Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies (78946 Views)

First Aid/treatment Of Ebola Virus Disease / First Aid & Emergencies electric Shock Treatment / Hair Care Treatment - Common Natural Solutions For Common Hair Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by pumpingmachine: 5:54pm On Jul 20, 2013
Interesting stuffs
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by udoka2: 8:18pm On Sep 23, 2013
@
Primerose
Go to Nig Redcross society for the training.
I got certified as a firstaider last weekend. Just basic first, may be doing d advanced course next year. The certification lasts for 3 years, after which u renew it.

@poster
Pls dont allow this thread die o.
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 24, 2013
udoka2: @
Primerose
Go to Nig Redcross society for the training.
I got certified as a firstaider last weekend. Just basic first, may be doing d advanced course next year. The certification lasts for 3 years, after which u renew it.

@poster
Pls dont allow this thread die o.
you can help...tips for any emergency will do wink
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by udoka2: 8:00am On Sep 26, 2013
@centje,
I still be amatur ooo grin grin, l joined the forum to learn from people like you abegi. I never treat anybody o, only have the theortical knowledge as a result of the training.
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by evangellin: 12:08pm On Oct 17, 2013
ya this is basic and everybody should be aware of this. good to start this thread. thanks for the informations. all the best, looking forward for the good tips. so that we can help others
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by endy231: 8:54pm On Oct 19, 2013
donofdons: [size=28pt]In snake bite, do not suck the wound and do nt cut open the wound to remove the poison. Make sure you dont press the bite area as not to spread the poison and increase its circulation. Get as fast as possible to the hospital not the local healer.[/size]

Sir,
I love two of your tips above. However, i strongly disagree with you on the last part of your post (go to the hospital and not the local healer). Even the Primary health care in Nigeria recognizes the role of the traditional healers. Your post would be more educative if you say, do not go to the local healer when there is a hospital closer to you. Wasting more than 30minutes after certain types of snake bite in a bid to get to the hospital may be a deadly venture.
The traditional healers are more conversant with the types of snakes in their locality, just that their moods of treatment may expose one to certain secondary infection which could be easily treated if noticed on time.
Am saying this cause i have gone to villages in Nigeria where you must travel some good kilometers before you see a FUNCTIONING health facilities. I personally think it would be better for one to go to the traditional healer if the closest hospital is more than 20-30mins, but should immediately go to hospital after local first aid measures from the traditional healer.
My view is inline with 2 out of the 3 aims of first aid treatments, which are
1. To preserve life
2. To prevent the condition from worsening
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by endy231: 10:37pm On Oct 19, 2013
donofdons: [size=28pt]In snake bite, do not suck the wound and do nt cut open the wound to remove the poison. Make sure you dont press the bite area as not to spread the poison and increase its circulation. Get as fast as possible to the hospital not the local healer.[/size]

Sir,
I love two of your tips above. However, i strongly disagree with you on the last part of your post (go to the hospital and not the local healer). Even the Primary health care in Nigeria recognizes the role of the traditional healers. Your post would be more educative if you say, do not go to the local healer when there is a hospital closer to you. Wasting more than 30minutes after certain types of snake bite in a bid to get to the hospital may be a deadly venture.
The traditional healers are more conversant with the types of snakes in their locality, just that their moods of treatment may expose one to certain secondary infection which could be easily treated if noticed on time.
Am saying this cause i have gone to villages in Nigeria where you must travel some good kilometers before you see a FUNCTIONING health facilities. I personally think it would be better for one to go to the traditional healer if the closest hospital is more than 20-30mins, but should immediately go to hospital after local first aid measures from the traditional healer.
1. To preserve life
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by endy231: 11:30pm On Oct 19, 2013

Sir,
1. To preserve life

2 Likes

Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by ladon(m): 8:54pm On Oct 24, 2013
centje: ACUTE ASTHMA

Asthma is regarded as a chronic inflammation of the airway which tend to cause muscle spasm,increase mucus secretion and cause narrowing of the airway. Hence the breathlessness the sufferers experience. Its usually triggered by a factor.

Common triggers:
Chest infection,pollen,dust,fur,smoke,fumes from frying oil,cold,exercise,excessive emotions...

Pointers:
_Breathlessness
_difficulty in speech
_chest tightness
_Wheezing
_Persistent cough
_Poor skin colour

¤ Mild attack:

Short of breath, wheeze, cough, chest tightness.

¤ Moderate attack:
Loud wheeze, breathing difficulties, can only speak in short sentences.

¤ Severe attack:
Distressed, gasping for breath, difficulty speaking two words, blueness around the mouth.

WHAT TO DO:

* Remove the person from source of triggering factor

* Rest the person,usually the person sits up,leans forward with his hand on a table or on his knees.

* Administer his reliever medication,one puff at a time (usually one minute interval), use spacer if available,especially for a child.

* Give 3 puffs (mild attack) then 6-8 puffs (severe attack) waiting for a minute between each puff and, if no improvement, repeat after 4 to 6 minutes(depending on the severity).

* Rush to hospital or call paramedic,if these measures are not helpful.

HOW TO GIVE THE PUFFS

#1. Using the inhaler with spacer...

*Remove cap and shake inhaler well.

* Insert inhaler into spacer.

*Have the person breathe out completely and put mouth tightly around spacer mouthpiece.

*Press inhaler once to deliver a puff.

Have the person breathe in slowly through the mouth and then hold breath for 10 seconds.

* Give a total of 4 puffs( for mild attack) or 6-8 puffs (for severe attack), waiting about a minute between each puff.

#2. Using Inhaler Without a Spacer...

Remove the inhaler cap and shake well.

