Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,116 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Why Do Men Marry? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Marry? (3860 Views)

Opinion!! Why Do Handsome Men Marry Ugly Women?? / Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? / Why Do Goodlooking Men Marry Ugly Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Marry? by Priscila(f): 5:04pm On Apr 30, 2006
remember I mentioned men and women thread will come another day!
I would like two know reasons eg For love,companion,help,babies and all that stuff
so lets go! I believe every man or lady here will give variable reasons as to why men marry
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by Eastcoast(f): 5:16pm On Apr 30, 2006
bcoz they r predisposed 2 fall in love w/ da opposite sex
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by nobledanie(m): 6:24pm On Apr 30, 2006
God sanctioned marriage so its a must
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by Seun(m): 6:51pm On Apr 30, 2006
Nigerian Men get married because:
1) They want someone to carry their babies.
2) They want someone to cook and clean for them.
3) They want to show the world that they have 'arrived'.
4) They want easier sex (sadly, this is only a mirage).
5) They need someone to boss around ('head').
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by shockreaction(m): 8:58pm On Apr 30, 2006
To make babies. grin
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by chinani(f): 10:11pm On Apr 30, 2006
@Nwoke
"Easier sex" isn't exactly a mirage. Married ppl have sex more frequently according to studies, health organizations & random polls. However, it may come at the "price" of committment or nagging etc. etc. Is this what you meant?

@Topic
Men marry for 2 and only 2 reasons
(a) Love
(b) Ego --- reasons other than love always lead back to the ego & the man's complex sad
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by Ashiwaju(m): 1:48am On May 01, 2006
i totally concor with Nwoke's opinion but the foremost reasons is submission to the will of God because thats the only reason why it is imoral for a child to have more than one father and thanks to the holy book because i know some guys wey go just want dey tosibe till jesus come,.
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:49am On May 01, 2006
men marry cuz they cant keep their fxckin d**ks in their pants!!!!!!!!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by zeb(m): 1:55am On May 01, 2006
Our God  has made a man in a Divine Order to search for his missing ribs or flesh of his flesh.  

But if a man don't find a mate in life to marry then Man must not live by bread alone  

You can marry your hands  and chill your self  with masturbation,
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by hotangel2(f): 7:24am On May 01, 2006
Men marry because, at a stage in everyone's life, U need a patner. That particular someone! That'll be there for you.
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by salako: 8:30am On May 01, 2006
To marry is to TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for A Woman and any children you may have together till death. To marry is actuall one of the most sacred acts Man can do.

Initially AND still - men and women are to remain virgins until marriage then they will have intercourse after the ceremony. This is called Consummation ie Completion or Bringing to Perfection.

It is a Very Holy act between two people.

Should the woman be a virgin (as she SHOULD) then her hymen should be intact. The breaking of it during the act of (first) sex will release blood. That blood will make contact with the husbands penis and what you have is a (biblical) BLOOD COVENANT. The same type of covenant God has made with all of Man via the Blood of Christ. This is what God intends for us all. That is the covenent a man will have with his wife.

To marry is to create a family. Family means 'Fathers House' that means the Husband is the Absolute authority accountable to God. For this reason a Woman can put herself under his authority because she knows that his actions towards her will be of Gods guidelines. Gods calls for men to lead/ dicsiple his house Gen 3:16.

A man who marries does so because he is READY to take the Authority and Accountability of a Husband.
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by Priscila(f): 9:57am On May 01, 2006
Men who are not yet married!
You should marry cos its scientifically proven married men live ten years more than unmarried!
Secondly they make thrice more money than unmarried
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by kajad(m): 10:25am On May 01, 2006
Priscila:

Men who are not yet married!
You should marry because its scientifically proven married men live ten years more than unmarried!
Secondly they make thrice more money than unmarried
Scientifically Proven?
undecided
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by Seun(m): 10:36am On May 01, 2006
He's right that married people are generally richer and healthier than unmarried people. This could simply be because when people start thinking of marriage when they are doing well in life.
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by kajad(m): 10:39am On May 01, 2006
or when they can't afford to keep paying for sex. wink
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by babymine(f): 10:40am On May 01, 2006
For love. kiss
For multiplication. Go ye and multiply.  wink
For companionship.  smiley
And for a thousand and one other reasons.  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by bolex(m): 3:45pm On May 01, 2006
Well

I will speak for maself

I will marry cos it's the othodox thing to do

Because I need a real life partner forever

I wanna go to heaven holding someone by ma side

I don't wanna be 35 and not have kids

I wanna spend ma life with that 1 special gal

shizzle , I wanna marry for 100 reasons

can't think of them all
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by flyKUDE(m): 3:59pm On May 01, 2006
really,men marry for cheap,or almost free sex.
the other is to make babies who'd inherit anything they may have.
but wait!!,can we ask why women get married too i think theirs
is for security,can the ladies confirm this? grin
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by freddie1(m): 4:51pm On May 01, 2006
Men marry so that they can make love officially without raised eyebrows! grin
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by Priscila(f): 5:22pm On May 01, 2006
Our husbands!
1.No one is saying he married because she was pregnant
2.or cos it was the about time,or injury time or out of time
3. or you marry because of security,source of income or prestige
4. To gain religious or social support
5.tired of dating
6. Asked or forced to do so
7For status

Those are the answers we want to hear cos the biblical one and love thing we already know. What has love got to do with tis?

