Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC (9274 Views)

RIM's upcoming flagship phone, Blackberry Z10 To Cost £480 (Approx. N119,000) / Cheapest Call Rate Across Networks / Airtel Slashes Call Tariff To All Networks To N12 Per Minute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by Morgan1092(m): 8:44am On Jan 25, 2013
A welcom development, but working on reducing call tarrif wud be best.
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by Frendys(m): 8:49am On Jan 25, 2013
The Operators would device a mean of extorting the "lost" money through the back door.

Imagine I called some people the other day but could not terminate the call on my handset after we had finished talking, while my unit was still reading. In the end I was charged for the extra time!

More regulations should be instituted, among which is mandating them to get listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, through an IPO that is affordable and available to an average Nigerian.
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by slimjordan(m): 8:52am On Jan 25, 2013
GOOD one
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by olasquare: 9:03am On Jan 25, 2013
Rooneyboy: I smell something fishy here , seems the network providers hv stopped dropping egunje hence the sudden annoyance.

Gradually ,gradually things go dey better for we country.

U̶̲̥̅̊ fuuny oooo. Well i no blame Ɣ☺u the news makes one want †☺ think i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ that direction knowing the peculiarity of naija i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ things as this....

βU̶̲̥̅̊τ̲̅ the truth Ȋ̝̊ڪ this Ȋ̝̊ڪ a good news... And i can ßε̲̣̣̣̥ more joyous if after this they also Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴͡ †☺ the call rates and the issue of drop calls and bad voice call and network failure during calls whereas we A̶̲̥̅̊rε̲̣̣̣̥ still being charged for all this network malaria that was never our fault.
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by amacastel: 9:14am On Jan 25, 2013
The last mandate is ma birthday 5th feb itis ma birthday gift 2 Nigerians isit nt gud ”dance alingo, alanta ooooo ,subiekdi; lol
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by yomalex(m): 9:20am On Jan 25, 2013
commendable!

i guess this will result in reduced business for bulk sms providers
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by Mecdiamond: 10:11am On Jan 25, 2013
Nice one, gud job
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by ZACHIE: 10:18am On Jan 25, 2013
which one be SMSes?
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by BodyKiss(m): 10:19am On Jan 25, 2013
braine: Awesome. Now I'll stop avoiding sending SMSes to that chic with the Glo number grin
But who sends SMSes these days?

Are you fvcking kidding me?
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by luluosas(m): 10:39am On Jan 25, 2013
Rooneyboy: I smell something fishy here , seems the network providers hv stopped dropping egunje hence the sudden annoyance.

Gradually ,gradually things go dey better for we country.
Not really. Although I don't even fashion sms these days but, this good news anyway. Even during the days of free sms on recharge, mine were always wasted as I never use them.
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by yuzedo: 10:40am On Jan 25, 2013
tomsongz: Who iz responsible 4 da regulation of ashaaoww prices,we need there help o coz as at last year
1 round=600
2 round=1100
Express(all night)=5000
but ryt now it has been doubled or even tripled
1 round=1000
2 round=2000
Express(all night)=7500
So we r beging gudluck 2 pls setup a pannel 2 look into da mata
grin grin grin grin
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by foluks24(f): 10:55am On Jan 25, 2013
dey shd also reduce blackberry monthly subscription to 500naira befor i start comendin dem
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by gerald09(m): 11:10am On Jan 25, 2013
Great news! All of u dat fink dis move is a wait of tym are all dumb asses, SMS is a great way of communication especially in business, if u prefer calling is cos u really don't have an idea of what SMS is all about. Na pple like una dey use bb to call and ping (don't b proud of u ignorance). NCC great job, keep it up. In addition please u people should put the switching network service so pple like us dat don't want MTN again can change network but still keep my number.
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by gerald09(m): 11:11am On Jan 25, 2013
yuzedo:
grin grin grin grin
Hahahahaha
I support
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by gerald09(m): 11:28am On Jan 25, 2013
nex: This is nonsense! I thoughht the telecoms sector was deregulated? Why is NCC now fixing prices?!

This is why I'm always alarmed when the government talks about deregulation, especially in the Power and Petroleum sectors. You can't deregulate, then come back to regulate prices. You have to leave that for the factors of demand and supply.

The NCC should focus instead on ensuring that the networks fulfil all the set conditions which they agreed to while obtaining their license. They've still not reached the coverage area they set out achieve before 2007.

