Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,791 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:27 AM

Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos (12936 Views)

Man Strangles Girl To Death While Raping Her / Man Strangles And Bury His Day Old Baby In Katsina For Being A Girl / Abuja Maid Strangles 3 Year Old Girl To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by blater500(m): 9:55am On Jan 23, 2013
It was a typical case of man's inhumanity to man when one Onyeka Patrick strangled Ayuba, the seven-year-old son of his neighbour to death in Ikotun, a suburb of Lagos city.

Not done, he made the boy’s parents to believe that their son was still alive by demanding N5 million from them as ransom for his kidnappers.

The deceased was said to have playfully strolled into Patrick's compound on January 12, when he was abducted and strangled within minutes. From the suspect's account to THISDAY, it was gathered that the boy, as usual, had answered Patrick’s call as he was a familiar face in the neighbourhood.

For someone the innocent boy called uncle, not even an adult mind would imagine that harm could come from a friendly neighbour. Patrick, with a straight face, narrated how helpless the lad was when he was being strangled, recounting how Ayuba looked into his eyes with a dire quest for his life to be spared.

Having killed him, he was faced with the next task of disposing of the corpse. He put the corpse in a sack and went to an uncompleted building next door where he dumped it in an empty soak-away pit.

For days, the parents of the boy were in anguish, frantically searching for little Ayuba. Patrick joined in the search and sometimes, he even wept to show how deeply touched he was by the ‘disappearance’ of the boy. When asked by his neighbours why he wept that much, he had explained that the boy was so dear to his heart and he could not understand who would have kidnapped such a lovely boy.

The parents then got a hand-written note asking for a N5 million ransom to get the boy released. Accompanying the ransom note was the suspect's phone number through which he demanded that the ‘kidnappers’ should be contacted. Even when that sum was way out of what they could ever raise, it brightened their hope that their son could be alive. It was a false hope.

The bubble burst when Patrick’s elder brother saw the “kidnapper’s” note and recognised the handwriting to be that of his younger brother. Secretly, the elder brother quizzed him about the author of the handwritten note. But he insisted that he was not the one. He discarded the SIM containing the number he dropped in the note. Not convinced and suspicious of Patrick’s moves, the elder brother reported the matter to the police at the Ikotun Police Station. Promptly, Patrick was arrested, and after initial denials, he confessed to the crime. He eventually led the police to where he dumped Ayuba’s body, which had been ravaged by rodents and insects.

Tuesday, Patrick was paraded before journalists at the state Police Command in Ikeja. He could not explain the motivation for his actions, preferring to, as usual, blame the devil and greed for his dastardly act.

According to him, “I didn't plan to kill him. The thought came into me all of a sudden when he strolled into my compound. I was just sitting down when he came. As the thought came into me, I didn't pause to think but jumped at him. I took him to the backyard where I used my hands to strangle him to death.

“When I was strangling him, he did not shout or put up a resistance because he thought I was playing with him. By the time he started feeling in pain, he couldn't shout again because I had closed his wind pipes but his eyes spoke to me.”

He added: “It was the devil. I used to be a glass fabricator and a footballer. I don't know what got into me that fateful day. I also don't know what made me demand a ransom. But I had intended to use the money to start life all over again. I was arrested because my brother recognised my handwriting and called in the police.”

Confirming the incident, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Ngozi Braide, a Deputy Superintendent of Police, said the suspect confessed to his crime only when he was transferred to the State Anti-robbery Squad (SARS), Ikeja.

Braide added that upon confession, the suspect led SARS operatives to recover the decomposed body of the victim from the pit. The body has since been deposited at the Isolo General Hospital mortuary for autopsy. Braide said the suspect would soon be charged to court for murder since all aspects of the investigation had been covered.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/neighbour-strangles-seven-year-old-boy-to-death-demands-n5m-ransom/137223/
http://newsjoint.info/neighbour-strangles-seven-year-old-boy-to-death
Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 23, 2013
Pupil can b wicked sha....make dem aLuuLize d guy na sad
Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by mployer(m): 10:28am On Jan 23, 2013
Jezyfreezman: Pupil can b wicked sha....make dem aLuuLize d guy na sad
pupil

2 Likes

Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by dominique(f): 11:35am On Jan 23, 2013
All these stories of children being abused or killed are increasing at a disturbing rate. God Protect our children. RIP young lad, hope he gets the justice he deserves sad.
Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by playahP(m): 1:35am On Jan 24, 2013
May justice be done!!
But that guy get akpor brother ooh..
I wouldn't expose my bro even if he killed 1million pple... We'd deal with it the family way..

