Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? (24798 Views)

Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 / The Five Lessons Stephen Keshi Must Learn From Nigeria's Draw With Rwanda / 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by ehiblessing(f): 8:39am On Jan 22, 2013
Too defensive
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by talktimi(m): 8:40am On Jan 22, 2013
bennyraz: getting the job done is the most important thing even if the play isn't good. Amodu did just that.The only problem we had was, Amodu in his style, sits quitely on the coach's bench and start to chew kolanut.. He would sit all through the match and We never wanted this. In fact, i expected Amokachi to pass out instruction yesterday but he kept mute.. Atleast we know Amokachi is a football pundit or didn't he see what his boys were playing? Or was the syndrome of easy to talk hard to do working against him?
my brother, we shall never understand the politics and drama going on amongst the technical crew. When Amokachi was the coach of the home eagles just a few years back, we saw lots of beautiful attacking football with lots of goals but now it seems he's waiting for oga to fall so he can take over. Isokay sha
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by katordidi(m): 8:44am On Jan 22, 2013
J12: Its a game of football, you win some, you lose some and you draw some. Our team is not strong, thats just the fact.
No good AM, no good WF, no good CBs and no good SBs.
How do you expect to get a positive result with a team like that? The organisation and management of the team was poor.
I hope we perform better next time.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by vislabraye(m): 8:44am On Jan 22, 2013
We had no cordination. I couldn't see the DM. The strikers wasted too much chances especially Uche.He was after personal glory.
Instead of laying the pass for another player in a better position, he opted to balloon the ball.
If RVP had been ballooning the chances he gets, where would Man U be?
Yobo should have complained to the ref. I expected him to motivate the players which he didn't do.
Keshi should have changed Ideye instead. BTW, why wasn't Sani Keita invited in the first place?
Keshi should sit up cos he would just be proving Osaze right.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by VirginFinder: 8:46am On Jan 22, 2013
elampiro:

Victor Moses is slightly injured (hamstring). He is not fit yet.

Lie!
Keshi is only trying to save his (Keshi's) silly assss.

Any pre-tourney player injuries are always declared before the opening match. Same as during the tournament.
Why was his' different?

A hamstring can last weeks. What if that's the case with Moses? Why did he bother to bring him along?

Keshi made a wrong choice with Ik Uche. Ik Uche is unnecessarily overhyped. He is another Sturridge.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by EsthyEmy: 8:47am On Jan 22, 2013
Futbol is lyk dat: u may win, lose or draw. Eagles didnt play vry badly, hweva, I tink dat d centre referre wasnt fair enof. Lets pray dat wining shall be ours in d subsequent games.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by katordidi(m): 8:47am On Jan 22, 2013
[quote author=katordidi][/quote] did u say no good WFs? And CBs. Musa and Moses 're arguably among the best WFs in the world. Yobo and ambrose 're decent CBs. There is quality in the team the problem is with the tactics
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by KAYD007(m): 8:51am On Jan 22, 2013
From the way i see it, we would have gotten two red cards if we were to consider the stomping tackle by NOSA which would
have been a straight red card but the REF was lenient enough to have given him a yellow, and yet still blame the REF? angry
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by buJu234: 8:51am On Jan 22, 2013
First and foremost I blame U (OP) for having headache for a man; whom u knw refused to take the necessary step.
How can u b crying for a man who purposefully built an upstairs house with a wooden foundation; because his house fell??

The Nigerian systems (4rm Police force to NNPC to NFF to Senators etc) dont have solid foundations nor institution (like Obama said) and u expected them to deliver world class results Not possible

This same mistake was what Siasia team did; that made Guinea to stop them from last Nations cup; why didnt NFF write it down as part of the lessons learnt from the mistake of last nation`s cup? 6 seconds to go u guys re still only 4 persons on ur half; with the other on ur opponent half... and u re leading.... can u imagine. similar thing happen in Siasia last match; same few seconds to go.

Assuming NFF; has a solid foundation they would have taught the Coach & boys as a rule of thumb.

Lastly; people will say WE ARE BUILDING A NEW TEAM.... Since France 98; this has always been our slogan to cover up 4 failures...
If u have a solid process in place u would have gotten experienced team by now...

where are the guys that played in the past U-17; U-20; U-23 competitions also where is the complete team that played the last 2 qualifying matches

You cant have fire-brigade approach to things and expect results; it wouldnt wk...

same in politics,, another govt. in power; he starts a new project 4rm scratch; instead continuing with the projects of the former; then add his new ones.... no he starts 4rm scratch.... 4yrs later if he losses the new govt. starts again...

THIS IS THE NIGERIA PROBLEM... thats what is affecting this boys.... please expect more shocker... am nt a prophet ooo; but one can tell whether a building will last in d storm after looking at its foundations...
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by searay(m): 8:51am On Jan 22, 2013
Since we are here to blame. I think I should blame myself for buying fuel and subscribing to DSTV to watch that match. So I blame myself.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by vislabraye(m): 8:51am On Jan 22, 2013
katordidi: did u say no good WFs? And CBs. Musa and Moses 're arguably among the best WFs in the world. Yobo and ambrose 're decent CBs. There is quality in the team the problem is with the tactics

Musa amongst the best in the worldshocked. Tell me something. Where did you get this info from?
(Just noticed no BH struck yesterday. They're in their cooling off period watching the match. )
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by EKELEONU(m): 8:53am On Jan 22, 2013
i blame the Nigerian mentality of not going for more.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 22, 2013
talktimi: my brother, we shall never understand the politics and drama going on amongst the technical crew. When Amokachi was the coach of the home eagles just a few years back, we saw lots of beautiful attacking football with lots of goals but now it seems he's waiting for oga to fall so he can take over. Isokay sha
yes o! So so true! Amokachi is waiting to take over when Stephen keshi fails
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 22, 2013
Virgin Finder:

Lie!
Keshi is only trying to save his (Keshi's) silly assss.

