Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. (1979 Views)

President Obama Have Only $1,000 In Bank While Clintons Earn $30m Speaking. / Clintons Made Nearly $109m Since 2000 / Clintons Report $109.2m For 7 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by Freewilly(f): 5:30am On Mar 05, 2008
The way they media been on Obama's behind for the past few days you'd think they on her payroll. This is the first time in my life I've ever payed any attention to politics and this is the slap I get on the face. Politics is noting but a very dirty, nasty thing and never again will I ever wast my time with it. Bill and Hillary can be the next president of America for all I care. I'm just sorry for black folks because I don't think there can ever be another black person that can rise up like Obama again.
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by bawomolo(m): 5:50am On Mar 05, 2008
obama exposed himself with the NAFTA thing and the tony rezko case. Obama's economic policies aren't that good either.
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by 4Him(m): 5:52am On Mar 05, 2008
Lets just be honest enough to admit Clinton was simply better at the critical moments - the debates.
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by Ijiji1(m): 5:57am On Mar 05, 2008
I strongly agree with freewilly, If you watch msnbc, cnn and fox news  since last Friday, it'a all been negative topics about Obama and what Hillary needs to do to win.

What about Hillary not disclosing her income tax returns, not even one on the networks followed up on that.
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by 4Him(m): 5:59am On Mar 05, 2008
it was about time Clinton got some positive press for once. I think it was begining to dawn on most that Americans were about to elect someone they didnt really know.
Obama has tried . . . lets all be proud of his effort.
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by Ijiji1(m): 6:07am On Mar 05, 2008
In my opinion, Hillary was not getting any negative press, she was just not being talked about like she was In the beginning of the campaign and she felt so neglected and she was mad about it. Oh well I still have some hope for Obama, but he has a very slim chance of winning now.
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by almondjoy(f): 6:50am On Mar 05, 2008
The beauty of American politics. It is never over till the fat lady sings. We wish her well.

Now fast forward to November 2008!

This is America not Nigeria! kiss
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by somze(f): 7:06am On Mar 05, 2008
4Him:

it was about time Clinton got some positive press for once. I think it was begining to dawn on most that Americans were about to elect someone they didnt really know.
Obama has tried . . . lets all be proud of his effort.
I'd started wondering if I was following the same primaries as Freewilly.

Clinton has been the most attacked candidate so far and she has taken the media on. Print media, online news and even cable TV scrutinized her every move. I saw a few of them that dismissed her race as over. I think the media should scrutinize both candidates. Obama had been comfortable for too long.

Beautiful victory for the Clintons, you can never write them off.

The race is still on.
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 05, 2008
almondjoy:

This is America not Nigeria! kiss

yeah we know, nobody needs to be reminded, thank you
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by almondjoy(f): 8:30am On Mar 05, 2008
Poor OBAMAMANIACS. Well your black UHURU president will come back again in 8 years. Una sorry ooooooooooooooooh! cheesy

Yeye people.  After all the noise una don make for here.

For those that do not like women and the chauvinistic religious hypocrites in our midst!

DEAL WITH IT!!!! cheesy  No wonder some people were so angry last night and just wanted to explode.  One more thing to die about!

THIS IS AMERICA I SAY, NOT NIGERIA!!!!!

I say fast forward to Nov '08. Let the real games begin! cheesy
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by almondjoy(f): 8:36am On Mar 05, 2008
somze:

I'd started wondering if I was following the same primaries as Freewilly.

Clinton has been the most attacked candidate so far and she has taken the media on. Print media, online news and even cable TV scrutinized her every move. I saw a few of them that dismissed her race as over. I think the media should scrutinize both candidates. Obama had been comfortable for too long.

Beautiful victory for the Clintons, you can never write them off.

The race is still on.

What do you expect? undecided  Na woman now.  All the male chauvinists in the world make una eat "crow"! I had already given up hope on her the way she almost caved into the media and the mistakes she made attacking Obama with mudslinging and so on.  Well, like I said. . . An American is an American.  Does not matter to me who wins really.  They all look out for America unlike NIGERIANS!

The race is still on till Nov' 08!!!!  The beauty of American politics I say. Let the real debates start without distractions I say!

THIS IS AMERICA NOT NIGERIA. . . . .

who wan die make im die! grin
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 05, 2008
hahahahahahahahahahaah wey all those people wey dey worship obama. una almost turn nairaland to obamaland.
nonsense!

now him don dey lose again wetin una go talk about.

at the end of the day i no care who wins but the rate at which nigerians carry america and obama for head i just dey wonder
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by somze(f): 9:38am On Mar 05, 2008
almondjoy:

What do you expect? undecided Na woman now. All the male chauvinists in the world make una eat "crow"! I had already given up hope on her the way she almost caved into the media and the mistakes she made attacking Obama with mudslinging and so on. Well, like I said. . . An American is an American. Does not matter to me who wins really. They all look out for America unlike NIGERIANS!

