Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,314 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. (20288 Views)

Top Ten Signs You're A Fundamentalist Christian / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Top Ten Signs You're An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

You havent seen psalm 14;1 flying around? You mad?
That's the problem. Do you think atheism existed in the time of psalm 14:1?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus: That's the problem. Do you think atheism existed in the time of psalm 14:1?

So who was the verse referring to.. Godless People? or Atheists
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 22, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt:

rather than honestly answer a question, you ask another question to invalidate the reason for the first question. @OP's point 10 is relevant to Modern Christianity.. Most Christian Folks don't just Study their Bibles anymore. and you ask if it is a criteria for making Heaven. now why would a Christian ask such a mute question? unless they are just being sly
But I'm a christain and I don't laugh at people who worship other gods. So, to me, it makes no sense claiming christains, when we know that to be christain, you must not do such.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
@Logicboy.. the dude is cannon-fodder.. repacking my ammo cool
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 22, 2013
cyrexx: Reyginus, will you for once try and make meaningful contribution to this thread and stop playing this anony-wannabe games by these silly questions you are asking.
Pardon me cyrexx. I know I replied your post. I don't know what else you want. Where I ask questions, I only want to understand what really is meant by the terms used.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by aletheia(m): 10:11pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

lolololol. Emotional?

The hypocrisy of it all. All atheists are fools but you're on an atheist's website? You must truly be a bigger fool- addicted to a product of a fool.
Another emotional outburst. But I notice you can't help but act the fool. It is your nature. Nairaland is owned by a supposed atheist. It is a forum for social intercourse. It doesn't make it an atheist website. Perhaps, you have heard the term non sequitur.

4 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 22, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt:

So who was the verse referring to.. Godless People? or Atheists
Do you really want to know or you're already made up on what to agree on? I'm in now.
lagerwhenindoubt: @Logicboy.. the dude is cannon-fodder.. repacking my ammo cool
Good for you.
aletheia:
Another emotional outburst. But I notice you can't help but act the fool. It is your nature. Nairaland is owned by a supposed atheist. It is a forum for social intercourse. It doesn't make it an atheist website. Perhaps, you have heard the term non sequitur.

English is your problem.

Atheist's website vs atheist website. Spot the difference and get back to me.

According to you, Seun and Bill Gates are fools. You must be feeling reetarded deep down
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by aletheia(m): 10:20pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:
According to you, Seun and Bill Gates are fools. You must be feeling reetarded deep down
^
Insecure child. Name dropping as a covering of fig leaves. Why hiding behind names?

Surely you can follow the very elementary logic, 'logicboy'.

Premise 1. If Seun, Bill Gates and logicboy are atheists. . .

Premise 2. And all atheists are fools according to Ps 14.1 & Ps 53.1

Conclusion: Then the aforementioned individuals including logicboy (who despite his name cannot grasp this simple logic) are according to Ps 14.1 & Ps 53.1 fools.

QED.

6 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
aletheia:
^
Insecure child. Name dropping as a covering of fig leaves. Why hiding behind names?

Surely you can follow the very elementary logic, 'logicboy'.

Premise 1. If Seun, Bill Gates and logicboy are atheists. . .

Premise 2. And all atheists are fools according to Ps 14.1 & Ps 53.1

Conclusion: Then the aforementioned individuals including logicboy (who despite his name cannot grasp this simple logic) are according to Ps 14.1 & Ps 53.1 fools.

QED.

I have a prediction- you will look back on this thread one day and realise your st.upidity.

Bill Gates is a fool

Seun is a fool

Kai, you have problems oooo! You use someone's website frequently and you have the nerve to call him a fool?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

I have a prediction- you will look back on this thread one day and realise your st.upidity.

Bill Gates is a fool

Seun is a fool

Kai, you have problems oooo! You use someone's website frequently and you have the nerve to call him a fool?
Stop that thing you want to do please.;-)

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus: Stop that thing you want to do please.;-)

Guy,stop speaking in tongues
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by aletheia(m): 10:30pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:
Silly emotional response. What I have written is clear enough. The Bible clearly declares that atheists are fools (including you). Deal with it.

If you have nothing but emotional arguments and illogical responses stop wasting my time.

3 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 22, 2013
aletheia:
Silly emotional response. What I have written is clear enough. The Bible clearly declares that atheists are fools (including you). Deal with it.

If you have nothing but emotional arguments and illogical responses stop wasting my time.

Quoting A 2000-year old book to insult people in the 21st century to insult those who dont believe in it. Yes, very logical

mtchew
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

Guy,stop speaking in tongues
Okay. I thought we wanted to bury the issue that atheists are not fools according to the bible. But it seems you guys love to use that verse. Okay.
For the 'speaking in tongue', it's literature. Poetry is really dealing me a great deal.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus: Okay. I thought we wanted to bury the issue that atheists are not fools according to the bible. But it seems you guys love to use that verse. Okay.

Bury the issue how? Do you or do you not believe that atheists are fools?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

Bury the issue how? Do you or do you not believe that atheists are fools?
I don't.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus: I don't.

Then stop being a christian
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

Then stop being a christian
Why should I?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus: Why should I?

You odnt accept the bible- psalm 14;1
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by aletheia(m): 11:14pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:
Quoting A 2000-year old book to insult people in the 21st century to insult those who dont believe in it. Yes, very logical
^
Indeed. The Bible is logical. Whether you believe in it or not, it quite clearly and unequivocally labels you a fool. I know your problem. You want to be seen as uber-intelligent but unfortunately for you, the Bible cuts through all your bullshit and pretensions and names you for what you are.

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:19-22

This describes you to a tee. You have become foolish.

