Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,740 members, 7,809,832 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Why Do Reasonable People Elope? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Reasonable People Elope? (11054 Views)

Can U Elope Wit Ur Lover? / What Would U Do If Ur Parents Are Against Ur Partner, Elope Or Succumb? / Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by Smartiegurl(f): 9:12am On Jan 27, 2013
Sometimes i wonder what drags people to elope. If everybody around you is against your love affair,then why insisting? Don't you think you wil keep having problems? Please what are your views on this topic? Just curious.
Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by jessybarbie(f): 9:21am On Jan 27, 2013
Reasons why Couples 'elope' may include the feeling of been completely in love and caring less about others. A relationship is about the two people involved that's why the bible said 'the man will leave his parents and be with his woman till death'

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by Mynd44: 9:31am On Jan 27, 2013
Every man or woman is responsible for his/her destiny.
So because everyone is against you doing something makes that thing wrong? Have you thought that they might be wrong and the ones eloping right?

Imagine a society which says Igbo must not have anything to do with one another. The entires community will be against the relationship just because of the tribal difference but does that make them right? By eloping, the couple has a chance at a life they want without the judgement from people who should not make silly laws.

If you want to know more or get an idea of Eloping, read this book
The twins of the rain forest

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by Smartiegurl(f): 9:32am On Jan 27, 2013
jessybarbie: Reasons why Couples 'elope' may include the feeling of been completing in love and caring less about others. A relationship is about the two people involved that's why the bible said 'the man will leave his parents and be with his woman forever till death'
do you thnk they wil be happy when everyone around them is against their love affair?
Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by Mynd44: 9:35am On Jan 27, 2013
Your post was spammed and you were probably banned. Sorry lemme try to help. Here is what she wrote
@Jessybarbie, do you thnk they wil be happy when everyone around them is against their love affair?
Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by djeezy(m): 9:37am On Jan 27, 2013
Smartie gurl: Sometimes i wonder what drags people to elope. If everybody around you is against your love affair,then why insisting? Don't you think you wil keep having problems? Please what are your views on this topic? Just curious.
Majority can be wrong, eloping is a thing of choice. If you can be responsible for your actions and all that suffice thereafter, then it's nobody's business. Somewhat btw.
Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by Mynd44: 9:40am On Jan 27, 2013
@Smartie girl, In reply to your post that was hidden, they will certainly be happy. Why should they no be?
Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by sunnyt1(m): 10:37am On Jan 27, 2013
Smartie gurl: Sometimes i wonder what drags people to elope. If everybody around you is against your love affair,then why insisting? Don't you think you wil keep having problems? Please what are your views on this topic? Just curious.

I’ve also been wondering why people elope when everyone is against their union, but I see it as a sign of not being thoughtful and loving with the heart.( There is diff btw loving with the heart and loving with the head,) I know most young people can do it so let me explain b4 u buried me.

Most (not all) lovers who eloped had come to regret their actions, I’ve seen many like that and there is something about love, it ends in regret (not all times)

Matured people, come let’s reason together, I’m referring to people who had been in like 10 different relationships. Have you observed that when you started dating someone (like your 1st or 2nd guy/gal), the feelings was so strong at 1st but after sometime the love start dwindling away, u might have seen it over and over again. What if you eloped with the person? Where are your 1st three boy/girl friends?

For a starter, eloping wouldn’t be a surprise (e neva get experience, e no know anything), but I will be surprised if a matured person do it. Why not do everything to prove to your people that you believe this person is the best for you? Why not reason out things with them? Couldn’t they have seen what you didn’t? The madness is, when you have problem or need help, you will still come back to these same people, your parent which you disobeyed, disrespected, rejected.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by 190: 10:41am On Jan 27, 2013
undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by Smartiegurl(f): 10:46am On Jan 27, 2013
Pyguru if i start talking about my ban i thnk i wil get furious. Jst dnt wanna ruin my sunday. @Mynd thnks for everythng. Am stil trying to undastnd how som1 wil be happy while hurting other people al in the name of love. Have you been in a t a wedding were either the man/lady wil abandon his/her husband/wife to be just becuz u realized you dnt love the person. Why hurting the person by running away on the wedding? Is really unfair.
Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by Smartiegurl(f): 10:49am On Jan 27, 2013
sunny t:

I’ve also been wondering why people elope when everyone is against their union, but I see it as a sign of not being thoughtful and loving with the heart.( There is diff btw loving with the heart and loving with the head,) I know most young people can do it so let me explain b4 u buried me.

Most (not all) lovers who eloped had come to regret their actions, I’ve seen many like that and there is something about love, it ends in regret (not all times)

Matured people, come let’s reason together, I’m referring to people who had been in like 10 different relationships. Have you observed that when you started dating someone (like your 1st or 2nd guy/gal), the feelings was so strong at 1st but after sometime the love start dwindling away, u might have seen it over and over again. What if you eloped with the person? Where are your 1st three boy/girl friends?

For a starter, eloping wouldn’t be a surprise (e neva get experience, e no know anything), but I will be surprised if a matured person do it. Why not do everything to prove to your people that you believe this person is the best for you? Why not reason out things with them? Couldn’t they have seen what you didn’t? The madness is, when you have problem or need help, you will still come back to these same people, your parent which you disobeyed, disrespected, rejected.

exactly my point bro, why eloping when you knw u can't bear the consequences.
Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by Mynd44: 10:51am On Jan 27, 2013
^^
Okay that is a separate issue comppletely. There is a good side and a bad side to everything.

