Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,000 members, 7,810,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football (22902 Views)

Senegal Vs Burkina Fasso All African Games Final / Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders / f (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
No one watch that EPL of a thing in Egypt...they watch the spanish and their local league......lived there

musKeeto: Blame the NPL, not the EPL...
Isn't the EPL popular in Egypt? Or even Zambia?

Would the Ivoriens, whose team is made up of good quality EPL players, also complain about the influence of the EPL?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Afam4eva(m): 8:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
This is what i was telling coogar. Our style of play used to be modelled after the romanticizing football of the ducth and latin America. Now, we play the kick and follow football that is played in the premiership.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by nedra: 8:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
Only a dumbass will blame d epl for nigerian failure. Also try blaming boko haram menace and price of fuel on england. U forget dat it takes commitmnt, dedication and talent to win games not a bunch of unimproved players like yobo and mikel especially yobo who was so giulty of givin d ball away countless times to d opponent.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by RedLight1: 8:39pm On Jan 22, 2013
nedra: Only a dumbass will blame d epl for nigerian failure. Also try blaming boko haram menace and price of fuel on england. U forget dat it takes commitmnt, dedication and talent to win games not a bunch of unimproved players like yobo and mikel especially yobo who was so giulty of givin d ball away countless times to d opponent.
i bet u didnt read what he wrote before making this comment

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by justwise(m): 8:39pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

lololol

I can't believe that some people have the gut to blame premier league, who invented football to start with?

Nigeria always get the wrong end of every good thing, Christianity is un-African but we used it to defraud people but we don't blame the white man for bringing Christianity to Africa, use Internet for all dubious activities but we never blame the white man for inventing Internet.

Premier league destroyed 'our' football indeed.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by vision2050: 8:39pm On Jan 22, 2013
when last did English footballer won ballondor? the only person that came close (recently) is Frank Lampard. They only sabi long range passess but to say the fact they are far better than African players. Show me african best XI and i will show you only English worst XI( not europe) that will defeat the so called AB'XI.... Gej administration have not yeild any positive, pls. dont cruxify me Gej dogs
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Afam4eva(m): 8:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
justwise:

I can't believe that some people have the gut to blame premier league, who invented football to start with?

Nigeria always get the wrong end of every good thing, Christianity is un-African but we used it to defraud people but we don't blame the white man for bringing Christianity to Africa, use Internet for all dubious activities but we never blame the white man for inventing Internet.

Premier league destroyed 'our' football indeed.
So, because they invented football, we should keep playing like them? Football has evolved over the the years.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by samfibby(m): 8:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
Oviously op has a long history of hatred 4 the EPL. All wetin me i know be say UP CHELSEA!!!, UP ARSNAL, UP MAN U. Op, go and embrace transformer.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by justwise(m): 8:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
So, because they invented football, we should keep playing like them? Football has evolved over the the years.

Can you tell me Nigerian original style of play?
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Zet72(m): 8:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
who be that ode, keep blaming epl, instead of npl that have fail to produce quality players for the national teams . mumu
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
[/color][color=#000000]England the land of the world's best and most brilliant advertisers, but its worst footballers. Seconded bro. And that's why they won't be able to achieve what spain n brazil has achieved even in d next 200 yrs, except if brazil and spain footballers decided to play for dem. Imagine last year fifa pro 11, epl players wasn't included. Anyway na dem sabi.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
i don't give a fvck
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by RedLight1: 8:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
abi o .... how did we even know they invented the game since english were known to traveling around to copy other peoples culture to perfect their own

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
colly227: No one watch that EPL of a thing in Egypt...they watch the spanish and their local league......lived there

Thanks for the correction. I know lots of Egyptians where I currently reside (not Egypt), and they're huge fans of the EPL. Not doubting your claims though, might not be as popular as I thought in Egypt..
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by RedLight1: 8:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
justwise:

Can you tell me Nigerian original style of play?
go and watch usa 94

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by oluplus(m): 8:46pm On Jan 22, 2013
@OP I disagree. Playing in EPL has nothing to do wt our woeful performance. How many of our boys that played yesterday are EPL players?. Only mikel, I think. The problem is individual problems. We don't have gud players. Even if they play La liga, seria A or Bundesliga. Those guys are average players and are not better than their colleagues in Kano pillars and Sunshine star. My opinion.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by GUNSLINGER: 8:47pm On Jan 22, 2013
Red-Light:
ho i see .... that just affirm my assertion .... another lowlife riff Raff ranting ..... what a national disgrace

