Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,339 members, 7,860,845 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:17 PM

Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (19166 Views)

Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Egypt / Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Swaziland / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso by honeric01(m): 1:00pm On Jan 23, 2013
ow11:

The only player I wish Keshi took was Kalu Uche. One of these days, a new AM (Rabiu is not He) will come to save our midfield till then we have to work with formations that don't require the full complements of an AM.

He got injured in training.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:05pm On Jan 23, 2013
coogar: petrucci is better than scholes was at age 21 but alex ferguson has lost his senses lately. he doesn't give the youth players a chance anymore like he did in the mid-90s. i mean, he let paul pogba and ravel morrison(2 brightest young talents) in the premier league leave.....pogba is doing wonders for juventus now and i am very sure petrucci is equally talented if not more talented than pogba. until scholes/giggs call it a day, fergie will not promote the precocious talents in the united academy!

You are 100% correct here. Imagine him bringing Scholes back from retirement when he had Morrison, Petrucci, Eikrem and Pogba. I actually watched the Udinese game and I was shocked with what I saw.

Honestly I always knew Pogba was brilliant but what he has turned into at Juve is something else. Those goals were amazing. He lost the ball only once. His long passes were breath taking. By the way you are also correct when you say that Petrucci might be even more talented than Pogba. When they played for Solksjaer at the reserves for Man Utd, Petrucci and Magnus Wolff Eikrem were rated higher than Pogba.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso by ow11(m): 1:06pm On Jan 23, 2013
coogar: petrucci is better than scholes was at age 21 but alex ferguson has lost his senses lately. he doesn't give the youth players a chance anymore like he did in the mid-90s. i mean, he let paul pogba and ravel morrison(2 brightest young talents) in the premier league leave.....pogba is doing wonders for juventus now and i am very sure petrucci is equally talented if not more talented than pogba. until scholes/giggs call it a day, fergie will not promote the precocious talents in the united academy!

He has promoted Welbeck, Foster and Evans na. Pogba I think was an ego-tripping excercise for the old man (with his agent) and Morrison isn't exactly lighting up England at the moment.

I think Petrucci is having Nani problems. Great natural ability but unable to transform that to consistent match winning performances like Ronaldo, Messi etc.

honeric01:

He got injured in training.

I mean Kalu Uche not Uche Kalu. Ikechukwu's elder brother. Uche Kalu played for Enyimba until recently.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:11pm On Jan 23, 2013
ow11:

He has promoted Welbeck, Foster and Evans na. Pogba I think was an ego-tripping excercise for the old man (with his agent) and Morrison isn't exactly lighting up England at the moment.

I think Petrucci is having Nani problems. Great natural ability but unable to transform that to consistent match winning performances like Ronaldo, Messi etc.

I mean Kalu Uche not Uche Kalu. Ikechukwu's elder brother. Uche Kalu played for Enyimba until recently.

Didn't you see that those Promoted were Englisha and those dropped were foreigners. I feel that is the problem. You can imagine SAF choosing Evans over Pique. Shocking.

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso by ow11(m): 1:15pm On Jan 23, 2013
Evans is neither English nor British and Welbeck is black! Morrison is English so what gives? undecided Ferguson himself is Scottish.

Btw, Isn't Ferguson privy to those signed into the Academy.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso by honeric01(m): 1:32pm On Jan 23, 2013
ow11:

Oh my bad, but i don't think Kalu uche deserves to be there because he's really dropped from the pegging order. plays in Turkey abi na china now.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso by naijaobi(m): 1:44pm On Jan 23, 2013
honeric01:

Mikel is not good at tackling? gosh!, what then has he been doing since 2006 for Chelsea? scoring?

I can't shout bro.
bro, nawa for u o.. Are u saying mikel tackles well?? Lol.. How many times has he done a good tackle for chelsea.. Mikel is good in making passes.. He hardly wins aerial ball and lacks tackling ability.. And the last time i checked, he's also very slow.. But mind u am nt saying he's a bad player

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso by honeric01(m): 2:07pm On Jan 23, 2013
naijaobi:
bro, nawa for u o.. Are u saying mikel tackles well?? Lol.. How many times has he done a good tackle for chelsea.. Mikel is good in making passes.. He hardly wins aerial ball and lacks tackling ability.. And the last time i checked, he's also very slow.. But mind u am nt saying he's a bad player

So now that it has come to SE, he does not know how to tackle again but he plays as a 4 for Chelsea for more than 7 years now. Nigerians and ostrich style grin
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso by semid4lyfe(m): 7:42pm On Jan 23, 2013
Mikel has never been good at tackling. He marks space(s) and not players!

2 Likes

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso by honeric01(m): 9:28pm On Jan 23, 2013
semid4lyfe: Mikel has never being good at tackling. He marks space(s) and not players!

Whether na space o or na player, what he does for Chelsea is their dirty jobs. so doing the same for SE shouldn't be an issue.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso by Jarus(m): 9:48pm On Jan 23, 2013
semid4lyfe: Mikel has never being good at tackling. He marks space(s) and not players!

I agree. that was why he was always picking cards in the early part of his defensive midfielder career.

2 Likes

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso by coogar: 9:52pm On Jan 24, 2013
ow11: Evans is neither English nor British and Welbeck is black! Morrison is English so what gives? undecided Ferguson himself is Scottish.

