Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders (28265 Views)

Udom Donates N200K To Widows In Akwa-Ibom State. Photos / I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan / CBN Sets New Deposit Limit For Account Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by lastpage: 6:08am On Jan 26, 2013
strangest: SO IF YOUR SALARY NA 20K NKO? grin SANUSI ABEG PASS THAT WEEEEEED LEMON GRAZZ!

That funky Mallam is beyond redemption!
I suggest Sanusi be sent to "Mali" as Troop Commander, to be of good use, at least for once!

Lastpage!
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by sentix(m): 7:02am On Jan 26, 2013
Is there a limit to the number of accounts I can operate!!!
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by 5columnist: 7:15am On Jan 26, 2013
ochukoccna: Is this a joke or what?
OP,what's your source pls?
200000 or 400000 max ($1280/2560) in your account?
Is this an April fool's joke or what?
This money laudering laws have a MORE SINISTER motive O!

Deposit per transaction... Alarmist.
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by plendil: 11:26am On Jan 26, 2013
aribisala0: OK

Contiriman. The tin wey CBN talk na im we dey tell una so;
Sirental Bank talk say dem go like make evribody get bank acant from big Alhaji with long cap to Mama Francis wey dey sell boli and Mama Ramo wey dey sell Shekpe.
Dem talk say some people dey use bank acant dey do big big thief; the one dem dey call korupshon and even dis Boko Haram people dey dey take am dey send big big money wey dem dey take buy gun,bombu and oda bad bad tins. This one come make dem bring new law Dem talk say dis law go help gofment to know who dey take him acant do good and bad tins

Na im government talk say any person wey him get pass 200000 for him bank acant say the bank must see some kain document for him hand like Driver licence ,Passport,NEPA bill or some oda kain document so dat dem go know who de person be and where e dey live. This one na for people wey get plenty money for dem acant ;
dem be two type High Value and Medium Value acant.
Medium Value ; You no fit put pass 40000 naira for one day and the money wey dey ya acant no fit pass 500000
High Value ; This one you fit put any amount inside. This one na for people wey get money sotayyyyyyyy de money "don't give a damn" and this one na for big man and woman like Jona and Patience
The other acant for poor people like mama Francis and Mama Ramo no need plenty document before you fit open am but you no fit put pass 20000 naira inside for one day and all the money wey dey inside must no pass 200000. If e pass so na im be say you don hammer enter big man acant level dem go say make you open Medium Value or High Value acant and make you go bring document come. Ehen

NOW I GERRIT!! cheesy cheesy
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by nnaawiz: 5:20pm On Jan 26, 2013
The low account is such that you can open without an initial deposit and without a valid ID. It is a way of getting the unbanked. U cannot withdraw more than 20k per day and ur balance cannot be greater than 200k unless you upgrade to main savings account by getting complete documentation. Many banks have before now rolled out this product, so its not really new.
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by damilarelr(m): 7:57pm On Jan 26, 2013
Ghettoguru: But with this policy, is it possible for a savings account holder to verify his/her account so as to upgrade it to a high value account? If getting a high value account status is not based on your account type and/or balance but on thorough verification of the account holder, then I see nothing wrong with the policy!

As a matter of fact, every bank account holder today has a LEVEL 3 account.

The policy is for prospective account owners..and it's a good policy in the sense dat as a LEVEL ONE, you need not to identify yourself when opening the SAVINGS ACCOUNT, however d cannot be used for International money transfer. A maximum deposit of 20k and account balance cannot exceed 200k.. I guess this gives opportunity for the average market woman to now use the bank.
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by billyG(m): 10:39pm On Jan 26, 2013
its i time jona kick this gworo-eating goon out of d apex bank b4 he ruin us all
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Vires: 11:49pm On Jan 26, 2013
234GT: Banks are very intelligent. They will simply classify all accounts as High value accounts. But I am highly disappointed with Sanusi's level of reasoning. In a country where a lot of money is still out of the banking system, setting deposit limits can never be a way of encouraging people to deposit money with banks.

thank you
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by snowpe(m): 12:45am On Jan 27, 2013
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Genius100: 12:55am On Jan 27, 2013
This is a good policy, those of you wey dey yab Sanusu, abeg make una learn to read.

What they are saying is that for low value accounts, the banks do not need to verify your residence. You don't even need to physically go to the bank to open the account and the account can be opened with 0 Naira. The effect of this policy is that it will be relatively easy for people that are not making a lot of money to open up a bank account.

For medium value accounts, you need to be physically present at the bank to open the account and other levels of verification are required.

High value accounts require a lot more verification.
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by GeorgeD1(m): 12:08pm On Jan 27, 2013
so how does this policy differ from what was already in place?
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by sentix(m): 8:05am On Jan 28, 2013
Genius100: This is a good policy, those of you wey dey yab Sanusu, abeg make una learn to read.

What they are saying is that for low value accounts, the banks do not need to verify your residence. You don't even need to physically go to the bank to open the account and the account can be opened with 0 Naira. The effect of this policy is that it will be relatively easy for people that are not making a lot of money to open up a bank account.

For medium value accounts, you need to be physically present at the bank to open the account and other levels of verification are required.

High value accounts require a lot more verification.

[size=23pt]And you Think any bank will open an account for you without you being there!
Continue Day Dreaming[/size]

Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by rubyno(m): 8:17pm On Jan 29, 2013
For me, i think Mallam sanusi lamido sanusi says the level 1 acc holders can only deposit N20, 000 @ a time and if u have N200, 000 to deposit within 24 hrs, u gat to fill ten slips; nt dat u can hv above N200k in ur acc. While for level 2 owners, u can't deposit above 50k @ a shot n if u gat 400k to dropwithin 24 hrs, u gat to fill eight deposit slip n nt dat u can't hv more dan dat with d bank. If nt, the whole policy will jst be in conflict with the cashless policy; meaning self defeat.
Re: N20k & N200K Deposit Limit For Account Holders by Doncolio(m): 1:08pm On Feb 04, 2013
I'm sure the people that perpetrate fraud in this country are all in the High level class and if any wants to join them all u need is to open a high level account. So wats the true essence of this trash of a policy SANUSI. God help and bless nigeria.

Abeg na which level I dey; my bank managers in the house.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dot Nation Shirt: We Did Not Arrest Senator Abaribe - DSS / The Moment LP Excos & Some Members In South-West Tore Their Cards & Joined APC / Supreme Court: Nigerians Are The Bigger Losers, Not Me – Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.