Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,833 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Carnality Of The "Corinthians" Churches Pt II - Envying, Strife & Divisions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Carnality Of The "Corinthians" Churches Pt II - Envying, Strife & Divisions (1989 Views)

Shiloh 2013 Prayer Guidelines: Exceeding Grace: 2 Corinthians 9:14-15 / An Invitation To A Theological Discuss On One Corinthians Chapter Four / What Are The “tongues Of Angels” In 1 Corinthians 13:1? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Carnality Of The "Corinthians" Churches Pt II - Envying, Strife & Divisions by Goshen360(m): 11:48pm On Jan 28, 2013
New Living Translation (NLT)

Dear brothers and sisters, when I was with you I couldn’t talk to you as I would to spiritual people. I had to talk as though you belonged to this world or as though you were infants in the Christian life.

2 I had to feed you with milk, not with solid food, because you weren’t ready for anything stronger. And you still aren’t ready,

3 for you are still controlled by your sinful nature. You are jealous of one another and quarrel with each other. Doesn’t that prove you are controlled by your sinful nature? Aren’t you living like people of the world?

4 When one of you says, “I am a follower of Paul,” and another says, “I follow Apollos,” aren’t you acting just like people of the world?

5 After all, who is Apollos? Who is Paul? We are only God’s servants through whom you believed the Good News. Each of us did the work the Lord gave us.

6 I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow.

7 It’s not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What’s important is that God makes the seed grow.

8 The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose. And both will be rewarded for their own hard work.

9 For we are both God’s workers. And you are God’s field. You are God’s building.

10 Because of God’s grace to me, I have laid the foundation like an expert builder. Now others are building on it. But whoever is building on this foundation must be very careful.

11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one we already have—Jesus Christ.

21 So don’t boast about following a particular human leader. For everything belongs to you

22 whether Paul or Apollos or Peter, or the world, or life and death, or the present and the future. Everything belongs to you.

1 Corinthians 3:1-11; 21-22
Re: Carnality Of The "Corinthians" Churches Pt II - Envying, Strife & Divisions by Goshen360(m): 11:56pm On Jan 28, 2013
Kindly find the part 1 in this series HERE

Today’s church is a reflection of the carnal nature of the Corinthian church. Apostle had to deal with many issues among the Corinthians. I remember the saying to an advert, "if a symptom persist after 2 or 3 days, you’ll need to see your doctor immediately".

The symptoms and problems with today’s church started with the Corinthian church and not with the apostolic leaders but among the followers or members of the church. As we also look in the mirror of God’s word, we behold the image of today’s church with the symptoms and problems of the Corinthian church and yet, we failed to be cured by the great physician – Christ Jesus.

One of the causes of these problems of jealousy, strife, envy and division among the followers of Christ is that; like many of us today, the Corinthian church only knew Jesus Christ but didn’t mature unto the things of the kingdom from knowing Jesus Christ as Christ Jesus. By knowing only Jesus Christ in the flesh is to allowed division (Luke 12:51) but those who mature unto knowing Christ Jesus are ever united and not in competition with one another (1 Corinthians 1:13). "Jesus Christ" is the only the childish foundation laid and is clarified as the manly thing to do in 1 Corinthians 3:11; for the childish thing to do is be divisional in “Christ Jesus” but the manly thing to do is put away division, strife, envy and jealousy.
Re: Carnality Of The "Corinthians" Churches Pt II - Envying, Strife & Divisions by Goshen360(m): 11:59pm On Jan 28, 2013
Today, among Christians, we often hear things such as my denomination owns the largest seated auditorium in the world. Some say theirs is the biggest single cathedral in the whole world. Another say theirs is the largest camp meeting of the millennium. Another say their MoG is the most anointed and powerful of all. Some say, their church is the best of all in the world. Some say, my church is the first in the world to have or start this/that. Some Christians won’t attend any Christian function when it’s not organized by their own denomination. All of these however are among followers of different denominations.

