Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,522 members, 7,816,280 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo (19026 Views)

What Obasanjo Taught Me - Femi Kayode / What Obasanjo Really Tore Up - Abimbola Adelakun / Soludo: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Meby Charles Soludo On January 23, 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo by Syncan(m): 9:49am On Jan 21, 2013
OkwaIfugo:

Point of correction which road did you say he built? He is busy patching the roads he built and he didn't do anything about electricity except from the federal gov.

Ngige's 3yrs is better than Mr Peter Obi's 8yrs. We that are based in anambra state knows what we are saying.

Take a look at these in bold, seems not adding up.
Re: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo by tellwisdom: 9:51am On Jan 21, 2013
Y'all should keep quiet, let me talk angry angry
Re: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo by MrGlobe(m): 9:52am On Jan 21, 2013
wesley80:
Sorry Pal, your abysmal comprehensive skill did you in. Now read my post again and pay attention to the bolded portion.
same senselessness. which jury is still out if not the EFCC lately. Everybody knows the contributions soludo made to CBN and it is not for empty brained loud mouth like you that does not know his left from right to tell us otherwise.
Re: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo by strangest(m): 9:59am On Jan 21, 2013
OkwaIfugo:

Point of correction which road did you say he built? He is busy patching the roads he built and he didn't do anything about electricity except from the federal gov.

Ngige's 3yrs is better than Mr Peter Obi's 8yrs. We that are based in anambra state knows what we are saying.
tion..
No No No... Point of correction.. what your Okija shrine Ngige did was to give out contracts... He never paid fully for the whole contracts, no government pays fully for a contract... what you get is mobilization fee and it is from the mobilization fee that you pay back the feedback to whoever got the contract from you, Ngige collected those feedback and was not opportune to be in government to see the complete execution of the contracts... most time the only wayy this governors make money is from this feedback and that is the reason why most governors cancel contracts from previous governors... Guess what? Peter Obi did not cancel those contracts because he was not in for the feedbacks, instead he took it upon himself to push the contractors to complete the jobs and also balance their payment... If you can come down to Onitsha were I stay sometime, I will show you things that I am aware that Peter Obi built...
Re: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo by TRUTHTELA: 11:00am On Jan 21, 2013
Soludo,its too little to late. Nigeria was designed to fail and from 1960, till date, it has always been one failed president after another. Honestly, u commited a blunder by coming to serve a failed nation. Your stewardship at the CBN was never appreciated.

Ngozi iweala left a prestigious World Bank job, to do as you've written, wat did she get in return? Ingrates and Myopic rogues tarnishing an image she built in sane climes.

Soludo, alot of professionals will not buy into this ur advice cos, they've learnt from history. Do u want them to go like Dipo Dina or Hary Marshall? Or while they're already in office they'll pull Bola Ige on them? Nigeria doesn't WORTH it, its a GANGSTAS PARADISE(ask the Uba's or ask Obj about his " DO or DIE packages).

Personally, I'll advice all the good men to follow Sir Emeka Anyaoku's style. Serve the "GLOBAL LAND" and retire in your "FATHERLAND". No hassles, you'll be honored and respected from all quarters.
Re: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo by ajailer(m): 11:05am On Jan 21, 2013
lucenzo: With all these reports coming in, it shows that Baba was a prayer warrior. Baba combines both God and devil.

Baba will always be my mentor any day...i just like d ways he combines the good with the evil,life's like that anyways n am also trying to do thatgrin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo by Afolabs101: 11:31am On Jan 21, 2013
I'm so tired of this rubbish!!

"i had no interest in running for Governor/President/Chairman of Party until the people begged me and I just couldn't let them down. I'm doing it for the people and not for the opportunity to line my pockets and become stupendously wealthy at the detriment of these same people"

Politicians lie lie and lie!!! His wife said "no" She would turn down the opportunity to join the first lady's club??
Re: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo by Paentera(m): 12:04pm On Jan 21, 2013
Mr. Globe:
^
my friend shut up. when has free and fair election ever been recorded in Nigeria? Atleast Ngige that rigged election performed far more better in 3 years than Peter obi in 8 years. All Nigerian politicians assended to office by hook or crook and if we could get a competent person to do so in Anambra, I don't have a problem with that as the people's will will always be subverted through the election mechinery. Lets not act like its not the system. Did Peter obi win the last election?

Ngige should contest again. He has the will and has the support of the people.
Re: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo by blackbeau1(f): 12:07pm On Jan 21, 2013
So,in essence he needs a Godfather cuz he can't fight for himself
Re: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo by otondo55: 12:15pm On Jan 21, 2013
Soludo solution remains the best.

Prof we await your ruling, comes 2014 !

You're most welcome !
Re: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo by cjfavour(m): 12:32pm On Jan 21, 2013
strangest:

what exactly did Ngige, the Okija shrine slowpoke do to make him better than Peter Obi? Giving out contracts and collecting feedbacks? And Peter Obi came in and saw to it that the contracts were all executed unlike some morons that will cancel the whole contracts because there was no other feedback to collect... Mind you, no government gives you 100% payment until job is done...
NGIGE reconstructed roads,u will understand if u know how mbadihuju left d state,he fought Uba family who have bn living on d states,cancelled uba's irrevocable contracts deductible frm abuja which i heard obi have signed for him again,opened anambrarians eyes on whats happening, paid teachers salaries accumulated during mbadinuju's tenure plus pensions,etc. Anambrarians love NGIGE despite d fact dt his tenure was a stolen mandate. His greatest achievement was and is fighting GODFATHERISM in d state which is d devilish uba family.

