Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,214 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies (78944 Views)

First Aid/treatment Of Ebola Virus Disease / First Aid & Emergencies electric Shock Treatment / Hair Care Treatment - Common Natural Solutions For Common Hair Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Immaangel(f): 7:01am On May 21, 2015
Pls what will I use to dry up a wound cos its over a month I have a knife cut on my leg somehow inbetween two toes and it has refused to heal, d worst part of it is that it hurts like hell and I always get hit by something in my environment on d same sport. Pls prescribe a drug I can use to dry it up and heal faster. Thanks
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by exxy(m): 8:35am On May 24, 2015
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by exxy(m): 12:29am On Jun 01, 2015
Immaangel:
Pls what will I use to dry up a wound cos its over a month I have a knife cut on my leg somehow inbetween two toes and it has refused to heal, d worst part of it is that it hurts like hell and I always get hit by something in my environment on d same sport. Pls prescribe a drug I can use to dry it up and heal faster. Thanks
press with hot water every morning and night then add white capsule
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Alemo50: 10:10pm On Jun 01, 2015
Immaangel:

If a wound has not healed for over a month it might be a pointer to an underlying illness, particularly diabetes. So please test your urine for sugar. Do you urinate excessively or get thirsty too often? Any weight loss?
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Immaangel(f): 7:59pm On Jun 02, 2015
Alemo50:

If a wound has not healed for over a month it might be a pointer to an underlying illness, particularly diabetes. So please test your urine for sugar. Do you urinate excessively or get thirsty too often? Any weight loss?
Non, its healing now but not rapidly
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by bides: 12:17pm On Jun 07, 2015
A GOOD DAY TO BE ALIVE : First Aid

A good day to be alive!
When a Cardiac arrest survivor was asked how he was feeling? He replied “it’s a good day to be alive”. Another Cardiac arrest survivor Mr. Hicks, while giving a speech to thank the team that saved him said “Every day is a blessing. It can end in a heartbeat.”(American Red Cross stories, 2013). Anyone who has had a near death experience will feel that way. Life is good! Trust me, life is precious. We all want to be healthy, we all want to be strong and we all want to be alive.

Normal days and events we can’t predict
Our days can be very normal, blessed with routines and we could almost predict what happens next. For instance, you could tell who is coming to dinner; you could predict the weather for the next day but you cannot tell the next healthy friend or family who will suddenly fall ill or die. It can be heart wrenching to watch friends, colleagues and family pass-on in your arms without being able to help.

Could you have done something to save a life?
This is a one billion dollar question! Can you do something to help a dying person? Without any form of medical training or skill can you act and save a life? I know you’d be tempted to say “All I have to do is rush down to the hospital” What if the hospital is far and you get stuck in traffic? You need to do something NOW and you need to act FAST! Just take a look at yourself now and be honest. Is there something you can really do

OH YES! There is something!!
Ever heard about persons who were not nurses, doctors or paramedics saving another person’s life? Oh yea! Real life stories about real people being saved by the skills of others. All over the world people saving people outside hospital settings. In a village with no clinic, a villager revived a drowned little boy with the skill he learnt.

That something you can do is called FIRST AID!
Oh yea! FIRST AID!!! When there is no doctor, no E.R, no Ambulance what you need to start doing before help arrives is first aid. It has made the difference between Life and Death in a lot of cases. First Aid sounds simple and trivial to an average Nigerian but it is the lack of it that accounts for poor outcomes in some accidents and illness and death in some others. Dramatic numbers of Nigerians are dying for lack of First Aid. It is a vital skill every Adult must have.

FIRST AID skills come with benefits
Apart from helping you to save life and helping others get better, First aid skill also comes with benefits.
First aid will give you an edge over others during recruitment. It is a legal requirement for some employers to have trained first aiders so with your primary qualification; your first aid training may give your employer the reason to pick you from the crowd.

