Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Obama Still Has The Ascendancy Over Hillary! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Still Has The Ascendancy Over Hillary! (794 Views)

What Obama Still Owes Africa (a Visit To Nigeria) - Johnnie Carson / Hillary Clinton's Potential Female Vice President? / Hillary Clinton Blasts President Jonathan. Claims He's Corrupt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Still Has The Ascendancy Over Hillary! by BigB11(m): 6:16pm On Mar 05, 2008
Yes, Hillary won yesterday, but not too big, at least not enough to knock off Obama. Obama is still pretty much strong and focused.
FYI: The primary election for another big state (Pennsylvania) is coming up shortly; there has been speculation that Obama could win big in this state.
Even if Obama fails to win, the general consensus is that the vote will go to the convention, which is almost unprecedented. Furthermore, the super delegate vote count would also play a big part.
It is being speculated that in the end Hillary will not have enough total delegate count to claim a victory, but will definitely try to defend her position by stating that she won the most important states.
I'm sure that Americans are too smart to allow her to get away with stealing this election.
Re: Obama Still Has The Ascendancy Over Hillary! by 4Him(m): 6:37pm On Mar 05, 2008
i doubt it now. The superdelegates on clinton's side now know she has a healthy chance.
Re: Obama Still Has The Ascendancy Over Hillary! by sukieboy(f): 6:40pm On Mar 05, 2008
why una too like ready made things. Una country dey hot una no dey discuss am. Na US wey dey millions of miles away. na long throt go kill una walai
Re: Obama Still Has The Ascendancy Over Hillary! by BigB11(m): 6:50pm On Mar 05, 2008
i doubt it now. The superdelegates on clinton's side now know she has a healthy chance.

Good point, but don't forget that many do not like the Clintons.
Re: Obama Still Has The Ascendancy Over Hillary! by TheSly: 7:04pm On Mar 05, 2008
Well there is still hope for Obama because im not sure she could in the 2 other states.
But if she could rack up big margins in the spring contests. . . then thats the end of Obama's quest to the white house. . .
Re: Obama Still Has The Ascendancy Over Hillary! by subice(m): 7:36pm On Mar 05, 2008
Clinton continues to disgust me with each passing day. If she were to win the nomination, there are a lot of people who would vote McCain just so that she doesn't get in. She lacks the composure necessary for a US president. I was so annoyed listening to her going on about how if the call comes through at 3am there is no time for speeches and no time to learn on the job. As Obama rightly pointed out, what experience is she referring to. She has not been president before and therefore has no experience about 'picking the phone at 3am'. Unless of course hubby Bill will be running the White House for her. No of them have that particular experience. Let her enjoy her 'victories' but stop the excessive character assasination tactics.
Re: Obama Still Has The Ascendancy Over Hillary! by Mamajama(m): 10:17pm On Mar 05, 2008
CHICAGO - Democratic Sen. Barack Obama on Wednesday blamed his primary defeats in Ohio and Texas on rival Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's criticism and news coverage that he argued benefited her at his expense.

The presidential candidate said he planned to do more in the days ahead to raise doubts about his opponent's claims to foreign policy and other Washington experience. In a television ad that her campaign credits with helping her win, she portrayed herself as most prepared to handle an international crisis.

"What exactly is this foreign policy experience?" Obama asked mockingly. "Was she negotiating treaties? Was she handling crises? The answer is no."

Clinton, who was asked in TV interviews Wednesday about her national security qualifications, ticked off a series events in which she played a role, including peace talks in Northern Ireland, the Kosovo refugee crisis and standing up for women's rights in China. She also cited her work on the Senate Armed Services Committee.