Have the person breathe out all the way and seal lips tightly around inhaler mouthpiece.

* As the person starts to breathe in slowly, press down on inhaler one time.

The person should keep breathing in as slowly and deeply as possible (about five to seven seconds) and then hold breath for 10 seconds.

Give a total of four puffs ( for mild attack) and 6 to 8 puffs( for severe attack), waiting about one minute between each puff.

* After each set of the 4 or 6 puffs, wait for 4 or 6 minutes (depending on the severity). If the person still has trouble breathing, give another set of 4 or 6 puffs.

If there’s still little or no improvement, repeat the steps

until ambulance arrives or hospital is reached.

[ Remember to start CPR when the need arises ]
Yeah this is important but this action widget would help[http://healthguardmain..com/2013/10/develop-asthma-action-plan.html][/url]
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 24, 2013
thanks ladon.
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by ladon(m): 4:56pm On Oct 25, 2013
eddy123 It is very important to go and seek medical hel[ within 30 minutes. Forget unorthodox help you would not know if they work or not. I hope you know some snakes are not poisonous and a non orthodox healer would claim he heal that too. This link may help you[http://healthguardmain..com/2013/10/first-aid-snake-bite.html][/url] kiss
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Yahoo1(m): 6:31pm On Jul 06, 2014
A little help here! I had a little accident yesterday,nd unfortunately for me my front Tooth got broken...it didn't fall of,it just got BROKEN! Pls what should I do? Will it disturb me in the future? It's kinda making my body tingle
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 10, 2014
Lovely thread, and to think I was about giving a lecture on first aid. I noticed some of the things I learnt are contradicting Frm what is here.
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by CuteCynthia(f): 5:46pm On Jul 12, 2014
Great tips! smiley
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Kunlexic(m): 4:04am On Jul 15, 2014
Passing by
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 18, 2014
This is to say that health is good, you have to make you health strong before wealth
these produce i will talk about is
These mangosteen xanthones kill cancer cell, petoxifies the body, lower blood sugar, anti oxidant, fight aging, clean all sort of arthrietis.ask me how
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Seroautos: 9:13pm On Aug 17, 2014
HOW TO TAKE CARE OF THE SKIN

Some habits are essential in order to care for your skin and have a radiate complexion all year long. Whatever your skin type here are some 11 essential tips. visit www.ladieswinds.com
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by seromezy: 5:39am On Sep 09, 2014
If you wanna know how to stay in good health visit www.gohealthfacts.com
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by wilfred110(m): 9:44pm On Sep 30, 2014
Do you need an urgent loan? we offer all types of loan as low as 2% interest rate.
details applicant should contact us via email:www.fidelityloanfirm28@gmail.com for more informations, applicant should get back to us with the informations below. 1. Full name: 2 .Country: 3. Loan amount needed: 4. Loan duration:5. Occupation 6. Phone number: 7. Monthly income: 8. Purpose Of Loan: Have you applied for a loan before : Reply to via email:www.fidelityloanfirm28@gmail.com
Regards.
WILFRED.
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by finfol007(m): 9:08am On Oct 06, 2014
i there,fellow nurses...how was your day?
,there is a new nursing channel here on blackberry....some of you might have joined,some of you might not have...its ok....here is the channel pin. C00241581 ...(if you are not sure on what blackberry channels is all about, just click on the pin C00241581.then click join,aftrrwards check your bbm feeds/updates...u wont regeret it) this channel was created to share information about nursing and nurses which includes....regular nursing news,nursing jobs in Nigeria and abroad,nursing research,new nursing trends...e.t.c..lets together form a unified body here on bbm....
cheers({})

if the pin aint going through,try this link.... http://www.bbm.com/bbm/en/add-channel.html?bbmInviteId=C00241581

Afterward,click on open in bbm...
Thanks
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Pdizzle(m): 11:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Gen2jaynee: 12:03pm On Oct 07, 2014
Please who knows how to deal with vericose veins? And where can I get compression socks, or are they the same with those thiicks socks, we buy from okrika sellers(2nd hand we)?
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by reflectrends: 4:23pm On Oct 14, 2014
You want to shed some weight? Tone your abs?keep fit? Lets do it together in a fun and healthy way. CARDIOPARTY....
party yourself into SHAPE,through 3 amazing dance routines including old school special:
1)Hip Hop
2)Contemporary
3)Salsa
Side attraction: counseling session with health professionals,and lots more. For ticket booking,contact 08060144601,08033190506,08172073406,08020676029

Don't miss this opportunity to keep FIT on the MOVE!!!

Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Qdamsin(m): 9:03pm On Oct 14, 2014
The moment people discover (after a diagnosis) that they have cancer, they start thinking
fear, they start thinking expensive. It is actually the believe of many that the cost of
treating cancer is expensive, and for this reason cage themselves indoor and die on
silently. In reality, it is discovered that the greatest weapon ever in the human battle
against cancer is something not far-fetched. We actually need not look ahead. With just a
little look around we'll find them resting in hearts and bellies of some foods/fruits.

Medicalmattaz: NUTRITION AND CANCER. Some Very Important Cancer-fighting Foods/Fruits. . . - http://medicalmattaz..nl/2014/10/nutrition-and-cancer-some-very.html?m=0#more
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Chookym(m): 4:09pm On Oct 16, 2014
@op thanks for this tips
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 16, 2014
Chookym:
@op thanks for this tips
you're welcome.
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Edosbeat(m): 6:56am On Oct 22, 2014
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Edosbeat(m): 5:27am On Oct 23, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead / Italy Has Spread Coronavirus To 11 Countries So Far (info Graphic) / 8 Foods That Increases Sperm Count

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.