1 Like

Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by donsax: 1:41am On Jan 24, 2013
People are wicked and callous...kudos to the elder brother!!

13 Likes

Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by donsax: 1:43am On Jan 24, 2013
playah P: May justice be done!!
I wouldn't expose my bro even if he killed 1million pple... We'd deal with it the family way..
You must have murdered before!!!

23 Likes

Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by donsax: 1:43am On Jan 24, 2013
You must have murdered before!!!
Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 1:50am On Jan 24, 2013
ewooooooooooo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by Soflex(m): 1:55am On Jan 24, 2013
Mr Akuri, what do u mean by dealing with a murderer in a "family way"?

1 Like

Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by cold(m): 1:56am On Jan 24, 2013
blater500:

He added: “It was the devil. I used to be a glass fabricator and a footballer. I don't know what got into me that fateful day. I also don't know what made me demand a ransom. But I had intended to use the money to start life all over again. I was arrested because my brother recognised my handwriting and called in the police.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/neighbour-strangles-seven-year-old-boy-to-death-demands-n5m-ransom/137223/
http://newsjoint.info/neighbour-strangles-seven-year-old-boy-to-death

So so sad cry But this Devil don suffer sha embarassed
Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by donjsb(m): 2:01am On Jan 24, 2013
Its a strange world we do live in.
Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:05am On Jan 24, 2013
cold:

So so sad cry But this Devil don suffer sha embarassed

^^^Exactly! Such an easy cop-out....commit acts of evil and depravity, and then blame it on the poor devil just b'cos he can't defend himself and already has a bad reputation; instead of the bastard to say he's evil and is willing to accept the punishment for his wickedness.

They should fast-track the bastard through the court process, and then dispatch him straight to hell!

1 Like

Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by oskaroni(m): 2:08am On Jan 24, 2013
singing "haa nkan nbe'. God deliva us frm diz kind ALUU-LATED like people
Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 2:10am On Jan 24, 2013
Think there are more unreported insane cases like this one. It is about time to start checking Nigerians for sanity level. The country is having good numbers of insane people living among sane few.

1 Like

Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by OmoKhary(f): 2:12am On Jan 24, 2013
Hmm....so sad...was heartbroken wen i saw ayuba's mum.d whole of ikotun,shesfun students n staff n i sympatize wit ayuba's family,so sad...#weepin#
Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by Greatken007(m): 2:29am On Jan 24, 2013
I wouldnt be too surprise because i know what man can do,no wonder God told us b4 nw that the heart of man is despirately wicked no 1 can understand it.Dont envil any1.If you cant wait for God's blessings go and start begging it is better of

1 Like

Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by mekaboy(m): 2:35am On Jan 24, 2013
[b]I BLAME THE GOVT FOR THIS, AN IDLE MAN IS THE DEVILS WORKSHOP. THEY GOVT HAS TAKEN THE MOST IMPORTANT THING THAT MAKES PEOPLE CONSIDER THE CONSEQUENCES OF THEIR ACTIONS.(HOPE) THEY HAVE MADE THE YOUTHS HOPELESS, AND WHEN YOU LOOSE HOPE, YOU LOOSE VALUE FOR LIFE.

WHEN THE YOUTHS HAVE HOPE OF GETTING A JOB AFTER SCHOOL, THEY WILL READ. WHEN THEY HAVE HOPE THAT THE GOVT WILL SUPPORT THEM IN RESEARCH OR DEVELOPMENT, THEY WILL PUT THEIR BRAIN TO WORK AND CHANNEL THEIR ENERGY INTO POSITIVE THINKING.

