Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. (20279 Views)

Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Top Ten Signs You're An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 26, 2013
Damon03: Naughty lady? *Sigh* U dont av to lie, bt I'm nt really surprised

It's NL bot's way of translating bit.ch
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Boomark(m): 7:11pm On Jan 26, 2013
Why i want to write this is because it was just precise and concerning #9 which i just saw today.

I was down not that happy today, but i tried to ignore everything that is making me unhappy and was praising God. I went and hunt for cashew because am in one village like that not my village o.

When i returned from hunting, i laid on my bed and was thinking of how badly i needed light. To see replies to my posts and read some other things because it will make me somewhat happy and busy.

Then i heard a voice say to me, "go and bath. Immediately after bathing you will see light." i didn't think of doubting or not to doubt.

It happened that immediately i finished taking my bath, i looked into our kitchen and saw light, it was at that same time, that a boy in our neighbourhood shouted "up Nepa."

All things worketh for the good of those that serve Him.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by UyiIredia(m): 7:22pm On Jan 26, 2013
Actually most, if not all, of what cyrexx listed doesn't accurately describe my stance on Christianity. Yet I still consider myself a Christian.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 26, 2013
undecided
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 26, 2013
musKeeto: undecided
Did Fxking2012 really say that?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 26, 2013
Reyginus: Did Fxking2012 really say that?
Lol, yeah.. Check his 'tattoos are evil' thread...
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 26, 2013
musKeeto:
Okay. That was really harsh. Let me go through the thread.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 26, 2013
I can't find it. Like the thread has been locked.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 26, 2013
Reyginus: I can't find it. Like the thread has been locked.
Go to his profile. Check his topics. You'd see one 'tatoos on the body is evil' or something like that..
It's not locked, I commented on it a few minutes ago...
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by wiegraf: 9:33pm On Jan 26, 2013
musKeeto:

Oh good @deity, lol. Usual trouble in paradise or more? I suppose I should read the thread...lemme try...
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by silat(f): 10:48pm On Jan 26, 2013
Antichrists are here already!

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 26, 2013
silat: Antichrists are here already!

Epic fail.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Bella3(f): 10:59pm On Jan 26, 2013
silat: Antichrists are here already!
I am specialy inviting you to the religious section to meet more antichristsgrin
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by SELFWORTH: 12:47am On Jan 27, 2013
Logicboy03:

The statement in bold is a lie. We have had cases of parents throwing their teenagers on the street because they refuse to believe in God. We have christians treating people who dont believe in god as devil worshippers etc.

Furthermore, christianity does not guaranty a stable family

First off, it supports misogyny;
Sexism/misogyny
women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says.
(1 Corinthians 14;34)

Secondly, in America, christians have a higher divorce rate

www.nairaland.com/attachments/733534_divorce_religion_png81c89aa5abf7c69de9d4543c55a864a0

Who is this HATER of Christ?

There is no controversy , Jesus is and forever will be Lord.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by SELFWORTH: 12:53am On Jan 27, 2013
Oluwaadajo:

God is who He is whether you acknowledge Him or not.

The mistake people make is they try and prove His existence using the knowledge of the world. No one and I mean no one can unravel or understand the mystery of God.

Stop wasting your time .

Brilliant.

No further Comment.

When all these Haters of Christ close their eyes in death, they will know who God is but then it will be too late for them.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:20am On Jan 27, 2013
A christian is only d one that hear d word of God & obey it.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by calaharry: 11:07am On Jan 27, 2013
Most atheists are hypocrites fools, waiting till their dying day in bed to confess and convert to christianity. But some of them arent that lucky and exclude themselves from Heavenly candidacy.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by calaharry: 11:12am On Jan 27, 2013
calaharry: Most atheists are hypocrites fools, waiting till their dying day in bed to confess and convert to christianity. But some of them arent that lucky and exclude themselves from Heavenly candidacy.
. Christianity is life in the invisible God. Just look at the air we breathe worldwide daily is more than enough proof that God exist in His Supremacy.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by calaharry: 11:13am On Jan 27, 2013
calaharry: . Christianity is life in the invisible God. Just look at the air we breathe worldwide daily is more than enough proof that God exist in His Supremacy.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by mko2005: 12:13pm On Jan 27, 2013
Logicboy03:

I would like to know how Jesus forgave you of your sins. How you got forgiveness from Jesus for stealing meat from the pot of soup without apologising to your mom.