Obama's campaign immediately delivered on his pledge to criticize Clinton. Aides distributed a memo and held a conference call to question why she won't release her tax returns. The Clinton campaign responded with a statement e-mailed to reporters while they were on the Obama call that said the Clintons' returns since they left the White House will be made public around April 15.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080305/ap_on_el_pr/obama

All this questions should have been the main point Obama camp used to counter attack Hillary. Why was she not declaring her tax return like every other presidential candidate did?
Re: Obama Still Has The Ascendancy Over Hillary! by hollandis(f): 11:14am On Mar 06, 2008
4Him:

LOL
The people's voice is very insignificant,compared to the super delegates. 1 super delegate vote = 1000 peoples votes
A real chance there.It is their party's policy (so no lashing out here)
The states won by barrack are Mc cain states and clinton won in the three most important (largest states)states
another problem with obama is his inabiity to defend allegation leveled against him.Gosh
HE IS NOT A FIGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Obama Still Has The Ascendancy Over Hillary! by bababuff(m): 12:04pm On Mar 06, 2008
Do you people think America is ready for a black (Coloured) president? The answer is NO.
If Obama wins the Democratic nomination, then McCain becomes the president. The Republicans are waiting to play the race card.
Re: Obama Still Has The Ascendancy Over Hillary! by Pepeye(f): 12:56pm On Mar 06, 2008
bababuff:

Do you people think America is ready for a black (Coloured) president? The answer is NO.

The answer to that question remains NO , i doubt if the Whitehouse is ready to accommodate a coloured president in it
Re: Obama Still Has The Ascendancy Over Hillary! by warid(f): 1:08pm On Mar 06, 2008
am so confident that obama will make history,
he may be knocked down but his not bitten,is
not over untill is over.in texas materials were not
provided for obama voters,obama will certainly have
the last laugh
Re: Obama Still Has The Ascendancy Over Hillary! by fatherab1: 1:42pm On Mar 06, 2008
The seat of US government is not called White House because a white person must be president. Everything remains unchanged until somebody is stubborn enough (like obama) to change it. Nigerians mostly fail because they fail in their minds. That's why we being the richest black nation and one of the richest on earth still remain in abject poverty. Examples:

bababuff:

If Obama wins the Democratic nomination, then McCain becomes the president. The Republicans are waiting to play the race card.

Pepeye:

The answer to that question remains NO , i doubt if the Whitehouse is ready to accommodate a coloured president in it

Those small-minded people who doubt can never amount to anything in life unless they change that mentality. Do you wonder why Doubting Thomas was insignificant in the bible?
Re: Obama Still Has The Ascendancy Over Hillary! by BigB11(m): 3:21pm On Mar 06, 2008
another problem with obama is his inabiity to defend allegation leveled against him.Gosh
HE IS NOT A FIGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Hollandis:

Yes, Obama is a fighter.
The only problem he's currently having is the fact that his slogan states "time for change" "unity for all" (The messages his slogan is indirectly sending are: say no to the old dirty politics, yes we can do it together, say yes to peace etc.)

He can not be running around with this type of slogan and also at the same time start hitting Hillary below the belt. This action will definitely contradict his strategy/ style and will also send a wrong message.

Also keep in Mind that White Americans will follow you (as a blackman), but if you start beating up a white woman, they will turn against you. Hence, any excessive aggressiveness coming from Obama at this point could definitely turn things around negatively for him (you guys remember OJ?).
White folks do not play that nonsense.

Therefore, Obama must be very careful and be more systematic fighting back. Trust me, he doesn't want to hit back too hard. It will backfire!

Personally, I honestly think he (obama) should remain focused by sticking with the same intellectual style of politics he's been using and allow Hillary to bury herself at the right time.

FYI: Trust me, Hillary is praying for Obama to be more aggressive towards her; she knows that once this happens, the crown automatically belongs to her.
You've got to be very smart to deal with the Clintons (they are bunch of dirty deadly white rats).
Re: Obama Still Has The Ascendancy Over Hillary! by hollandis(f): 4:29pm On Mar 06, 2008
Big B1:

@Hollandis:

Yes, Obama is a fighter.
The only problem he's currently having is the fact that his slogan states "time for change" "unity for all" (The messages his slogan is indirectly sending are: say no to the old dirty politics, yes we can do it together, say yes to peace etc.)
You've got to be very smart to deal with the Clintons (they are bunch of dirty deadly white rats).

