Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri (18287 Views)

Abians Welcome Governor Ikpeazu At Sam Mbakwe's Airport, Owerri(Photos) / Saraki Commissions Remodelled Senate Press Centre In Abuja (photos) / STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by PHIPEX(m): 2:34pm On Jan 24, 2013
geeez: The Minister of Aviation looks very cosmetic and that's exactly her approach to aviation business in Nigeria. Remodeling airports which I think should be concessioned and not addressing the real issues like safety and security of passengers. Even the runways are in pitiable states. She prefers some cosmetic surgery as treatment for a skin disease rather than address the underlying cause. It's a shame
And who said a remodelled airport can not be concessioned? Lets give honour to whom it's due.

3 Likes

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by musiwa12: 2:35pm On Jan 24, 2013
this is a state own airport, i think, is it not. anymore..

And he leave ibadan which is 10 times bigger than owerri.. does that not tell you goodluck is a tribalist. like the other nigerian.. they are all the same..

http://nancms.heroku.com/media/BAhbB1sHOgZmSSIpOWMwMDk3YjQ2MDI2YTljNTFhMjQwYzEzZGZkZDlmNGYuanBnBjoGRVRbCDoGcDoKdGh1bWJJIgk3MjB4BjsGVA/9c0097b46026a9c51a240c13dfdd9f4f.jpg
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by thelastPope(m): 3:03pm On Jan 24, 2013
musiwa12: this is a state own airport, i think, is it not. anymore..

And he leave ibadan which is 10 times bigger than owerri.. does that not tell you goodluck is a tribalist. like the other nigerian.. they are all the same..

http://nancms.heroku.com/media/BAhbB1sHOgZmSSIpOWMwMDk3YjQ2MDI2YTljNTFhMjQwYzEzZGZkZDlmNGYuanBnBjoGRVRbCDoGcDoKdGh1bWJJIgk3MjB4BjsGVA/9c0097b46026a9c51a240c13dfdd9f4f.jpg

Please carry your bad english to another thread my friend. Stop making a fool of yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by tevinsolt: 3:14pm On Jan 24, 2013
looks like an high school in America cheesy
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by talktimi(m): 3:33pm On Jan 24, 2013
geeez: The Minister of Aviation looks very cosmetic and that's exactly her approach to aviation business in Nigeria. Remodeling airports which I think should be concessioned and not addressing the real issues like safety and security of passengers. Even the runways are in pitiable states. She prefers some cosmetic surgery as treatment for a skin disease rather than address the underlying cause. It's a shame
na wa for you sef, before it is our airports are a disgrace what is govt doing about it ? Now the question is why is govt working on the airports. Why una dey so difficult to please like this sef. Maybe you prefer shabby looking airports

1 Like

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Otono77: 3:38pm On Jan 24, 2013
Looks like a tool shed in Botswana shocked
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 24, 2013
liberty300: if this same thing was to happen in lagos, you'd be like "eko oni bajeooo"..but it is happening somewhere else so its not enough!! Clap for yourself
abeg help me tell the murrafucker! haters on the loose! angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by dayokanu(m): 3:44pm On Jan 24, 2013
thelastPope:

Why do you ACN supporters always seek to ridicule other tribes, anything from other states, or anything from the FG? Is that your idea of opposition politics? You lot are very divisive and petty. It is really sad!

You must be a tool, When did Abagworo become ACN and which tribe is Abagworo trying to ridicule

Maybe you should explain that to us
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by talktimi(m): 3:55pm On Jan 24, 2013
musiwa12: this is a state own airport, i think, is it not. anymore..

onye ara... No be only ibadan , na bodija

1 Like

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by EkoIle1: 4:00pm On Jan 24, 2013
Looks more like okporoko storage warehouse still under construction..

smh...
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Roseart: 4:06pm On Jan 24, 2013
Can your father do better grin looks like standard Nigerian construction that is in all 36 states and the FCT.
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by EkoIle1: 4:17pm On Jan 24, 2013
Reminds me of the ribbon and ladder enugu village air strip.

smh...
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by talktimi(m): 4:17pm On Jan 24, 2013
Eko Ile: Looks more like okporoko storage warehouse still under construction..

smh...
bad belle
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Cuckoo48: 4:21pm On Jan 24, 2013
I love this woman. She is the only person working in this government. This airport terminal was little more than a hut before thiis remarkable transformation. Am simply stunned at the turnaround. Those criticizing it as mere cosmetic facelift, drink vitamins to protect your health but step out unwashed everyday in dirty tattered clothes and see how far you will get in life. What is wrong with doing both security and cosmetic rehab simultaneously? STELLA ODUAH FOR PRESIDENT!!!

