Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri (18288 Views)

Abians Welcome Governor Ikpeazu At Sam Mbakwe's Airport, Owerri(Photos) / Saraki Commissions Remodelled Senate Press Centre In Abuja (photos) / STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by ARROBA(m): 6:51am On Jan 24, 2013

4 Likes

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by ARROBA(m): 6:53am On Jan 24, 2013

1 Like

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by geeez: 7:12am On Jan 24, 2013
The Minister of Aviation looks very cosmetic and that's exactly her approach to aviation business in Nigeria. Remodeling airports which I think should be concessioned and not addressing the real issues like safety and security of passengers. Even the runways are in pitiable states. She prefers some cosmetic surgery as treatment for a skin disease rather than address the underlying cause. It's a shame

10 Likes

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by drnoel: 7:42am On Jan 24, 2013
these people are really nasty. I flew thru that airport some days ago amd their are lots of places still not completed. The airport has only one landing strip. Look people, half news is no news

1 Like

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Abagworo(m): 8:15am On Jan 24, 2013
geeez: The Minister of Aviation looks very cosmetic and that's exactly her approach to aviation business in Nigeria. Remodeling airports which I think should be concessioned and not addressing the real issues like safety and security of passengers. Even the runways are in pitiable states. She prefers some cosmetic surgery as treatment for a skin disease rather than address the underlying cause. It's a shame

I laughed so hard when I saw the pictures. An airport is simply the control tower and good runway. The impression I'm getting is that of a beautiful mansion without power, food and water supply.

5 Likes

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Bawss1(m): 8:19am On Jan 24, 2013
geeez: The Minister of Aviation looks very cosmetic and that's exactly her approach to aviation business in Nigeria. Remodeling airports which I think should be concessioned and not addressing the real issues like safety and security of passengers. Even the runways are in pitiable states. She prefers some cosmetic surgery as treatment for a skin disease rather than address the underlying cause. It's a shame

What is needed is for the remodelling of the airports to be carried out properly. Shallow and vitriolic comments like yours are uncalled for. Suggest a better way forward, if you must, without insults.

15 Likes

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Maxymilliano(m): 8:43am On Jan 24, 2013

Remodeling of Owerri Airport still remains a work in progress, not completed yet. Labaran Maku was there for inspection as part of good governance tour. We've seen pictures of governors inspecting ongoing projects and celebrate them as 'visionaries', why condemning a minister for an unfinished job yet to be handed over for use?

15 Likes

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 24, 2013
how many likes are expecting from this poo??

1 Like

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by balladin: 9:36am On Jan 24, 2013
Hey Nigerians!!! Can anyone please you? Our airports that looked like Ekene dili chukwu parks in the past are being given a facelift and people are complaining. Nobody is arguing about safety here, S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ don't digress.

6 Likes

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Vlyrics: 9:40am On Jan 24, 2013
Some ppl here just run der mouth witout thinkin? Doesnt remodellin also affect d runway? D minister of avaiation is doin a his/her job well... Comfort can also affect safety in some way.

2 Likes

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by yungdamaz(m): 9:45am On Jan 24, 2013
Comfort can also affect safety in some way.[/quote]u are joking abt dat ryt? Comfort can also affect safety in some way.[/quote]u are joking abt dat ryt?
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by yungdamaz(m): 9:45am On Jan 24, 2013
Comfort can also affect safety in some way.[/quote]u are joking abt dat ryt? U are comfortable means u are safe??
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by hollypagan: 9:46am On Jan 24, 2013
this looks like bus station in japan
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by nairalady(f): 9:51am On Jan 24, 2013
holly-pagan:
lol..na waa for u oo grin
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Buchianom(m): 9:53am On Jan 24, 2013
I weak fr Nigerians o! If she hasn't renovated we wld complain,nw dat they ar renovating it peeps are still complaining. Wetin we want sef
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by thelastPope(m): 9:53am On Jan 24, 2013
Abagworo:

I laughed so hard when I saw the pictures. An airport is simply the control tower and good runway. The impression I'm getting is that of a beautiful mansion without power, food and water supply.

