Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,197 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? (12762 Views)

Bisi Alimi Shops For Wedding Rings (photo) / No Shame? The Chairman Of This Wedding Is Having S*x With The Lady Getting Marri / PHOTO: This Wedding Is Attracting A Lot Of Attention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by Fhemmmy: 5:51pm On Jan 25, 2013
Baba Eto:

U need not be scared by d word "borrow or borrowing" once d car is from a verifiable n reliable source no hassle my broda enjoy ur weddin no lele !

I would rather advice people to go to genuine car rental company, pay for the car and use at will and return according to agreement . . . I am already married but thinking of retying the knot all over again . . .Lol

1 Like

Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 25, 2013
skydeep: If you dont have a car will you walk with your bride on the street? cheesy. The best is to borrow grin

Both have been walking on the streets!
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by john29b: 6:32pm On Jan 25, 2013
if you like u can do so
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by nadias877(f): 6:44pm On Jan 25, 2013
There's absolutely nothing wrong in renting a big car for your wedding as long as you can afford to do so. It's not so cheap in the first place.
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 25, 2013
vanstanzy: "Cut ur coat according to ur size", best answers ur question.

I don't agree.... It is 'cut ur coat according to your material'

If u r a size 16 n ur material na 2yards, u gats manage am...accordint to d material... grin
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by delors(m): 6:57pm On Jan 25, 2013
You fit break record na...use wheel barrow do ya own wedding... cool
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by deaconfrost: 7:06pm On Jan 25, 2013
Babzilla: NICE STORY SERVES THE GROOM RIGHT. SADLY THIS FOOLISH TREND MUST CONTINUE COS THE FOOLISH CHICS WANT 2 FLAUNT BIG CARS 2 THEIR FOOLISH FRIENDS AND THE FOOLISH MEN WON'T SAY NO. NO WONDER WE HAVE MANY SPINLESS FOOLS WHO CANT HEAD THEIR HOMES PROPERLY angry angry angry angry angry angry

May God bless you, your generation and your generation's generation... some NLanders can actually make wonderful comments! smiley
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by kedukc(m): 7:12pm On Jan 25, 2013
My own na jet things... Osama.
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by sammmiey1: 7:22pm On Jan 25, 2013
@MODS IN THE BUILDING:A CRY 4RM D WILDERNES!I WANT TO CHANGE
MY USERNAME TO ''JOKERZ'',PLEASE HELP!
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by Fhemmmy: 7:24pm On Jan 25, 2013
street disciple: cut ur coat according to ur material

I guess limousine rentals will have to pack up then . . .
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by Sweetlemon(f): 7:30pm On Jan 25, 2013
There's no harm in borrowing or renting cars from your wedding. So far it is rented from a respectable car rental outfit with legal papers to present in case of wahala. Also don't rent what will dig too deep into your pocket
It's your day abegi! You have a right to enjoy it cos you only experiance it once in a life time.
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by Chlorin: 7:35pm On Jan 25, 2013
Never hw wil i?? I beta use napep nah lol[b][/b]
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by Fhemmmy: 7:37pm On Jan 25, 2013
Chlorin: Never hw wil i?? I beta use napep nah lol[b][/b]

Be careful of what you wish for oh
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by ab1x: 7:46pm On Jan 25, 2013
snthesis:
cos its a once in a lifetime occasion, its ur occasion, and u want to look ur best

And after d occassion you can continue using legmosine. I'll rather remain myself than showing what I am not capable of achieving in few yrs time. I wonder y most pple do more than themselves. Some pple even go to d extent of borrowing money for wedding. Does it really worth that?
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by Fhemmmy: 7:50pm On Jan 25, 2013
ab1x:

And after d occassion you can continue using legmosine. I'll rather remain myself than showing what I am not capable of achieving in few yrs time. I wonder y most pple do more than themselves. Some pple even go to d extent of borrowing money for wedding. Does it really worth that?

There us nothing wrong in renting a limousine for a wedding, that was what they are for . . . And that does not mean that the man and the bride should remain without a ride, and besides it is not a ride that defines a man, but a man defines it . .
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by promire2004(f): 7:53pm On Jan 25, 2013
It's not a must, rather it's a necessity. You don't expect the couples to trek down to the venue of the wedding all in the name of been frugal. I don't think a right thinking person would hire a ferrari or phantom for a wedding when u're just an average income earner. It's unfortunate that the couples were embarrassed in this manner. Personally, I see nothing wrong with hiring a car for a wedding. That is why it is good to make deals with reliable car hire companies. Mehn, wedding is once in a life-time affair and it's necessary that everything falls in place.

2 Likes

Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by oyestephen(m): 7:55pm On Jan 25, 2013
Its babyish, fake, irresponsible and morally wrong. It has no justification whatsoever
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by ab1x: 7:59pm On Jan 25, 2013
Fhemmmy:

There us nothing wrong in renting a limousine for a wedding, that was what they are for . . . And that does not mean that the man and the bride should remain without a ride, and besides it is not a ride that defines a man, but a man defines it . .

You're pretty right but most pple that rent car do not have car(personal view). Using limo for a wedding is alright if u have d doo but some pple go to d extent of borrowing money before they can settle down. I can't get married and start settling debt. Never !
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by promire2004(f): 8:08pm On Jan 25, 2013
oyestephen: Its babyish, fake, irresponsible and morally wrong. It has no justification whatsoever

So, what are u saying in essence? What if they don't own a car? Should they trek? Some things are just unimaginable abeg. Let's be realistic!
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by Sweetlemon(f): 8:34pm On Jan 25, 2013
promire2004: It's not a must, rather it's a necessity. You don't expect the couples to trek down to the venue of the wedding all in the name of been frugal. I don't think a right thinking person would hire a ferrari or phantom for a wedding when u're just an average income earner. It's unfortunate that the couples were embarrassed in this manner. Personally, I see nothing wrong with hiring a car for a wedding. That is why it is good to make deals with reliable car hire companies. Mehn, wedding is once in a life-time affair and it's necessary that everything falls in place.

