Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,729 members, 7,844,398 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

How Do You Normally Greet Your Parent? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Normally Greet Your Parent? (11698 Views)

Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food / What Can You Never Forgive Your Parent For? / Did Your Parent Teach Sex Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Normally Greet Your Parent? by Nobody: 2:37am On Jul 12, 2009
Ekaro ma. Ek'abo ma. Ekule ma. Eku ise ma. Eka san ma. Ek'ale ma. etc
Translation: Good morning ma. Welcome back ma. Good work or just a way to greet when she's working. Good afternoon ma. Good evening ma. etc

My mom is very strict about that.
If we don't greet, she's like "Oma baje o, so oole ki'yan k'aro?" grin Translation "You're disrespectful, so you can't greet your elders good morning?"
And if you do, you gotta prostate. Well, I still do grin
Re: How Do You Normally Greet Your Parent? by bluespice(f): 2:41am On Jul 12, 2009
lol
uve gotta love our moms tongue

my parents still laugh when i speak yoruba without them initiating the effort embarassed grin
Re: How Do You Normally Greet Your Parent? by Nobody: 2:45am On Jul 12, 2009
You don't try to speak yoruba to my mom, that means you really don't want to talk to her. Atleast mix yoruba with English.
She loves her language like mad
Re: How Do You Normally Greet Your Parent? by bluespice(f): 2:51am On Jul 12, 2009
my yoruba's not fluent (i admit readily) tongue
she'll either wait for me to construct it in my head b4 i say it
or sit close to the bathroom grin

engli-yoruba's where its at when it comes to speaking jare cool
Re: How Do You Normally Greet Your Parent? by Nobody: 2:59am On Jul 12, 2009
If she knows you're yoruba, then you want to hear "Who are you cooking grammar for, do I look like oyinbo to you?" To me when she's pissed she says " Shior, you've come here to forget yor language?? Speak some Yoruba or remove yourself from my face".
Thats why I can't ask her for some translations sometimes grin grin
Re: How Do You Normally Greet Your Parent? by bluespice(f): 3:11am On Jul 12, 2009
lol ur mom's sure strict cheesy
Re: How Do You Normally Greet Your Parent? by Outstrip(f): 5:12am On Jul 13, 2009
My brother said what's up to my dad once and he responded "Jesus is up". Usually we would yab him when he tries to be cool but we just laughed with him

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is The True Elder Between The Twin Kids? / When Is it Right For A Child To Own A Cell Phone. / Nairalanders Wish Your Mum A Happy Mother's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.