Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? (24796 Views)

Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 / The Five Lessons Stephen Keshi Must Learn From Nigeria's Draw With Rwanda / 2010 Nations Cup Nigeria Draw Egypt: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by chudyboy05(m): 6:21am On Jan 22, 2013
I blamed the ganja and weeds i was smoking all through the nights; not my business and it won't stop me from taking my three square mile a day.

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by maybel(m): 6:22am On Jan 22, 2013
bennyraz: I thank God for this forum..

1. I'm very angry with the centre referee. I think he was bias and he favored Burkinafaso more. The fouls our boys committed were similar to fouls the faso boys committed yet we got yellow cards for ours while they got nothing..

2. I blame joseph yobo because he's not a fighter. When he saw what the referee was doing, he was meant to protest! I think they should emulate Barcelona players in this.. When next they bring any player down, the whole team should surround the referee to complain! That i didn't see. Yobo was so lose with the ball, he did not lift the spirit of the team when they needed gingering rather he was poor

3. I blame ike uche cuz he's not a clinical striker! Two clear chances and the only thing he could think was to send the ball to the sky. If Emenike had those chances, he would have taking it.

4. I blame stephen keshi, cuz he kept quite at the sidelines.. He has low technical capabilities! He couldn't make the right changes. I expected Emenike to play all through. And again, he did not pass instruction to his team to hold on to the ball for the remaining few minutes.

Nairalander's, who do you blame?
Honestly,i think u're right to mention d fact that d referee was biased. Rules shouldn't be bent. In d same vein,Yobo is too weak to lead that team and a ship without a sailor could sink. He didnt charge the referee, instead it was Mikel who complained. This is not good 4 our football.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Greatken007(m): 6:26am On Jan 22, 2013
Who blamed you when u fail to pass WAEC after 3 attempt and JAMB 5 attempt yet to study 4 year course?Pls answer me fast fast
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 22, 2013
I blame this guy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by jofech: 7:04am On Jan 22, 2013
Nobody mentions the fact that this is the same way that the Super Eagles allowed Guinea to score a similar late goal in the last Nations Cup qualifiers. I wonder how many more times our Eagles (they are not Super anymore) will subject us all to this anguish very late in matches. First, the team lacks tactical discipline and organization. Leading 1-0 with a couple of minutes to go only means one thing to an organized team:simply hold the ball, pass it around, go to the corner flag and hold the ball there for as long as you can. Eagles failed to do this. Why not start Ike uche and emenike same time? They will be dynamite. Yobo's captaincy should be reviewed because he is too docile. Keshi should communicate more to his players during matches.we still can qualify.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 22, 2013
Echejile was terrible,Ambrose was awful,d ref was against us.Keshi shouldn't av taken off Emenike.I wonder y everyone is blamin Yobo.Didn't U̶̲̥̅̊ all see how awful Echejile and efe was? Yobo was busy cleaning they shit.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by aquabeing: 7:16am On Jan 22, 2013
As long as the technical crew can tell us these are the best set of players we can assemble,then put the blame on them.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by zikclassiq(m): 7:16am On Jan 22, 2013
jofech: Nobody mentions the fact that this is the same way that the Super Eagles allowed Guinea to score a similar late goal in the last Nations Cup qualifiers. I wonder how many more times our Eagles (they are not Super anymore) will subject us all to this anguish very late in matches. First, the team lacks tactical discipline and organization. Leading 1-0 with a couple of minutes to go only means one thing to an organized team:simply hold the ball, pass it around, go to the corner flag and hold the ball there for as long as you can. Eagles failed to do this. Why not start Ike uche and emenike same time? They will be dynamite. Yobo's captaincy should be reviewed because he is too docile. Keshi should communicate more to his players during matches.we still can qualify.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by zikclassiq(m): 7:19am On Jan 22, 2013
jofech: Nobody mentions the fact that this is the same way that the Super Eagles allowed Guinea to score a similar late goal in the last Nations Cup qualifiers. I wonder how many more times our Eagles (they are not Super anymore) will subject us all to this anguish very late in matches. First, the team lacks tactical discipline and organization. Leading 1-0 with a couple of minutes to go only means one thing to an organized team:simply hold the ball, pass it around, go to the corner flag and hold the ball there for as long as you can. Eagles failed to do this. Why not start Ike uche and emenike same time? They will be dynamite. Yobo's captaincy should be reviewed because he is too docile. Keshi should communicate more to his players during matches.we still can qualify.
what hapnd 2 manutd v tottenham few days ago? Its nt dat dy lakd tactical discipln, 'dy jus playd acording 2 instructions' in keshi's words.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by mike404(m): 7:22am On Jan 22, 2013
elampiro: The mistake was that Nigeria players had the ball in the opponents corner flag area with 15 seconds to final whistle (93.45), why did they attempt to go and score? It was two Eagles against one Burkinababe in the corner area, they could have kept possession there for one minute the least. Instead they went to try and go into their 18 yard box, it a bit of inexperience and lots of carelessness.