Jesus didnt save anybody. The guy couldnt save himself. He died like a fowl on the cross. The smartest person in that situation was the other crucified robber who asked Jesus to save himself.
Christianity isn't a theological debate or explanation,neither is it about logic ! But i tell you,you can't stop thinking about that MAN JESUS the SON of the most HIGH GOD !
God help us all
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by viktor556(m): 12:28pm On Jan 27, 2013
aletheia:
So you actually think Christians know a lot less than many atheists about the Bible &c? I believe you flatter yourself. You know nothing about God's purposes. And yes, unless you believe that Jesus is He, you will die.
so does xtians don't die??
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by mko2005: 12:38pm On Jan 27, 2013
omonuan:

So any body that said that Romans started Christianity is not wrong because they started Christianity as we know it. Christ was a Jew not a Christian.
If u understand what the word Christianity means u will not say ''Christ was a jew not a christian''! How can christ be a christian when the meaning of Christianity is the believe and teachings of christ HIMSELF !If you are seen doing or speaking like christ then you can be called a christian.
Who said Constantine started Christianity ? Was constantine with the disciples at Antioch wen the word christian was first used ?
Acts 11:26-''and when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. For a whole year they met with the church and taught a great many people. And in Antioch the disciples were first called Christians.''
Christianity is not about theological debates or logic and philosophical explanations.1 Corinthians 2:14-''The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.''
May God help us all
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by mko2005: 12:52pm On Jan 27, 2013
omonuan:

Do you know that Mary Magdalene and Thomas had Gospels? At the conference many other gospels were burnt because they did not fit into the agenda.
There is even the gospel of guru maharaji ! But because there is a gospel called 'gospel of guru Maharaji' we should call it the word of God and add it to the bible right ? Go back to ur history and see again that we have so many books written by different people(not even in the first century,not written by the people who bare the tittle of the books) just to contradict the word of God. God is God and HE never allowed any of such things to happen. But if you are interested in reading any of those books like; gospel of Mary magdalene,thomas,omonuan,judas and some other,they are all in the market i think.You can pick them up and read for ur own pleasure.
God help us
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Pque(m): 1:12pm On Jan 27, 2013
[quote author=Logicboy03]

@Logicboy, (probably u are an atheist) - do u bliv in d existence of juju (charms)? -Do u bliv in d existence of odiechi (powers dat makes bullets nt 2 panetrate body)? - do u bliv dat there are pple with supernatural powers such as witches, wizards, magictians, babalawo (herbalists) who at times makes sacrifices with human blood 2 appease there God? Do u bliv in d existence of ritualists who possess strange powers 2 make human blood produce money nd abundance wealth? Do u bliv in existence of strange powers dat give children nd give supernatural prosperity like osun osogbo etc.? Do u bliv dat there are human being with powers dat can hold d rain nd make it nt to fall? Do u bliv in existence of cultist who drink blood in their meetings nd possess charms 2 cause destruction nd supernatural destructions. Have u heard abt witches confessions?
Are all this things nt obvious in our present day Nigeria!
Broad day light ritualists caught wth human head, human skull, human private parts nd dead bodies wth 'chelseas' (breasts) nd 'barkassi' (buttocks) missing all in d name of using dis product 2 cause supernatural wealth when mix with some other things nd dedicated to certain god in d name of d person dat brought it nd it procedurely nd practically works.
Pple in d Nigeria of today secretly visits babalawo especialy women (4 love portions) nd some govt officials ( they are d best in d business). All because dey bliv in supernatural powers nd gods of wonders, signs nd miracles.
If d existence of all dis things cited above is true, while is it so difficult 4 u 2 bliv dat there is a God of d bible who claims dat He makes d world nd d humans in it (psalm 24 v 1) "grin earth is d Lord's nd it fullness thereof, d world nd they that dwell there in" "for he hath founded it upon d seas nd established it upon d rivers, who shall ascend d hill of d Lord nd stand in his holy place, he dat has a clean hand nd a pure heart who hath nt lifted up it's soul unto what is false, such is d generatn of those who seek Him, those who seek thy face ..., ..."
Our God, d God of d bible says dat He is light nd dat every other powers nd principalities, rulers of darkness of high places of dis world (dat pple make all sort of sacrifices to) is d darkness nd dat d only way in being part of dis light is through His Son, our Lord Jesust Christ.
Jesus christ said "I'am d way, d truth nd life, nobody goes 2 d father except by me"
D pple dat bliv in Jesus nd call on His Name saw, see nd are seeing is wonderful works.
So, Mr Logic, what is ur point because if u don't know u are playing d role of an antichrist. If u defame Jesus or even xtainity, dat does nt change nd can never change d positn of Jesus nd christainity dat have been in existence 4 over 2000yrs ago b4 ur ansestors dream of comming to life nd yet it breaks nd find it's way into dis strange modern day century, stil fresh nd radiant as ever, as if it was discovered yesterday.
In conclusion, haven't u seen or heard of how dis power of Jesus displaced, disposition nd disgraced any other power dat comes to tackle it. It has displaced nd it wil stil displaced nd so I bliv in it. Dat has maintained his sustainance.
Therefore Mr Logic, it is only reasonable nd logic 2 bliv in d existence of God in d light of situations in our environment. It is only illogic nd unreasonable nt 2 bliv in d existence of God.
Anyway, because u have ur brain intact Mr Logic, u are nt an atheist. U simply choose nt to bliv in God even though u know dat God exists because it is only a fool dat wil say dat there is no God! When it is so obvious dat God exists.
The signs nd wonders are all around that God exist!
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 27, 2013
^^^^

