Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism (17533 Views)

Muoka's Accuser Juliet Ezeonye-Idu In Prison In Prison Now / Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness / A Good Film For Evangelism,pls Recommend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by free13: 4:04pm On Jan 29, 2013
gentlegg: If you like call me names, sorry i can't help it but say the raw truth; Islam is one of the greatest misfortune in this world. If am Obama, I will eradicate this 'peaceful' religion from this planet or send them to planet Mars.

grin grin grin grin
The Bokoharam United of NL will say this evil lslam is a peaceful religion.
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 29, 2013
LagosShia:

Madam,breaking a law while the person is well aware of the law is have nothing to do with your freedom to believe or disbelieve.freedom to believe or disbelieve is a god given gift entrenched in the mind.faith is in the heart naturally.so if I as a muslim decide to start worshipping a stone,and call it my god,then that belief is in me.in a similar sense,if you're born christian,I have no right as muslim to persecute or oppress you based on your religious identity.islam says so: "let those who will believe and let those who will disbelieve".this is religion.

However prohibiting preaching or christian missionary bribery and enticements is a political decision.this isn't the first time americans have been caught in iran for an illegal act.last,it was the american hikers who entered iran illegally and said they are "tourists";while they were viewed as CIA spies.why can't america just leave iran alone? Is that hard to do?
bros, that policy is a religious one. Why is it norma to preach islam to others and crimianl to preach christainity to your nabour?

1 Like

Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by sweetcheecks(f): 4:07pm On Jan 29, 2013
THANK YOU JESUS, THIS TOPIC IN NOT UNDERS THE ISLAM SECTION BY NOW ALL OF US WOULD HAVE BEEN BANNED AND OUR THRWEADS HIDDEN. EVEN THE FOLLOWERS ARE RUTHLESS. MCTHEEEEEEEEWWWWWW!

2 Likes

Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by Desoda: 4:13pm On Jan 29, 2013
The religion of peace that tears people to pieces don show again. Why is it that each time i try to relax with a bottle of bear while browsing, any news of islam always happen to spoil my fun. Abeg seun create an islamophobia room and broadcast islamic news there. Islam is spoiling my fun online pls

3 Likes

Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by ParisLove1: 4:13pm On Jan 29, 2013
LagosShia:

Madam,breaking a law while the person is well aware of the law is have nothing to do with your freedom to believe or disbelieve.freedom to believe or disbelieve is a god given gift entrenched in the mind.faith is in the heart naturally.so if I as a muslim decide to start worshipping a stone,and call it my god,then that belief is in me.in a similar sense,if you're born christian,I have no right as muslim to persecute or oppress you based on your religious identity.islam says so: "let those who will believe and let those who will disbelieve".this is religion.

However prohibiting preaching or christian missionary bribery and enticements is a political decision.this isn't the first time americans have been caught in iran for an illegal act.last,it was the american hikers who entered iran illegally and said they are "tourists";while they were viewed as CIA spies.why can't america just leave iran alone? Is that hard to do?
Ok so preaching of another religion is a crime in islam? Where is the freedom of religion if you can't share it with others? Or is the islamic definition of 'freedom' different from the one we know? Because the pastor wasn't convicted for spying was he?

3 Likes

Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by erabe(m): 4:22pm On Jan 29, 2013
saintvc: islam is the problem in the world
"Islam is the solution for the world"

2 Likes

Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by ParisLove1: 4:22pm On Jan 29, 2013
maclatunji:

But I did not read that he was charged for being a Christian. He was charged for preaching- this guy knew the rules before breaking them. You do the crime, you do the time. Polygamy is illegal in America, that limits the religious freedom of some Muslims living there.

Oya, start comparing and contrasting.

Warning: No fighting or insults.

Thank you and have a nice day.
America is a secular country. The prohibition of polygamy is for everybody not only muslims alone. There are other religious sects in America that practice polygamy too. So what you're saying is that In islam is a crime to preach Christianity to muslims but ok for muslims to do their dawah hmm?
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by blackmale1: 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
Mee234:
because of fear of losing followers and insecurity. Those islam guys feel so insecure
True talk my broda
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by sweetcheecks(f): 4:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
Paris_Love:
Ok so preaching of another religion is a crime in islam? Where is the freedom of religion if you can't share it with others? Or is the islamic definition of 'freedom' different from the one we know? Because the pastor wasn't convicted for spying was he?