Having said the above, Nigeria did well considering we are rebuilding. Westerhof lost his first to Algeria 5-1 in 1990, though he went on to play the final of the tournament. I saw a fast attacking Eagles today, the fist time in 15 years or more. We can build on this.
Na ABOKI nau sadsadsad
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by jofech: 7:33am On Jan 22, 2013
In the Man United vs Spurs match, the latter were at home and kept piling relentless pressure on the former's defence. Rio was at breaking point and the other defenders were exhausted too. In Nigeria vs Burkina match, there was more balance of play and we had all that was required to come out with a victory.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 22, 2013
I blame all the players (except Mikel, Emenike, and Ideye), inept coach, and the Nigerian government.... Most of the players have no business playing for Nigeria - they are heavy, slow, washed up, and they have low football IQ... A country with over 150 million people should be able to produce better footballers than those clowns... Heck, I play against better Nigerian youths in sunday football league out here... Nigeria seriously needs to get its shiit together...

Our midfield was rubbish and our defenders have to be the worst ever!!! Our defence was so bad that every time the Burkina Faso players have possession of the ball near our box, I had a feeling something terrible might happen...

Rubbish team!!
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 22, 2013
LOOK, THE MINUTE YOU HAVE A CLEARLY BIASED REFEREE THAT'S AGAINST YOUR SIDE, IT PUTS ALL SORTS OF UNWARRANTED PRESSURE ON YOUR TEAM. FROM THE 4 DUBIOUS YELLOW CARDS TO THE OUTRAGEOUS, DUBIOUS RED CARD, (and not one single card for 'perfectly clean' Burkina Faso diving cheats) YOU KNOW YOU HAVE A BATTLE ON YOUR HANDS.

OUR OFFICIALS, PLAYERS, AMD COACHES NEED TO LEARN TO REACT AGAINST BIASED, CHEATING REFEREES. THIS 'GENTLEMAN' NONSENSE MUST STOP. ONLY WHEN WE MEET FOREIGNERS WE TURN TO GENTLE LAMBS. SO 'UNDERSTANDING'.

CAN YOU IMAGINE IF THIS WAS A LOCAL DERBY NETWEEN 3SC AND RANGERS and one team got 4 yellows and a red to the other sides' nothing? THE VICTIMIZED TEAM'S FANS WOULD BE UP IN ARMS SHOUTING BLUE MURDER. ''The referee was bribed!!'' they'd scream.

BUT the minute it's Nigeria and some foreign team, WITH SOME DIRTY ARAB TERRORIST REFEREE OFFICIATING, we all turn gentle. Some even PRETENDING NOT TO NOTICE WE WERE BEING CHEATED.

What accounts for this?

What turns us so TIMID when we play internationally?
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 22, 2013
ROSSIKE: LOOK, THE MINUTE YOU HAVE A CLEARLY BIASED REFERREE, THAT'S AGAINST YOUR SIDE, IT PUTS ALL SORTS OF UNWARRANTED PRESSURE ON YOUR TEAM. FROM THE 4 DUBIOUS YELLOW CARDS TO THE RED CARD, (and not one card for 'perfectly clean' Burkina Faso diving cheats) YOU KNOW YOU HAVE A BATTLE ON YOUR HANDS. OUR OFFICIALS, PLATYERS, AMD COSACHES NEED TO LEARN TO REACT AGAINST BIASED REFS. THIS 'GENTLEMAN' NONSENSE MUST STOP. ONLY WHEN WE MEET FOREIGNERS WE TURN TO GENTLE LAMBS. SO 'UNDERSTANDING'. CAN YOU IMAGINE IF THIS WAS A LOCAL DERBY NETWEEN 3SC AND RANGERS and one team got 4 yellows and a red to the other sides' nothing? THE VICTIMIZED TEAM'S FANS BS WOULD BE UP IN ARMS SHOUTING BLUE MURDER.