But we need to look at the situation where a person discovers that he/she can't marry a person and fails to show up at the wedding. Is it not better for both parties to be separated and not married at all than to have a marriage that can only be compared to hell?
Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by Smartiegurl(f): 10:58am On Jan 27, 2013
Mynd_44: ^^
Okay that is a separate issue comppletely. There is a good side and a bad side to everything.

But we need to look at the situation where a person discovers that he/she can't marry a person and fails to show up at the wedding. Is it not better for both parties to be separated and not married at all than to have a marriage that can only be compared to hell?
What will happen to the other person's love for you? Why wait til ur wedding b4 taking such action? When asked you wil open ur mouth widely and say "am sorry, i never loved you, am in love with another" just WTF!!
Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by Mynd44: 11:59am On Jan 27, 2013
Smartie gurl: What will happen to the other person's love for you? Why wait til ur wedding b4 taking such action? When asked you wil open ur mouth widely and say "am sorry, i never loved you, am in love with another" just WTF!!
That is why I said it is bad. I did not say it is good.
I am just trying to see it from the point of view of the person left behind. If the person could do something that evil, then that person left at the altar should be happy
Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:04pm On Jan 27, 2013
Beacause our society doesn`t recognise them.

If you have reasonable songs,no one will buy your cd,unless you sing about bum bum and fake asses.
Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by Libkid(m): 12:09pm On Jan 27, 2013
Ppl elope cos of haterz and bad belle ppl and also d fear of bin treated as outsiders in their environ.
Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 27, 2013
Mynd_44: Every man or woman is responsible for his/her destiny.
So because everyone is against you doing something makes that thing wrong? Have you thought that they might be wrong and the ones eloping right?

Imagine a society which says Igbo must not have anything to do with one another. The entires community will be against the relationship just because of the tribal difference but does that make them right? By eloping, the couple has a chance at a life they want without the judgement from people who should not make silly laws.

If you want to know more or get an idea of Eloping, read this book
The twins of the rain forest
Good point. Don't ever listen to people around u on some issues. Most of the time, they are the ones who are wrong.
Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by bola4dprec(m): 12:14pm On Jan 27, 2013
My dear girl, you don't consent to an abduction! You consent to an elopement, and I knew you wouldn't do that.
Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 27, 2013
sunny t:

When your parents are against ur union, make sure it is not multivated by selfish reasons. Most of the time thay ain't gat good reasons at all. And for the fact that some failed as elopee does not mean their parents were right in the first place. They would probably fail if they had lsiten to their parents in the first place. If I am going to fail, let it be frm my own decision but for me to fail based on the advice of others, very embarssing and I won't take.
Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by ITbomb(m): 12:22pm On Jan 27, 2013
The feeling of love can make people insane.
Only people who are madly in love do elope
Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by Smartiegurl(f): 12:22pm On Jan 27, 2013
Mynd_44:
That is why I said it is bad. I did not say it is good.
I am just trying to see it from the point of view of the person left behind. If the person could do something that evil, then that person left at the altar should be happy
although most people elope to avoid public insults sha. . . . . .buh tell me, would you eva elope with ur lover?
Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by Abrantie: 12:23pm On Jan 27, 2013
sunny t:

Most (not all) lovers who didn't elope had come to regret their actions, I’ve seen many like that and there is something about love, it ends in regret (not all times)
Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by bunmila(f): 12:23pm On Jan 27, 2013
Do people elope? In today's world?
Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by cyril83(m): 12:28pm On Jan 27, 2013
These are common reasons why people decide to elope:

Intimacy

Wedding Cost

Ease

Family

Religion / Culture

Want to marry quickly

Marrying Again

Want a small wedding

Dislike attention
Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by gramci: 12:28pm On Jan 27, 2013
They elope because they are unreasonable.
Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by Mynd44: 12:30pm On Jan 27, 2013
Smartie gurl: although most people elope to avoid public insults sha. . . . . .buh tell me, would you eva elope with ur lover?
If I lived in a society which is biased towards a point which I know is totally wrong, I might move out and move to another place. That is a standing decision whether or not love is involved.

If I have kids in a house and a brothel opens next door, won't I move? If the environment I find myself is flawed, yes I will elope

1 Like

Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by cyril83(m): 12:30pm On Jan 27, 2013
bunmila:
Do people elope? In today's world?
ofcourse yes ...Till tommorrow's world
Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by cyril83(m): 12:32pm On Jan 27, 2013
gramci: They elope because they are unreasonable.
objection sir
Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by eagleeye2: 12:35pm On Jan 27, 2013
sunny t:

Matured people, come let’s reason together, I’m referring to people who had been in like 10 different relationships. Have you observed that when you started dating someone (like your 1st or 2nd guy/gal), the feelings was so strong at 1st but after sometime the love start dwindling away, u might have seen it over and over again. What if you eloped with the person? Where are your 1st three boy/girl friend

I take it that you have never been in Love. If you have ever been in Love you will know that even when you have had a 100 love affairs, you will never feel the same thing you felt for your "one true love".
Society just like things to remain normal without ever changing that is why they oppose certains things they tag abnormal.
Re: Why Do Reasonable People Elope? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 27, 2013
Not only is eloping a very bad idea, it also shows that the two people eloping are extremely childish and unreasonable. If parents are against your union, for any reason apart from religious, there is nothing better than respectfully explaining your stand to them and letting them know you have to be with each other. Handling the issue as maturely as possible.

Every parent wants the best for their kids. And they always think their children are not mature enough to take life altering decisions on their own. Eloping will only prove how childish you are and your parents will be vindicated.

So after running away with the girl you love, what happens next? You stay there for ever? You come back after your stupidity must have been made evident even to you, and beg your parents? Lol. Nonsense!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The Most Beautiful Girl On Nairaland / Sexiest Girls On Nairaland!!! / He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.