Pls be realistic we need all sorts of reaspons cos it differs with individual me!
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by 4Play(m): 6:57pm On May 01, 2006
sadTo get laid on a fairly regular basis,every other person is getting married ,to dispel doubts about sexual orientation,laundry,positive pregnancy tests,etc.These are very good reasons to get married and no matter how much you dread it,at some point we have to get married.It is one of the saddest moments of a man's life and any married man who disputes this is not being honest. For me,I still have 40 years more of bachelorhood to go
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by princeonx: 8:09pm On May 01, 2006
If you think men get married just to have easy sex or because they can't control their d**k, I wonder why women play part in it! Does that mean women are cheap/easy sex objects? so marriage is now for sex and sex only purpose? I can't believe some post and replies people make here! someone even said its "for free sex" do you have to get married for sex? We sound smarter when we close our mouth instead of saying sh**t just for oppinion, comments, or talking sake! NL should be wiser than this!
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by Rhodalyn(f): 8:11pm On May 01, 2006
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 01, 2006
Men ( i mean me!) get married for the following reasons:

1. companionship - no matter how long you "play the game", there will come a time you will long to have that someone u can rely on, confide in, love, care for, have pillow fights with, take walks with, hold hands with, yell at and get yelled at, take out the thrash for, someone to nag u once a while.
2. Kids - you stare at other kids and u're wondering how urs would look like, how would it feel to hold YOUR baby in ur arms, whih school would you put him/her ( i vote for HER!).
3. Peace of mind - no more looking at other girls (well, random looks still allowed).
4. Sex - it's all part of the package.
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by kajad(m): 9:31am On May 02, 2006
bolex:

Well

I want to go to heaven holding someone by ma side

Re: Why Do Men Marry? by babymine(f): 9:47am On May 02, 2006
@ Kajad

Answer the question. grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by Ashiwaju(m): 11:09am On May 02, 2006
Men just gatto do what they gatto do. and dont forget that you do somethings because you want to do it and somethings are that you have to do. so in my opinion. you marry because you just have to marry and at that person who has 40 more years to live b4 marriage, May God Help you. Amen
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by kajad(m): 1:41pm On May 02, 2006
babymine:

@ Kajad

Answer the question. grin grin grin
What Question? How should i know how he would go to heaven with someone be his side?   
If you know please tell. My drift is that he would kill the woman to go with him    How?
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by Z4M4eva(f): 1:50pm On May 02, 2006
They get married 'Cos they are in love, and want to spend the rest of their life with their partner.
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by Rottweiler(m): 2:07pm On May 02, 2006
Men marry because IT'S THE NEXT LEVEL IN EVERY RELATIONSHIP!
Just look at it this way:
[list]
[li]You meet a lady you like
You try all you can to catch her attention and become her friend
You eventually do, then you start 'toasting' her
If she agrees, you start showering her with love
You take out for lunch, dinner, shows, whatever
You start scheming to go intimate, kissing, smouching, then sex
Then more sex
And more sex
When sex becomes a routine, you then think of keeping her for you and you alone
How do you do this? Take her to the alter of course. Well some impregnates,
Then you get married
Then the kids come
Then you feel like repeating the circle again[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

You start chasing the spinsters out there
It's a funny world you know. grin
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by Rhea(f): 2:37pm On May 02, 2006
Marriage is there to ensure the pre-planned continuity of the human race.
Pre-planned becaause children will be raised in a more structured manner. Yes, single mothers and fathers can raise children, but

Personally I would want to marry because I would wish to consolidate the love I have for my girlfriend. I would liken it to consolidating wealth in an investment policy. You invest your love and commitment and watch it grow and flourish. You invest wisely, you reap wisely.
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by 4Play(m): 3:18pm On May 02, 2006
Z4M4eva link=topic=11734.msg331043#msg331043 date=1146574227]
They get married 'Cos they are in love, and want to spend the rest of their life with their partner
[/quote].
[quote]
This lady deserves a Nobel Laurette for Naivety if she thinks this way.No sane man wants to spend the rest of his of his life with one partner.This is what women think after growing up reading the Mills and Boon series.
Sorry to dissapoint you but most real men will rather be castrated with a blunt knife than desire to spend the rest of their life with a single partner.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

These Girls Sure Are Scorching Hot. / My Girlfriend Came To See Me But Went With Another Guy Into His Flat Until Now / Jezzzzz – Check Out 50 Cent’s New Bodacious Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.