Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football (22903 Views)

Senegal Vs Burkina Fasso All African Games Final / Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders / f (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 22, 2013
some pple were sent to school to acqire knowledge and provide solution to national problems, but what happened? instead these folks came out with a plethora of degrees in abusive science and insultology, i think its hard time these guys are awarded national honours in this regard coz they have greatly excelled in their choosen art

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by bejay1(m): 9:12pm On Jan 22, 2013
executinal: @Op i quite agree with you based on your analysis. Well i think our major setback in football has to do with the wrong people at the ministry of sport. I remember this last minister or so who suppose to be minister of housing or whatever, but ended up being minister of sport by name Engr Isah Ndanusa.

How do you expect an Engr that knows nothing about football and handle any change in that position? Our major problem in Nigeria is tribalism, there are allot of qualified and capable hands out there who can transform Nigeria football / sport into world class competition, but who will bail the cat?

How many Egyptian footballers do you hear their name playing in England or Spain? they prefer to play in their country because it is well organise and they dominate in African football, they pay their players well in their local league, the pitch is standard. Same thing applicable to South Africa.

I can still remember far back when we were in secondary school, we organise inter house competition and the aim is to get the best candidate for various section of sport. We start from the LG levels to state level and finally to federal level and final selection is made to represent Naija to major competition within Africa and other continents.

We have our tradition of football, but trust Naija copy copy always. Sia sia could have still do better if Nigeria were patient enough for the guy. Keshi don't have basic coaching skills compare to Sia Sia (my opinion ooh).

Solution put the right person in that position he will transform Nigeria football and league to international standard.
Well said
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by justwise(m): 9:13pm On Jan 22, 2013
Red-Light:
can u proof the english invented football?

Now you are shifting to invention? When Kanu won the best African footballer of the year where was him playing? Yaya Toure, Drogba and many more made their names playing in the same premier league

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by GOZILLA(m): 9:13pm On Jan 22, 2013
never_say_never:

Baseless point, how can you choose a 'ath. bilbao vs hercules' as a reference to the topic, every league has its average team, even laliga & EPL, but remember that this same Athletic bilbao humiliated Man. United last season, so if the world stands still for El-classico, it's because they're the best two teams in the world, you're obviously an EPL fan. Truth be told, spain has revolutionalised football over the last 6years, that's why they're world/european champions & produce the best coaches & players.
make una no worry. This is spain's time to shine. We will see where they will be in the next six years. My broda, if spanish league is the best,why is their national team made up of more than half of barca and R.madrid players? If a league can only boast of two strong teams,what does that tell you about the league?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by coogar: 9:16pm On Jan 22, 2013
people blaming the premier league need to get a life.....

the sports ministry should take all the blame for poor organization, epileptic management and the strangulation of the football league. england did not force nigeria to watch the premier league....other african countries like ghana and ivory coast even have more players in england than nigeria so what's the excuse?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by clockwise(m): 9:16pm On Jan 22, 2013
in as much i would concur with dis ur write-up, i also think something but be said. d english league is 1 of d best league in d world in which players playing there shouldbe beter of dier counterparts. nigerian league is nthing to write home about.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by RedLight1: 9:17pm On Jan 22, 2013
solomon111: Besides,have ghana ever won the Africa women championship before?
I think not.
not even Olympic .... they thought football revolves round afcon ..... Nigeria already won Olympic and came second twice .... they won female afcon record of five times which these ugly gaynians monkeys can only dream off... they won under 17 world cup record four times and came second 3 times (highest winner) came second twice in the under 20 world cup ... yet the mofos still talk rubbish becos they must talk and they wanna compete with nigeria in their inferiority ...the only country with good record when it comes to football in africa is cameroon ...gayna is no where close

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
Red-Light:
slowpoke ...the dude is a gaynian trying to make u look stupidd ...and here u are showing the world that u are stupidd smh
i dont care if he is a lezb!an, the OP statements are incredulous to say the least.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by semid4lyfe(m): 9:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
For the records, Daniel Amokachi was playing for FC Brugge in Belgium as at the time we won the AFCON in 94.