BUT the minute it's Nigeria and some foreign tema, WITH SOME DIRTY ARAB TERRORIST REFEREE IN CHARGE, we all turn gentle. Some even PRETENDING NOT TO NOTICE WE WERE BEING CHEATED.

What accounts for this?

Bro, you can't blame the referee for the stupidity of your rubbish team...

Your players had possession of the ball with 15 secs to go - why didn't they keep possession of the ball at corner flag?? Nah, the washed up plonkers with zero footballing technique wanted to score another goal with one man down - who does that?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by elampiro(m): 7:44am On Jan 22, 2013
funkylarryjones: my dear it's hamstrings o! and they are found in the legs!

I know. I couldn't remember the right spelling at the time.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by pabloaimar(m): 7:46am On Jan 22, 2013
I blame inexperience on the part of our players (nosa igiebor, onazi ogenyi) for not holding on to possession @ the last two minutes of the game, while godfrey oboabuna for not clearing the ball away when he had the chance to, instead opened his leg to allow the pass through and fall to the burkinabe to drive home the equalizer from close range. One - nil would have been a fair result.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by ugoflenzy: 7:47am On Jan 22, 2013
I blame ‎​D̶̲̥̅̊ coach cos his administrative wz poor anyway I belive he has smetin fr dis match
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Oyaxindeed(m): 7:47am On Jan 22, 2013
guys did u see d poor quality of d jerseyguys did u see d poor quality of d jerseyguys did u see d poor quality of d jersey
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 22, 2013
shymexx:

Bro, you can't blame the referee for the stupidity of your rubbish team...

Your players had possession of the ball with 15 secs to go - why didn't they keep possession of the ball at corner flag?? Nah, the washed up plonkers with zero footballing technique wanted to score another goal with one man down - who does that?

USE YOUR RUBBISH BRAIN. If our players were not carded and sent off for no reason, we would NOT have been in that position in the first place.

CHEATING RUINS THE GAME. UNTIL YOU PEOPLE HAVE THE GUTS TO STAND UP TO CHEATING REFS, DON'T BLAME THE PLAYERS FOR ANYTHING. THEY WERE PUT UNDER UNWARRANTED PRESSURE BY A BIASED, CHEATING REFEREE, AND I WILL SAY IT 1,00000000 TIMES.

WE'RE VERY QUICK TO TURN AGAINST OUR OWN, THEN TURN INTO MEEK LAMBS AND SHEEP WHEN FACED WITH BARE FACED FOREIGN CHEATING.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by promzy555(m): 7:51am On Jan 22, 2013
grin
kundul: I blaame dis yeye frog
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 22, 2013
We need to accept we have a very average team,however even with ten men against eleven and a minute of extra time left our players SHOULD have kept the ball near the corner flag and ran down the clock. We did not do that but rather attempted to score-we lost the ball and the other team went down the other end and equalised with seconds to go.
It is simple elementary football tactics- if your opponent does not have the ball they can not hurt you. End of story.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by venchylogs(m): 7:58am On Jan 22, 2013
Ikechukwu Uche missed most of d chances
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by talktimi(m): 8:03am On Jan 22, 2013
bennyraz: blame nff for sacking siasia and bringing in keshi, maybe after this tourney, oliseh will take over but me wants Shuaibu Amodu grin
naa, I can't really blame the nff in this case, they actually hesitated to fire Siasia but oversabi Nigerians and sports journalists stampeded them into sacking the man and bringing in Keshi which brought us back to square one.
On paper Oliseh would have been a better/best option since he's the only coach with a uefa license but we haven't really seen him in action, he should try managing a clubside especially in a sane climate like south africa then we can assess him holistically.
Amodu ? At least he got the job done even though the football wasn't pretty.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 22, 2013
ROSSIKE:
USE YOUR RUBBISH BRAIN. If our players were not carded and sent off for no reason, we would NOT have been in that position in the first place.