1 Like

Re: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo by chessguru1(m): 12:35pm On Jan 21, 2013
lagcity: Soludo is on the money on this one. Intellectuals are avoiding politics but they don't know that by doing so, they are toying with the future of their kids and grandkids. Can one imagine top notch people like Fashola and Dr. Fayemi avoiding politics only to end up b1tching about how touts are ruining the country? It is ridiculous.
Yeah that's true. Its way more easier and fun to complain than to get up and do something..
www.fatsolution.net
Re: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo by MahatmaGhandi: 12:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The summary of the whole story is that if Yar Adua had not fallen ill and GEJ became the acting president within the period of the election, Soludo would have become the governor of Anambra state by hook or crook.

Well, I have nothing against Soludo being governor of Anambra state (I sincerly wish he could succeed Peter Obi) but I am TOTALLY against manipulation of the electoral process to achieve predetermined goals.

A 'discredited' person who ascends to power with full support and mandate of his people, humbled by the circumstance of his ascension to power, may turn out to be good leader. On the other hand, those who 'have something to offer' (in the thinking of some god father) but are installed to leadership position without input from the people, may most likely put the interest of the god fathers and 'babas' first before that of the people. Such preventable distraction may hinder the performance of such persons.

No matter how good or whatever goodies some persons have to offer, they MUST pass thru a free and fair election. Leaders at all levels MUST ascend to position of authority thru the vote of the people. There's NO substitute for free and fair elections.

this sounds so much like Niccolò Machiavelli
Re: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo by Decapo: 2:35pm On Jan 21, 2013
I hear o
Re: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 21, 2013
chiover: Sometimes I do wonder why anambra people are ranting that obi is ill-working whereas the man has done tremendous works in his state.good road stedy electricity were all I witnessed when I spent 2wks at ekwulobia last year,but when I got to my own darling state abia I wept and used my tears to add more waters to the flood. God help abia state I don't wish to meet bad roads and any other form of bad governace in my next visit. God bless abia state ! Long live umuigbo.
Bros u lied about obi working. The difference between obi and orji is the difference between bad and worse
Re: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo by Eziachi: 3:18pm On Jan 21, 2013
No matter who you are, once you opined that someone begged, ask or cajoled you to serve the public, of which you will be well paid and rewarded, I just lose interest.
In all civil societies, every honest, serious and agenda packed leaders were never ever begged to serve, in fact, they crawl on their knees begging to be allowed to serve.
How will you reconciled an applicant for a job who you begged to take the job and his seriousness to do the job well?
Although only very few Nigerians knew that running for a political office is like going for a job interview.

1 Like

Re: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo by legendprac(m): 4:04pm On Jan 21, 2013
Which Obi is working? Abeg, come down to anambra and ask 10ppl on d road if Obi is working or not and I doubt if one person will say he is...

Have u asked urself y d ppl still love Ngige after all these years? Cuz they haven't found anyone beta dan him yet... That includes ur Obi... Don't read abt anambra on d pages of newspapers and come here to say he is working
Re: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo by kutchs: 4:09pm On Jan 21, 2013
Mahatma Ghandi:

More like John Locke to me. You need to read his 2nd treatise on civil government to get get the clue.
Re: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo by kutchs: 4:10pm On Jan 21, 2013
Mahatma Ghandi:

Re: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 21, 2013
very hard to satisfy Nigerians!
Re: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo by mbulela: 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2013
The same rubbish story we hear all the time; He was forced by his people to come and deliver them. When did Tony Anenih become a party to the deliverance of the masses?
You want to deliver your people and you choose to join forces with the likes of Tony Anenih? Leave matter for Mathias. You are as bad as the rest. All this grammar will not change that fact.
Re: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo by mbulela: 6:10pm On Jan 21, 2013
Afolabs101: I'm so tired of this rubbish!!

"i had no interest in running for Governor/President/Chairman of Party until the people begged me and I just couldn't let them down. I'm doing it for the people and not for the opportunity to line my pockets and become stupendously wealthy at the detriment of these same people"

Politicians lie lie and lie!!! His wife said "no" She would turn down the opportunity to join the first lady's club??
The man lies as if he is talking to kids. Now he has left CBN he is busy writing thesis in Thisday every week. When he was in govt what did he do? Was it not under his watch that the likes of Aig, Akingbola and Ibru,not forgetting Atuche became demi gods and ran banking institutions like supermarkets? In saner societies men like him should be hiding in bunkers and writing apology letters. For all Sanusi's crudeness, lack of finesse, short sightedness and scatter gun approach, he arrested the bazaar and brazen robbery that Soludo ignored.
Re: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo by Donkonyon: 8:08am On Jan 22, 2013
I would not know where to start or end, but one thing I know too well is that you have done well for this country and you don’t need to brag about it. Sir, you are my mentor and I appreciate all what you have done and all what you will do in the future by God’s grace. Whenever you make up your mind to contest for any position either as President or Governor, sir, I will be with you. I know that I don’t have much to give but I will give my widow’s mite. Thank you and God bless you
Re: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo by adoniza(m): 10:31am On Jan 22, 2013
What a story
Re: What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo by Bokoharam: 1:51pm On Jan 25, 2013
Soludo plunged the banking system into this mess we are in. He is so corrupt that he can sell anybody, anything, even his manhood for money. Didnt he sell his conscience by throwing away his eyes while the Bank CEOs looted the system? He also made Sanusi a hero, though the latter blew it with ethnicism, religious sentiments and comments
Expressly supporting BH

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sokoto Electorate To Commence Recall Of Defected Lawmakers – CCSS / Reno Omokri: How Suleiman Abba's Poor Memory Exposed His Own Lies / Rate The Performance Of Saraki, The Senate President So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.