Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Abuja Vs Accra - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Vs Accra (53261 Views)

Trekking From Accra To Lagos for IDPs / Travel To Barbados From Accra Or Lagos Without The Need Of Transit Visa? / Accra Vs Lagos ( Compare & Respond) Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Vs Accra by PapaBrowne(m): 8:33pm On Mar 03, 2008
People that visit Ghana always come back with stories as though Ghana is a European Country.They make us feel like Ghana is far better than Nigeria.I am not one of those people that feel like Nigeria is a great place as it is today, but haba, how can Ghana be better than Nigeria?
I've not been to Ghana yet, so I wanna know and I am asking those that have been to both places:

Accra or Abuja which is better?

Where will you rather live?
Which city is more international in outlook.
Where would foreigners feel more comfortable.

Bottomline: Which one better pass? ? ?

Post pics if u can.
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by londoner: 11:31pm On Mar 03, 2008
I think its far too early to be comparing the two.

I have never been to Accra, but have heard good things about it. Abuja I have been to, and it is a really nice city (even though it has its teething problems). While in Abuja I met people who frequent Accra, and was told that they have noticed a steady decline in the city, sadly. It may just be the neighbourhoods they went to, but I'm told the used to go yearly and had just returned a few weeks before I got to Abuja. I think both cities have good points probably, but one has a favourable reputation. Accra that is.

Many Nigerians will always praise what is outside, and sometimes its deserved. In fact I'm surprised at the amount of Nigerians who have never even been to Abuja, yet will swear  that there no such of such standard and potential in Nigeria. Even Calabar, let alone Abuja, lol

Accra is a city, its not the whole of Ghana, many people don't visit the whole country, yet they talk about seeing "Ghana", lol.

If Accra has good points, we should learn from it, especially since Abuja is still in its infancy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by akumbu: 9:25am On Mar 06, 2008
I have been to Accra and to Abuja,
to start with, Abuja was moddeled after Accra, so how can you compare the two?
Accra is better than Abuja, maybe by the time abuja is completed, we may run a comparism.
It also depends on what you are comparing one with the other, Is it Good road networks within the City? I give it to Accra.
is it mad poeple lying everywhere in the City, I give that to Abuja.
Is it latest cars on the streets of the city, I give that to Abuja.
Is it well structured houses, well planned, seperating the residential from commercial Zones? i give it to accra.
Is it hotspots, relkaxation centers and parks or buetiful Hotels? i give it to Accra.
like I said, it all depends on the point of comparism.
But, Accra is just it, untill the youger model is completely molded to be like the mentor.

6 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by londoner: 11:42am On Mar 07, 2008
Huh? Mad people lying everywhere in the city? Where? In two months in Abuja, I saw one mad man. I saw people who live outside though, apparently by custom.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by amsky(m): 12:03pm On Mar 07, 2008
Every city has its ups and downs. I have lived in Accra for 1yr, i have visited Abuja for 2wks and a few days.

Like Akumbu said, it depends on the points of comparison. There are mad people or beggars in Accra more than you have in Abuja. In that respect, one may be tempted to compare Accra to Lagos. There is also Massive water problems in Accra sometimes too. So massive that you'll pay through your teeth to get your tank filled, and you'll see kids running around with jerrycans in search of water.

As for cars, the kinds i've seen in Nigeria as a whole,i've never seen it anywhere else. Even here in London.

As for where oyinbos will feel comfy, I'm not too sure. The thing here is 9ja already has a not too good image out here. People think it's unsafe, too fast, one can't feel at home in there etc. That's where Accra gets it. It's calmer. Infrastructure, I think it's Abuja O! That's what i think.
Hotels.nice buildings etc. I'll say Abuja too. Accra is Really good in that respect,but Abuja takes it by just the skin of the teeth.