CHEATING RUINS THE GAME. UNTIL YOU PEOPLE HAVE THE GUTS TO STAND UP TO CHEATING REFS, DON'T BLAME THE PLAYERS FOR ANYTHING. THEY WERE PUT UNDER UNWARRANTED PRESSURE BY A BIASED, CHEATING REFEREE, AND I WILL SAY IT 1,00000000 TIMES.

WE'RE VERY QUICK TO TURN AGAINST OUR OWN, THEN TURN INTO MEEK LAMBS AND SHEEP WHEN FACED WITH BARE FACED FOREIGN CHEATING.

Football is like life itself and you can't keep blaming everyone except yourself for your downfall... Fair enough one of our players was red carded, however, we were still one goal up and our team had possession of the football with 15 secs to go - why didn't they keep the ball?? And how come almost our players were on the Burkina Faso's side of the football field with 15 secs to go?? What were they doing there??

We need to starting taking responsibilities for our own actions - our inept players blew it, period.... Why was Emenike substituted, anyway?? He was by far the best player on the field, to be honest... We've got better players than the clowns in that team - why didn't the coach select them?? Taye Taiwo is far better than the mouth-breathing clown who played left back for us.... Yobo needs to retire!! And Anichebe should also have been selected!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 22, 2013
What happened to our olympics football team that got to the finals in Greece??

Nigeria sucks!!
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by mostgood1(m): 8:19am On Jan 22, 2013
I personally blame the technical crew for the draw, Nigeria playing with one man down and the time left ,no Nigerian player supposed to pass the center line. what they should have done was to defend and kill the time by holding the ball, not to fight for another goal.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by kolokolobi(m): 8:20am On Jan 22, 2013
Football 101 with one man down you have a one goal lead you shut down the game 10 mins to the end. Defend and run down the clock. If it was any of the north african teams you would have seen them give a lesSon on this kind of tactic. For national team players not to know this basic means we have not started.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Toktee(m): 8:21am On Jan 22, 2013
Diz is a clear case of flopy defence and poor attacking force the midfield waz ok,rewind to the attempts made by uche apart frm him who made attempt,nigeria iz curse i swear,we need to use all our leaders for a human sacrifice to God maybe he will 4give cos the prayer is nt working.
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 22, 2013
talktimi: naa, I can't really blame the nff in this case, they actually hesitated to fire Siasia but oversabi Nigerians and sports journalists stampeded them into sacking the man and bringing in Keshi which brought us back to square one.
On paper Oliseh would have been a better/best option since he's the only coach with a uefa license but we haven't really seen him in action, he should try managing a clubside especially in a sane climate like south africa then we can assess him holistically.
Amodu ? At least he got the job done even though the football wasn't pretty.
getting the job done is the most important thing even if the play isn't good. Amodu did just that.The only problem we had was, Amodu in his style, sits quitely on the coach's bench and start to chew kolanut.. He would sit all through the match and We never wanted this. In fact, i expected Amokachi to pass out instruction yesterday but he kept mute.. Atleast we know Amokachi is a football pundit or didn't he see what his boys were playing? Or was the syndrome of easy to talk hard to do working against him?
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by talktimi(m): 8:36am On Jan 22, 2013
"We have a captain who is most capped in the team but I don't think he is the smartest" Mitchel Obi sports analyst on AIT grin
Re: Nigeria's Draw Against Burkina-Faso, Who Do You Blame? by pak: 8:37am On Jan 22, 2013
bennyraz: getting the job done is the most important thing even if the play isn't good. Amodu did just that.The only problem we had was, Amodu in his style, sits quitely on the coach's bench and start to chew kolanut.. He would sit all through the match and We never wanted this. In fact, i expected Amokachi to pass out instruction yesterday but he kept mute.. Atleast we know Amokachi is a football pundit or didn't he see what his boys were playing? Or was the syndrome of easy to talk hard to do working against him?

were !!!!! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 39th Birthday Today! / Alex Iwobi Celebrates His 21st Birthday With Family & Friends / The Banyana Banyana Miracle Vs. The Super Falcons Miracle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.