Pque, I dont believe in all those juju or charms nonsense. smiley
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Pque(m): 8:44pm On Jan 28, 2013
Logicboy03: ^^^^

@Logicboy, do u live in Nigeria?
Though u may nt bliv in it but u know diff categories of pple (even yahoo boys) patronises it 4 dier evil nd wicked works nd also 4 protection etc.
If nt 4 d fact dat my mother was told 2 pray nd fast consecutively 4 my dad from 2 diff churches for 7 day each, may b my dad wil b no more. My mom began d prayer nd fasting, soon another person rushed down from another town 2 tel d same thing 2 my dad who has stopped going 2 church. My worried father also began d prayer 2 save his dear live. One evening somebody came 2 our house nd confessed 2 my dad dat he nd one other guy have been carring midnight sacrifices 2 get rid of him. Why? because dat other guy don't want 2 pay d mini huge sum he owed my dad. If nt 4 prayer, dat guy would have fulfilled his mission regardles of d fact dat he was very close 2 me nd my dad. Who would ever thought dat he could do such thing? The prayer caused disagreement btw those 2 guys nd d other guy have no choice dan just 2 reveal dis guy secret 2 him.
After much presure, d guy confessed nd d matter was settled.
@Logic, there is God! Dat is undisputable whether u like it or nt!
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Pque(m): 8:45pm On Jan 28, 2013
Logicboy03: ^^^^

Though u may nt bliv in it but u know diff categories of pple (even yahoo boys) patronises it 4 dier evil nd wicked works nd also 4 protection etc.
If nt 4 d fact dat my mother was told 2 pray nd fast consecutively 4 my dad from 2 diff churches for 7 day each, may b my dad wil b no more. My mom began d prayer nd fasting, soon another person rushed down from another town 2 tel d same thing 2 my dad who has stopped going 2 church. My worried father also began d prayer 2 save his dear live. One evening somebody came 2 our house nd confessed 2 my dad dat he nd one other guy have been carring midnight sacrifices 2 get rid of him. Why? because dat other guy don't want 2 pay d mini huge sum he owed my dad. If nt 4 prayer, dat guy would have fulfilled his mission regardles of d fact dat he was very close 2 me nd my dad. Who would ever thought dat he could do such thing? The prayer caused disagreement btw those 2 guys nd d other guy have no choice dan just 2 reveal dis guy secret 2 him.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 28, 2013
Pque:

Shout "there is God" from now till 2014, it wont change anything. Your christian God does not exist.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

Shout "there is God" from now till 2014, it wont change anything. Your christian God does not exist.

I thought your position was that there isn't any evidence for His existence. Now you're sure He doesn't exist at all. Well, what's your evidence for that assertion?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 28, 2013
Ihedinobi:

I thought your position was that there isn't any evidence for His existence. Now you're sure He doesn't exist at all. Well, what's your evidence for that assertion?

God in general.....I cant prove that he/she doesnt exist

But a specific God like Allah or Yaweh that has contradictory characteristics does not exist
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Pque(m): 10:42pm On Jan 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

Cutlas is mainly created 4 a purpose. 2 clear d bush or forest. Dis guy picked d cutlass nd usually use it to clear d bush on his farm. Another guy sat on d fence nd was saying cutlass does nt exist despite d fact he saw it nd it's duty. D guy using d cutlass said 2 d guy on d fence: "take, use it to clear d bush in ur farm" nd d guy on d fence replied: "oh, what is dat, I don't need it, it is useless" nd d bush on his farm continues 2 grow. Guy, very very soon, u wil take dat cutlass nd u wil stop fooling urself. Perhaps u wil b d great Paul.
It wil simply b foolish 2 intentionally decide nt to regard dat cutlass probably because u hate d guys using d cutlass. Do away with ur hatred nd picked d cutlass.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 28, 2013
Pque:

Cutlas is mainly created 4 a purpose. 2 clear d bush or forest. Dis guy picked d cutlass nd usually use it to clear d bush on his farm. Another guy sat on d fence nd was saying cutlass does nt exist despite d fact he saw it nd it's duty. D guy using d cutlass said 2 d guy on d fence: "take, use it to clear d bush in ur farm" nd d guy on d fence replied: "oh, what is dat, I don't need it, it is useless" nd d bush on his farm continues 2 grow. Guy, very very soon, u wil take dat cutlass nd u wil stop fooling urself. Perhaps u wil b d great Paul.
It wil simply b foolish 2 intentionally decide nt to regard dat cutlass probably because u hate d guys using d cutlass. Do away with ur hatred nd picked d cutlass.

lol....your God doesnt exist.....when your God heals an amputee, call me

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Did God Create Hell? / Students Caught Papa Frank Lloyd With A Truckload Of Charm / Why Don't Catholics Eat Meat/flesh On Good Friday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.