Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,371 members, 7,829,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria (17081 Views)

21-year-old Nigerian Commits Suicide In UK Over Fear Of Deportation / UK To Refurbish Lagos Prisons Ahead Of Deportation / Nigerian Died Of Deportation-Resisting Hunger Strike In Swiss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by feminancy(m): 9:48am On Jan 26, 2013
cowardice attitude indeed. I mean how could he commit succide. This is so stupid of him, and big disgrace to nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by bookface: 9:49am On Jan 26, 2013
safarigirl: So if he were a Somalian citizen, he would have organised his death and amputation rather than be deported abi?

Olori burukun, mumu ode, na so oyibo land dey sweet am reach, then the rest of us wey dey here nko? Mtcheeww, another lost he-goat.

They say we should respect the dead, but if you're dumb ebough to kill yourself for something fo trivial, you deserve to be trampled upon and thrown into the deepest part of Hades

You speak like you are retarded. If you are not in other people's shoes, you probably won't know where it hurts. Imagine if someone deports you, a Nigerian, to Somali with an empty pockets, and without family and friends? You can't imagine how that must feel can you? Because you are probably in your fathers house drinking garri with chin chin? Oshisko!

I don't honestly understand why people think death is the worst thing that can happen to someone--who have lived all his life in institutions and about to be deported into a country he barely knew. With no one back home to fall back on, he'd die quickly on the streets of lagos in the first few months of getting here. To this dude, Nigeria is not home. He's got absolutely nothing to live for.

Perhaps those who are dead are better off than those of us living? how would you know this is not the case since you've never been dead before and cannot tell if it's an exhilarating experience or not

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by lacicrips(m): 9:51am On Jan 26, 2013
I guess it's the shame of being deported. He couldn't handle it not that he couldn't have been able to survive here in Nigeria.

*Edit*
---
Ok that was just plain silly.
Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by bookface: 9:51am On Jan 26, 2013
feminancy: cowardice attitude indeed. I mean how could he commit succide. This is so stupid of him, and big disgrace to nigeria

Are you going to pay his bills if he choose NOT to commit suicide? No one will miss this dude, no one gives a shyt about him, who are you then to tell him NOT to take his own life if he chooses to?

Nigerians and their "I know best" attitude sha

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by Tinyemeka(m): 9:52am On Jan 26, 2013
One_Naira:

How do you know the dude is going to hell?

Anyway, is Nigeria any better. Boko haram up north, Ritualist and robbery SW. Kidnappers SE and SS. Which side is safe?

So what's your point? That there are no bombers, robbers or muggers in the UK?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by bookface: 9:53am On Jan 26, 2013
Agbgift: He is an idoit.

You are a mooron.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 26, 2013
omarky:

What are u trying to insinuate

Exactly what I said
A documented fact too
Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by DonHummer(m): 9:55am On Jan 26, 2013
is naija dat bad...dat he thinks dat hell is better
Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by Multcolor: 9:56am On Jan 26, 2013
May God have mercy on his soul Amen
Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by cigaricon(m): 9:58am On Jan 26, 2013
Don Ocso: The fear of naija.......
is the begining of suicide

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by onyeego(m): 10:00am On Jan 26, 2013
Its a SHAME that a child of 7,with a bright future was taken to d UK, instead for the d UK to groom him to become useful to society.

The Uk turned him to a Junkie,they made him a criminal, The Uk destroyed Balogun.