Btw, Isn't Ferguson privy to those signed into the Academy.

evans is british.....northern ireland is part of great britain!
thegoodjoehunt is precise with his observation, alex ferguson is going senile and maybe sterile. he has let sentiments destroy his philosophies about young players. piqué was a good example. how can you let pique go and keep evans? how can you let guiseppe rossi go and keep welbeck? then you have eikrem, morrison and pogba......he did nothing to push these lads into the senior team.

people keep saying pogba has egos and morrison is a combustible character - fergie is the culprit! fergie failed to fulfill his promise with pogba and pogba wasn't having any more of fergie's horseshit. ravel morrison has been ready for the senior team in the last 3 yrs and fergie kept playing him in the reserves - it was clear he was better than his peers there and he was not learning anything anymore. push him further and give him a stiff challenge to keep him busy....fergie failed that. morrison got bored - he would come late to training or sometimes skip training and he would still perform better than his hardworking peers on the matchday!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso by ow11(m): 11:01am On Jan 25, 2013
coogar:

evans is british.....northern ireland is part of great britain!
thegoodjoehunt is precise with his observation, alex ferguson is going senile and maybe sterile. he has let sentiments destroy his philosophies about young players. piqué was a good example. how can you let pique go and keep evans? how can you let guiseppe rossi go and keep welbeck? then you have eikrem, morrison and pogba......he did nothing to push these lads into the senior team.

people keep saying pogba has egos and morrison is a combustible character - fergie is the culprit! fergie failed to fulfill his promise with pogba and pogba wasn't having any more of fergie's horseshit. ravel morrison has been ready for the senior team in the last 3 yrs and fergie kept playing him in the reserves - it was clear he was better than his peers there and he was not learning anything anymore. push him further and give him a stiff challenge to keep him busy....fergie failed that. morrison got bored - he would come late to training or sometimes skip training and he would still perform better than his hardworking peers on the matchday!

Isn't Northern Ireland just part of the UK which in full means United Kingdom of GREAT BRITAIN & NORTHERN IRELAND? Where Great Britian includes the other three home countries?

Pique went out on loan to Zaragoza and was ready but you have even said on this forum at the time that he had to displace Ferdinand and Vidic which was impossible in 2008. Dude was probably desperate whilst Jonny 'no good' Evans was happy to bide his time.

Rossi left before Welbeck na

He has promoted Federico Macheda in this time of going against Non 'Islanders'. I can't hold brief for Ferguson but I don't think Petrucci would be so amazing and he will leave him out and play Cleverly (seriously) and Anderson whilst forking out ££££ for Kagawa
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso by coogar: 11:47am On Jan 25, 2013
ow11:
Isn't Northern Ireland just part of the UK which in full means United Kingdom of GREAT BRITAIN & NORTHERN IRELAND? Where Great Britian includes the other three home countries?

don't argue - a citizen of northern ireland is british!

Pique went out on loan to Zaragoza and was ready but you have even said on this forum at the time that he had to displace Ferdinand and Vidic which was impossible in 2008. Dude was probably desperate whilst Jonny 'no good' Evans was happy to bide his time.

pique was frozen out after his mistake that allowed united to get beat by bolton. anelka got the only goal of the game and fergie stopped playing pique. freezing pique out made up pique's mind to return home.

Rossi left before Welbeck na

rossi wasn't getting any game in the senior squad.

He has promoted Federico Macheda in this time of going against Non 'Islanders'. I can't hold brief for Ferguson but I don't think Petrucci would be so amazing and he will leave him out and play Cleverly (seriously) and Anderson whilst forking out ££££ for Kagawa

you are not getting the drift here...
no one has said petrucci is better than the other midfielders in the senior squad but he deserves his shot when the senior members are injured. however, fergie would rather play rafael, giggs, js park, etc in the central midfield instead of playing some of these talented young players. that's what pissed off pogba n morrison. pogba/morrison should have been promoted when injury ravaged the midfield - but fergie went to bring scholes back. how would you feel if a bunch of 40-yr olds are preferred to you?

1 Like

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso by honeric01(m): 11:57am On Jan 25, 2013
^^^^

YOU GUYS ARE DERAILING!

i don't want to hide your posts.
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso by coogar: 12:00pm On Jan 25, 2013
honeric01: ^^^^
YOU GUYS ARE DERAILING!

i don't want to hide your posts.

the thread has lost it's direction. there's another match today so start preparing for another player ratings discussion. if nigeria don't win today - expect another busy night.

2 Likes

Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso by honeric01(m): 12:09pm On Jan 25, 2013
coogar:

the thread has lost it's direction. there's another match today so start preparing for another player ratings discussion. if nigeria don't win today - expect another busy night.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso by ow11(m): 3:09pm On Jan 25, 2013
@honeric01

Another game to analyse coming up in an hour
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso by honeric01(m): 3:10pm On Jan 25, 2013
ow11: @honeric01

Another game to analyse coming up in an hour

Na so. cool
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso by coogar: 6:04pm On Jan 25, 2013
patiently waiting for jarus' player rating edition.......
jarus better rate the coach and the match officials as well cos i dey vex!!! angry angry sad
Re: Player Rating: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso by honeric01(m): 7:13pm On Jan 25, 2013
coogar: patiently waiting for jarus' player rating edition.......
jarus better rate the coach and the match officials as well cos i dey vex!!! angry angry sad

I am boiling here sef. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Argentina Vs Nigeria: 2 - 4 International Friendly - The Match Highlights (Video / Brazil's Gabriel Jesus Is Out Of The Rest Of The World Cup Due To Injury / Andrej Kramaric Confesses That He's Afraid Of Nigerian Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.