their first ancestor.

People and their crazy theories, self...

Bible is neither a Jewish book, no more than Torah or Quran are similar to Bible.

Adam and Eve were the first humans created by God. After they were exiled from the garden of Eden, God told them to go out there and multiply, which they did.

I'd also like to point out that at that time and period, incest weren't frowned down upon by God, for obvious reasons. It was the only way human populations can spread across the earth surface, especially since Adam and Eve were the first and only family on earth at that point in time.

(1) (Reply)

Watch Video Of How Prophet T.B. Joshua Predicted Boston Marathon Bombing / AFM Camp Meeting 2013 Live Update / Is It Biblically Ideal For Men Of God Pastor/prophet To Prostrate For Kings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.