4 Likes

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Adurangba(f): 4:46pm On Jan 24, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
Why are the ceilings so low?....there's no feeling of space; and any escalators/travelators/lifts installed?

mtcheww. is it not just one floor?
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by PROUDIGBO(m): 5:56pm On Jan 24, 2013
Adura_ngba:

mtcheww. is it not just one floor?

^^^You don't see it's a one-storied terminal? I'm assuming they would have made provision for the use of jetways so the aircraft can pull up to the terminal buiding and the passengers don't have to brave the elements when boarding or disembarking; if this is the case then passengers would have to proceed upstairs for check-in, and could do with the assistance of escalators or lifts.....also, don't forget that this would make the airport wheelchair friendly as well.

The aviation minister talked of 'world standards' for our airports, and you would agree with me that this is part of the minimum standards acceptable.
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Abagworo(m): 5:57pm On Jan 24, 2013
dayokanu:

You must be a tool, When did Abagworo become ACN and which tribe is Abagworo trying to ridicule

Maybe you should explain that to us

LMFAO. Thanks for talking on my behalf. I was only saying the truth and I'm from Imo State for that matter. I'm scared of landing on any Nigerian Airport outside Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. If the runways at the Imo Airport are expanded and upgraded, it could raise my confidence and not just beautification.
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by dayokanu(m): 5:59pm On Jan 24, 2013
Abagworo:

LMFAO. Thanks for talking on my behalf. I was only saying the truth and I'm from Imo State for that matter. I'm scared of landing on any Nigerian Airport outside Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. If the runways at the Imo Airport are expanded and upgraded, it could raise my confidence and not just beautification.

So anyone who says anything against the govt must be from ACN and from a particular tribe

Thats the caliber of People who support Retardeen Jonathan as clueless as the president
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by obi2012: 6:12pm On Jan 24, 2013
u cant please people...
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Roseart: 6:12pm On Jan 24, 2013
dayokanu:

So anyone who says anything against the govt must be from ACN and from a particular tribe

Thats the caliber of People who support Retardeen Jonathan as clueless as the president

Come on now, nearly every thread I view if its not something happening in Lagos certain folks will criticize everything about the project. Most of them being your brothers grin

If this thing looked like the airport in Beijing, Fashola's b1tch would still open his mouth to criticize it.
I bet my bottom dollar if this had been constructed in Lagos some people would flogging themselves silly as praises for the thing.

That's why most folks turn a blind eye to the people who get pissed that Lagos is trashed. One good turn deserves another o tongue

2 Likes

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by asha80(m): 7:01pm On Jan 24, 2013
almost all the remodelled aiport have the same design.the benin own looks like this.
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 24, 2013
asha 80: almost all the remodelled aiport have the same design.the benin own looks like this.

So true. The Enugu domestic terminal will also have the same exterior design.
I agree with Abagworo that the runways need to be expanded too. Anyways, kudos to the Aviation minister for the remodelling projects.
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by EkoIle1: 8:38pm On Jan 24, 2013
So, these are cookie cutter airports with uniform designs..?

lmao..
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 24, 2013
Eko Ile: So, these are cookie cutter airports with uniform designs..?

lmao..

I think the Aviation ministry contracted the projects to the same company; just as the Chinese CCECC would construct the 5 new international terminals.
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by OmoTier1(m): 8:49pm On Jan 24, 2013
Arobam: It's so unfortunate that some Nigerians are so parochial and hateful. How can any sane mind have problem with the remodelling of airports?
This is development at work. The remodelling is not only for the building alone. It involves the runways and the control tower.
And who told you that Sam Mbakwe airports are not safe? Have you heard of any mishap or incident in Owerri airport owing to poor facilities.
Why must we be this critical of this government?
If you see somebody who is working, appreciate it. These airports were not like this before.
But the present minister is really upgrading them and giving them a facelift. She deserves our kudos
Because low minds like you have barely set your foot outside of Nigeria to see what an Airport really looks like! Remodelling an airport goes beyond painting walls and ceilings. It is total re-planning of the now and future capacity of the airport and that begins with the runway utilization planning, control tower 24/7 operations, aircraft handling facilities and passenger's comfort.