Ur level of stupidity and shallow thinking has rendered me speechless. So u agree wit da buffoon who posted diz. Be thankful dat slavery is over, i would have exchange you for a bag of SHIIT and HIV from da white man cuz ur level of reasoning smells more and kills quickly than the two. U child of BOKO. grin angry cheesy grin angry grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by JMystique(m): 8:47pm On Jan 22, 2013
So what your trying to say is,the EPL became the most exciting and most watched league in the world by playing rubbish,while our NPL with all our our skills,dribbling and through passes remains dead,stagnated and useless.Hw many EPL players were even on the pitch yesterday?So hw about Cote d'Ivoire and ghana whose teams are composed mostly EPL and foreign based players...I knw ur trying to sound intelligent or something but what you've jst written makes no sense @ all oP,hw dumb shit lyk ds make FP we'll never know
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by justwise(m): 8:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
Red-Light:
go and watch usa 94

Oh really? Was Daniel Amokachi not part of the team that won the cup then? Daniel Amokachi was playing for Everton at that time. Everton is an English Premier league team. Right?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by jpphilips(m): 8:49pm On Jan 22, 2013
engineerd: LMFAO...A bunch of sore losers! Blame it on the EPL...how convenient? You have a bunch of players that have no sense of patriotism to a hopeless nation and rightfully so! A nation where nothing is ever planned and order/organization is an alien culture. They expect and believe in Miracles and hope without putting all the necessary effort and requirements into achieving a goal! I dare say you can blame it on the PIGMENT!!!!

corrupt non living things that use nepotism to select players want to get the best result? what a wish

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by neversaynever(m): 8:50pm On Jan 22, 2013
GOZILLA: Op, ur points are useless. Seriously can you sit down and watch athletic bilboa and hercules play? Spanish league is boring abeg! Or why did u think the whole world comes to a standstill when barca and R.madrid play? Its because those are the teams that matter in that league. Blame the NFF for their inability to package our league not the EPL!

Baseless point, how can you choose a 'ath. bilbao vs hercules' as a reference to the topic, every league has its average team, even laliga & EPL, but remember that this same Athletic bilbao humiliated Man. United last season, so if the world stands still for El-classico, it's because they're the best two teams in the world, you're obviously an EPL fan. Truth be told, spain has revolutionalised football over the last 6years, that's why they're world/european champions & produce the best coaches & players.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 22, 2013
Zet72: who be that ode, keep blaming epl, instead of npl that have fail to produce quality players for the national teams . mumu
.. Guy this is a faceless forum, u aren't here to be callin someone mumu cus he said d facts. And if u don't agree to his own opinion go and creats ur own threads.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Ejine(m): 9:00pm On Jan 22, 2013
justwise:

Oga Justwise, na GREECE invent the 'game' of football o. And have you seen their terrible outings in tournaments?
So you see, that line of argument doesn't really count.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by GUNSLINGER: 9:00pm On Jan 22, 2013
justwise:

Oh really? Was Daniel Amokachi not part of the team that won the cup then? Daniel Amokachi was playing for Everton at that time. Everton is an English Premier league team. Right?

Don't mind him dat guy wuz born on a generator.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 22, 2013
vizboy: thunder shoot you for these comment

let me stoop down to ur level for a sec! Thunder shoot your mother and your whole family!
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by justwise(m): 9:05pm On Jan 22, 2013
Ejiné:

Oga Justwise, na GREECE invent the 'game' of football o. And have you seen their terrible outings in tournaments?
So you see, that line of argument doesn't really count.

Greece invented what?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by RedLight1: 9:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
solomon111: Actually according to caf,Nigeria is the second most successful african nation in football.
First position goes to cameroon,i think.
just ignore that fool .... he is only displaying gaynian stupidity to the world ... they are known to be their world most stupiddd people ...its in the blood to show stupidity grin grin
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by RedLight1: 9:07pm On Jan 22, 2013
justwise:

Greece invented what?
can u proof the english invented football?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Arteta Says He "Does Not Understand The Rules" After VAR Sent Off Arsenal Player / Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria / Osimhen Nets Seventh Serie A Goal As Napoli Leapfrog Juventus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.