The UK has failed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by clily: 10:00am On Jan 26, 2013
No1 hav d right 2 take his own life cos he can't create it..any1 who does Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ goin 2 hell striaght..RIP to him shan
Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by ignis: 10:01am On Jan 26, 2013
The guy has a point.
Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by ignis: 10:02am On Jan 26, 2013
clily: No1 hav d right 2 take his own life cos he can't create it..any1 who does Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ goin 2 hell striaght..RIP to him shan
Who are you to judge where one is going after death?
Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 26, 2013
After dem go say na dem full for LONDON.
Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by Kslib(m): 10:04am On Jan 26, 2013
He is a fool for taking his life.. Why do people like exaggerating stuffs.. Yes,the Nigerian situation is bad,but not bad to the extent of someone taking his life than to be deported back.. Abi no be the Nigeria wey me dey?
People keep saying
boko haram: Boko haram are only in the north and i still have friends in the north who move freely.. How many times does boko haram attack in a month.. I'm in no way justifying the deadly sect,but people keep shouting and making yeye noise as if boko haram attacks 5times in a day...
Kidnappings: yes,there is kidnapping in the east and some south south states,but how many have we witnessed or do witness in lets say "6 months".. I know its bad,but yiu guys make it look as if kidnapping has now become the order of the day..
Well,i guess people like to hype everything.. The Nigerian situation is somewhat bad,but it has not even smelled the stage of comparing it with hell or death.. That guy was already tired of life,and was just looking for an opportuinity to die,so he was presented with one... He said he had no one back home which simply means if he had someone back home he wouldn't have killed himself..
The guys sha,i doubt if he head Nigerian blood in him cos Nigerians are natural survivors,they fight situations no matter how hard it looks,we dont easily give up and I AM PROUD TO BE A NIGERIAN

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 26, 2013
Olusanya B, Hodes D
Institute of Child Health, University of Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria.
Child: Care, Health and Development [2000, 26(4):337-342]
Type: Journal Article
DOI: 10.1046/j.1365-2214.2000.00155.x
Abstract Highlight Terms
No biological terms identified
A unique feature of some Africans who come to study and work in Britain is the practice of making private arrangements to send their children to live with foster parents who assume full parental rights.[b] Six hundred randomly selected African families, with a child born between June 1988 and May 1991, resident in one Health Authority, were sent a questionnaire to elicit the proportion of children who had been in private foster care and to gain information on the knowledge and attitudes to fostering and day care provision. Families with children in foster care were asked [/b]additional questions about their experiences. Two hundred and six (34%) of the questionnaires were analysed[b]. Seventy-six per cent of the respondents were from Nigeria, 65% had already heard about private fostering and 29 (14%) had sent one of their children to private foster care[/b]. Only one family felt that foster care was a suitable option; the reminder would have preferred alternative facilities such as nursery placement. Of the 29 children in foster care, nine parents said their children were unhappy and five rated the foster parents as bad. Contrary to popular belief, most children were visited fortnightly, some more frequently and only two never visited. Private fostering in this group of children was found to be less common than in earlier studies.

Above is a random study,an eye opener
Shameful how Nigerian parents would willingly give up their flesh and blood to oyibo foster parents.
That is why these kids are committing crime and killing themselves
Victoria Ositeku that organized a hit last year is another example
Imagine giving up your children to care and opting to visit them all in the name of wanting oyibo to raise your kids
Some parents leave the UK and return to Nigeria and these kids are lost forever.
This practice started back in the 50s and 60s and so many of these so called Nigerians you hear of in the UK with this history are just Nigerians by name
No identity
Poor self esteem and no pride in their identity
Feeling of abandonment and nothing to leave for
Cut off from their lineage
All because of some stupid parents with colonial mentality
That is why this young man killed himself
Truth be told

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by SINn(m): 10:04am On Jan 26, 2013
redsun:

He is Not going to hell,he is dead and at peace. While you remain in turmoil in the living hell that he avoided.
True true.
Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by soma042(m): 10:07am On Jan 26, 2013
bookface:

Are you going to pay his bills if he choose NOT to commit suicide? No one will miss this dude, no one gives a shyt about him, who are you then to tell him NOT to take his own life if he chooses to?

Nigerians and their "I know best" attitude sha

commiting suiccide is the best according to you abi ?
Must you commemt if you dont have tangable thing to say. People self

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by otokx(m): 10:08am On Jan 26, 2013
Nigeria is definitely not as bad as people make it seem to be.
Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 26, 2013
Kslib: He is a fool for taking his life.. Why do people like exaggerating stuffs.. Yes,the Nigerian situation is bad,but not bad to the extent of someone taking his life than to be deported back.. Abi no be the Nigeria wey me dey?
People keep saying
boko haram: Boko haram are only in the north and i still have friends in the north who move freely.. How many times does boko haram attack in a month.. I'm in no way justifying the deadly sect,but people keep shouting and making yeye noise as if boko haram attacks 5times in a day...
Kidnappings: yes,there is kidnapping in the east and some south south states,but how many have we witnessed or do witness in lets say "6 months".. I know its bad,but yiu guys make it look as if kidnapping has now become the order of the day..
Well,i guess people like to hype everything.. The Nigerian situation is somewhat bad,but it has not even smelled the stage of comparing it with hell or death.. That guy was already tired of life,and was just looking for an opportuinity to die,so he was presented with one... He said he had no one back home which simply means if he had someone back home he wouldn't have killed himself..

