Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,358 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism (17504 Views)

Muoka's Accuser Juliet Ezeonye-Idu In Prison In Prison Now / Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness / A Good Film For Evangelism,pls Recommend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by Areaboy2(m): 4:55pm On Jan 29, 2013
Suljosh:
your username can tell who u are, Religion of peace InDeEd.

You read one and skip the other. Typical Christian undecided.

Read my signature bro. Religion as a whole is dumb and perpetrated by a select few to control the masses. If you cant see this, there's nothing more for me to say

HOWEVER, I say wrong where I see it and this guy is completely wrong to evangelize in Iran. He was born and bred there like the story suggests, if anyone should know the law very well its him. So I really don't see the point of this propaganda cry now. The same people crying for him are the same people that may support an American attack towards Iran (Ignoring what will happen to little children and the innocent)

Lets be honest with ourselves for once and drop the "god sent me" cloak. Please undecided
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by aryzgreat: 4:55pm On Jan 29, 2013
maclatunji:

Legally marry 2 wives and see what will happen to you in the U.S.

Wot is ur point? If USA is not secular but xtian, why is USA and ROme having issues with Abortion bill and Gay marriage? Does xtianity support gay marriage? but its legal in USA likewise abortion. U do selective picking of law u think is against islam wot about those that are against xtians? U ppl and ur pointless accusation of west, meanwhile d topic is about An iranian citizen being persecuted bc he converted to xtianity and married an American wife, he came to Iran to help build an orphanage, and to punish him for daring to conert to xtianity, he is labbelled to be evangelising through house fellowship. Let me ask u, praying to my God through house felowship or evangelism is bad? Is believing not by conviction? Gosh! U ppl really suck!

1 Like

Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by maclatunji: 5:01pm On Jan 29, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Yours? You are really on a islamic stupor drug. Your Christ is Mo'

You need to go and get yourself a copy of the Qur'an. Read my dear! Read!!

It is closing time, I have to go. It has been fun playing the 'Super Villian' here (I am the good guy O),

Thank you my fans... *waves as he exits thread*

tonguetonguetonguecheesy:-Dtongue

1 Like

Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by aryzgreat: 5:02pm On Jan 29, 2013
maclatunji:

It is closing time, I have to go. It has been fun playing the 'Super Villian' here (I am the good guy O),

mumu!

3 Likes

Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by informatix: 5:03pm On Jan 29, 2013
he was running unregistered Church at home. Running unregistered Church or Mosque is US. Or Iran is a crime. Try running an unregistered prayer house in US. You will be Arrested. This is only strange in Nigeria coz. We dont regulate our Religious Practices. Hope this inject some sense into ur. Heads.
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by sholasys: 5:04pm On Jan 29, 2013
maclatunji:

Legally marry 2 wives and see what will happen to you in the U.S.
Na waaa for u ooo !!! DO you belief in Legal/Law ? I thought you are a muslim (sharia law) right ? Do you legally married as a muslim or in sharia, just asking pls. BC if you talk about "legally" then should i say is it "legally" to ban Christians preaching in Iran? or "sharially" Islam = Ideology

'
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by LagosShia: 5:05pm On Jan 29, 2013
Mee234:
bros, that policy is a religious one. Why is it norma to preach islam to others and crimianl to preach christainity to your nabour?

In some countries populated by christians,there are christian sects banned from preaching.up to this day (after the fall of communism) jehovah's witnesses is an outlawed group in russia among other "christian countries".if western countries that are officially and legall secular countries ban preaching then muslims there as others would have to obey the law.minarets are banned in switzerland for instance.its not by force to preach.only christian fanatics play all these pranks.mostly the poor and uneducated muslims are target of the missionary campaign.if a christian comes to preach and finds out I'm an educated and well informed muslim,he immediately leaves.he sees his time and preaching and bribe as investment to "catch fish".he wants those he's sure of catching and deceiving especially on bribery and reward.the iranian government have the responsibility to protect its citizens from such deceit.the iranian government also opposes preaching of any other belief because the system is based on islamic principles.it would be a contradiction for instance to have a democratic system,and some people promoting communism.that's where the politics and the issue of regime change (america's wet dream in iran) comes to play.

