Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? (9681 Views)

Guy proposes to his woman in a Lagos church with slides and poem (photos) / Guy Proposes To His Woman With The Help Of Patoranking, Davido And Phyno(photo) / Election Couple: See The Man That Proposed To His Woman At A Polling Unit Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by slej(f): 12:18pm On May 01, 2006
Why after with a woman for years, a man walks out of the relationship. embarassed
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by babymine(f): 1:06pm On May 01, 2006
Probably cos he doesn't love her anymore. sad sad
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by thelma2(f): 1:29pm On May 01, 2006
she's probably not what he wants afterall. only that I don't why he has to wait that long.
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by babymine(f): 1:39pm On May 01, 2006
I wonder why some men can't treat their women right.

What took him so long to leave?
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by xkape(m): 2:43pm On May 01, 2006
he has probably felt it wasnt really going anywhere from the beginning but he was trying to be practical and logical. so he tries to make it work in his own silent way. as time goes on he sees more and more that it is a mistake. by this time the girl is totally hooked on the relationship and she thinks all is well. so when he finally decides all his lost, he silently picks up his bags and walks away. the girl is in shock cos its all so "sudden"

but its not really sudden, there have been signs all along.
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by babymine(f): 4:05pm On May 01, 2006
@ xcape

R u talking out of experience? grin grin grin
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by Nobody: 4:39pm On May 01, 2006
xcape's analysis is spot on correct.
Most girls fail to read the signs that all is not well (is this a problem of perception?) so they cling unto the relationship making it so hard for the guy to just walk out. So the guy holds on, thinking maybe things will get better until he finds out it will not. most often he's met another girl who has many of the qualities he thinks are lacking in his present girl and he's wondering what he's still doing holding on.

From experience, it can be traumatic to the guy too breaking up with someone he's known for a long time. but somethings just have to be done no matter how painful the might seem.

Girls are highly emotional creatures, they fail to realistically approach issues of romance, they have this romantic notion in their heads and forget there are real issues like money, kids, jobs, lifestyles, atitude, involved in making a relationship work.
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by Priscila(f): 5:36pm On May 01, 2006
Men will die for women before they bed them and after a woman givbes in for long then he want a new adventure
Ladies! dont give away that gold to unworthy men! Mostly thats what they look for
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by Seun(m): 9:24pm On May 01, 2006
If a relationship isn't going well, break it so someone else can find you.
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by hotangel2(f): 10:54pm On May 01, 2006
so many reasons my dear. so many.
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by slej(f): 3:04pm On May 02, 2006
what if after breaking up he finds out that the other girl he went for was not and can never be like the other and he later comes begging what should she do. already she now see someelse, but the begging from the ex is making her old feeling to come back. what should she do. lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 02, 2006
slej:

what if after breaking up he finds out that the other girl he went for was not and can never be like the other and he later comes begging what should she do. already she now see someelse, but the begging from the ex is making her old feeling to come back. what should she do. lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry

It's a hard sell. Speaking from experience, sure there are times u have the feeling that maybe you made a mistake leaving the former girl but i never ever contemplate going back. If the other girl he went or did not have what he was looking for, simply leave her and wait until another comes his way. i would not advise the former girl to take the ex back, it will be a matter of time before he finds another person and runs away again. highly unlikely that a guy who dumped you earlier would come back and stay put, he might just be using the girl as a stop gap before he eventually finds what he wants and its back to excuses again.
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by slej(f): 3:25pm On May 02, 2006
not speaking from experince but i read literature in thye university and i like fictional writing. do not blame me but i love fiction and hearing people's views on my writing.
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:12am On Jul 17, 2006
he's Sick and tired Of alwayz having to f*k the Same pu**y LOL!
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by Busta(f): 2:31am On Jul 17, 2006
at some point he realised that they were not meant to be or were not right for each undecided

excuse used by most guys.
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by osegwu(m): 3:25pm On Oct 29, 2006
When person don chop belleful
him no go leave food? Abi you want
may guy die of over feeding?
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by MP007(m): 11:39am On Jul 29, 2007
no sparkle , u gotta have that sparkle, the fire gotta keep burning
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by MsLurker(f): 4:12pm On Mar 20, 2008
davidylan:

xcape's analysis is spot on correct.
Most girls fail to read the signs that all is not well (is this a problem of perception?) so they cling unto the relationship making it so hard for the guy to just walk out. So the guy holds on, thinking maybe things will get better until he finds out it will not. most often he's met another girl who has many of the qualities he thinks are lacking in his present girl and he's wondering what he's still doing holding on.