Come to some of the airports here in Europe, used by most of the low cost carriers, now much can be said about the passenger's comfort zone but they make sure the main thing that makes an airport function 24/7 is available!

1 Like

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 24, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Because low minds like you have barely set your foot outside of Nigeria to see what an Airport really looks like! Remodelling an airport goes beyond painting walls and ceilings. It is total re-planning of the now and future capacity of the airport and that begins with the runway utilization planning, control tower 24/7 operations, aircraft handling facilities and passenger's comfort.

Come to some of the airports here in Europe, used by most of the low cost carriers, now much can be said about the passenger's comfort zone but they make sure the main thing that makes an airport function 24/7 is available!

The Sam Mbakwe airport could be further developed to European/Asian standards in the future. I don't think this will be the last major upgrade of the airport. In fact, airports all over the world are sites of continuous construction works.

1 Like

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by manny4life(m): 9:17pm On Jan 24, 2013
I just love how Nigerians argue, people can immediately look at an uncompleted (still in production) bldg and immediately predict that safety and security is lagging... Madam minister, abg continue your work, leave all the haterz with their hatorade, let them drink and suffer. Before we run, we must learn to crawl, then walk... Let them bring the airport online, when it become 100% viable, then we can talk of expansion plans. JFK, LHR, ATL, etc did not have plans, it was growth that prompted it.

4 Likes

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by asha80(m): 9:20pm On Jan 24, 2013
manny4life: I just love how Nigerians argue, people can immediately look at an uncompleted (still in production) bldg and immediately predict that safety and security is lagging... Madam minister, abg continue your work, leave all the haterz with their hatorade, let them drink and suffer. Before we run, we must learn to crawl, then walk... Let them bring the airport online, when it become 100% viable, then we can talk of expansion plans. JFK, LHR, ATL, etc did not have plans, it was growth that prompted it.

are you sure about that?
Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by obi2012: 9:23pm On Jan 24, 2013
no one is doubting now.. but na small small we go take do am... it is better than not doing anything at all..

Omo_Tier1:

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by manny4life(m): 9:24pm On Jan 24, 2013
asha 80:

are you sure about that?

100% certain. ATL did not have in its plan for the newest runway, when traffic was congested so hard, they bought out the land close by and added another runway that cost more than $1billion. Even the terminals were built out by Delta since Delta uses ATL as it's main hub. What I'm saying in essence is that you cannot ultimately assume that you will grow ... boom, expansion comes with growth. Most airports that are expanding or remodeling afresh did not have it in their plans else they won't tear down structures and start all over.

1 Like

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 24, 2013
manny4life:

100% certain. ATL did not have in its plan for the newest runway, when traffic was congested so hard, they bought out the land close by and added another runway that cost more than $1billion. Even the terminals were built out by Delta since Delta uses ATL as it's main hub.

OMG!! A runway cost N160bn?! Maybe it was built in a difficult terrain.

Please don't let any Nigerian govt official see your post o; before they get other ideas grin

1 Like

Re: Remodelled Sam Mbakwe Airport , Owerri by manny4life(m): 9:28pm On Jan 24, 2013
CFCfan:

OMG!! A runway cost N160bn?! Maybe it was built in a difficult terrain.

Please don't let any Nigerian govt official see your post o; before they get other ideas grin

lol.. Bros, I'm not lying, look it up. This is not exaggeration.

ATL runway remains the worlds most expensive runway ever being built.

Though it's a CAT III runway, but me sef, I scratched my head twice when I saw the figure.. ATL will make the money back, worse case 10 years.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

‘army Getting New Weapons To Combat B’ Haram’ / Xenophobia: FG Faults Fake Videos In Circulation, Warns Against Reprisal Attacks / Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Soldier Pens Memorable Tribute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.