Abi o!
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by Fhemmmy: 8:45pm On Jan 25, 2013
ab1x:
You're pretty right but most pple that rent car do not have car(personal view). Using limo for a wedding is alright if u have d doo but some pple go to d extent of borrowing money before they can settle down. I can't get married and start settling debt. Never !

I am not sure if i do agree with that conclusion . . . Most people that get married (Church Wedding) they must have some money at least, so i will say more have a car, but just want something better for their wedding, however, i will be with you on the deal of "bad to borrow" money to get married, cos paying back of that money will be the end of that marriage.
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by Karevwite: 8:51pm On Jan 25, 2013
mehn dts bad...9ja ppl own sf 2 much...na dm go do court,traditional n wite wedding...kilode...dt y i luv d wite ppl marriage...d couple,lawyer n a witness kase klose.
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by Moralistli(m): 8:54pm On Jan 25, 2013
People that don't have always want to let u know that they have, while those that already have wanna have more n by so doing show as thought they 've gotten nuffing!

Peeps know that i have already arrived, so needless showing off!
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by Moralistli(m): 8:55pm On Jan 25, 2013
show as though they haven't gotten anything,,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by dnative(m): 9:08pm On Jan 25, 2013
On the flipside, I'm curious to know if the bridegroom was in the wrong from a legal standpoint. If he made some payment to the dealer to use the car for a wedding, then his agreement really is with the dealer while the dealer may in turn have another agreement with the car owner to sell the car. Both agreement are independent and if the car owner have any issue with how the car has been used, then this should be a matter to be taken up with the dealer, provided for instance the car has not been reported stolen. I guess the car owner might have pondered on this (after the initial naija style knee jerk reaction of "call in the boys to scatter ground" ) hence his decision to leave the car behind and take up issues with the dealer (I pity the dealer though).
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by Fhemmmy: 9:15pm On Jan 25, 2013
dnative: On the flipside, I'm curious to know if the bridegroom was in the wrong from a legal standpoint. If he made some payment to the dealer to use the car for a wedding, then his agreement really is with the dealer while the dealer may in turn have another agreement with the car owner to sell the car. Both agreement are independent and if the car owner have any issue with how the car has been used, then this should be a matter to be taken up with the dealer, provided for instance the car has not been reported stolen. I guess the car owner might have pondered on this (after the initial naija style knee jerk reaction of "call in the boys to scatter ground" ) hence his decision to leave the car behind and take up issues with the dealer (I pity the dealer though).

The man did nothing wrong, but i am sure there was no paper signed cos Nigeria do a lot of Gentleman agreement . . .
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by TheTraveller(f): 10:03pm On Jan 25, 2013
econome: I noticed it has come a tradition to rent/borrow big cars for wedding.
Yesterday around Ikeja, the owner of a rented/borrowed car landed at the wedding reception. When he got to where the car was packed, he asked who packed the car? The bridegroom answered "its my car". The owner looked at other people who followed him, then he moved back and called the police.

In 5 minutes, the police stormed the place with 2 fully loaded keke Napep(lol). Sundenly, we saw The bridegroom, and others started begging. What happen was that owner of the car gave it to a dealer to sell, the foolish car dealer never knew car would be used at the owner's neigborhood. I am sure he would have collected atleast N20k from the bridegroom. They called the dealer several time, but he never pick it.

The owner was such a nice person, he left the car with them and the police took picture and left.

My advice, if you must borrow/rent "by-force"a car for your wedding never go to a car dealer.

People are too materialistic. Make do with whatever you can afford. Personally, I am not married, but if I was getting married, it would be really really simple, personal and intimate.
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by Sweetlemon(f): 10:13pm On Jan 25, 2013
Fhemmmy:

The man did nothing wrong, but i am sure there was no paper signed cos Nigeria do a lot of Gentleman agreement . . .

Exactly where the problem came from. Nigerians do not know the importance (and implications) of signing documents

1 Like

Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by erico2k2(m): 10:20pm On Jan 25, 2013
deaconfrost:

May God bless you, your generation and your generation's generation... some NLanders can actually make wonderful comments! smiley
you are both totally wrong, here in the western world, its the richest that actually borrow flashy big cars for that special day, if you aint rich can U borrow/rent a 24 seater Hummer stretch Limo?
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by TheTraveller(f): 10:21pm On Jan 25, 2013
erico2k2:
you are both totally wrong, here in the western world, its the richest that actually borrow flashy big cars for that special day, if you aint rich can U borrow/rent a 24 seater Hummer stretch Limo?

Hi, sorry. I am new here. How do I make a new thread? :S
Re: Renting/borrowing Big Car For Wedding: Is It A Must? by erico2k2(m): 10:21pm On Jan 25, 2013
Karev_wite: mehn dts bad...9ja ppl own sf 2 much...na dm go do court,traditional n wite wedding...kilode...dt y i luv d wite ppl marriage...d couple,lawyer n a witness kase klose.
No be them rent cars pass? U don attend one see as E be? Limo only 2K pounds approx =N=500K plus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Only Babes Do This In Cars / Some Romancelanders Who Had Opened Thread For Their Crush So Far. / Why Are Beautiful Ladies Doing This To Themselves? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.