As these problems get worse, Christian leaders by themselves also engage in the spirit of competition, jealousy, strife, quarrel and contention among themselves. One leader wants to own the best Christian university, the other wants to out-do the initiator of such particular project. One leader owns a limousine, the other wants to fly a private jet. One leader controls the biggest or largest crowd, the other wants to control twice as much. Some leaders or preachers will even teach their members not to marry another Christian brother or sister that worships in another denomination or attend Christian functions with another denomination. We see all over the body of Christ the spirit of competition, jealousy, strife, quarrel and contention with one another. Brothers and Sisters, such is not the Spirit of Christ. We are co-worker together and not co-competitors with one another. Let every man stand in the Grace and calling wherein Christ has given to us.

The greatest cankerworms eating very deep into the body of Christ are division, strife, envying one another, jealousy of one another and quarrel. Our carnal nature has ruled for too long. It’s time; we must come to the unity of Spirit in Christ Jesus. The only cure is to move from being childish, put away childish character displayed among us as Christians and move unto maturity. We must recognize that our human leaders are only tools whereby our Lord builds His kingdom and we’re all co-workers together with Christ. God bless y'all.

1 Like

Re: Carnality Of The "Corinthians" Churches Pt II - Envying, Strife & Divisions by Nobody: 12:08am On Jan 29, 2013
^^^

My Brother, going forward, I will fellowship with anyone who loves JESUS and yearns for holiness wherever they are.

I still believe that in many denominations, there are thousands who really are humble and love Jesus with all their hearts , minds and souls.

Denominations are just MEN building on their own vision and asking others to follow. I say we should follow JESUS.

"I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock.Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them." - Acts 20:29-30
Re: Carnality Of The "Corinthians" Churches Pt II - Envying, Strife & Divisions by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:28am On Jan 29, 2013
The problem of you guys is that you find it difficult to submit to leadership. Simples. wink
Re: Carnality Of The "Corinthians" Churches Pt II - Envying, Strife & Divisions by Goshen360(m): 12:36am On Jan 29, 2013
OLAADEGBU: The problem of you guys is that you find it difficult to submit to leadership. Simples. wink

Who says we don't submit to leadership? Haven't you hear me often talk about my pastor here before? What other leadership do you still want me or us to submit to aside of worship gathering and that of the country I reside? You're jumping into imaginary conclusion my brother.

Besides, denomination is dividing us too much in the body of Christ. We might disagree on doctrines and some teachings. That's fine and okay but doctrines shouldn't divide us. I expected you to address the article not to say things that doesn't exist.

Love you bro.
Re: Carnality Of The "Corinthians" Churches Pt II - Envying, Strife & Divisions by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:39am On Jan 29, 2013
Goshen360:

Who says we don't submit to leadership? Haven't you hear me often talk about my pastor here before? What other leadership do you still want me or us to submit to aside of worship gathering and that of the country I reside? You're jumping into imaginary conclusion my brother.

Besides, denomination is dividing us too much in the body of Christ. We might disagree on doctrines and some teachings. That's fine and okay but doctrines shouldn't divide us. I expected you to address the article not to say things that doesn't exist.

Love you bro.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood you. What church do you attend if I may ask?
Re: Carnality Of The "Corinthians" Churches Pt II - Envying, Strife & Divisions by Nobody: 12:43am On Jan 29, 2013
I am a Pastor to my wife and children, in other words, the shepherd of the sheep under my care , how about that cheesy
Re: Carnality Of The "Corinthians" Churches Pt II - Envying, Strife & Divisions by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:54am On Jan 29, 2013
frosbel:

I am a Pastor to my wife and children, in other words, the shepherd of the sheep under my care , how about that cheesy

Good for you. Are you leading your congregation or are they the ones chasing you? shocked
Re: Carnality Of The "Corinthians" Churches Pt II - Envying, Strife & Divisions by PastorKun(m): 8:21am On Jan 29, 2013
OLAADEGBU: The problem of you guys is that you find it difficult to submit to leadership. Simples. wink

Typical example of everything that is wrong with the church today.
Re: Carnality Of The "Corinthians" Churches Pt II - Envying, Strife & Divisions by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 29, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Typical example of everything that is wrong with the church today.

This is the precise problem I faced with deeperlife, they want to bring you under their control, they will tell you that because you got saved in their ministry , it is your home and the pastor is your spiritual covering etc.