If he is a fighter ,why couldn't he defend the NAFTA and Rezky flaws levelled against him.Americans are silently waiting for him to call a press conference.He is just there .what sort of unity is that? undecided
Re: Obama Still Has The Ascendancy Over Hillary! by McKren(m): 12:10am On Mar 07, 2008
BigB1

Some of the arguments some pundits have made is that the three contenders have not managed people or any organisation before apart from their campaign. So their ability to lead can be measured on how they lead their campaign.

Obama has played Mr. Nice Guy enough. He can not claim not to hesitate to strike anyone who hurts his country yet he is hesitating to attack Hillary who has been attacking his campaign.

Democrats or no Democrats, the Clintons have been distorting facts all through the campaign. When Obama pointed out that the media has been debunking their distortions the Clintons simply went against the media accusing them of not vetting Obama.

The truth of the matter is if Obama has anything to hide it would have been in the public domain today.

So Obama must go on the offensive and hold the Clintons to their own record, the idea that Obama should be held to a higher standard to the Clintons is simply unacceptable.

see the quote below
I am allowed to make up things about my opponent but he is not allowed to ask any questions of me

My experience being near people counts while his experience working for people does not

My narrow victories count while his landslides don't

my voters count while his don't

He should be demonized for having a neighbour who is on trial for fraud but I do not have to answer questions about my partners up-coming fraud case in the court

It simply does not work like that!!!!!
There is nothing negative asking the Clintons to defend their records. Being qualified to be President includes staying above board in those things which disqualify one from being President.
Re: Obama Still Has The Ascendancy Over Hillary! by BigB11(m): 1:23am On Mar 07, 2008
@McKren:

I see your point; Obama must remain strong and show all that he can withstand the negative pressure coming from his opponent. He must fight back, but he must also be very prudent doing it.
Hillary has been craving for this (Obama fighting back) for many months; but if Obama could point out the defectiveness of the Clintons calmly and professionally, I think he has a better chance.

The Clintons have so much shady businesses and I think it is now the time to reveal their dark side.
Re: Obama Still Has The Ascendancy Over Hillary! by BigB11(m): 1:26am On Mar 07, 2008
I can not believe that I could despise the Clintons this much!
Re: Obama Still Has The Ascendancy Over Hillary! by McKren(m): 1:35am On Mar 07, 2008
Hillary will never be President

Rupert Murdoch has a truck load of scandals he is waiting to unleash about Hillary if she becomes the nominee
Re: Obama Still Has The Ascendancy Over Hillary! by ogemo(f): 8:10pm On Mar 07, 2008
Yes Hillary won texas and ohio, but she didnt win so much delegates, she had only 3 more than obama, the world is watching, and there is no room for her dirty acts, we are tired of old politics, i see obama making history despite what all may think, i know it is time for change, except if she enforces those Michigan and florida delegates she stands no chance against him smiley
Re: Obama Still Has The Ascendancy Over Hillary! by BigB11(m): 8:17pm On Mar 07, 2008
The Florida and Michigan delegates must not count.
Re: Obama Still Has The Ascendancy Over Hillary! by McKren(m): 8:49pm On Mar 07, 2008
The truth is that those that matter don't want it to count. Howard Dean don't want Florida and Michigan to count, he is only bidding his time and making it look like he is being fair to all parties.

And thanks Goodness Hillary says she does not want a re-vote in Florida. That will simply be a recipe to stripping both Michigan and Florida of their delegates and sticking to the original rules.

(1) (Reply)

Should Water Be Privatised? / Do You Think Nigeria Can Experience Uninterrupted Power Supply? / Us Declared War On Iran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.