8 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 22, 2013
aletheia:
^
Indeed. The Bible is logical. Whether you believe in it or not, it quite clearly and unequivocally labels you a fool. I know your problem. You want to be seen as uber-intelligent but unfortunately for you, the Bible cuts through all your bullshit and pretensions and names you for what you are.

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:19-22

This describes you to a tee. You have become foolish.

lol....the same bible that claims that women came from a rib? The same bible that talks about talking snakes? The same bible that claims that the moon is a light
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

You odnt accept the bible- psalm 14;1
Ofcourse I accept it.
Let me explain it.
Psalm 14: 1.
'Fools say to themselves there is no God. They are all corrupt, and they have done terrible things; then their is no one who does what is right'.
The problem this verse always present is due to how we chose to pick out a single part of it and use it in the general.
This is a case of an event that happened in a period when atheism was yet to be felt. That being the case. Their is no way the verse could have been speaking of those who do not believe in God.
A look at the second sentence tells us that this people described as 'fools' not only know God, but also served Him and felt his presence in their lives.
The word 'corrupt' as used tells of a man who deviated from a righteous path.
Now, the thing is, these people, they worshiped and felt the power of God in their time, but due to some reasons began to lag.
They continued in their downward thrust till they left God and turned evildoers.
They lost the ability to make good judgements because of wordly things.
The part that says: ' a fool says ...', symbolizes a description of his behaviour and not what he really says.
I know is not a wrong thing to call anybody by the character they exhibit. As in, what they are.
It is even wrong not to call them so.
So, you see, the fool here is not the atheist, but the men who have felt the power and word of God in their lives but live like He doesn't exist.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jan 22, 2013
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus: Ofcourse I accept it.
Let me explain it.
Psalm 14: 1.
'Fools say to themselves there is no God. They are all corrupt, and they have done terrible things; then their is no one who does what is right'.
The problem this verse always present is due to how we chose to pick out a single part of it and use it in the general.
This is a case of an event that happened in a period when atheism was yet to be felt. That being the case. Their is no way the verse could have been speaking of those who do not believe in God.
A look at the second sentence tells us that this people described as 'fools' not only know God, but also served Him and felt his presence in their lives.
The word 'corrupt' as used tells of a man who deviated from a righteous path.
Now, the thing is, these people, they worshiped and felt the power of God in their time, but due to some reasons began to lag.
They continued in their downward thrust till they left God and turned evildoers.
They lost the ability to make good judgements because of wordly things.
The part that says: ' a fool says ...', symbolizes a description of his behaviour and not what he really says.
I know is not a wrong thing to call anybody by the character they exhibit. As in, what they are.
It is even wrong not to call them so.
So, you see, the fool here is not the atheist, but the men who have felt the power and word of God in their lives but live like He doesn't exist.

A whole load of nonsense. Atheism yet to be felt? Atheism is as old as man.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by aletheia(m): 11:28pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:
lol....the same bible that claims that women came from a rib?. . .
How silly you are. Men who are created by God harvest stem cells from bone marrow. And from the stem cells, they are able to grow whole new organs. The rib at certain stages in life contains marrow. . .so how much easier is it for God Himself the origin of life to fashion a woman from a rib? Stop displaying your atheistic foolishness.
And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God? Mar 12:24

4 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by aletheia(m): 11:30pm On Jan 22, 2013
Reyginus:
^Stop this wishy-washy emotionalism. There have been atheists from ancient times. The verses are unequivocal. Stop trying to sentimentalize them away.

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 22, 2013
aletheia:
How silly you are. Men who are created by God harvest stem stems from bone marrow. And from the stem cells, they are able to grow whole new organs. The rib at certain stages in life contains marrow. . .so how much easier is it for God Himself the origin of life to fashion a woman from a rib? Stop displaying your atheistic foolishness.
And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God? Mar 12:24

Lmao.....is this now what they teach inn church? Anti-science? Ribs and bone marrow can create a human?

You see, the foolishness with you is that any contradiction with science or logic, you give god another excuse.
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:

A whole load of nonsense. Atheism yet to be felt? Atheism is as old as man.
Na wa o. Is that the problem now, after suffering my thumb to make you understand?
Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 22, 2013
aletheia:
^Stop this wishy-washy emotionalism. There have been atheists from ancient times. The verses are unequivocal. Stop trying to sentimentalize them away.
I hope you also know that every state practised the religion of the head then. Was their ever an atheist province in the time of king david?

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Signs That You Are A Christian. by aletheia(m): 11:43pm On Jan 22, 2013
Logicboy03:
Lmao.....is this now what they teach inn church? Anti-science? Ribs and bone marrow can create a human?
Obviously a dolt. Now pay attention: a single human cell contains all the genetic information needed to create a human being.
aletheia:
How silly you are. Men who are created by God harvest stem stems from bone marrow. And from the stem cells, they are able to grow whole new organs. The rib at certain stages in life contains marrow. . .so how much easier is it for God Himself the origin of life to fashion a woman from a rib? Stop displaying your atheistic foolishness.

The bone marrow stroma contain mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs),[3] also known as marrow stromal cells. These are multipotent stem cells that can differentiate into a variety of cell types. MSCs have been shown to differentiate, in vitro or in vivo, into osteoblasts, chondrocytes, myocytes, adipocytes and beta-pancreatic islets cells. MSCs can also transdifferentiate into neuronal cells.

If men can do this. How much more God who created man, can create out of the man's rib a woman?

For thou, LORD, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands.

O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep.

A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this.

When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever:

But thou, LORD, art most high for evermore.
Psa 92:4-8

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Students Caught Papa Frank Lloyd With A Truckload Of Charm / Is Eating In A Dream Necessarily Bad? / Truth About Crucifixion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.