It was after the World Cup that he moved to Everton.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Kikijan: 9:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
Red-Light:
not even Olympic .... they thought football revolves round afcon ..... Nigeria already won Olympic and came second twice .... they won female afcon record of five times which these ugly gaynians monkeys can only dream off... they won under 17 world cup record four times and came second 3 times (highest winner) came second twice in the under 20 world cup ... yet the mofos still talk rubbish becos they must talk and they wanna compete with nigeria in their inferiority ...the only country with good record when it comes to football in africa is cameroon ...gayna is no where close

Are you a retarrd or what?

Who cares about olympics soccer? How many real star players show up in olympics soccer?
Btw, Nigeria all along has been cheating in fielding old men to play under 17 games and since they started testing for age where has Nigeria reached?

You are not seen when it really counts, so fck off.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by RedLight1: 9:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
justwise:

Now you are shifting to invention? When Kanu won the best African footballer of the year where was him playing? Yaya Toure, Drogba and many more made their names playing in the same premier league
first ...kanu is not the first Nigerian player to win best player in africa ... rashidi yekini is first in 1993 and he was playing for Vitória de Setúbal (portugese club. which wasnt against my post when i said u should go and watch usa 94 .... most of the 94 guys won something in africa in-terms of awards and recognitions and most of them plays in local league and other leagues in africa and Europe.... and to ur invention, i will repeat my question,. can u proof that the english invent football?
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
Mr_TA: Another pathetic way to blame everyone else but us. Pathetic. Ghanaians and Ivorians don't watch or have players in the premier league. Zambians don't watch premier league?

Morons.
Where is drogba, kalou, gervinho from? Guess china
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by vizboy(m): 9:38pm On Jan 22, 2013
Which MOD hide my post. No let me swear for you oh

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
vizboy: Which MOD hide my post. No let me swear for you oh

The MODs hide dumb and inconsequential posts! So go figure!
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by RedLight1: 9:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
Kikijan:

Who cares about olympics soccer? How many real star players show up in olympics soccer?
Btw Nigeria all along has been cheating in fielding old men to play under 17 games and since they started testing for age where has Nigeria reached?

first u are stupidd beyond repair and ur stupiiddity amaze me

2nd .... how can anyone in his right senses says How many real star players show up in olympics soccer? this is the most ridiculous question ever...(lemme school u a little may be u will stack some intelligence into ur dumb brain.... first olympic is the 2nd best trophy in the world after the world cup) olympic is the tournament to presente ur best players and future pottential players..( great players like maradona, ronaldo, bebeto, ronaldinho , kanu, rivaldo, okocha, etoo etc all shined in the Olympic) those are players in the recent history... no gaynian player can even come close ... the best gaynian player in the recent history is essien that cannot even win best player in africa grin

by the way shey na we spoil ur life say make u no fit field ur old men to win under 17 for u ..ode

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by drlaykay(m): 9:41pm On Jan 22, 2013
Red-Light:
u see ... u just comfirmed what d poster wrote with the bolded part ... how many game or competition has england won with their most advertised league despite having most of their well marketed players in the same league ....
Bro ,what are u saying?
My claim is very simple.can u have a team as strong as manchester united and complain dat super eagles is bad?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by vislabraye(m): 9:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
Op. You talk like a novice. If a prem club gives you a better offer, won't you go for it? You sound like an enemy of progress if you think the players should not go for a better contract.
BTW is it only in EPL you find African players? How many of our players feature in the EPL?
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by vizboy(m): 9:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
Kikijan:

Btw, Nigeria all along has been cheating in fielding old men to play under 17 games and since they started testing for age where has Nigeria reached?

hey you trying to show high level of stupidity or are you looking for attention
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Cetezin: 9:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
OP Dont use personal opinion to decide which league is better. Your personal opinions are not facts. Dont force your opinion on others. You may not like it but the facts are that the epl is the most watched league. People who watched it are not fools they watch it because it is entertaining, even if it is not entertaining to you.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by kcjazz(m): 9:45pm On Jan 22, 2013
Blaming the EPL for Nigeria's footbal failures is like blaming car invention for road accidents.
How many players in yesterday's team play in the EPL and how does watching EPL translate to the field?