The truth is that once supply of any good or service is adequate, or excessive compared to demand, the price will drop.
I agree with you 90% but if u leave dis little tins to the hands of the companies without regulating price they will do whatever they like to maximise profit n give horrible product n services. Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ need d govt to fix a price which will set off a competitive war btw organisation n eventually make price drop or improve services. If they fully deregulate dis sector its will bring about monopoly n dis organisations will eat us dry.
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by Dankarara(m): 11:51am On Jan 25, 2013
Na nw Iyabo go no say i dey carin
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by YoungGame: 11:56am On Jan 25, 2013
foluks24: dey shd also reduce blackberry monthly subscription to 500naira befor i start comendin dem
Them force you buy bb

1 Like

Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by sinade1(m): 2:54pm On Jan 25, 2013
NCC should enforce good service. We are getting poor service from these Network operators. They keep on selling SIM cards every day.
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by asudan: 7:48pm On Jan 25, 2013
mrkels: They tried, but they should have done this when millions of nigerians still use the sms feature. Its no news now that more than half the people with smartphones do not call more than twice a day and some do not text at all or do it 1 in a whole month unlike before. Nice move though, I hope they do more, expecially to foriegn companies coming to exploit nigerians like mtn. The right body should also open a case file on Dstv lipsrsealed
it is not true.at least 1/4 or 25% of nigerians uses smartphones.it is not everyone that like chating or pinging even though most youth uses smartphones.please leave mtn out of this as they didn't force you to use their service.if u don't like them,please switch to glo,airtel or etisalat as they have similar products and services.
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by asudan: 9:02pm On Jan 25, 2013
gerald09:
I agree with you 90% but if u leave dis little tins to the hands of the companies without regulating price they will do whatever they like to maximise profit n give horrible product n services. Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ need d govt to fix a price which will set off a competitive war btw organisation n eventually make price drop or improve services. If they fully deregulate dis sector its will bring about monopoly n dis organisations will eat us dry.
A new gsm operator is coming soon and it wil further reduce the price of data,sms and voice.
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by OCcool: 10:54pm On Jan 25, 2013
Makes a whole lot of sense!!!
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by lastpage: 4:50am On Jan 26, 2013
VALIDATOR: This is a wrong way to go about things. Now that NCC acted dictatorially Nigerians did not complain yet they are the same people who will accuse the leaders of not doing things right. Nobody should tell me how much to sell my goods and services. It is my customers that will decide. If they feel my pricing is unfavorable then they should seek other alternatives. It is the duties of NCC to make other alternatives readily available. For starters they should lower the licensing fee paid by new entrants into the telco market. They should also regulate inter connectivity issues among the operators. Price fixing kills business initiatives.

On one hand, you agitate for "FREE MARKET", ..... towards the end of your post, you then advocate "REGULATION"! shocked shocked shocked

Read-Up on "Monopoly", "Cartel" and "Price fixing".

The Government has a right to "Regulate or even fix prices" in the interest of its citizen
In a situation where there are alternatives (more than one Telco ) BUT these "alternatives" COME TOGETHER TO FIX PRICE, it is as a good a s a Monopoly..... where the customer has NO CHOICE!

In saner climates, Company Executives go to Jail for "price fixing"!
wink wink

The average Nigerian consumer does not have much choice between all the Telcos, he needs to have Phone/Internet access and thus will just have to subscribe to one of them .... and they have all met behind closed doors clos to fix the price of the services they offer.

This is where Government regulation and Public Consumer Protection Agencies come-in.
Otherwise, these "profiteers" will just hike the price as much as they want and tell us: If you dont like my own, go to the next Telco, who of-course, will offer you nothing different.

But then, l agree with you 100% that Government MUST make the "Business Environment" CONDUCIVE for investors. This is where we have failed, especially when it comes to Power Supply.
Government would have to strike a balance between "consumer protection" and "Free Market".

Thank you my friend.

Lastpage!
Re: Text Message Across Networks To Cost N4 - NCC by plato00: 12:09am On Feb 09, 2013
great news

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tecno Phones With 3GB & 4GB RAM In Nigeria - Latest & Specs / 9 Years And The 9 Factors to Indicate 9mobile May Fly High / How To Resume UC Browser 'link Expired' Downloads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.