Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? (24799 Views)

Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 / The Five Lessons Stephen Keshi Must Learn From Nigeria's Draw With Rwanda / 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by pekelepekele(m): 10:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
Chai wrong question . It should be Tottenham Draw against Manchester united , Who Do You Blame?
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by yertyr(m): 10:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
Sincerely, I blame our attackers. though the refree's decision was awkward...we shud have sealed the game.when u're leadin wit one goal, attackers pushes d ball to d flank to kill time.Rather at d 93rd min we had d ball, our strikers wanted to score and d counter led to d goal. I mst say dat I'm proud of Ideye, dat guy has so improved.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by pelezico: 10:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
bennyraz: now your point is beginning to make sense.. The pitch was bad? Yes! The referee was bias? Yes! And our captain kept quite? Yes! Keshi couldn't pass instructions to his boys at the closing minutes? Yes! What else? Overall, the team is good but Keshi needs to step up his game, yobo needs to act like a Captain

Yobo needs to act like a captain but like Arsenal (i wonder if our boys are ARsenal fans) no one wants to step up to the plate and take the bull by the horns

Why this team reminds me of Arsenal bothers me?
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by tunapawizzy: 10:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
Morgan1092: Teacher Chike
Pele o Morgan
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by ezzye: 10:34pm On Jan 21, 2013
[quote author=2legit2qwt]I blame Goodluck Jonathan tongue

Always looking for who to blame for their shortcomings..Typical[/quote
i blame burkina faso....
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by pyx: 10:35pm On Jan 21, 2013
HUMMN I imagine samson Siasia
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by maxjax(m): 10:35pm On Jan 21, 2013
"No Indigenous Government Ever Realizes
Its Ambition" = NIGERIA
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jan 21, 2013
J12: Its a game of football, you win some, you lose some and you draw some. Our team is not strong, thats just the fact.
No good AM, no good WF, no good CBs and no good SBs.
How do you expect to get a positive result with a team like that? The organisation and management of the team was poor.
I hope we perform better next time.
we were meant to win this one and i would always blame ike uche for throwing away our goals.. U see there are over 150million people in Nigeria which makes it over 150million coaches cheesy I would always prefer Emenike and obagoal(unfortunately, politics made them drop him) ahead of Ike uche cuz he's a wasteful striker!
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by naylove(m): 10:36pm On Jan 21, 2013
ROSSIKE: THE REFEREE. 100000000000000000000 TIMES.

NIGERIA WILL CONTINUE TO FIGHT ARAB TERRORISTS IN MALI NO MATTER HOW MANY ANGRY ARAB REFEREES WISH TO TAKE IT OUT ON OUR TEAM.

na wa oh. wetin that wan gast do with the results now.. afterall same happened to manure yesterday.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by AVWENAGHA: 10:36pm On Jan 21, 2013
elampiro:

[b]Victor Moses is slightly injured (armstring). He is not fit yet.[/b]

gbam,u are right,God bless u sir,but lets pray and hope if he will be able to play the next game on friday
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 21, 2013
naylove:

na wa oh. wetin that wan gast do with the results now.. afterall same happened to manure yesterday.

Poor naive soul.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by supremebeing09: 10:38pm On Jan 21, 2013
Bloody hell! Some of our tackles were quite bad. Yes, the referee could have done better but this is ACN, not the Premier League or any other league on earth. Normally referees do overlook some tackles but considering the fact that most officials are very sensitive to the nature of the tournament and the physicality of the African game, they have no choice but to officiate in line with the expectations of the nations. The Ethopia-Zambia game sets an example. The goalkeeper's tackle warranted a straight red. On the contrary, a similar, if not worse tackle produced a yellow card to the goalkeeper who was the culprit (he ended the other player's career) at a World Cup tournament years ago. All I'm saying is different contexts warrant different practices and perspectives.

Anyway, I blame those two defenders who slid past the ball when it was right in front of them - one of them could have either cleared the ball (or swallowed it for all I care)- leading to the equalizer. I mean, the ball was clearly spinning in front of them and they gave the goalscorer enough time to run up to the ball and shoot. And to think we actually scored an AMAZING goal. #pissed

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by chessguru1(m): 10:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
I blame the red card for turning d tide of the game in favor of the babes. It didn't warrant a yellow. It was a foul yes, but not a yellow card offense. Even the commentator said so himself.
www.fatsolution.net
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by fankasibe: 10:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
I can only blame myself for watching d match.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by fankasibe: 10:43pm On Jan 21, 2013
I blame Jonathan
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by abysirius(m): 10:44pm On Jan 21, 2013
bennyraz: I thank God for this forum..

1. I'm very angry with the centre referee. I think he was bias and he favored Burkinafaso more. The fouls our boys committed were similar to fouls the faso boys committed yet we got yellow cards for ours while they got nothing..

2. I blame joseph yobo because he's not a fighter. When he saw what the referee was doing, he was meant to protest! I think they should emulate Barcelona players in this.. When next they bring any player down, the whole team should surround the referee to complain! That i didn't see. Yobo was so lose with the ball, he did not lift the spirit of the team when they needed gingering rather he was poor

3. I blame ike uche cuz he's not a clinical striker! Two clear chances and the only thing he could think was to send the ball to the sky. If Emenike had those chances, he would have taking it.