You notice how Ola stalks me around the whole place, it is painful for them to see a member leave and start acting like a Berean. cheesy
Re: Carnality Of The "Corinthians" Churches Pt II - Envying, Strife & Divisions by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:56pm On Jan 29, 2013
frosbel:

This is the precise problem I faced with deeperlife, they want to bring you under their control, they will tell you that because you got saved in their ministry , it is your home and the pastor is your spiritual covering etc.

You notice how Ola stalks me around the whole place, it is painful for them to see a member leave and start acting like a Berean. cheesy

If you find it difficult submitting to those who have the rule over you don't expect your congregation to submit to your leadership.
Re: Carnality Of The "Corinthians" Churches Pt II - Envying, Strife & Divisions by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 29, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

If you find it difficult submitting to those who have the rule over you don't expect your congregation to submit to your leadership.

The word rule does not mean to Lord it over the sheep as the worldly governing system does to it's citizens, rather it means that these Christ called believers should be careful to serve the body of Christ in their various capacities and be responsible for the welfare, safety and spiritual development of the sheep.

Now stop stalking me , that's a form of abuse wink
Re: Carnality Of The "Corinthians" Churches Pt II - Envying, Strife & Divisions by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:23pm On Jan 29, 2013
frosbel:

The word rule does not mean to Lord it over the sheep as the worldly governing system does to it's citizens, rather it means that these Christ called believers should be careful to serve the body of Christ in their various capacities and be responsible for the welfare, safety and spiritual development of the sheep.

Now stop stalking me , that's a form of abuse wink

Who is stalking you? So you have now resorted to crying to your fellow atheists to come to your rescue when your heresies are being exposed. Below is an article that addresses your misconception about leadership and don't cry that the author is haunting you when you know that it is your conscience is the culprit.

Those Who Rule Over You

"Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation" (Hebrews 13:7).

The very idea that the church has "rulers" is resisted by many modern Christians, especially those in "autonomous" churches with "congregational" systems of governance. But in the last chapter of Hebrews, there are three commands given to Christian church members in relation to "them which have the rule over you." Christ, the Head of the church, has assured that each true local church will have God-called pastors, elders, or other "rulers" to lead the church in its divinely ordained ministry.

Whatever these leaders are called, or however they are appointed, if they have indeed "spoken unto you the Word of God," then the members of the church are commanded to "remember them" and their "faith follow."

Secondly, they are commanded to "Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account" (Hebrews 13:17). Thirdly, they are to "Salute all them that have the rule over you, and all the saints" (Hebrews 13:24) with the word "salute" meaning literally "embrace" in the sense of glad greetings and fellowship.

The position of "ruler" in a church is not that of a dictator. The Greek word for "have the rule over" means more exactly, "lead." God-ordained leaders are not "lords over God’s heritage," but "examples to the flock" (1 Peter 5:3). They must "give account" (1 Peter 4:5) to God for their faithfulness and shall receive "greater condemnation" if they misuse their authority (James 3:1). They need—and deserve—to have us remember them in prayer, embrace them in fellowship, submit to their leading, and follow their faith as long as they truly proclaim and follow the word of God themselves. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Carnality Of The "Corinthians" Churches Pt II - Envying, Strife & Divisions by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 29, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Who is stalking you? So you have now resorted to crying to your fellow atheists to come to your rescue when your heresies are being exposed. Below is an article that addresses your misconception about leadership and don't cry that the author is haunting you when you know that it is your conscience is the culprit.

My conscience is as free as a bird, delivered from the bondage of religious cults. smiley
Re: Carnality Of The "Corinthians" Churches Pt II - Envying, Strife & Divisions by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:54pm On Jan 29, 2013
frosbel:

My conscience is as free as a bird, delivered from the bondage of religious cults. smiley

Your conscience is as free as a freethinker's. shocked

(1) (Reply)

If The Dead Are Already In Heaven Or Hell, Why The Resurrection? / "What Does The Bible Say About Dinosaurs? Are There Dinosaurs In The Bible?" / OKOGIE: Our Education Should Include Morality, Spirituality And Academics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.