Really? Preaching is breaking the law? Now we can see who the real anti-Christ is, not need tp seek any longer.

Please all Christians just mention this Pastor in your prayers, let history repeat itself. Our God does not forget.

1 Like

Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by RevOfiaeli: 4:32pm On Jan 29, 2013
The world is filled with wheat and tares. The fidel and the infidel. The saints and the sinners.
The problem in Mali today is the Muslims. The problem in Naija today is the Moslems. The problem in the world today is the sons of Ishmail. God will save the riteous.

3 Likes

Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by sholasys: 4:35pm On Jan 29, 2013
maclatunji:

But I did not read that he was charged for being a Christian. He was charged for preaching- this guy knew the rules before breaking them. You do the crime, you do the time. Polygamy is illegal in America, that limits the religious freedom of some Muslims living there.

Oya, start comparing and contrasting.

Warning: No fighting or insults.

Thank you and have a nice day.
My man, there are many countless Muslim in USA with 2 wives living together. There are imams and mosques and they were not restricted. As long as they leave happily its not a case. Do ur research stop been ideologist.

1 Like

Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 29, 2013
Joagbaje:

It's not a bad news . He will commit more crime there legally by evangelizing the prisoners
Halleluyah, God will do it
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by aryzgreat: 4:39pm On Jan 29, 2013
maclatunji:

Really? America is afraid of Muslims... tell me the story.

The truth is that CNN understands that "Freedom of Expression" is not absolute and has its limitations. Some Nairalanders will be in jail by now with the kind of hate speech against Islam they post here everyday if Nairaland was owned by a United States/ United Kingdom based individual. It is a big disgrace that this platform has been allowed to reach such dismal levels.

My friend shut up! the same west u ppl always accuse in ur conspiracy jagon still remains impartial in religious matters unlike wot is obtainable in most arab and islam controlled countries. Y cant u ppl allow xtians to be? Even in Vatican, they allowed mosque to be built and tolerate the noise they make when calling for paryer, yet common house to house fellowship is prohibited in Saudi arabia and suprisingly Iran. Wot kind of tolerance is islam preaching? Religion of piss indeed! mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

2 Likes

Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by sylve11: 4:40pm On Jan 29, 2013
I urge all pastors to travel to Islamic countries to preach the gospel (christianity is all about winning souls for Christ), not telling us what we all know in a country where more than 65% of them are christians but too lazy to read the bible. cool
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by philipstanley(m): 4:40pm On Jan 29, 2013
Religion of piss my foot
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by maclatunji: 4:40pm On Jan 29, 2013
Paris_Love: America is a secular country. The prohibition of polygamy is for everybody not only muslims alone. There are other religious sects in America that practice polygamy too. So what you're saying is that In islam is a crime to preach Christianity to muslims but ok for muslims to do their dawah hmm?

Rolls eyes at comment. Once she says the magic word 'secular', all rational thought must stop. #LOL

In an Islamic State, the answer to your question is Yes.

Let me guess, it seems there is no equality there. Well, the world is not built on equality (that is a western backed fallacy which they don't practise with others), it is built on equity which is the superior ideal.

Who determines what is equitable? The creator himself. See the flow... you really need to open your mind more and not consume western ideology 100%.
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by maclatunji: 4:41pm On Jan 29, 2013
sholasys: My man, there are many countless Muslim in USA with 2 wives living together. There are imams and mosques and they were not restricted. As long as they leave happily its not a case. Do ur research stop been ideologist.

Legally marry 2 wives and see what will happen to you in the U.S.
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by barbiegirl4luv(f): 4:43pm On Jan 29, 2013
Islam iz not one of d worst buh d 'worst fin dah eva appened 2 dis world'. Dey blindfold ppl from d truth n I keep wonderin y dis ppl cnt jst reason one day n realise dey r being used.
Dey knw dey r 100% wrong datz y dey count xtianz as a threat 2 der stupid belief. I jst pray dey get bk 2 der senses b4 itz too late
Morover I dnt knw som ppl cnt read well, dey sed d guy went 2 develop an orphanage not evangelise.
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by maclatunji: 4:43pm On Jan 29, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Really? Preaching is breaking the law? Now we can see who the real anti-Christ is, not need tp seek any longer.