The truth is we have not produced enough players in the past 7 years compared to the years before.
We/NFF lack a football identity
And of course our league needs to work starting with having a Championship winning team based in Lagos.

Until then, the easiest option is to play any style apart from Spain. We just don't have the talent don't kid yourself.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Kikijan: 9:50pm On Jan 22, 2013
Red-Light:
first u are stupidd beyond repair and ur stupiiddity amaze me

2nd .... how can anyone in his right senses says How many real star players show up in olympics soccer? this is the most ridiculous question ever...(lemme school u a little may be u will stack some intelligence into ur dumb brain.... first olympic is the 2nd best trophy in the world after the world cup) olympic is the tournament to presente ur best players and future pottential players..( great players like maradona, ronaldo, bebeto, ronaldinho , kanu, rivaldo, okocha, etoo etc all shined in the Olympic) those are players in the recent history... no gaynian player can even come close ... the best gaynian player in the recent history is essien that cannot even win best player in africa grin

by the way shey na we spoil ur life say make u no fit field ur old men to win under 17 for u ..ode

I don't know when you were born. Looks like I'm talking to a small boy here.
You don't seem to comprehend the import of anything I'm saying and hence would not waste my time with a retarrd like you.
You are really dumb or very naive.

The best Ghanaian player in recent history is Essien eh? You are certainly a retarrd and stuppid to boot.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Aderemicharles(m): 9:51pm On Jan 22, 2013
Forget GARALD style of play. How many of our BOYZ play in ENGLISH league. Wat is killing 9ja game is the politics involve. We refuse to pick the rite persons to represent 9ja becos of the selfish mind of WHO Do U Know, or na my person play him. ARE dere not other player in dis same league dat play well in dere respective countries.THE like of MAKALELE, THIERY HENRY, RONALDO, YAYA TOURE,DROGBA and d rest played in dis same league and dey do well wen dey are representing dere countries. WAT A NONSENSE IS 9JA FA saying.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by RedLight1: 9:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
Kikijan:

I don't know when you were born. Looks like I'm talking to a small boy here.
You don't seem to comprehend the import of anything I'm saying and hence would not waste my time with a retarrd like you.
You are really dumb or very naive.

The best Ghanaian player in recent history is Essien eh? You are certainly a retarrd and stuppid to boot.
mor0n ... have exposed ur stupidity .... by the way ... any known gaynian player before essien? opps i forgot most of them (ur past great footballers) were selling pof pof, while some were cobblers and some petty thieves in nigeria before they were deported back to gayna in ghana must go bag grin grin stupidd he=goat grin grin
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 22, 2013
Nigerians, always lookin for somethin to blame for their failures chai. cry
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by TheViper(m): 10:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
@Op, what has EPL got to do with Nigeria football? Gosh!! I think you have a problem with the EPL. Countries like Egypt, Cameroon, Ghana, Zambia etc. watch EPL, but they still won trophies with their own styles. Determination, good talents, right selection, right coaching and good management are key to success in football. Just take a look at how the Super Eagles set-up is; the players have no determination, poor talented players are selected due to sentiment and corruption, and the coaching style is not something to admire. If you watched yesterday match, analyze it very well and you will understand what I'm talking about.

If you say the super eagles played good football in 2004 in Tunisia, then some of the key players in that squad were playing in the EPL. Okocha, Kanu, Yobo, Babayero, Okoronkwo, and Yakubu. But only Mikel and Moses are from the EPL in this current squad. Look at what Uche did yesterday, was it the EPL that asked him to shoot wide? If you want to point fingers, point it to the NFF, the coaching crew and the players.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by Akiika: 10:15pm On Jan 22, 2013
Ah ah ah! what an unintelligent analysis!
So EPL did not affect us when ALMOST half of the squad (Okocha, Kanu, Yobo, Babayero, Okoronkwo, and Yakubu) that won AFCON in 200 playED in EPL?
Follow this siimple rule: THINK before you TYPE, not the other way around!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Arteta Says He "Does Not Understand The Rules" After VAR Sent Off Arsenal Player / Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria / Osimhen Nets Seventh Serie A Goal As Napoli Leapfrog Juventus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.