Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,933 members, 7,952,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:30 PM

Legalization Of Document At Austrian Embassy - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Legalization Of Document At Austrian Embassy (7330 Views)

Questions Been Asked At The Austrian Embassy / I Need To Book Appointment In Austrian Embassy Abuja, Can Any One Help Please? / How Do You Get A Visa Appointment @ Austrian Embassy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Legalization Of Document At Austrian Embassy by Charming(m): 1:03pm On Jan 23, 2013
Hi everyone, first of all, I am not seeking a visa to travel to Austria. I live have residency in Poland and I want to study a degree programme with an Austrian University(Vienna Technical University of Applied Sciences). The program I intend to study has the possibility to take some long distance courses, then travel to Vienna from time to time during the semester.

But to secure the admission, I have to get my high school documents legalized by the Austrian Authorities in Nigeria.

So, the difficulty am having are:

1. I am in Poland, and I dont intend to travel all the way to Nigeria spending a lot of money
2. I cant reach the embassy at all by phone
3. What it might cost to legalize

So fellow Nigerians, in my case, how do I go about getting my WAEC legalized? I read some post that it cost about 120K with lawyer fee included and afterwards, i have to pay for the documents again.

Please analyze my case, and tell me what to do.

REMEMBER: I live in Poland and I dont need visa to Austria, I have residency in Poland which in turn enable me to travel around other Schengen member states. The program I intend to study is taught fully in English and by Distance study methods which means, in a semester, I have to be on Campus only 9 times.

I have a wife and a son, so a traditional class is not on my page right now, thats why I want to take this opportunity to do something for myself and my family.

Any suggestions are highly welcomed.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Legalization Of Document At Austrian Embassy by roksonalan: 11:50am On Jan 24, 2013
I have a similar problem getting admission in Austria because of this high school certificate legalization. Please any one that has an on how it will be done and the price in Abuja should help. paying 120,000 naira for just a certificate is not right. Anybody with information please help
Re: Legalization Of Document At Austrian Embassy by yemmyma: 3:35am On Jan 25, 2013
Get in touch with them by email and state your case. They will answer you.

abuja-ob@bmeia.gv.at
Re: Legalization Of Document At Austrian Embassy by yomyjoe(m): 8:52pm On Nov 11, 2016
Hello sir, pls, have u been able to resolve this issue because I aam also in the same boat. Pls epp me because the money is too much

Charming:
Hi everyone, first of all, I am not seeking a visa to travel to Austria. I live have residency in Poland and I want to study a degree programme with an Austrian University(Vienna Technical University of Applied Sciences). The program I intend to study has the possibility to take some long distance courses, then travel to Vienna from time to time during the semester.

But to secure the admission, I have to get my high school documents legalized by the Austrian Authorities in Nigeria.

1. I am in Poland, and I dont intend to travel all the way to Nigeria spending a lot of money

So fellow Nigerians, in my case, how do I go about getting my WAEC legalized? I read some post that it cost about 120K with lawyer fee included and afterwards, i have to pay for the documents again.

REMEMBER: I live in Poland and I dont need visa to Austria, I have residency in Poland which in turn enable me to travel around other Schengen member states. The program I intend to study is taught fully in English and by Distance study methods which means, in a semester, I have to be on Campus only 9 times.

I have a wife and a son, so a traditional class is not on my page right now, thats why I want to take this opportunity to do something for myself and my family.

Thanks
Re: Legalization Of Document At Austrian Embassy by yomyjoe(m): 8:53pm On Nov 11, 2016
Hello sir, pls, have u been able to resolve this issue because I aam also in the same boat. Pls epp me because the money is too much

Charming post=1397142

[quote author=roksonalan
:
I have a similar problem getting admission in Austria because of this high school certificate legalization. Please any one that has an on how it will be done and the price in Abuja should help. paying 120,000 naira for just a certificate is not right. Anybody with information please help
Re: Legalization Of Document At Austrian Embassy by yomyjoe(m): 8:54pm On Nov 11, 2016
Pls you people should epp me concerning my application to Austria School and Embassy.
1. Will I legalise or notarise my documents before sending it to the school? 
2. Will I also legalise or notarise my documents at the Austrian embassy in abuja for visa and residence permit application. Because the Austrian embassy is charging N120,000 for legalisation and authentication of documents and they said it will take between 8-12wks.
So I was thinking if I should do it on my own at the ministry of education Abuja, it won't be that expensive instead of paying that heavy amount. But I am scared maybe they will reject it.
I am not sure, pls advice me because I be JJC. Any advice about the procedure will be appreciated.
Re: Legalization Of Document At Austrian Embassy by eMidas: 1:37pm On Nov 13, 2016
@Yomyjoe
It's 40Euros per document for Legalization. You only incur extra N120k if they need to further verify the documents before legalization. I need to keep in touch with you s I am considering Austria as well. Hope you don't mind. I will soon get to their embassy in Abuja.

https://www.bmeia.gv.at/en/embassy/abuja/practical-advice/information-on-specific-consular-questions/legalization-of-documents.html

1 Like

Re: Legalization Of Document At Austrian Embassy by yomyjoe(m): 8:29pm On Nov 13, 2016
No problem sir @eMidas

eMidas:
@Yomyjoe
It's 40Euros per document for Legalization. You only incur extra N120k if they need to further verify the documents before legalization. I need to keep in touch with you s I am considering Austria as well. Hope you don't mind. I will soon get to their embassy in Abuja.

https://www.bmeia.gv.at/en/embassy/abuja/practical-advice/information-on-specific-consular-questions/legalization-of-documents.html

1 Like

Re: Legalization Of Document At Austrian Embassy by helsinkiman(m): 7:31am On Apr 12, 2017
yomyjoe:

Please have you been able to resolve this? Please kindly guide me, I need to do the same thing. Thanks
Re: Legalization Of Document At Austrian Embassy by helsinkiman(m): 7:32am On Apr 12, 2017
Charming:

Thanks

Please how did you resolve this? I need to legalise my documents as well. Please help.
Re: Legalization Of Document At Austrian Embassy by Davidson5(m): 4:14pm On Apr 12, 2017
Well I don't know if someone can do that on your behalf that's a family or... so if it's possible then you have to use dhl or other. The most important thing get in touch with Austria embassy here in Nigeria before any further procedures.

(1) (Reply)

2 White Lions Weighing 180kg Ganged Up, Ate Their Owner In South Africa (Pics) / Getting Another Nigerian E-passport? / Notable Polish-Nigerians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.