From experience, it can be traumatic to the guy too breaking up with someone he's known for a long time. but somethings just have to be done no matter how painful the might seem.

Girls are highly emotional creatures, they fail to realistically approach issues of romance, they have this romantic notion in their heads and forget there are real issues like money, kids, jobs, lifestyles, atitude, involved in making a relationship work.

Old topic, I know.
I think guys want to fall on this "women are too much emotional" bandwagon.
The longer you wait, the more it hurts.
So why don't you just make your decision, stick to it because if you already know the end result, why prolong it?

I can get emotional, yes. But I'm also a straight shooter. I don't see the point of someone being with me when they don't want it because I wouldn't stay with someone I wasn't feeling.
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by babygirlfl: 7:29pm On Mar 20, 2008
what is the sign to look out for pls? some men do it without any sign anyway
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by tngtech(m): 7:41pm On Mar 20, 2008
to me i feel the man is not enjoying the relationship anymore, or probably the relationship is not yielding any progress so he thinks quitting will help matters.
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by hilz(m): 8:43pm On Mar 20, 2008
the thing is dat once the spark is out of any relationship, it gets boring and suffocating, guys n garls alike dont want boring but garls are more future focused while we guys want da now thing,

I want food (NOW) I want sex (NOW) I want com4t (NOW) I want a change (NOW)

garl, give him something 2 look foward 2 n your guy will become a mumu 4 U. every guy wants 2 belive he has something exciting and adventurous to luk 4wad 2. dont be too relationship concious or you'll scare and bore him, dont see romance as a part of the programme but let it carry meaning 4 U both & do more research on his likes, wants and needs while building yourself in2 a monument of pride for you (first), him (second) and da world.

every man admires and craves an achiever woman (we are just often 2 scared 2 admit this but its gospel truth)
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by ifyalways(f): 8:52pm On Mar 20, 2008
Seun:

If a relationship isn't going well, break it so someone else can find you.
lol.
some things are not just meant to be, . . .thats lyfe.if it aint working,painful and as sad as it might be,the best is to let go,move on and hope for the best.
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 20, 2008
@post
there's no more spice or fire in the relationship
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by PERVERT9: 9:49pm On Mar 20, 2008
if the man,s "thing" is not loooooooooooooong enough for the relationship,the man has no choice than to opt out and look for a short term relationship shoe get size
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by Gamine(f): 10:07pm On Mar 20, 2008
If you never want to see a man again, say, 'I love you, I want to marry you. I want to have children, ' - they leave skid marks.
-- Rita Rudner
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by babyjoy(f): 4:43pm On Aug 08, 2008
out of experience am really scared of men but i really need love,i want to have a man who will love me for who i am and not what i am
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by Moyola(f): 4:45pm On Aug 08, 2008
@ topic

because hez had enuff!! tongue
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by tope2000(f): 4:47pm On Aug 08, 2008
He has finished wit her since she has already given him the best years of her life. There is nothing left anymore.
Typical men
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by adexway(m): 4:58pm On Aug 08, 2008
What if the man entered the realationship with the wrong motive? The only thing that has been consistent or constant in life is changes. If the woman changes over time, the man get bored of being used to the same thing.
Not actually ideal. but it happens. Knowing the what you need in a realationship could also be very helpful. And differentiating between fantancy and reality is important. She might not be more than dreams, a wishful dream for that matter. Be head leveled getting into any realationship.  lipsrsealed
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by topup: 5:24pm On Aug 08, 2008
hilz:

the thing is that once the spark is out of any relationship, it gets boring and suffocating, guys n garls alike don't want boring but garls are more future focused while we guys want da now thing,

I want food (NOW) I want sex (NOW) I want com4t (NOW) I want a change (NOW)

garl, give him something 2 look foward 2 n your guy will become a mumu 4 You. every guy wants 2 believe he has something exciting and adventurous to luk 4wad 2. don't be too relationship concious or you'll scare and bore him, don't see romance as a part of the programme but let it carry meaning 4 You both & do more research on his likes, wants and needs while building yourself in2 a monument of pride for you (first), him (second) and da world.

every man admires and craves an achiever woman (we are just often 2 scared 2 admit this but its gospel truth)

I think that the above is a great summary for a short relationship, that wasn't expected to last but has. If anybody approaches a serious relationship, looking for 'da now thing' it probably isn't going to work. That's what happened to me.