The race is still on till Nov' 08!!!! The beauty of American politics I say. Let the real debates start without distractions I say!

THIS IS AMERICA NOT NIGERIA. . . . .

who wan die make im die! grin
I don't think attacking Obama was a mistake really, the media and the people were just too protective of Obama then.

I think the mistake she made was assuming victory before the race had started. Now she has once again shown the great fighter she is. I remember her coming from 11 straight defeats into a rally at Texas with boxing gloves. She's an amazing woman. The Clinton's are the new Kennedy's.

She has more depth than Obama and I back her all the way.
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by Jairzinho(m): 10:37am On Mar 05, 2008
Its not over ,until . . . . . . . . . . . . . . wink
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by tatajega(m): 11:30am On Mar 05, 2008
I totally disagree completely with the opinion that Clinton got a hard knock from the international and American media, to me, i'll not be werong to say that the media has had a large chump in terms of pulling Obama down, dont forget the begining period of this primary elections; the media had it on him when they consistently aired a documentary showing Obama's roots traced to kenya for 2weeks non - stop, that was obviously a sponsored documentary by someone, ''who'' You certainly know more, after that a fuss on his weaknesses such as smoking cigar e.t.c began,then his inexperience,recently before the Texas and Ohio polls they began a srutiny of his middle name which is Islamic, he however has scaled through everyone of these by nocking Clinton out by eleven straight victories raising a banging sporadic effect cos they did not see him coming, I still believe he is the true canditate for change in America unlike Hillary who stands for nothing but old time political gimmicks to win an election just like she said to Obama - (shame on her) for if she eventually wins, the strategies she used againts Obama ll be used by someone who knows how to use it better to get a lanslide victory over her ie.,experience wise wish she has been making a loud noise on will certainly fail cos MCAIN is better, holla
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by AKO1(m): 11:37am On Mar 05, 2008
Those Clinton's sef, shey them never chop bellefull? angry

, Seems like America wants to start their own style of 'recycled politics'. In Naija, its ur friends you bring along.

Their own is family business, not a bad idea!!! BUSH-CLINTON-BUSH-CLINTON-?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by oldie(m): 11:43am On Mar 05, 2008
Is anybody doing the delegates' count?
Obama still leads!
And thats what matters
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by micklplus(m): 11:57am On Mar 05, 2008
yeah, forget those clintons !
Obama all the way atleast, he is still in the lead for now !
Go obama !.
Cheers
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by IykeD1(m): 12:33pm On Mar 05, 2008
Hello?

Obama is still WAY AHEAD in delegates counts which is where it matters. The delegate math is
just not there for Clinton, her yesterday's victory notwithstanding.

Clinton being scrutinized? By who? Can you imagine any other candidate whining and getting
away with it like Clinton has been doing?
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by JosBoy4Lif(m): 12:58pm On Mar 05, 2008
It's going to come down to super-delegates and as it stands Clinton is the lead,
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by Sabisabi: 1:18pm On Mar 05, 2008
Now wey Obama don finish, lets move on. My people how can you help naija? This should be your concern not weather Obama clean him yansh after e shit.
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by oldie(m): 1:34pm On Mar 05, 2008
Sabisabi:

Now wey Obama don finish, lets move on. My people how can you help naija? This should be your concern not weather Obama clean him yansh after e shit.

You already had your 15 minutes of fame
Stop sounding like a cracked record
Create a thread on evolving Nigeria, starting with your own imputs
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by Sabisabi: 1:45pm On Mar 05, 2008
oldie:

You already had your 15 minutes of fame
Stop sounding like a cracked record
Create a thread on evolving Nigeria, starting with your own imputs
So you no get brain abi. You say you dey naija, how this topic take concern you? Instead of sitting at home and dreaming of distant far away place, why don't you do something concrete with your life. Sorry to tell you o but dey won't give you visa even if you move your belonging to front of america embassy. No vex for me o, Sorry o. Your salvation dey here. Wetin you dey go look for sokoto dey inside your sokoto trouser.
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 05, 2008
Sabisabi:

So you no get brain abi. You say you dey naija, how this topic take concern you? Instead of sitting at home and dreaming of distant far away place, why don't you do something concrete with your life. Sorry to tell you o but dey won't give you visa even if you move your belonging to front of america embassy. No vex for me o, Sorry o. Your salvation dey here. Wetin you dey go look for sokoto dey inside your sokoto trouser.

sabisabi, wetin these pple go do when this mixed race guy from kenya finally lose? i don tire for all them yans.
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by hollandis(f): 2:48pm On Mar 05, 2008
Its a Race vs Gender war
Never rule out Hillary clinton
If Obama had a measure of the humilation the media unleashed on clinton.He would have cringed.
Clinton is a winner ,anytime
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by tpia: 3:02pm On Mar 05, 2008
me I don tire for this Hillary/Obama saga.

all these "too close too call" calls are too hyper for my liking.