4. I blame stephen keshi, cuz he kept quite at the sidelines.. He has low technical capabilities! He couldn't make the right changes. I expected Emenike to play all through. And again, he did not pass instruction to his team to hold on to the ball for the remaining few minutes.

Nairalander's, who do you blame?
I thought I was on my own. Exactly my points! U've painted it just d way it is!
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by AVWENAGHA: 10:45pm On Jan 21, 2013
elampiro: The mistake was that Nigeria players had the ball in the opponents corner flag area with 15 seconds to final whistle (93.45), why did they attempt to go and score? It was two Eagles against one Burkinababe in the corner area, they could have kept possession there for one minute the least. Instead they went to try and go into their 18 yard box, it a bit of inexperience and lots of carelessness.

Having said the above, Nigeria did well considering we are rebuilding. Westerhof lost his first to Algeria 5-1 in 1990, though he went on to play the final of the tournament. I saw a fast attacking Eagles today, the fist time in 15 years or more. We can build on this.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,nice comment God bless u sir
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by mcwinnie: 10:45pm On Jan 21, 2013
Libkid: I blame keshi and yobo
[size=16pt]i blame Libkid for blaming yobo and keshi[/size]
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by chessguru1(m): 10:46pm On Jan 21, 2013
executinal: First and foremost i now see why Osaze complain about our captain, Yobo was not up to his position as team captain, Mikel will even do a better job and motivation than Yobo.

Ref was biased but we could have killed the game at the last minute, which i expect Ike uche and his partner to do, but lack of experience made them to push more for goal.(This is were experience counts).

Mikel was not upto his game as he was at the first half, Echejile was playing with fear or should i say under pressure? no over lapping, always cause more for Yobo. I expect Keshi to bring in Moses and take Musa off, then take off Ideye and introduce Ik Uche, but his changes was just pure silly.

I hope we learn from this and go back to drawing board and stop blaming ref and co.

We must surely qualify to the next round we are all levelled that what matters most.
I believe moses was his last joker, but 4 d red card that forced him 2 do something different. With 11 men, they wldnt have stood a chance.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by larimo(m): 10:46pm On Jan 21, 2013
with 30 seconds to go, we had the ball in their half. What was the need for another goal? It was a poor decision by the strikers involved

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:46pm On Jan 21, 2013
Thunder balogun
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by RedLight1: 10:47pm On Jan 21, 2013
i blamed jonathan for not setting up committee to look into the team that keshi took to south africa
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 21, 2013
I blamed the officiating, it killed the moral of the player not forgeting most of them are home-based players.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by denitro(m): 10:48pm On Jan 21, 2013
I blame TB Joshua because tomorrow he will say he saw the Draw
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by palugycolina(m): 10:48pm On Jan 21, 2013
Super1759: I blame gej and bokoharam undecided

Me 2..

Naija wich way
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by kbsheshe(m): 10:49pm On Jan 21, 2013
I blame our president for not having luck
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by maclatunji: 10:49pm On Jan 21, 2013
I blame GEJ. The Super Eagles weren't bad in the days of late Abacha, so what is his excuse? tonguetongue tonguecheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 21, 2013
blame this,blame that.we play unprofessionally.i hope you guys watch supersport team analysis.Sunday oliseh was there. if we play like this against ethiopia we are doomed.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by dhayoh: 10:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
bennyraz: I thank God for this forum..

1. I'm very angry with the centre referee. I think he was bias and he favored Burkinafaso more. The fouls our boys committed were similar to fouls the faso boys committed yet we got yellow cards for ours while they got nothing..

2. I blame joseph yobo because he's not a fighter. When he saw what the referee was doing, he was meant to protest! I think they should emulate Barcelona players in this.. When next they bring any player down, the whole team should surround the referee to complain! That i didn't see. Yobo was so lose with the ball, he did not lift the spirit of the team when they needed gingering rather he was poor

3. I blame ike uche cuz he's not a clinical striker! Two clear chances and the only thing he could think was to send the ball to the sky. If Emenike had those chances, he would have taking it.

4. I blame stephen keshi, cuz he kept quite at the sidelines.. He has low technical capabilities! He couldn't make the right changes. I expected Emenike to play all through. And again, he did not pass instruction to his team to hold on to the ball for the remaining few minutes.

Nairalander's, who do you blame?
i blame u dat postd this
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by SamMilla1(m): 10:50pm On Jan 21, 2013
I blame Yekini and Sam Okwaraji for dying early

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by comely77(m): 10:51pm On Jan 21, 2013
Keshi is just out to make a fool of us all with his selection.the team was deficient from the begigning, I think he is not technically sound enough...its such a shame and waste of precious time.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 21, 2013
pelezico: You and the other Nigerians are the reason why Nigerian soccer will not progress - No constructive criticism at all. Only blame this and blame that. Yes Nigeria could have played better (what happened to Victor Moses), true some players like Yobo were not at their best however I think we can build on this and perhaps play our best players consistently as i dont believe we did.

The referee was surprisingly biased and we seemed to have been struck by Arsenals jinxed 2006/2007 shocking officiating.

We will beat Zambia and Ethiopia. I just pray non of our players visits this forum
you have said it all

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today! / Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 21st Birthday With Family & Friends / The Banyana Banyana Miracle Vs. The Super Falcons Miracle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.