The western countries don't consider themselves as "christian countries" in the legal or constitutional sense.that is why all religions are treated on a level field.yet still muslims face discrimination.the west views its values as above islam and christianity.when the pope wanted a clause mentioning europe's "christian heritage" in the european constitution,europeans refused.
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 29, 2013
The man will be released soon
Mark my words
Those clowns will not keep him for long
They know who the superior authority is but it doesn't stop them from trying.
America has saved tons of Muslims from being stoned to death let alone a Christian pastor
The publicity will help save him
These maggots operate in secrecy but once the news is out they curl up like millipedes

Tomorrow you will hear the noisemakers here tell us about the freedom in Islam
When the place is bondage

2 Likes

Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by begwong: 5:16pm On Jan 29, 2013
Nawaooo! Islam una sef get as e be fa.
How do you expect respect for this act now
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by Datsme: 5:17pm On Jan 29, 2013
If America say no black man should visit her country, I believe no one will dare dat.
Very soon you guys wont see any wrong in going to mosque for preaching the Gospel.
#lesson-respect the belief and culture of others
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by Paschal007: 5:19pm On Jan 29, 2013
Bakare19: I read this stuff on cnn blog yesterday,did'nt see any comments pointing to Islam...Seriously,the line of reasoning of people here is shallow
Link?
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 29, 2013
begwong: Nawaooo! Islam una sef get as e be fa.
How do you expect respect for this act now

This is why the religion can never convince anyone that it is peaceful
All you hear about it is doom and gloom and plenty of destruction plus death
They leave a trail of terror in whatever path they go
What is wrong with a man sharing his faith with others?
There is no religion on earth as intolerant as Islam
Amadioha and shango worshippers are a million times more humane

2 Likes

Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by sholasys: 5:22pm On Jan 29, 2013
LagosShia:

In some countries populated by christians,there are christian sects banned from preaching.up to this day (after the fall of communism) jehovah's witnesses is an outlawed group in russia among other "christian countries".if western countries that are officially and legall secular countries ban preaching then muslims there as others would have to obey the law.minarets are banned in switzerland for instance.its not by force to preach.only christian fanatics play all these pranks.mostly the poor and uneducated muslims are target of the missionary campaign.if a christian comes to preach and finds out I'm an educated and well informed muslim,he immediately leaves.he sees his time and preaching and bribe as investment to "catch fish".he wants those he's sure of catching and deceiving especially on bribery and reward.the iranian government have the responsibility to protect its citizens from such deceit.the iranian government also opposes preaching of any other belief because the system is based on islamic principles.it would be a contradiction for instance to have a democratic system,and some people promoting communism.that's where the politics and the issue of regime change (america's wet dream in iran) comes to play.

The western countries don't consider themselves as "christian countries" in the legal or constitutional sense.that is why all religions are treated on a level field.yet still muslims face discrimination.the west views its values as above islam and christianity.when the pope wanted a clause mentioning europe's "christian heritage" in the european constitution,europeans refused.
If a certain group are ban does not mean preaching is banned ok. In all the countries you mentioned preaching is not restricted at all, pls find out. There are thousand Iran/Arabs who ordinarily wants to be a Christian(atleast their fun.d right) but bc of the sharia law and fear of death they are hindered. You take reaching out to people as bribe/reward, very funy. Missionary is not only about preaching the gospel alone is about touching the life of people, meet their needs, cloth them and they will listen to you.
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by sweetcheecks(f): 5:30pm On Jan 29, 2013
maclatunji:

Thats matured for an islam person. Big ups broer. Hope the real truth reveals Himself. It is closing time, there we are in agreement. Evening Mac.
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by advocate666: 5:31pm On Jan 29, 2013
aryzgreat: ISLAM again? SMH! These people are really satanic! Is there no freedom of worship again? O'God y did u allow muhamed to bring problem to the world? Am really hurt now. Wish i have nukes at my disposal! angry angry angry

Please stop insulting Satan.

2 Likes

Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by advocate666: 5:33pm On Jan 29, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Thats matured for an islam person. Big ups broer. Hope the real truth reveals Himself. It is closing time, there we are in agreement. Evening Mac.

Matured muslim? I guess you know nothing of the Ayotallah of Nairaland, McLatunji the first. The Banner, General Lord and Overseer of Islam for Muslim section.

1 Like

Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by ParisLove1: 5:36pm On Jan 29, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Really? Preaching is breaking the law? Now we can see who the real anti-Christ is, not need tp seek any longer.

Please all Christians just mention this Pastor in your prayers, let history repeat itself. Our God does not forget.
Yes oh that's what i just learnt today. Preaching Christianity is a punishable crime in islam. The religion of peace cheesy
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by Eisenhower(m): 5:36pm On Jan 29, 2013
sometimes i wonder if the religion of peace are heralded by peaceful protagonist or self acclaim religious terrorist...this is pathetic for a country so enmesh in fighting against other religious believe but cry foul of her own religion being persecuted in Burma etc...this just shows that if not all Muslims but some of their leaders in the Arabian region and other regions are nothing but pathetic liars and intolerant bigot. no wonder Isreal is keen on wiping them. angry angry angry angry
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 29, 2013
am sorry bro. u be pastor naa, imitatae Paul and Silas, sing and pray. make Holy Spirit come bomb blast u free from those shackles
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by ParisLove1: 5:45pm On Jan 29, 2013
maclatunji:

Rolls eyes at comment. Once she says the magic word 'secular', all rational thought must stop. #LOL

In an Islamic State, the answer to your question is Yes.