Please all Christians just mention this Pastor in your prayers, let history repeat itself. Our God does not forget.

Sorry my dear, Christ is ours not yours.

#Hahaha
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by kingcobra1(m): 4:44pm On Jan 29, 2013
D northern Muslims up till today r still seeing d southern Muslims as slaves....d southern Muslims dnt really know watsup with Islam...I'm a Christian bt I av a full English version of Koran.....my guy reading dat book Is scary....one needs wisdom to read n understand if not u take up arms

2 Likes

Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by vitality22(m): 4:46pm On Jan 29, 2013
saintvc: islam is the problem in the world
God will bless you and your generations yet unborn.
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by tintingz(m): 4:46pm On Jan 29, 2013
the pastor get two head na cheesy

He knows the LAW in that land and yet he went ahead establishing a house that will gather more people to convert to christianity through his bribery plan grin
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by LagosShia: 4:46pm On Jan 29, 2013
babyosisi: the west will put pressure on them and the man will be released soon
Bunch of blood sucking demons that won't let people be
Someone went to break iranian law,and you still accuse the iranians of "not letting people be".ridiculous!

As for your western pressure,it is time the world realizes that iran is an independent and sovereign islamic state that abhors external influence and interference in its affairs.there is no western puppet ruling iran at the moment and that won't change anytime soon.the nuclear dispute should have taught the west that pressure doesn't work on iran nor intimidation,when it has to do with iranian rights.iran doesn't accept it right to be treated as privileges by the west.

Most if not all of these evangelical preachers who knowingly break the law,are in iran to bribe youths and convert them.this has been exposed.they think by converting the iranians they can get rid of the islamic state.fortunately,financial reward isn't enough to wipe islam from the heart of an iranian believer even when lured by the missionary wolf.
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by follygab: 4:46pm On Jan 29, 2013
GOD HELPS HIM
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by sweetcheecks(f): 4:48pm On Jan 29, 2013
ƐƦƖ~~ΑβƊξƖ:

"Islam is the solution for the world"

CLEARLY, NOT! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by Areaboy2(m): 4:49pm On Jan 29, 2013
Funjay:

You obviously didnt read the report well and u have not been following the story.

This guys is Iranian American. Born and bred in Iran but converted to Islam later in his life. Met an American citizen who was on a working visit to Iran, they fell in love and he married her. He became an American citizen by marriage but still visits his family regularly in Iran. Whenever he visits Iran, he does not hide his faith involving regularly in evangelism and charity works, it should be noted that the house fellowship/eveangelism he was involved in then was not a threat until receddntly.
He was arrested the last time he was in Iran and has been detained since and his wife threatened not to come to visit him in Iran or risk been arrested.

There you go!

Need I say more?
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by sweetcheecks(f): 4:50pm On Jan 29, 2013
LagosShia:
Someone went to break iranian law,and you still accuse the iranians of "not letting people be".ridiculous!

As for your western pressure,it is time the world realizes that iran is an independent and sovereign islamic state that abhors external influence and interference in its affairs.there is no western puppet ruling iran at the moment and that won't change anytime soon.the nuclear dispute should have taught the west that pressure doesn't work on iran nor intimidation,when it has to do with iranian rights.iran doesn't accept it right to be treated as privileges by the west.

Most if not all of these evangelical preachers who knowingly break the law,are in iran to bribe youths and convert them.this has been exposed.they think by converting the iranians they can get rid of the islamic state.fortunately,financial reward isn't enough to wipe islam from the heart of an iranian believer even when lured by the missionary wolf.

Why do you repeat yourself, time and time again? You sound like broken cassette, joor. embarassed
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by sweetcheecks(f): 4:54pm On Jan 29, 2013
maclatunji:

#Hahaha

Yours? You are really on a islamic stupor drug. Your Christ Mo'
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by sweetcheecks(f): 4:55pm On Jan 29, 2013
maclatunji:

#Hahaha

Yours? You are really on a islamic stupor drug. Your Christ is Mo'

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him / Santeria: A Religion From Yoruba Practiced In North Caribbean, USA, Mexico / Spiritual Implications Of The Clamour For A Buhari Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.