IN THE COUNTRY NIGERIA, WHERE NOTHING WORKS ACCORDING TO PLAN ANYMORE, PEOPLE LOOSE HOPE AND VALUE FOR LIFE. THE YOUTHS ARE NOT CHALLENGED POSITIVELY, ALL THEY READ IS HOW ONE GOVT OFFICIAL LOOTED . NO JOBS, NO MOTIVATION, NO HOPE, NOTHING TO LOOK UP TO. IN THIS KIND OF SITUATION, ITS EASY FOR PEOPLE TO GIVE IN TO EVIL THOUGHTS WITHOUT CONSIDERING THE CONSEQUENCES.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT THE GUY IS RIGHT IN KILLING THE BOY, I AM SIMPLY SAYING THAT THIS IS THE PRODUCT OF THE ENVIRONMENT THAT THE CORRUPT POLITICIANS HAVE CREATED. AND IF SOMETHING IS NOT DONE SOON ENOUGH TO CREATE EMPLOYMENT AND GIVE BACK HOPE TO THE MASSES, MORE OF SUCH NEWS WILL ARISE.

FINALLY, I PRAY THE CHILD GETS JUSTICE AND THE KILLER EXPERIENCE THE FULL WRATH OF THE LAW.[/b]

11 Likes

Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by Greatken007(m): 2:48am On Jan 24, 2013
Bad pple wil get what they deserve,good pple wil be rewarded for their deeds.
Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by Greatken007(m): 2:55am On Jan 24, 2013
mekaboy: [b]I BLAME THE GOVT FOR THIS, AN IDLE MAN IS THE DEVILS WORKSHOP. THEY GOVT HAS TAKEN THE MOST IMPORTANT THING THAT MAKES PEOPLE CONSIDER THE CONSEQUENCES OF THEIR ACTIONS.(HOPE) THEY HAVE MADE THE YOUTHS HOPELESS, AND WHEN YOU LOOSE HOPE, YOU LOOSE VALUE FOR LIFE.

WHEN THE YOUTHS HAVE HOPE OF GETTING A JOB AFTER SCHOOL, THEY WILL READ. WHEN THEY HAVE HOPE THAT THE GOVT WILL SUPPORT THEM IN RESEARCH OR DEVELOPMENT, THEY WILL PUT THEIR BRAIN TO WORK AND CHANNEL THEIR ENERGY INTO POSITIVE THINKING.

IN THE COUNTRY NIGERIA, WHERE NOTHING WORKS ACCORDING TO PLAN ANYMORE, PEOPLE LOOSE HOPE AND VALUE FOR LIFE. THE YOUTHS ARE NOT CHALLENGED POSITIVELY, ALL THEY READ IS HOW ONE GOVT OFFICIAL LOOTED . NO JOBS, NO MOTIVATION, NO HOPE, NOTHING TO LOOK UP TO. IN THIS KIND OF SITUATION, ITS EASY FOR PEOPLE TO GIVE IN TO EVIL THOUGHTS WITHOUT CONSIDERING THE CONSEQUENCES.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT THE GUY IS RIGHT IN KILLING THE BOY, I AM SIMPLY SAYING THAT THIS IS THE PRODUCT OF THE ENVIRONMENT THAT THE CORRUPT POLITICIANS HAVE CREATED. AND IF SOMETHING IS NOT DONE SOON ENOUGH TO CREATE EMPLOYMENT AND GIVE BACK HOPE TO THE MASSES, MORE OF SUCH NEWS WILL ARISE.

FINALLY, I PRAY THE CHILD GETS JUSTICE AND THE KILLER EXPERIENCE THE FULL WRATH OF THE LAW.[/b]
dont blame your iresponsiblity on the goverment,The fool says he was ones a fabricator and footballer and he wanted to start life afresh,so for som1 to start life afresh he must kill another,my brother God is watching,he that covereth his sin wil nt prosper

3 Likes

Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 3:03am On Jan 24, 2013
blater500:
Tuesday, Patrick was paraded before journalists at the state Police Command in Ikeja. He could not explain the motivation for his actions, preferring to, as usual, blame the devil and greed for his dastardly act.

According to him, “I didn't plan to kill him. The thought came into me all of a sudden when he strolled into my compound. I was just sitting down when he came. As the thought came into me, I didn't pause to think but jumped at him. I took him to the backyard where I used my hands to strangle him to death.

“When I was strangling him, he did not shout or put up a resistance because he thought I was playing with him. By the time he started feeling in pain, he couldn't shout again because I had closed his wind pipes but his eyes spoke to me.”

He added: “It was the devil. I used to be a glass fabricator and a footballer. I don't know what got into me that fateful day. I also don't know what made me demand a ransom. But I had intended to use the money to start life all over again. I was arrested because my brother recognised my handwriting and called in the police.