Let me guess, it seems there is no equality there. Well, the world is not built on equality (that is a western backed fallacy which they don't practise with others), it is built on equity which is the superior ideal.

Who determines what is equitable? The creator himself. See the flow... you really need to open your mind more and not consume western ideology 100%.
thanks for letting me know practicing christianity is a crime in islam. That's pretty much all i wanna know. We can't seem to get enough of islamic tolerance.

That rolling of eye thing you really do it? Lol

1 Like

Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by dohiswill: 5:56pm On Jan 29, 2013
saintvc: islam is the problem in the world
the content of islam is even against normal human moral thinking (law of conscience), if your religion failied ordinary common sense law how will it pass God's supreme law of unconditional Love and Peace?

The greatest goodness a muslim can ever recieve in his/her life is to be delivered from islam the religion that is against the everlasting God of Peace and Love
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by COOLDUN: 6:10pm On Jan 29, 2013
Islam is not a religion first of all, before we could determine if it is peaceful or not, religion is not the problem here, the issue is that this man converted from islam to Christianity, left his country to his new residential and naturalized country the USA, now is termed as a traitor and seen as a security risk to the country as his new nation is the number one enemy of his former country Iran. He has been followed and monitored any time he comes to his former country, but recently he was arrested detained but there was no evidence to prosecute him, in an act of shame and pride he was accused of luring and converting the Iranian muslims to Christianity. Now let us assume that he lured the muslims into becoming Christians, what do we call the American Christians that married/converted to Islam eg: Janet Jackson? His humanitarian work in his native country has been turned to a luring and exploitations just to find a case to punish him.

There is no point wasting time with the few muslims on nairaland who are very ready to agree that their grand fathers were women, as long as it will make them to defend any news from their islam. Someone said that the Americans are buying the Iranians converts with money and gifts to become Christians, for which benefit? What will the Americans/Christians gain from converting the Iranians/other musilms to Christianity? No matter how they over exaggerate the population of the muslims, it can never meet up the population of the Christians. God almighty do not care about the population of any religion but the righteous. Many are called but few are chosen. My bible made me to know that God is capable of raising the stones and leaves in the forest to be people to serve and worship him, if we human beings cannot serve/worship him. So crowding the church or any worshiping places does never move God, but the sincere hearts that worship him thorough heart, faith and love.

There is always great joy in heaven, whenever a soul is won by repentance and not when a soul is converted to any religion or cult.

Islam is never a tolerant institution; I have many reasons to argue islam as not a religion, following what is happening by its members in the whole world nowadays.

Iran authority has not yet said the truth of why they are prosecuting this young man. He is being hated and prosecuted because of his new religion and country.

4 Likes

Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by TeaParty: 6:11pm On Jan 29, 2013
"The true Islamic concept of peace goes something like this:'Peace comes through submission to Muhammad and his concept of Allah'(i.e. Islam). As such the Islamic concept of peace, meaning making the whole world Muslim, is actually a mandate for war. It was inevitable and unavoidable that the conflict would eventually reach our borders, and so it has."

1 Like

Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by Dejideta: 6:25pm On Jan 29, 2013
I am so jealous of this great man of God, how I wish I am in his shoes.
O Lord please help me to fulfil this great commission anyhow.
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by TeaParty: 6:26pm On Jan 29, 2013
"Islam was not a torch, as has been claimed, but an extinguisher. Conceived in a barbarous brain for the use of a barbarous people, it was - and it remains - incapable of adapting itself to civilization. Wherever it has dominated, it has broken the impulse towards progress and checked the evolution of society."
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by digospel2: 6:42pm On Jan 29, 2013
The LORD of host will arise and fight for His Pastor. The Gospel must be preached to all nations for a witness before Jesus return to judge those that denied His lordship
Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by Femonjay(m): 6:44pm On Jan 29, 2013
Hi all,
Please let us all join our faith with this man and his immediate family

by saying a word of prayer here for God's intervention instead of exchanging words and blaming each other.

(1) God, please intervene and set him free, you have done it before, please perform the miracle again in Jesus name we pray.

1 Like

Re: Iran Sentences Pastor To Eight Years In Prison For Evangelism by mu2sa2: 6:49pm On Jan 29, 2013
kudos to Iran for handling the case of this CIA spy with resolute decisiveness. The man was trying to use christianity as a guise to undermine the Ialamic Republic but God exposed him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him / My 2 Year Old Daughter Got Raped While My Dad Was Home. -HARDMIRROR / I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.