Everyone needs to learn First Aid
I have heard doctors and Nurses argue to be custodian of skills far more superior to first aid. However, I have seen Nigerian healthcare providers find it difficult to give care outside their professional environment without their regular gadgets.
First Aid is simple, it saves lives and anyone can learn it. Based on international standard, I think it’s safe to say that all Offices in Nigeria should have at least one appointed first aider. All household should have at least one person trained in First Aid CPR. First Aid is not only Red Cross thing.

Where can I learn First Aid?
There are many centres in Nigeria where you can learn First Aid. You can take advantage of Logroplus Consulting First Aid trainings.

Contact info@logroplusconsulting.org. For those in Port Harcourt, there is a FREE training session on the 11th of June, 2015[color=#990000][/color]. More information on http://www.logroplusconsulting.org/training-schedules-12.html

1 Like

Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Fem60(m): 7:43pm On Jun 08, 2015
what have you done to remove that yeast infection you have. Do you really know what yeast infection is? Is a bad and dangerous disease that can turn your skin totally. Those bad rash you have is a completely yeast infection. Go and look at the picture here: www.nairaland.com/2361713/free-yourself-yeast-infection-within
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by FeliciaAkande60: 3:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
hello everybody! please vote for nirvana initiative here http://breakpoint.connectedlagos.com/dash-2015-charity-online-voting/ plssss, thank you very much. wink smiley

Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Huskyfrancis(m): 2:36pm On Jun 12, 2015
Do you, your friend or relative needs an extensive/intensive quality medical service with no cut throat charges?

In the heart of Pune in India is Ruby Hall Clinic, one of the best medical institutions in the world, arguably, the best in India is what you need.

We will help you with every required assistance free of charge to ease your medical tourism to Ruby Hall Clinic and we assure that you'll testify how humanly care makes God cure.

To help you arrange free video-conference with Panel of Doctors to discuss your health:

Speak with Folu:
Mobile: 08116950634, 08038243730
Whatsapp: 08038243730
Facebook: Komolafe F. Francis
BBM: 2BA5C16B
E-mail: folu_mgtworld@yahoo.com

Ruby Hall Clinic treatment cover the under-listed and beyond. Be encouraged to speak with Folu.

1. Anaesthesia
2. Cancer Treatment
3. Critical Care
4. Gastroenterology
5. IVF & Endoscopy
6. Liver transplant
7. Neurosurgery
8. Ophthalmology
9. Paediatrics Orthopaedics
10. Psychiatry
11. Vascular Surgery
12. Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery
13. Cardiology
14. Dental Surgery
15. General Surgery
16. Kidney Transplant
17. Neuro Trauma
18. Nuclear Medicine
19. Orthopaedics and Joint Replacement
20. Paediatric Surgery
21. Spine Surgery
22. Bone Marrow Transplant
23. Cosmetic Surgery
24. ENT
25. Hematology
26. Laparoscopic Surgery. (MIS-Minimal Invasive Surgery)
27. Neurology
28. Obstetrics and Gynaecology
29. Paediatric & Neonathology
30. Pain Management & Palliative Care
31. Urology.
32. Etc.

1 Like

Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by oluwawilliams(m): 5:29am On Jun 13, 2015
STUDY IN UNIVERSITIES IN PHILIPPINES WITH LOW TUITION FEES NO JAMB, NO UTME.Seriously,why kill yourself over jamb while your mates got this information and are now studying in universities with international recognitions.Lots of countries in the world will invite you to study abroad which will be quit expensive and in most cases you've ignored,but have you ever considered the Philippines? Do you know atleast 1 out of 10 doctors in the US studied inthe Philippines? Do you know south Koreasends not less than a thousand students every month to study in Philippines?Aside from the international standard of teaching,the tuition fees in the Philippines is one of the cheapest you can find around the world. Most students in Philippines pays less than$500(#100,000)per section,which means with$2000(#400,000)you can complete a 4 years degree course.The amazing part of this is you don't need to hustle for admission all you need is your secondary school statement of result(WAEC).With your WAEC result or neco result you can gain admission to any school and course of yourchoice...below are some key stepsyou needto follow to become a student of Philippines1, you need tosubmit the necessary document(waec result,photocopy of passport Bio page etc) to any school of your choice in the Philippines andpay the necessary charges for the school toprocess and send you an invitation letter.2, you will wait for about 5 working days to receive your invitation letter from the schoolthrough DHL.3, After you've received the invitation, you will prepareother documents for authentication and go get your visa at the Philippines embassy in your country.4, buy your fight ticket and its done. You will be guided on other processes on your arrival to the Philippines.NOTE ::no payment of tuition fees to any one until yourarrival to the Philippines.Admission is sure,visa is sure...all am here todo is toguide you and give you information about the schoolshere. And there tuition fees.. for help about studying in Philippines do not hesitate to contact MR Tobi on +639477250322 Email: Tonioni2013@gmail.com Whatsapp:+639062418709 BBM: 569C2A60
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by egbojohn: 4:43pm On Jun 16, 2015

Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by egbojohn: 11:26am On Jun 17, 2015

Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Eddygrate: 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2015
BEST RESIDENTIAL CLEANING SERVICES PROVIDER Our professional maid service cleaning in residence on a call out or regular scheduled basis will guarantee peaceful and convivial atmosphere for healthy living. We provide these services each time we are in your home: - Each room will be thoroughly cleaned, dusted and vacuumed using professional cleaning products and equipments. - All kitchen appliances, cabinets, tables and chairs will be cleaned and counters, sinks and backsplashes will be scrubbed and sanitized. - Your bathroom area will positively shine after we’ve cleaned and disinfected tile walls, bath tubs, showers, sinks and cabinets. The floor and tile walls will be washed, scrubbed and chrome polished. -And then in your bedroom, linens will be changed, and furniture’s cleaned and dusted heavy knick – knack areas dusted, cobwebs removed, all accessible floor area swept and mopped, with every other thing in place for a peaceful living experience. What a joy this will bring to your family to see your home sparkling each time we visit. For more details please contact SPOTLESS SHINE CLEANING SERVICES 25 Mabawonku Street Oworonshoki –Lagos Nigeria +2347033491967 Spotless.shinec@gmail.com
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Vanije: 7:45pm On Jun 22, 2015
Been following this thread for a while now. Quite helpful tips. Huge shout outs to @omicron & @centje
Please if you're health personnel in the house, your eminent presence shall be appreciated at this event: . http://www.trendyhealthworld.com/event/ Lots of other health experts would be in the house.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by EnvilleInstitut(f): 10:44am On Jun 30, 2015
Enville Institute of Environmental & Safety Management

Enroll for any of our July, 2015 Training Programmes.

1. Environmental Pollution and Control Training - Date: 6th - 7th July, 2015 Course Fee: N35,000 Duration: 2 days

2. Quality Management System (ISO 9001:2004) & Quality Assurance Training - Date: 8th - 10th July, 2015 Course Fee: N40,000 Duration: 3 days

3. General Health, Safety & Environment (GHSE) - Date: 14th - 17th July, 2015 Course Fee: N45,000 Duration: 4 Days

4. HSE Level 3 (Supervisor Programme) - Date: 22nd - 24th July, 2015 Course Fee: N35,000 Duration: 3 Days

5. Chemical & Material Handling Safety - Date 29th - 31st July, 2015 Course Fee:N35,000 Duration: 3 Days

Venue: Enville Training Hall 4, Osho Street, off Opebi Road, Ikeja, Lagos
Call: 08064184140, 07026033769 or institute@envilleconsult.com or info@envilleinstitute.org

We offer Industrial Practical First Aid Training by seasoned professional and certified trainer. Hurry and register with us and give your career a boost and become employable.

Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Tunrayo75(f): 8:28pm On Jul 03, 2015
Thank you so much for writing first aid treatments,you've helped me alot doctor
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by djamelvincent(m): 3:30am On Jul 18, 2015
My name is djamel Vincent my lovely wife suffered from chronic breast cancer for 14 years until i met doctor aduba johnson who was able to give her the medications that cured her. Now she is so healthy and full of life. if you are still suffering from cancer grab this opportunity and be cured.
For more information or enquiries on how to get your own medication. Contact: Doctor Aduba Johnson on (doctorjohnsonaduba@gmail.com)
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by DOBITAHERBALS: 6:17pm On Jul 31, 2015
most sickness and deseases have proved inpossible to cure becaurse mostly some sickneses are spiritual and not physical but only a GoD NATURALLY GIVEN MEDICINE THAT CAN GET TO THE ROOTH OF ALL KIND OF SICKNESS EVEN HIV AIDS......THIS IS WHY I ADVICE YOU TO VISIT

DOBITA HERBALS AND RECIEVE INSTANT CURE OF ANY KIND OF SICKNESES YOU CAN THINK OF..........................INCLUDING HIV AIDS.....................
DOBITA HERBALS ITS LOCATED

AT DELTA STATE : NO. 1 ENERHEN JUNCTION ENERHEN
BYAGAGA HOUSE EFFURUN

DELTA STATE

TELL :+2348102620717, +2349022456052 EMAIL: hrh.eze.dr.odogwu@gmail.com

our phc offfice: NO. 189 IKWERE ROAD MILE 3 DIOBE OPP MILE 3 MARKET PH RIVER STATE

TELLV+2348099146956

Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Eddygrate: 8:06am On Aug 03, 2015
FUMIGATION SERVICES For fumigation of your home, office spaces, apartments, open lands, etc. We offer a quality and affordable services such as fumigation and cleaning. and we take responsibilities on all our jobs and we have a single goal in mind in our jobs, that is CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. We charge as low as N5,000 per job, depending on the size of the apartment For More info Please Contact SPOTLESS SHINE CLEANING SERVICES 25 mabawonku Stresst oworonshoki Lagos 07033491967 Spotless.shinec@gmail.com

Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by AKKKN: 3:34am On Aug 04, 2015
ebola vaccine is out. full news at knowlophy.com
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Purnitigulati: 9:57am On Aug 14, 2015
In case of emergency First aid is very necessary,First aid can save someones life if we know how handle an emergency situation , First aid is as easy as ABC - A for airway, B for breathing and C for CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation),In any emergency situation, apply the DRSABCD Action Plan.First aid kit play very important role in saving somones like buy firsy aid kit here : http://health-beauty.exportersindia.com/first-aid-kit.htm
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by weightloss30(m): 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2015
Crazy Weight Loss Secret
The Venus Factor is a diet and fitness system created specially for women. The program takes a revolutionary approach to weight loss for women in it is potential for transforming the female body. These program is creating a buzz of excitement world-wide because them works.

Exclusive Weight Loss Program For Women
- See more at: http://venusfactour.com/crazy-weight-loss-secret/#sthash.dmXLqgf4.dpuf
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by dahmorla: 1:19am On Aug 24, 2015
Earn Additional Income

Want to earn more?

As an adplus Adpreneur you can earn beyond your expectation without stress by soliciting and booking Adverts in the Newspapers such as Announcements, Congratulatory Messages, Obituaries, Change of Names from Individuals, Companies or Government and then place those Adverts in the requested Newspaper via the Adplus360 Portal (www.adplus.ng).
And earn as high as a 25% commission on every advert placed via the portal.

Interested in having a genuine additional source of income? Kindly reach us, you can get more information by filling the feedback form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1MqqKu6zGQugt5EJjyFW6hBPZXOhdRFLs280sRVgZvHo/viewform?c=0&w=1
Re: First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies by Opeoluwa99(f): 11:28am On Aug 28, 2015
Hello everyone,this is my first ever comment using my acct bt nt my first comment on this page,i used my eldest sis acct.I want to appreciate the doctors nd dose who inquired abt somethings cos u've really helped alot of people mostly d ghost readers.On behalf of d ghost readers i say "THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR RESTORING HOPE TO US".I really love the health section nd i will try to share my knowledge also.Thanks once again to everyone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead / Italy Has Spread Coronavirus To 11 Countries So Far (info Graphic) / 8 Foods That Increases Sperm Count

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.