Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football (22904 Views)

Senegal Vs Burkina Fasso All African Games Final / Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders / f (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:57am On Jan 28, 2013
coogar:

just because you passed out from university of ibadan would not make you as gifted as wole soyinka. george best/bobby charlton went to the same united academy that graduated o'shea and kieran richardson.

so what are you insinuating when you threw in the madrid academy angle? why didn't he make it at madrid especially when he's from spain? he didn't make it because he's not good enough - simple! go and watch the manchester derby again(the community shield) and the last one at the etihad and watch how cleverley destroyed yaya toure in the midfield!

why are you bringing up an example i already spoke about......
it was still 3-4-3......guardiola had cesc at the tip of the 3-man midfield - cesc is not a striker, he's an attacking midfielder so formation was still 3-4-3 or at best 3-3-1-3 cos cesc operated in the hole!

Now you know more than the person analyzing the match. Please Mr I too know. There is nothing you can say to change the fact that he played the formation. You didn't speak about it. You tried to paint it as if he didn't try the formation in that game.

Didn't you here about the match Anderson destroyed Fabregas? Does that make Anderson better than Fabregas?
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by coogar: 12:59am On Jan 28, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: @coogar. You know he played the formation but you are trying to make it look like he didn't. What do you mean by semblance. Please I am tired of your ranting. By the way keep in your head that you said Clevely is a better midfielder than Javi Garcia. You also said Javi Garcia is plank congrats.

i would have accepted 3-3-4 if he had another striker alongside messi in that role. but cesc was the closest player to messi - how is that 3-3-4 for feck's sake?
when did fabregas become a centre forward?
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by coogar: 1:04am On Jan 28, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Now you know more than the person analyzing the match. Please Mr I too know. There is nothing you can say to change the fact that he played the formation. You didn't speak about it. You tried to paint it as if he didn't try the formation in that game.
Didn't you here about the match Anderson destroyed Fabregas? Does that make Anderson better than Fabregas?

cleverley has faced only toure twice and he destroyed him twice. anderson/cesc was in a one-off game and the game wasn't even a do or die affair like the manchester derby where city was desperate to win. the dude analysing the match even said it could be interpreted as 3-4-3 which i am sure it's the correct formation!

yes, i spoke about it here....you even quoted it but you are too blind to read!

i followed guardiola at barca - he stuck to 4-3-3 for a long time and then experimented with 3-4-3. the only time he played the 3-4-3(diamond) formation was against milan - that had a semblance of 3-3-4 but fabregas is an attacking midfielder in that game operating at the tip of the other 3 midfielders. the formation did not work as barca nearly lost and guardiola never repeated the formation again till he resigned!
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:08am On Jan 28, 2013
coogar:

i would have accepted 3-3-4 if he had another striker alongside messi in that role. but cesc was the closest player to messi - how is that 3-3-4 for feck's sake?
when did fabregas become a centre forward?

Why are you asking? I thought you know it all. Having a particular type of player on the pitch doesn't mean that it dictates the formation. When he played Messi as a false 9, was Messi normally known as a striker?

You can't deny the fact he played the formation or can you deny that he played over 7 formations through out his career. Why make a statement like he stuck with his 3-4-3 formation when you are not sure.

By the way, I thought you said Cleverly is better than Javi Garcia (the genius from Benfica) grin grin grin grin grin. Don't worry. Let time keep rolling. wink

Guardiola fan who studies Guardiola more than Ferguson. Yet he thinks direct football is the best strategy and 4-4-2 is the most attacking formation.

I throw way salute. grin
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:10am On Jan 28, 2013
coogar:

cleverley has faced only toure twice and he destroyed him twice. anderson/cesc was in a one-off game and the game wasn't even a do or die affair like the manchester derby where city was desperate to win. the dude analysing the match even said it could be interpreted as 3-4-3 which i am sure it's the correct formation!

yes, i spoke about it here....you even quoted it but you are too blind to read!

Anderson outclassed Fabregas in two games please. The first game was in the EPL. I can't really remember the scores. Later he outclassed Stephen Gerard. The next time was in the Carling Cup match that Ronaldo, Tevez, Nani, Anderson, I think Rafael and Fabio also played that game. It ended 4-1. It was the match Nani did the seal dribble with the ball on his head on Hoyte. Adebayor came in and scored.

Please no too much ranting. You said Cleverly is better than Javi Garcia. No stress. You also said Javi Garcia is plank. Fantastic. Let the season go on. wink
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by coogar: 1:24am On Jan 28, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Why are you asking? I thought you know it all. Having a particular type of player on the pitch doesn't mean that it dictates the formation. When he played Messi as a false 9, was Messi normally known as a striker?

You can't deny the fact he played the formation or can you deny that he played over 7 formations through out his career. Why make a statement like he stuck with his 3-4-3 formation when you are not sure.

By the way, I thought you said Cleverly is better than Javi Garcia (the genius from Benfica) grin grin grin grin grin. Don't worry. Let time keep rolling. wink

Guardiola fan who studies Guardiola more than Ferguson. Yet he thinks direct football is the best strategy and 4-4-2 is the most attacking formation.

I throw way salute. grin

direct football is the best strategy.....
you need artists/technicians to work with tiki-taka. in the english league, no team can survive with tiki-taka......we all saw how chelsea always proved to be so difficult for barcelona's tiki-taka. if they are both in the same league chasing a title, barcelona would drop points!

javi garcia is a super plank - i don't even reckon with him!
who does he scare? tom cleverley was just breezing past him like he wasn't there......he's inert - zero movement when defending. agile and nimble players are the antidote of players like garcia. i hope he plays in the next manchester derby.
Re: Nigeria V Burkina Fasso - The Premier League Has Destroyed Our Football by tck2000(m): 5:13pm On May 31, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Arteta Says He "Does Not Understand The Rules" After VAR Sent Off Arsenal Player / Basketball: Liz Cambage Says She's In Talks To Represent Nigeria / Osimhen Nets Seventh Serie A Goal As Napoli Leapfrog Juventus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.