Why do you ACN supporters always seek to ridicule other tribes, anything from other states, or anything from the FG? Is that your idea of opposition politics? You lot are very divisive and petty. It is really sad!

6 Likes

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 24, 2013
Bawss1:

What is needed is for the remodelling of the airports to be carried out properly. Shallow and vitriolic comments like yours are uncalled for. Suggest a better way forward, if you must, without insults.
geez made perfect sense. Try to clear the sentiments from your eyes and be objective.
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Ozonna(m): 9:56am On Jan 24, 2013
Nigerians so difficult to please. Abagworo believes that this is just a beautiful mansion while Holy pagan says that the airport looks like a bus station in Japan undecided.

This cant take away the fact that this minister of Aviation is doing remarkably well

3 Likes

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Cruxxy(m): 10:00am On Jan 24, 2013
You condemn as if you can do better. She should be commended for at least giving our airports a befitting look. Half bread is better than biscuit

2 Likes

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by malignant1: 10:00am On Jan 24, 2013
holly-pagan:
grin
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by dridowu: 10:01am On Jan 24, 2013
Hmmmmm,
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 24, 2013
holly-pagan:
what if it does, Nigeria's budget is <$50bn, Japan's 2013 budget is >$1trn.

3 Likes

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by TonySpike: 10:08am On Jan 24, 2013
holly-pagan:

It looks like a bus/train station in South Africa too
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 24, 2013
if this same thing was to happen in lagos, you'd be like "eko oni bajeooo"..but it is happening somewhere else so its not enough!! Clap for yourself

3 Likes

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Onlinebiz2012: 10:30am On Jan 24, 2013
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by soochukwu(m): 10:39am On Jan 24, 2013
Government is a process,if government in Nigeria begin to work steadily then there is hope for the future.thumbs Up

2 Likes

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by executinal(m): 10:42am On Jan 24, 2013
Good
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:00pm On Jan 24, 2013
Maxymilliano:

Remodeling of Owerri Airport still remains a work in progress, not completed yet. Labaran Maku was there for inspection as part of good governance tour. We've seen pictures of governors inspecting ongoing projects and celebrate them as 'visionaries', why condemning a minister for an unfinished job yet to be handed over for use?
Its because the project is nt in southwest and minister is nt 4rm there too u could see him singing praises of the piples involve, that guy never luv any gud 4rm southeast

4 Likes

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 24, 2013

But if it was Fashola commissioning an unfinished project in Lagos your mouth would have been filled with oil while praising him and shouting eko oni baje o baje o. Abeg GAN Sit Dan!

6 Likes

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 24, 2013
Ozonna: Nigerians so difficult to please. Abagworo believes that this is just a beautiful mansion while Holy pagan says that the airport looks like a bus station in Japan undecided.

Don't listen to them. They're idiots who haven't achieved anything remotely close to what they're insulting in their own lives.
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:26pm On Jan 24, 2013
Why are the ceilings so low?....there's no feeling of space; and any escalators/travelators/lifts installed?
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Arobam: 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2013
It's so unfortunate that some Nigerians are so parochial and hateful. How can any sane mind have problem with the remodelling of airports?
This is development at work. The remodelling is not only for the building alone. It involves the runways and the control tower.
And who told you that Sam Mbakwe airports are not safe? Have you heard of any mishap or incident in Owerri airport owing to poor facilities.
Why must we be this critical of this government?
If you see somebody who is working, appreciate it. These airports were not like this before.
But the present minister is really upgrading them and giving them a facelift. She deserves our kudos

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ / Stay Away From Our State – Enugu Government Warns MASSOB, IPOB / 2019: Atiku Submits His Nomination Form To PDP (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.