But for people who are giving themselves heart attack over Obama, as if this is the first time the US will be having an election, na wa o. undecided
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by mystikal(m): 3:33pm On Mar 05, 2008
I'm suprised some of you pretend not to notice how the media esp CNN supported Obama for a long time and were constantly having negatives on Hilary.
I think she's got a strong character, Obama has been riding on the media praises for too long
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by TayoD1(m): 3:45pm On Mar 05, 2008
@mystikal,
mystikal:

I'm suprised some of you pretend not to notice how the media esp CNN supported Obama for a long time and were constantly having negatives on Hilary.
I think she's got a strong character, Obama has been riding on the media praises for too long
Obama has being nothing but a media pet project. He is a guinea pig in the hands of the media to test the extent of their influence over the decisions of the community at large. No one dares criticize him. Can you even imagine McCain campaign manager saying he wont run any negative (even though factual) ads about Obama? Is the fear of Obama, which translates to the fear of media backlash the beginning of wisdom?
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by Nobody: 5:24am On Mar 06, 2008

" grin grin grin grin grin"
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by Freewilly(f): 5:53am On Mar 06, 2008
Something I found on Obama's website, I'll like to shear with you guys;

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/samgrahamfelsen/gGBLmx

TAKE THE CLIP FROM THE LAST DEBATE WHERE HILLARY SAYS, "I WOULD TAKE MY IRAQ VOTE BACK", **

SEGUE TO :

SOLDIERS, Women and Men, PERSONAL STATEMENTS FACE TO THE CAMERA, CLOSE UP, ABOUT :

THE PTSD, THE NIGHTMARES, FLASHBACKS THEY CAN'T GIVE BACK,

THE WOUNDED WHOSE LIMBS CAN'T BE BROUGHT BACK

WIDOWS& CHILDREN SPEAKING ABOUT MISSING HUSBANDS, FATHERS, MOTHERS, PARENTS THEY CAN'T GET BACK

KIDS WHOSE MOM OR DAD CAN'T PICK THEM UP OR PLAY WITH THEM BECAUSE THEIR TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY HAS STOLEN THEIR ABILITY TO DO SIMPLE THINGS.

KEEP HER VOICE, OVER AND OVER AND OVER, THAT SHE WANTED HER VOTE BACK.

Sen. Obama. Enters the scene and says…

~LIVES CAN'T BE GIVEN BACK.
~KIDS WITHOUT DADS OR MOMS DON'T GET THEIR PARENTS BACK.
~MISSING LIMBS DON'T COME BACK.
~TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS FOR THIS COUNTRY'S INFRASTRUCURE DON'T COME BACK.

IF YOU COULD GET THAT VOTE ON IRAQ BACK MRS. CLINTON, WHAT WILL YOU GIVE THIS COUNTRY IN RETURN?

(AND THEN LET THE SILENCE BE THE END OF THE AD
Re: A new Ad. | Report to Admin Reply
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by Ibime(m): 11:06am On Mar 06, 2008
hmmmm - I'm surprised at the number of people attacking Obama in this thread - no comment.

Everybody wants to see themselves in elevated positions, but soon as another black man want achieve something, they are quick to tear him down.

This goes way beyond your views on his 'economic policy' - this is about a liberation of attitudes - about bringing hope to the x amount of black children, including ourselves that we too can make it to the very top. Instead, I just see some peeps brainwashed into defining themselves along party partizan lines. OBAMA IS MY MAN, nothing spoil - he will still win this shit.
Re: I'm Not Surprised The Clintons Won Tonight's Primaries. by fatherab1: 1:04pm On Mar 06, 2008
IBIME MY BROTHER,
Dont mind those who blame, attack and criticize obama. The are displaying a typical naija mentality. Even some of them who claim by their addresses that they r based in d usa, their mentalities are yet unreformed. They pull down another black man even though no white man praising them for doing so. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

The End Comes For Dangote And Ndidi Okereke Onyiuke In Nigerian Stock Exchange / Pastor Bakare May Be Buhari's Running Mate / Should We Print Our Election Materials Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.