Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders (28264 Views)

Udom Donates N200K To Widows In Akwa-Ibom State. Photos / I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan / CBN Sets New Deposit Limit For Account Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by webcityng: 2:04pm On Jan 25, 2013
Didi Love:

He's making jest of your grammar dude! Are you a learner?

no, i be expect, make he laff na him get mouth now.
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Youngzedd(m): 2:07pm On Jan 25, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Are you high ? Summarize what for me ?

Do you understand what the policy is about ? Yes or no and stop tripping over this shiit.

Hmm.

Nnaa nekwanu Bluetooth oooh.
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by otokx(m): 2:11pm On Jan 25, 2013
Nothing so unusual here, the banks should know their customers in the first place.
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 25, 2013
Youngzedd:

Hmm.

Nnaa nekwanu Bluetooth oooh.

I only asked you a simple question.Look at the policy and how it affects Nigeria at large ans stop hating.if the policy will discourage money laundering,why shouldn't Nigeria accept it ? Besides how much do you have in your account ?
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 25, 2013
This Aboki guy dey mad oo! Well, na too much of MALU brain dey worry am
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Image123(m): 2:15pm On Jan 25, 2013
but some are more equal than others.
what happens to existing accounts?
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by SlyIg(f): 2:20pm On Jan 25, 2013
jahonmatic: . U no go school.? grin grin cheesy
Idiott like You!
Semi Illiterate on nairaland!
Product of half education
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by CITIZENX: 2:23pm On Jan 25, 2013
The policy is a nice one, it is meant to encourage people who dont have a bank account because of valid means of ID card to be able to have one, but they will not have much money in the account since they did not provide a valid means of ID before opening it. However, if you want to have any amount in your account, then you have to provide a valid means of ID.

1 Like

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Youngzedd(m): 2:25pm On Jan 25, 2013
~Bluetooth:

I only asked you a simple question.Look at the policy and how it affects Nigeria at large ans stop hating.if the policy will discourage money laundering,why shouldn't Nigeria accept it ? Besides how much do you have in your account ?

I can see that my post affected you seriously, but I do used indirectly to stop it from going further by posting my last comment so that you will stay clear.

Let me not use abusive words on you.

I read the post from A-Z and I have taken what I needed to.

Don't ask me any question because you have head, do you think that the policy will favour every individual if I may ask or have you seen where a policy is in favour of everybody?

Listen mr man never ask me how much in my account ever again because I doubt if you have made half of what is in there in your entire life.

Never quote me again to avoid the unknown.
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Akhigbode01(m): 2:30pm On Jan 25, 2013
Royalty1:

That's not the message.
The directive says that low value account can now deposit nothing more than 20k into such accounts and a total of 200k for a day. So u can't pay in more than 20k in one transaction, and a noting more than 200k can enter the account for 1 day.
You can still withdraw any amount you wish in line with your banks guidlines.
if dat is d case, All d Banks should go and produce more deposit slips and get ready for Endless Queue (s)

2 Likes

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by sgsltd(m): 2:33pm On Jan 25, 2013
internet Banking is not inclusive , it is unlimited

1 Like

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by DidiLove1: 2:34pm On Jan 25, 2013
Akhigbode01: if dat is d case, All d Banks should go and produce more deposit slips and get ready for Endless Queue (s)

With electronic money transfer, ATMs, mobile banking platforms and the rest, what are you doing standing on a queue in a banking hall?
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 25, 2013
Youngzedd:

I can see that my post affected you seriously, but I do used indirectly to stop it from going further by posting my last comment so that you will stay clear.

Let me not use abusive words on you.

I read the post from A-Z and I have taken what I needed to.

Don't ask me any question because you have head, do you think that the policy will favour every individual if I may ask or have you seen where a policy is in favour of everybody?

Listen mr man never ask me how much in my account ever again because I doubt if you have made half of what is in there in your entire life.

Never quote me again to avoid the unknown.

Stop balling and answer my question.If you belong to the unlimited depositor's class,why should you be killing yourself over this policy.I asked you a question and you are telling how much you've made in your entire life ? Anyways,I don't hustle like you but I don't need to convince you on anything.

How does the policy affects you mr millionaire ?