Any pre-tourney player injuries are always declared before the opening match. Same as during the tournament.
Why was his' different?

A hamstring can last weeks. What if that's the case with Moses? Why did he bother to bring him along?

Keshi made a wrong choice with Ik Uche. Ik Uche is unnecessarily overhyped. He is another Sturridge.
exactly.. Ik is another sturridge.. Selfish play and he scores after missing between 7-10 beautiful chances cheesy
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by stevebond007(m): 8:58am On Jan 22, 2013
Eifeh: I blame keshi,Echiejine, yobo na minus one
. Abi na!
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by odogift(f): 9:00am On Jan 22, 2013
I blame GEJ for allowing his girlfrnd to carry her jinx to d venue of d match saying she's representing Patience who is off to Germany.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Bosky65: 9:05am On Jan 22, 2013
@elampiro.men i like your comment. the boys played well. they should be more conscious and clinical in front of goal post next time.The team will improve per match.I belief will come out of the group stages and even go far in the tournament.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by babyphaze07(m): 9:28am On Jan 22, 2013
Blame or no blame, the game was drawn. Burkina faso fought all through. At the nick of time, all the players shuld av bin in box 18. I blame all the midfielders for not withdrawing to suport the defenders. It's a collective mistake by all of them......
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by miiraaj: 9:29am On Jan 22, 2013
I blame GEJ,PEJ, and PDP grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by dady12: 9:34am On Jan 22, 2013
since we are here to cast blame,i now channel my blame to farouk vs otedela ,with bias efcc as centre referee why GEJ ad pdp are preparing keshi sack letter, i am on my way to my daily business

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by GUNSLINGER: 9:38am On Jan 22, 2013
sadeiyare: I blame the Ghanaians in the viewing centre I watch the match in accra, their beef was just so tangible, I knew something bad was going to happen ( Ghanaians charmed us)

U ungrateful baboon looking child of a BOKO HARAM p/r/i/c/k at least u watch da match cuz most of ur people in BOKOGERIA where looking for generator whilst da match was in progress. Alata eeediot why don't u go back to ur so call giANT of Africa. grin grin grin angry grin angry grin grin angry angry cheesy angry
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by nas00(m): 10:21am On Jan 22, 2013
Overall, the Super Eagles had a fair game in spite of the referee's erratic calls.

In my opinion, the ONLY reason we conceded the equaliser was because the forwards failed to use their common sense. It was less than a minute to the end of the game. They should have taken they ball to the byline, instead of trying to score.
Of course, they lost the ball and Burkina Faso countred. The defence was on the back foot and they got a deserving equaliser since our lads were not smart enough.

The most painful thing was that they lost it with just seconds to go.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Revolva(m): 10:23am On Jan 22, 2013
I blame jacob zuma
I blame sepp blatter
I blame Goodluck jonathan otueke
I blame fashola
I blame yobo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Phems(m): 10:25am On Jan 22, 2013
Nigeria is not the first to draw, even the defending champion; Zambia drew against Ethiopia, same goes for other teams who had played so far in this tournament except Mali.

I think this draw will make them prepare better for greater match ahead as the Super Eagles are fond of relaxing their efforts after victory.

I blame no one, Uche's missed chance, though painful, is normal. Yobo needs to do better or be replaced and Mikel should not be discouraged, those attempts on goal are per-requisite for scoring. Keshi has more work to do, they need to play more as a team.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by sshalom(m): 10:40am On Jan 22, 2013
The simple mistake they made was to get cut out at the dying seconds. It was painful but they tried. Let's not forget that there was also a red card against us and the referee seemed set out to frustrate our boys
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Gwekzy: 11:42am On Jan 22, 2013
kundul: I blaame dis yeye frog
. Lmao ....my belle o
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by binaville: 11:42am On Jan 22, 2013
Mikel was the best player in yesterday's match...yobo was out of it ogude, rutless in defence and ike uche was not clinical enough....we can build on this.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Ayorh4you(m): 11:49am On Jan 22, 2013
kundul: I blaame dis yeye frog
Choi! Guy U̶̲̥̅̊ don kill M̶̲̅ε̲̣ wt lafta......bwuahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by impact4now: 12:19pm On Jan 22, 2013
Really yobo cant captain this team to win the 2013 nations cup. keshi should pls give the captain band to mikel. At least hes a regular trophy winner
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Clintontoju: 12:22pm On Jan 22, 2013
menhhhh all i can say is go eagles go eagles... if una lyk mak una cari last cum house..... for all care as far it doesn't tak away my fud at home.... hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah wat a disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by jude33084(m): 12:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
I blame myself for watching the match angry
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by gulfer: 12:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today! / Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 21st Birthday With Family & Friends / The Banyana Banyana Miracle Vs. The Super Falcons Miracle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.