Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd (11077 Views)

He Wants Me To Grace His Bed For My Fee / Housewife Dies In Lover’s House while Man Loses Life In Brothel. / "I Dont Know Who Got Me Pregnant".true Life Confession Of A Housewife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by AmenJoan(f): 6:35am On Apr 09, 2011
Am soon to be married to this wonderful Man but there's an issue. Am through with masters and want to further and get my Phd. However, He thinks we should get married, he'd open a shop for me and I go into business. He says our children and home will suffer if I work since we plan to live in Lagos.
We are quite young, am 24, he's 26. So I was hoping we could put off having kids for about 2years while I run the degree, but he'll have none of that. says the best time to start building a home is now and that I have to sacrifice my career for that. Dont know how to convince him sad

Any ideas? or do you think this is the best in the circumstance?
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by dayokanu(m): 6:36am On Apr 09, 2011
Dont agree to be a housewife.

When you are yet to get married is the best time to lay your cards on the table and stick to it

1 Like

Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by adamsrib(f): 6:42am On Apr 09, 2011
A good man knows that a happy fulfilled woman is going to be a happy and fulfilled wife. Once the babies come your time is no longer your own until they leave home. I would point out all the benefits of you getting your degree now (it may cost more money in a few years etc.) and see if he will go along with that. If he still does not change his mind, then you have a decision to make. Good luck in whatever you decide.
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by Nobody: 6:46am On Apr 09, 2011
girl first off congrats on getting your masters  wink wink

Now this is your life your talking about, u worked your backside off to get your education and now he just wants u to sit up in a house? Let that man know that your a freaking superwoman, u can do it all (with his help of course) millions of women are doing it everyday. If u can't both be happy and get what you want its a no go in my book, cuz he gets to work, wife, kids, and u will be left wondering what if or what could have been. Compromise baby its 2011, he better ask somebody !!
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by Nobody: 6:46am On Apr 09, 2011
while you're pursuing the phd degree he doesnt want you to get just yet, and delaying having the babies he wants now, will you mind if he seeks solace with a caring woman while you're so busy doing the things he didnt support your doing?

not sure if you're aware nigerian men are very much in demand everywhere.
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by Odunnu: 6:49am On Apr 09, 2011
I 'lolled' at your post because we seem to be in the same dilemma but while I assume your husband's position, my husband assumes your position.
Lol. This life sef.
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by fstranger3(m): 6:50am On Apr 09, 2011
You'd be stupid to sacrifice your educational pursuit for some stupiddd marriage

Are you serious or just trolling?

1 Like

Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 09, 2011
very silly no doubt.

but her replacement will be sillier.
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by Nobody: 6:54am On Apr 09, 2011
fstranger3:

You'd be silly to sacrifice your educational pursuit for some stupiddd marriage

Are you serious or just trolling?

I do agree that she shouldn't sacrifice her education when she can have it all, but be nice this is her life and someone she obviously care about, its not "some stupid marriage".  sad
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by jaybee3(m): 6:55am On Apr 09, 2011
I'm surprised that your dude is already making irrational decisions when he hasn't even married you.
Their is so much pride being an independent woman and you are certainly on that track so don't let no man derail it.
Fulfill your ambitions and if he really loves you he'd wait for you and if not let him sod off.

1 Like

Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by dayokanu(m): 6:57am On Apr 09, 2011
caribchic:

I do agree that she shouldn't sacrifice her education when she can have it all, but be nice this is her life and someone she obviously care about, its not "some silly marriage".  sad

Hey girl,

First you look good .

Second its "some silly marriage" if the guy cant allow you to achieve your academic goals.
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by Pweety4me(f): 6:59am On Apr 09, 2011
jay bee:

I'm surprised that your dude is already making irrational decisions when he hasn't even married you.
Their is so much pride being an independent woman and you are certainly on that track so don't let no man derail it.
Fulfill your ambitions and if he really loves you he'd wait for you and if not let him sod off.

Sim[ple!
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by frank317: 6:59am On Apr 09, 2011
did u say ur husband was 26yrs or 36yrs? infact he is acting 46yrs
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 09, 2011
dayokanu:

Hey girl,

First you look good .

Second its "some silly marriage" if the guy cant allow you to achieve your academic goals.

First off, thank you. kiss
Secondly, i'm just considering her feelings here, it may be silly to you but if it was to her then she would have just kicked his a*ss to the curb the minute he mentioned that s*it, not ask for advice.
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by fstranger3(m): 7:04am On Apr 09, 2011
caribchic:

I do agree that she shouldn't sacrifice her education when she can have it all, but be nice this is her life and someone she obviously care about, its not "some silly marriage".  sad

Have you ever been married in your life?

If no, so STFU, and go back to the beach. Your immature opinion is not needed here.

