Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,483 members, 7,954,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:08 AM

Why Do Men Marry? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Marry? (3925 Views)

Opinion!! Why Do Handsome Men Marry Ugly Women?? / Do Nigerian Men Marry Non-nigerian Girls? / Why Do Goodlooking Men Marry Ugly Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Marry? by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 02, 2006
4 Play:

Z4M4eva link=topic=11734.msg331043#msg331043 date=1146574227]
They get married 'Cos they are in love, and want to spend the rest of their life with their partner
This lady deserves a Nobel Laurette for Naivety if she thinks this way.No sane man wants to spend the rest of his of his life with one partner.This is what women think after growing up reading the Mills and Boon series.
Sorry to dissapoint you but most real men will rather be castrated with a blunt knife than desire to spend the rest of their life with a single partner.

Please delete the words "most men" and replace with your name. There are millions of men (urs sincerely included) who are waiting anxiously to spend the rest of their lives with a single companion!
No sane man will ever wish to marry more than one wife or wish to maintain hundreds of concubines besides his wife. it is both emotionally and financially draining. I look forward to nothing more than a quiet life with my wife and future kids!
Stop using "most men" as a smokescreen to legalise your irresponsible behavior. "Most men" are not dogs.
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by Priscila(f): 3:41pm On May 02, 2006
Sopme just one to cook. thats all
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by Ashiwaju(m): 4:11pm On May 02, 2006
@4 Play , so silly of u to generalise men, and how can you say men would rather be castrated. haba, Men no be dog now, which kind evil modification be dt. Anyways like someone has said, put your name instead of most men.

Everyone one has thier reason for getting marriage. For Love, For God and for Continuity.
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by babymine(f): 6:56pm On May 02, 2006
Procreation. cheesy
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by ginola(m): 7:12pm On May 02, 2006
Men marry because they want a tool at home so dat they fool around out-home
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 02, 2006
ginola:

Men marry because they want a tool at home so that they fool around out-home

at least they want that tool at home not outside and u shld be glad they even want to fool around with her at all.
many would rather fool around outside.
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by chinani(f): 9:35pm On May 02, 2006
ginola:

Men marry because they want a tool at home so that they fool around out-home
That's a reason for a maid or housekeeper. Not a reason to marry. You should reevalute your defns.
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by curiousNja(f): 4:36am On May 03, 2006
@ Nwoke, right on! Those were always my suspicions, so tx for confirming them.
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by belloti(m): 9:53am On May 03, 2006
i guess, its just for the kids. What else?.
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by babymine(f): 12:32pm On May 03, 2006
Because they have to. grin
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by whitelexi(m): 2:17pm On May 03, 2006
Men get married cos its the right thing to do at a certain age. A man needs a companion, a friend just as God created it, unfortunately though, today we now have she-men who even now have balls grin
Thats not the way it was created by God smiley
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by kimba(m): 5:19pm On May 03, 2006
@Priscilla,

I wonder why you are asking this question, Is it only men that get married, dont they get married to women(except those whose brain cells have kolo'd), so maybe you could tell us why women get married(women whose brains havent kolo'd), cheesy cheesy

Man lives his life in stages. At one point, I was thinking about secondary schl, then I began thinking, University, exam, passing and grades, , later I started thinking career, work, etc., and now, its all girls and marriage, sometimes, i think this world is crazy.

Now those who got married, after the even started thinking babies, babies, milk and babyfood,, then later they start thinking, daycare, nursery primary, and so the cycle begins again.

I would get married because of:
- its the next right thing to do, cheesy
- Love, at least when "She" arrives
- Companionship, ill love to share my life with someone
- Raise up a family, kids, settle down,
- have fun. A good wife is the best person to have fun with,
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by celemel(m): 11:01pm On May 04, 2006
Men don't marry. Rather, they are married by women! Check this out in the dictionary. Why do men allow themselves to be married by women? The answer is, he is completely helpless, vulnerable and weak. Chikena!
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by celemel(m): 11:01pm On May 04, 2006
Men don't marry.  Rather, they are married by women!  Check this out in the dictionary.  Why do men allow themselves to be married by women?  The answer is, he is completely helpless, vulnerable and weak.  Chikena! embarassed embarassed embarassed shocked
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by Priscila(f): 10:14am On May 05, 2006
I wonder if these people are African men or Indians. When was a man married in Africa?
Have you ever left your parents to join a woman at her place?
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by Priscila(f): 10:15am On May 05, 2006
I wonder if these people are African men or Indians. When was a man married in Africa?
Have you ever left your parents to join a woman at her place?
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by VanessaB(f): 6:13pm On May 05, 2006
because, They need someone to keep them focused when they're off track, lol

Re: Why Do Men Marry? by eveseh(f): 8:11pm On May 05, 2006
becos they need family,and they need kids
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by Priscila(f): 7:12am On May 06, 2006
Who owns that beautiful bouncing kid? Am pulled to marriage as I need one of my own
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by debsy(f): 1:31pm On May 06, 2006
procreation.
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by 2cantango(f): 1:36pm On May 06, 2006
Men get married because they can't live with Mummy forever, so they seek someone else to cook and clean and blah blah blah tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 06, 2006
Seriously undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by IG: 8:59pm On May 06, 2006
Poeple keep saying that men get married because GOD wants them to. Is it not the same GOD that forbids fornication? Why follow one command and ignore others. I think most saying GOD,GOD on this thread are just trying to find an escape route.

To me the reason for marriage is that
1. At some point in your life you come across a girl
2. She makes you believe you are in love
3 You begin to believe you are in love
4. You lose the greater part of your sanity
5. You make the mistake of getting married.

Marriage is as a result of an accident called "Love". That is why poeple "Fall" in love and not "Get into" love. grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by Seun(m): 12:38am On May 07, 2006
Hehe. Well I think one should marry someone who brings out the best in one's self.
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by Priscila(f): 10:09am On May 08, 2006
What has love got to do with it?
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by sil(m): 2:44pm On May 11, 2006
@everybody
I think it was writen in the BIBLE and there is coming a time women will be begging men, ever now the ladies you see going to do prostitution needed men but didn't find any, some find in their home of prostitution.
And there is coming a time men will marry seven women each.Although LoVe has to come in tell.
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by DaHitler(m): 2:52pm On May 11, 2006
I have no idea. Personally, I am not interested in getting married. I would rather not waste resources on things that have no clear benefit.
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by Priscila(f): 4:31pm On May 11, 2006
Afeni
are you serious?
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by puker(m): 9:42pm On Apr 25, 2007
Suen STOP STOP STOP! For Gods sake what do you mean. Am married with a lovely daughter. My wife, my daughter, my home is all fun. My wife is not anly a companion but the captain that runs the family. Am there just to provide. Next time please crosscheck your views before posting all that rubbish bout Nigerian men. Its important!
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by temmyabby(f): 1:53pm On May 16, 2007
And 2 shall become 1 , sum ppl are not complete without a 2nd person smiley , the significant other
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by kike001(f): 2:58pm On May 17, 2007
cuz of luv n 2 ve a family
Re: Why Do Men Marry? by QUESHIQUE(f): 6:17pm On Jul 27, 2007
men married to legalize sex and control their woman.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lonely: When will I ever see him again? / Who's your Crush / What Does She Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.