Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Abuja Vs Accra - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Vs Accra (53359 Views)

Trekking From Accra To Lagos for IDPs / Travel To Barbados From Accra Or Lagos Without The Need Of Transit Visa? / Accra Vs Lagos ( Compare & Respond) Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 08, 2017
Accra marine drive project? its not as huge as building an entire city from scratch on d Atlantic ocean. Ghana does not have d money for that, u guys will just go bankrupt before u even reach quarter way lol

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 08, 2017
guy its OK . all I'm saying is Ghanians shud stop comparing themselves with Nigeria ,I min they do that all d time its frickin stupid and annoying, I don't know y they always try to measure up to Nigeria, as in they compare in every aspect. it like naija comparing ourselves to america or britain. we know we cant so we dont even bother e.g( everybody knows nollywood is the biggest movie industry in africa and the 2nd largest in the world, still ghanians will not gree they will say its ghollywood oya comparism don start

everybody knows that naija music is the biggest in Africa and beyond, but no Ghana will not gree they will say naija copy Ghana dats why our music is progressing

everybody knows that Lagos is the largest and most developed urban city in Africa but no Ghana will not gree laye laye, they will say its Accra

boko haram con worsen d whole tin, the bomb northeast. ghana con they use am yab naija say we be bad country

its cool though, I won't blame u guys i would want to compare myself to the collest and biggest person in the school. I rest my case
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Just30: 10:35pm On Mar 08, 2017
uzzyfire:
the funny thing is, all those things u mentioned is the exact purpose of the city
How many people are going to live in that city?
Definitely not 180 million
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Just30: 10:50pm On Mar 08, 2017
uzzyfire:
Accra marine drive project? its not as huge as building an entire city from scratch on d Atlantic ocean. Ghana does not have d money for that, u guys will just go bankrupt before u even reach quarter way lol
see this one oo
Its a fact that no matter what, Abuja and Lagos can't compare to Accra so far as they cant provide the basic of human development like proper healthcare, good water supply, reliable electricity supply to it's entire population.
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 10, 2017
Just30:
How many people are going to live in that city?
Definitely not 180 million
an estimated 250,000 residents and 150,000 commuters
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 10, 2017
and I'm talking abt just Lagos not the whole Nigeria
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 10, 2017
other states in Nigeria are following suite to, abuja is building its own mega city called "the centenary city" its under construction as we speak. u can Google it if u want bro
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 10, 2017
Just30:
see this one oo
Its a fact that no matter what, Abuja and Lagos can't compare to Accra so far as they cant provide the basic of human development like proper healthcare, good water supply, reliable electricity supply to it's entire population.
u clearly have not been to Lagos before, its d land of opportunity .people from all over Africa come to lagos to make it big in Africa(in entertainment, business, investment, fashion and the list goes on) thats why the state is over populated

Lagos is divide into two parts, mainland and island. the island is highly developed and that's where all the people stay. but the mainland is developed too but there are slums and poor people there. the third mainland bridge(longest bridge in africa) connects both parts
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 10, 2017
not to brag or anything but, bill and Hillary Clinton (I'm sure u know them) have stakes in the Eko Atlantic city. they came there recently to see the progress of d city
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by londoner: 12:30pm On Mar 11, 2017
Just30:
see this one oo

You have a point but I've been to Ghana and many people don't have adequate access to all those things you mentioned.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by londoner: 12:52pm On Mar 11, 2017
Just got back from Abuja 2 weeks ago. There is massive development all over the city and the outskirts. Many new areas have been created and completed that were not there on my last trip at the end of 2015. They are also building Centenary City at the moment, although there is slow progress but it's being built by Eagle Hills. I went passed the entrance of the massive site too.

There's a video below on the project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7sWSzoEWSw

There are also other companies building almost mini cities in Abuja like Brains and Hammers whose construction site I visited while there. We still have a way to go in Abuja but we are moving in the right direction as far as construction and expansion is concerned.
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Just30: 2:39pm On Mar 11, 2017
londoner:

You have a point but I've been to Ghana and many people don't have adequate access to all those things you mentioned.
Then you've not been to Ghana at all.
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 12, 2017
"see this one oo" u are even trying to talk like nigerians lol
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 12, 2017
londoner:
Just got back from Abuja 2 weeks ago. There is massive development all over the city and the outskirts. Many new areas have been created and completed that were not there on my last trip at the end of 2015. They are also building Centenary City at the moment, although there is slow progress but it's being built by Eagle Hills. I went passed the entrance of the massive site too.

There's a video below on the project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7sWSzoEWSw

There are also other companies building almost mini cities in Abuja like Brains and Hammers whose construction site I visited while there. We still have a way to go in Abuja but we are moving in the right direction as far as construction and expansion is concerned.
true bro, the centenary city will cost at least 18 billion dollars
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 12, 2017
Just30:
guy u can't compare Accra with abuja or Lagos period!!! d only state u can compare Accra with is calabar or akwa ibom. nigeria is too big for ghana to be compared to. we are bigger in everytin both good and sadly bad, u just name it
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by O0XYGEN: 4:28pm On Mar 12, 2017
uzzyfire:
guy u can't compare Accra with abuja or Lagos period!!! d only state u can compare Accra with is calabar or akwa ibom. nigeria is too big for ghana to be compared to. we are bigger in everytin both good and sadly bad, u just name it
Meanwhile Accra is ranked the best city in West Africa.
So what are you talking about?
Villages in Ghana are even well planned and organised than those filthy smelly places you have in that zoo.
Come and see how you idiots are trooping to Ghana like refugees.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 12, 2017
bannana island alone is more beautiful and developed than the whole ghana. BTW bannana island is in lagos
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 12, 2017
O0XYGEN:

Villages in Ghana are even well planned and organised than those filthy smelly places you have in that zoo.
lol its not accra, its lagos check ur facts well. and nigerians are everywhere in the world, just becos we go to ur country doesnt mean its better dan nigeria, even d countries uv neva heared of in ur life nigerians are there. Dude let me break it down to u, ghana is like a back up country for nigerians. period!!
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 12, 2017
even Abidjan is finer than Accra by far

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by O0XYGEN: 7:15pm On Mar 12, 2017
uzzyfire:
lol its not accra, its lagos check ur facts well. and nigerians are everywhere in the world, just becos we go to ur country doesnt mean its better dan nigeria, even d countries uv neva heared of in ur life nigerians are there. Dude let me break it down to u, ghana is like a back up country for nigerians. period!!
Where in this world will you find about 5 million nigerians schooling and hustling there?
Ghana is far better than the zoo you hail from that's why there are over 5 million of you idiots here.
And your lagos is the filthiest smelly place in Africa.
Go and check.
The most slummish place ever to live.
No sensible person will even dream of comparing nigeria to Ghana .
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Akorkor(f): 8:33pm On Mar 12, 2017
O0XYGEN:

I can see you are everywhere? Is it cape coast or tema or Kumasi that is well planned? Because I don't know the one you are talking about? Yeye is worrying you ohhh
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 12, 2017
O0XYGEN:
Where in this world will you find about 5 million nigerians schooling and hustling there?
Ghana is far better than the zoo you hail from that's why there are over 5 million of you idiots here.
Go and check.
looooooolllll lmao there are over 20million Nigerians in america and england so stop trying to console ur self, and do u know how many Nigerians are in south Africa or how many ghanians are in Nigeria ? I laugh every time I read ur post. u are calling the entertainment and business hub of Africa slummish, a place where people from all over Africa and beyond come to be successful

even ur so called Ghanian artist have to come to Lagos before they can make it in entertainment. I'm just laughing

the same slummish Lagos that has a larger economy than d entire Ghana

the same slummish Lagos that is building a multi-billion dollar mega city "eko Atlantic "

the same slummish Lagos that is one of the fastest growing mega cities in the world

the same slummish Lagos that has the busiest airport in west Africa (murtala Mohammed airport)

the same slummish Lagos that is over populated with people from different parts of Africa and beyond (the main reason y it has slums)

the same slummish Lagos that is the largest city in africa

loooollll if I continue I will not sleep dis nyte

OK let me agree wit you. Accra is the best city in the world , in short it is better than Dubai and Paris put toogeda loooooolllll lmao are u happy now

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 12, 2017
Akorkor:

I can see you are everywhere? Is it cape coast or tema or Kumasi that is well planned? Because I don't know the one you are talking about? Yeye is worrying you ohhh
I wonder !!
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Eastwalk(m): 8:59pm On Mar 12, 2017
O0XYGEN:
Go and check.
Lagos has more value than Ghana itself

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 12, 2017
guy Nigeria is a great country(despite all the troubles we are facing) how many countries will go through wat Nigeria is going through and still stand firm(certainly not Ghana ) that's y even America fears nigeria. anything we do gets d attention of d whole Africa , when we did our election d whole Africa was involved (just like wen america did theirs). that's y people do business and investment in nigeria cos anything that is popular in Nigeria is automatically popular in the whole Africa , cos we rule Africa ( not literally though) in everytin entertainment, business, sports, fashion an d list goes on. like I sed before sadly bad things are involved too

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 12, 2017
Eastwalk:
Lagos has more value than Ghana itself
lol, very true
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 13, 2017
this what the high commissioner in south Africa said and I quote “Ignore the others, it is Nigeria and South Africa that make things happen in this continent.” so Ghana shud rest one side abeg

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by londoner: 10:23pm On Mar 13, 2017
Just30:

I have a few times actually. To Accra, Kumasi, Cape Coast, Takoradi and Takwa.

You know yourself that water in Korlebu hospital is an issue. The use of generators is also on the rise in Ghana as we speak. I'm not saying access is any better in Nigeria but let's not deny the situation for many in Ghana.Truth is ,neither country can say they have no work to do.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 13, 2017
londoner:

You know yourself that water in Korlebu hospital is an issue. The use of generators is also on the rise in Ghana as we speak. I'm not saying access is any better in Nigeria but let's not deny the situation for many in Ghana.Truth is ,neither country can say they have no work to do.
nigeria has a lot of work to do( no doubt about dat) but Ghana shud stop comparing themselves with Nigeria, period!!!

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by londoner: 11:08pm On Mar 13, 2017
uzzyfire:
nigeria has a lot of work to do( no doubt about dat) but Ghana shud stop comparing themselves with Nigeria, period!!!

Both countries have alot to do in their own ways to be honest. Yes I agree Ghanaians needs to stop the constant comparisons but so must we.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Just30: 9:11am On Mar 14, 2017
londoner:

both countries have huge work to do
Generator usage on the increase; not true
They're on the downward trend because the power issues have been largely resolved
Re: Abuja Vs Accra by Just30: 9:19am On Mar 14, 2017
uzzyfire:
ain't you Nigerians the one who are always comparing?
It goes all the way up to your senators

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Borno Checkpoint Where People Pay Money For Not Having National I.D Card / The Beauty Of Umuahia City In Abia State (pictures) / Ahmadiyya-Lagos: The Place With The Highest Supply Of Electricity In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.