3 Likes

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by dabossman(m): 2:41pm On Jan 25, 2013
skyp: I guess the people complaining did not read read the post.

I tire o!!!! It seems they no longer teach comprehension in schools. Or is it that people don't know the difference between MINIMUM and MAXIMUM?

1 Like

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by andyanders: 3:08pm On Jan 25, 2013
Sanusi's annoyance is because nobody allowed him o print N5,000 note and he lost out out a way he has planned to steal money from the sector. Now, he wants to impose stringent laws.

2 Likes

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Peterwins(m): 3:11pm On Jan 25, 2013
There is no big deal (nothing new) about this policy. It's just one of the numerous inconsistent policies of the CBN under sanusi. From the policy reversal of ATMs operated by banks outside their banking premises, controversial review of the currencies (notes and coins), sharia banking, etc. You will discover that the current CBN led by sanusi is always in a hurry to announce/execute some policies flawed by glaring mistakes. However, no policy is cast on stone.

2 Likes

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by GeorgeD1(m): 3:22pm On Jan 25, 2013
we are watching closely. lipsrsealed
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Phoenix6278(m): 3:26pm On Jan 25, 2013

3 Likes

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Jonnysteve: 3:29pm On Jan 25, 2013
I ave told dis guy dis weed tin is doin more harm dan gd 4 him o,na so dey other after e high finish d guy go dey wear traditional attire go office carry staff of office join..........sls leave dis tin 4 sumtime it nt workin wit ur system again..........useless policies
bunch of educated illetrates.....
*wraping ma weed joor*
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 25, 2013
But with this policy, is it possible for a savings account holder to verify his/her account so as to upgrade it to a high value account? If getting a high value account status is not based on your account type and/or balance but on thorough verification of the account holder, then I see nothing wrong with the policy!

2 Likes

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Peterwins(m): 3:37pm On Jan 25, 2013
Take the case of mobile money. I was so optimistic about the potential huge success of mobile money in Nigeria until I read the mobile money policies introduced by the CBN. The CBN simply stifled a promising sub-sector of the financial and telecoms industry with a lot of conflicting and unrealistic policies. You simply cannot regulate financial and technological innovation with archaic policies.

1 Like

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by kedukc(m): 3:39pm On Jan 25, 2013
Thank God for making me a million guy, but mobile payment is lagging seriously and my long distance bitches are complaining.
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by JonCina(m): 3:44pm On Jan 25, 2013
I once placed this mallam heading the apex bank on a pedestal but the man say him want come down go chase maluu. He has finally crashed and lost all the RESPECT i had for him.
He has lost his vision because he is becoming more political than our "clueless & selfish" politicans.
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by KayB: 3:47pm On Jan 25, 2013
simple English u cant comprehend yet you are quick to criticize. Oh Allah come help the future of this country as they revel in ignorance.We tackle issues on the surface rather than going to the root

3 Likes

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by osifred(m): 3:49pm On Jan 25, 2013
I know sanusi has being misunderstood again
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by smartg(m): 3:55pm On Jan 25, 2013
@op, what you have written here is in English can you please re-write in 'broking', we can understand better.
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by bankyblue(m): 4:24pm On Jan 25, 2013
GOD give me government job, this banking things don tire me Oº°˚ ˚°º ,

1 Like

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by omowolewa: 4:35pm On Jan 25, 2013
Abeg when is this Langido's tenure ending?!

1 Like

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 25, 2013
What I want to know is that does it mean that the maximum balance that can be on a low value account which is 200k is for a day or anytime?

1 Like

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by hassymo5(m): 4:51pm On Jan 25, 2013
minimun wage is 18;000,, dats someones salary and he is sayin wat...pls xplain?
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Dstar1(f): 4:51pm On Jan 25, 2013
Malubi: That is to say somebody on grade level 1 step 1 in Nigeria will not own an Accunt in Nigeria! Funy
dat's very serious issue ooo!
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 25, 2013
Time to activate my Ghanian account. I can bear this shit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Rejects US Conditions On Sale Of 12 Super Tucano Planes / Photos From Atiku Abubakar’s Campaign In Ebonyi State / Dot Nation Shirt: We Did Not Arrest Senator Abaribe - DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.