The man clearly has a mental problem but regardless of that I think he should be killed. People like him should not be left to live among normal folk.
What if the thought to kill goes into his head again?
Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 3:08am On Jan 24, 2013
Is this a baby/child murdering week in Nigeria?
This is the 4th or 5th story this week aLone
I really commend his elder brother for turning in his killer brother
Some family members would have kept silent

2 Likes

Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 3:13am On Jan 24, 2013
lynpetra: Kai!our Ibo brothers can do anything for money.....poor boy.playing with the devil thinking it was a neighbor.Goodnight Ayuba

Of course you missed the second story there beneath the Ibo one
Ode

And in a similar development, the Ketu Police Division also arrested another suspected kidnapper, one Tope Akingbemila, who had attempted to kidnap a five-year-old boy simply identified as Dayo.

THISDAY gathered that the suspect and three others had already dragged the victim into a tricycle popularly known as Keke Marwa and had attempted to flee with him before he was caught by bystanders.

An angry mob chased and arrested Tope while the three others escaped. Tope confessed that he had actively participated in three other kidnap operations that were successful.

Speaking to THISDAY, Tope admitted that his job was to kidnap children and demand ransom. He said: “I am a kidnapper. That is how I make my money. I have successfully kidnapped three children with my partners and collected a ransom of N500,000 each.

“I was brought into the business by Baba Fatai, a babalawo (medicine man). Even when Baba Fatai said he had retired, I continued because it is lucrative.”

Braide said the suspect had been cooperating with the police to assist them track the fleeing gang members, adding that investigation is in progress.

3 Likes

Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 3:23am On Jan 24, 2013
fellis:

The man clearly has a mental problem but regardless of that I think he should be killed. People like him should not be left to live among normal folk.
What if the thought to kill goes into his head again?

It is mind boggling that someone would see an innocent 7 yr. old kid who probably calls him uncle and he would strangle him with his bare hands
I hope someone kills him if the law fails to
Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by henrysam(m): 3:48am On Jan 24, 2013
By this statement of yours I concur you are a murderer too, people that knows you should be very careful of you. And I pray what befell this boy will befall you one day and it shall be treated in family way.

4 Likes

Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by logica(m): 3:52am On Jan 24, 2013
blater500:
The bubble burst when Patrick’s elder brother saw the “kidnapper’s” note and recognised the handwriting to be that of his younger brother. Secretly, the elder brother quizzed him about the author of the handwritten note. But he insisted that he was not the one. He discarded the SIM containing the number he dropped in the note. Not convinced and suspicious of Patrick’s moves, the elder brother reported the matter to the police at the Ikotun Police Station.
At least we can say it doesn't run in the family.

5 Likes

Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by logica(m): 3:56am On Jan 24, 2013
If you have children, please, please and please again; don't let them get familiar with just any neighbor. You have to cherry pick those you allow around yourself and children.
Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by hammedkola(m): 5:03am On Jan 24, 2013
blater500: It was a typical case of man's inhumanity to man when one Onyeka Patrick strangled Ayuba, the seven-year-old son of his neighbour to death in Ikotun, a suburb of Lagos city.
.../

Braide added that upon confession, the suspect led SARS operatives to recover the decomposed body of the victim from the pit. The body has since been deposited at the Isolo General Hospital mortuary for autopsy

Which Autopsy again after confirming that the poor boy was strangled?

“I was brought into the business by Baba Fatai, a babalawo (medicine man) Herbalist. Even when Baba Fatai said he had retired, I continued because it is lucrative.”
Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 6:17am On Jan 24, 2013
Is it me or can anyone else observe that the evil in Nigeria is deepening cry
Re: Man Strangles 7-year-old Boy To Death In Lagos by ifyalways(f): 6:25am On Jan 24, 2013
how do you "deal" with it the family way? Are you by any chance from a family of murderers?
The brother did the right thing! Report him, be there for him while he goes through his time. Tough love.

@topic, my heart goes out to the parents of the boy.such a cruel world

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Code Of Conduct Tribunal Chairman’s Aide Charged For N10 Million Fraud / EFCC Arrests Ministry Of Environment Staff For Fraud / Two Nigerian Women Battle In Ireland Court Over Threat To Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.