You see, in a long relationship, the man has probably gotten used to you being a part of his life, that he keeps going on with it, and if he finds noone else at the time that he could see himself with, then you temporarily are the best he thinks he can get - 'til she turns up. Familiarity for some ties them to the relationship, instead of love. Another thing to consider is whether the relationship is only just routine, you're both so used to it that there's no fun in it. I personally think, that thinking about how long a couple have been going out, isn't helpful, because at times more emphasis is placed on the number of years rather than how strong/genuine the love you have between each other. Guys are more patient than we give them credit for, I think their minds work faster than we think, though men often say women are too quick as in 'we're thinking about marriage, 2 months into the relationship' but the thing is men are a lot more faster, they went through the wedding phase, when they were professing their everlasting love for you. But are now in the divorce stage, when the spark has gone, and because we're only still in the 'everything's going great phase' we fail to notice this. The more serious relationships a guy has, I think increases the time he can endure in relationships and increases his patience, that's if the girl ticks his boxes for a potential wife.
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by topup: 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2008
adexway:

What if the man entered the realationship with the wrong motive? The only thing that has been consistent or constant in life is changes. If the woman changes over time, the man get bored of being used to the same thing.
Not actually ideal. but it happens. Knowing the what you need in a realationship could also be very helpful. And differentiating between fantancy and reality is important. She might not be more than dreams, a wishful dream for that matter. Be head leveled getting into any realationship. lipsrsealed

Well said, though you said that 'if the woman changes over time, the man get bored of being used to the same thing' - if she's changing then it ain't the same thing.

Most people don't start to understand what they truly need in a relationship until they've been through quite a few, in the meantime, breaking hearts and having theirs broken. I have a very strong opinion though is that the idea which most young single guys have about 'sex being a necessity' disappears, as they realise that it's one of the worst things you can base a decisions for a successful relationship on, later in life, they start the search for something deeper, which is harder,

I pray God gives us all somebody to love who loves us. smiley
Re: Why Would A Man Leave His Woman After A Long Relationship? by proo212(m): 6:02pm On Aug 08, 2008
topup:

I think that the above is a great summary for a short relationship, that wasn't expected to last but has. If anybody approaches a serious relationship, looking for 'da now thing' it probably isn't going to work. That's what happened to me.

You see, in a long relationship, the man has probably gotten used to you being a part of his life, that he keeps going on with it, and if he finds noone else at the time that he could see himself with, then you temporarily are the best he thinks he can get - 'til she turns up. Familiarity for some ties them to the relationship, instead of love. Another thing to consider is whether the relationship is only just routine, you're both so used to it that there's no fun in it. I personally think, that thinking about how long a couple have been going out, isn't helpful, because at times more emphasis is placed on the number of years rather than how strong/genuine the love you have between each other. Guys are more patient than we give them credit for, I think their minds work faster than we think, though men often say women are too quick as in 'we're thinking about marriage, 2 months into the relationship' but the thing is men are a lot more faster, they went through the wedding phase, when they were professing their everlasting love for you. But are now in the divorce stage, when the spark has gone, and because we're only still in the 'everything's going great phase' we fail to notice this. The more serious relationships a guy has, I think increases the time he can endure in relationships and increases his patience, that's if the girl ticks his boxes for a potential wife.

Topup, this is one of the best posts I have read from you (given what you're going through). Both sexes stay because the other person is familiar. Both sexes also leave when they feel they have had enough. This is not a guy thing, like some of our sisters will have us believe. (he's got what he wants or given the best years of her life) It depends on who can exist endure the most. Some people are content to cheat, whilst some will leave. Some will exist and be happy with it because they are getting laid regularly and no one else will look at them twice. What I would fault is why did he stay that long??

What works for one couple will not work for the other couples. Some will say the grass is definitely not greener. It's not black or white

(1) (2) (Reply)

Share Your First Kiss Experience. How Was It Like? / How Many Guys Should A Girl Date Before Marriage / I Want To Relocate To Afghanistan Because Of Their Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.