My opinion.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by jookco(m): 12:06pm On Mar 07, 2008
Some guys are mad I Swear, I have lived in Accra close to Osu, how can you compare accrah with Abuja, my friend Abuja is one of the model and well designed cities in Africa, who is talking about Hotels here, do you compare lomeridien Abuja with Goldingtulip Accra, or do we talk about Sharaton or supper Nicon Hotels Abuja, who is talking aboyt beutiful houses here, are you guys blind, don't you see the kind of Houses we have in Abuja, what os Ecowas Complex, the National Assembly Complex, NNPC etc, who is here talking about parks in Abua, do you know Abuja National Park ,where in Ghana do you have such things, we still have Calaba , so where again in Ghana, you guys don't value what you have, tell the crime rate is not high in Ghana, that' all , Accra is old city compared to Abuja, please don't just go there again before I start posting pictures, because we have not talk about our national stadium here,not to talk about Nnamdi Azikiwe Intl Airport that is nothing to do with old Katoka Intl Airport Accra.

4 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by jookco(m): 12:44pm On Mar 07, 2008
Abuja in picture

5 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by jookco(m): 12:55pm On Mar 07, 2008
abuja in picture

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by jookco(m): 1:04pm On Mar 07, 2008
abuja ecowas conference

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by jookco(m): 1:07pm On Mar 07, 2008
abuja in picture
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by jookco(m): 1:22pm On Mar 07, 2008
abuja in picture

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by jookco(m): 1:28pm On Mar 07, 2008
abuja in pics
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by jookco(m): 1:30pm On Mar 07, 2008
abuja in pics

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by jookco(m): 1:50pm On Mar 07, 2008
abuja in pictue

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by jookco(m): 4:28pm On Mar 07, 2008
abuja

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by londoner: 4:39pm On Mar 07, 2008
Each city has its good and bad points. Accra has the good reputation, but Abuja is not even completed yet. So maybe it is too early to judge.
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by jookco(m): 4:43pm On Mar 07, 2008
abuja

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by londoner: 4:46pm On Mar 07, 2008
I'm sure Accra has just as nice neighbourhoods and buildings to offer. Not to mention their beaches.

I was surprised at the amount of parks there are in Abuja, I was very impressed. They are giving London a run for its money. Also, Abuja has natural beauty. Those rocks are really impressive, Abuja is a step in the right direction. Next on my list to visit is Calabar.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by jookco(m): 4:55pm On Mar 07, 2008
abuja

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by jookco(m): 4:56pm On Mar 07, 2008
abuja

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by jookco(m): 5:00pm On Mar 07, 2008
abuja

4 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by jookco(m): 5:03pm On Mar 07, 2008
abuja

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by jookco(m): 5:08pm On Mar 07, 2008
abuja

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by jookco(m): 5:13pm On Mar 07, 2008
abuja

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by jookco(m): 5:15pm On Mar 07, 2008
abuja

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by jookco(m): 5:17pm On Mar 07, 2008
Abuja

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by jookco(m): 5:29pm On Mar 07, 2008
abuja

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by londoner: 5:36pm On Mar 07, 2008
I just love those rocks man, shocked grin
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by amsky(m): 6:53pm On Mar 07, 2008
My brother, i fear to talk b4 o!!!!

My first 6wks in Accra was spent in Labadi beach hotel,where i heard Bush was lodged when he visited Accra.(dont know how true that is) It is NOTHING compared to le meridien Abuja. i stayed in one of the best neighbourhoods in Accra-East cantonments. Both sides of it. It's nothing compared to the structures in Abuja.

I Just asked my hubby and Accra does not even come close in his opinion. ANother thing is that the kind of money in Abuja is not in Accra. I think that should also count while making the comparisons.

Thanks guy for those pics.I don't mind lansing in Nnamdi Azikiwe airport. It was really good the last time i was there. Kotako or Something airport in Accra does not even smell near it. Kotako is like Benin city airport. Too below standard for an international airport. Basic security is lacking ''massively''.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by mustaphco(m): 7:53pm On Mar 07, 2008
Thanks jookco,i really appreciate ur concern and clearification made known to pple dat abuja is more better than accra.
accra should be compare with calaba not with abuja,all ghana is just like two state in nigeria (lagos and oyo).pls guy value what u hav

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by jookco(m): 8:22am On Mar 08, 2008
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Echeozo(m): 9:51pm On Mar 08, 2008
/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Trapped In A Sealed Manhole In Lagos, Cries Out For Help (Video) / Heathrow Airport Replies Nigerian Over Leaking Airport Roof In London / World's Most Expensive (And Cheapest) Cities Revealed,See Where Lagos Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.