@OP: This is a no brainer, get your education, believe me, every thing else will fall in place seamlessly.
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 09, 2011
the issue isnt necessarily the quandary itself but the fact that both of them are at loggerheads already before the actual ceremony.

well, your education is also important @ poster, and if your fiance doesnt see your point of view, then just go ahead and do as you like.

time will tell if you made the right decision.
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 09, 2011
believe me, every thing else will fall in place seamlessly

indeed!!
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by dayokanu(m): 7:07am On Apr 09, 2011
caribchic:

First off, thank you. kiss
Secondly, i'm just considering her feelings here, it may be silly to you but if it was to her then she would have just kicked his a*ss to the curb the minute he mentioned that s*it, not ask for advice.

^^ First off, where do you live cos I would like to meet you.

Second thing: In this situations most ppl are clouded by their emotions and cant reason straight.

IMO Any partner who tells you to quit school should be avoided. The guy is just 26yrs old for God sake?

Did he send her to school or sponsor her grad sch up til Masters level? He hasnt even married her and is already giving orders?
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by dayokanu(m): 7:08am On Apr 09, 2011
tpiah!:

indeed!!

So Tope, Would you give up your CNA school for our marriage?
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 09, 2011
no cna school, and likewise, no marriage although i cant control your dreams.

dont change the topic or derail the thread, thanks.
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by dayokanu(m): 7:10am On Apr 09, 2011
So lets look for a thread where we can do all we want and even make babies on the thread.

The child would be called "Dividend of democracy"
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 09, 2011
fstranger3:

Have you ever been married in your life?

If no, so STFU, and go back to the beach. Your immature opinion is not needed here.

@OP: This is a no brainer, get your education, believe me, every thing else will fall in place seamlessly.

Ok ur just mean, when u don't have to be cuz obviously i am in agreement that she should get her education  and have not said otherwise in  my posts

dayokanu:

^^ First off, where do you live cos I would like to meet you.

Second thing: In this situations most ppl are clouded by their emotions and cant reason straight.

IMO Any partner who tells you to quit school should be avoided. The guy is just 26yrs old for God sake?

Did he send her to school or sponsor her grad sch up til Masters level? He hasnt even married her and is already giving orders?

Again, i do agreee that she should get her edu, if u read my first reply to her.
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by dayokanu(m): 7:13am On Apr 09, 2011
^^ What of my first question

Where do you live, and How soon can you come live with me?
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 09, 2011
so having a masters is no longer considered an edu.

interesting!!!

yes these same men wont marry women they consider overeducated, citing reasons like she'll be too independent, white [or non-naija]women are better, etc etc.

they'll cheerfully date the uneducated typist from non-naija though.
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by eghost247(m): 7:14am On Apr 09, 2011
Get Your Phd Dont sacrifice that for anyone if he loves you he will understand but do it in a mature not enough for a breakup or anything make him understand and see reason with u
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by fstranger3(m): 7:15am On Apr 09, 2011
tpiah!:

interesting!!!

Thats the minimum nowadays.

He needs to push further, if possible, she should do a post-doc before marriage cool
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 09, 2011
maybe she should become a VC before marriage.

dora akunyili sef married too early. what was her rush and why didnt she get her ministerial appointments before considering marriage.
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by fstranger3(m): 7:16am On Apr 09, 2011
tpiah!:

interesting!!!

yes these same men wont marry women they consider overeducated, citing reasons like she'll be too independent, white [or non-naija]women are better, etc etc.

You are wrong Tpiah!
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 09, 2011
no i'm not!!
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by dayokanu(m): 7:17am On Apr 09, 2011
tpiah!:

interesting!!!

I wonde where you get your ideas from Tope.

A woman overeducated? abeg send such women to me as long as she is sexy. WHo wants to date an uneducated typist?

I can come up with theories how Naija women prefer to date illiterate mechanics too you know.

BTW how far?
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by fstranger3(m): 7:18am On Apr 09, 2011
tpiah!:

[b]maybe she should become a VC before marriag[/b]e.

dora akunyili sef married too early. what was her rush and why didnt she get her ministerial appointments before considering marriage.

If she can achieve that before her 27th birthday, why not.

The more success, the better for me
Re: He Wants Me As A Housewife. I Want My Phd by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 09, 2011
dayokanu:

I wonde where you get your ideas from Tope.

A woman overeducated? abeg send such women to me as long as she is sexy. WHo wants to date an uneducated typist?

I can come up with theories how Naija women prefer to date illiterate mechanics too you know.

BTW how far?

so you check women's credentials before banging them i suppose.

ask your fellow naija males if they're marrying post-Phds.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Nigerian Lady Cries Out On Her Husband's Love For Brezz / Caught My Girlfriend Cheating / See The Most Beautiful Girl On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.