[size=18pt]Did you read the story?
He is not a fool
The fools are the Nigerian parents that abandoned him at a young age in Britain under the care of strangers[/size]
How do you deport a 21 year old who was dumped in Britain at the age of 7 by irresponsible parents ?
He gets into a life of crime after living in care and institutions for most of his life
How do you deport him to a land he doesn't know
To a family he doesn't know
The only thing he knows about Nigeria are the crime and filth and poverty he reads about
He has no blame
His parents are the guilty ones
I'm actually shocked that the UK would think of deporting an abandoned child who has lived in the UK from the age of 7
America will not do this

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by freecocoa(f): 10:13am On Jan 26, 2013
Feed me more:
I'm am assuming you did not bother to read the thread before commenting.
From what I read , nothing was said about his folks or how he got to the Uk abi a 7 years old child go just board plane go England all alone?
Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by hpk(m): 10:14am On Jan 26, 2013
One_Naira:

How do you know the dude is going to hell?

Anyway, is Nigeria any better. Boko haram up north, Ritualist and robbery SW. Kidnappers SE and SS. Which side is safe?
middle belt... Hahahahahaha
Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by simdam500(m): 10:20am On Jan 26, 2013
No place lyk home
Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:21am On Jan 26, 2013
Truckpusher: That is to show you man's inhumanity to fellow man when you're down the ladder of life....

My brother....a very unfortunate event indeed.
Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by bookface: 10:27am On Jan 26, 2013
soma042:

commiting suiccide is the best according to you abi ?
Must you commemt if you dont have tangable thing to say. People self

Can you tell me in plain words why Living a difficult life is more pleasurable than being dead and at peace with yourself? To the society, this outcome is far superior than getting into crime.

He took his OWN life. No one gives a damn about him when he was alive, no one will be hurt by his absence, no one will miss him.

The dude has a really sad life, no families, no friends, no future, no home. His life was about to be made much more difficult by getting deported to a country he barely knew. He's expected to toil and boil in the streets of Lagos and to fend for himself in a place where even the toughest breeds crack under pressure. To him, this is not an acceptable choice, perhaps dieing is a lot easier? What difference would it make if he got hit by a car or stabbed by a random junkie? or burnt at stake by an angry Nigerian mob?
Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by CGKing(m): 10:27am On Jan 26, 2013
redsun:

He is Not going to hell,he is dead and at peace. While you remain in turmoil in the living hell that he avoided.

Oh no! Pls I hope u don't plan to commit suicide soon. Pls don't do it, there is still hope. U can make it. Or u may make it.
Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by Lilnikee(m): 10:30am On Jan 26, 2013
Kolomental.
Re: Nigerian Hangs Himself In UK Over Fear Of Deportation To Nigeria by wazobiaforu(m): 10:31am On Jan 26, 2013
Its a pity, at some points in life, everybody need someone to be there for him/her,may not necessary to be financially or spiritually but emotionally, he really need someone to help him emotionally and tell him what the future hold for him but nobody was there, let allow God to judge the poor boy.
NOW, what is wrong with many Nigerian running up and down UK,they keep deporting them,treating them like shit yet British Airways keep celebrating coming to Nigeria everyday, they use our money,our brain and resources to build their economy and they still treat us like animal.
America never deport Nigerian the way the Uk do, my best advice is, if you dont have enough money to cater for yourself in UK, dont go or abbadone your kid thinking they will get Cito.
The British are number one Nigeria Enemy but always pretend as friend.
RIP Balogun

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

9 Kogi Workers Die Of Hunger Waiting For Unpaid Salaries / Corruption War : "People Are Now Ready To Blow Whistle" - Keyamo / Onnoghen: If I’m The CJN, I Will Resign - El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.