Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? (10451 Views)

Super Eagles - The Way Forward / Super Eagles: The Insult Is Beyond Belief / National Honours, Land & Cash For Keshi & Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 30, 2013
kinda
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by nifemi01(m): 11:21am On Jan 30, 2013
dady12: nigeria under 17 will do more better than the super eagle,infact,one can confirm that they dont train together,they ve no pattern of playing,their tourching is poor,musa is no longer musa again,mikel passing are not accurate,echijile is playing with fear ,this is the worst team so far,but The God that manoevre champion league to chelsea when they are not on form can still help super eagles to win the nation cup
manoevre wetin? Even before d tournament began, most nigerian knew we were just there to make up the number.
With this their pathetic performance they will be so lucky if ivory coast doesn't give them a good hiding.
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by phecs: 11:22am On Jan 30, 2013
Dat is why we dnt move forward cos of our mentality on recyclin footballers wen they re 150 mill pipo in naija since I was small is martins,taiwoquote author=dopeJemi]Yes Yes and Yes

Wah happened 2 d likes of d Ameobi brothers, martins, odemwingie, taye, anichebe, onuoha

SeriousLy speaking, I don't fink home based pLayers r good and smart enof 4 dis tournament

Look at CIV and u'lL understand wah I'm taLking abt
angry[/quote]
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by Ejine(m): 11:25am On Jan 30, 2013
mumumugu: Better than siasia team that couldnt qualify us for nation cup

STOP mentioning Siasia for God's sake! Was he not the SAME guy who made us deliver a 4-1 THRASHING to Argentina? How quick are we to forget this?
Was he the one who made us lose in Guinea, or was it not Eguavoen?
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by blackchief(m): 11:25am On Jan 30, 2013
Please judge Keshi based on result not on how the team is playing (the same mistake we made with Ahmodu that resulted in us bring a white man that could not win any game and made away with heavy money). some people are comparing him to siasia, a coach that could not qualify us for the nations cup and ever since he left the national team,which national team has he coach.

As long as we keep looking for win over every team we play, we will be getting the present sytle of play.
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by kheart(m): 11:31am On Jan 30, 2013
Horror fat pregnant women in men jerseys
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by Chinom(m): 11:32am On Jan 30, 2013
I will decide on that after Sunday's match. Like someone pointed out, playing " yeye" teams does not bring out the best in the Eagles. They may up the ante on Sunday.
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by doctokwus: 11:32am On Jan 30, 2013
I knew d guy was clueless evn before he was employed but what really made him less dan clueless was his introduction of joseph yobo late in d match;as a symbolic gesture,to compensate him or for him to enter into d record books?We missed an opportunity to redeem our football wen we actually beat ethiopia to qualify;now this clueless man disguised as a coach gets to see us thru d world cup qualifiers,instead of d instant sack he deserved
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by HAH: 11:34am On Jan 30, 2013
Like it or not Amodu is the best indigenous coach Nigeria ever had

And if you look closely that Ethiopia game may have been fixed
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by bhadico: 11:40am On Jan 30, 2013
At times I regret being a Nigerian..not because of anything ..but for the fact tht I and some complicated and unpatriotic people Have to carry the same passport... The team won..yet we called them the worst..I could remember the days of okocha when we all blamed him for unseriously dribbling..and how Taiye taiwo is as rigid as standing pillar..new set..new coach..qualifications..yet..we still come here and call tht team the worst in history .. This team conceded a late goal and a penalty unjustly awarded against them..with 10 men for the first..yet.. We say they are bad... Whosoever start this trend is not a normal Nigerian...

3 Likes

Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by elampiro(m): 11:40am On Jan 30, 2013
There was a certain team tutored by Adegboyenga Onigbinde, that team is the worst Eagles ever. I think they played a world cup in 2002.
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by Mandesz(m): 11:45am On Jan 30, 2013
Is eagles d worst team keshi av eva coached?
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by elampiro(m): 11:51am On Jan 30, 2013
blackchief: Please judge Keshi based on result not on how the team is playing (the same mistake we made with Ahmodu that resulted in us bring a white man that could not win any game and made away with heavy money). some people are comparing him to siasia, a coach that could not qualify us for the nations cup and ever since he left the national team,which national team has he coach.

As long as we keep looking for win over every team we play, we will be getting the present sytle of play.

Very correct.

Amodu qualified Nigeria for two world cups. The first, Nigeria was second on the group behind Ghana and needed to win remaining three matches. Amodu was hired and he won all three matches home and away. Then he was sacked even when he finished 3rd in the nations cup, and Onigbinde took Nigeria to a disappointing world cup. Amodu came again on a second journey and delivered the 2010 world cup ticket, he was sacked again, and a white man from Germany failed at the world cup.

Why are we so harsh on those who give us results even with limited time? Keshi is yet to lose any match as far as I know. Look at people singing Siasia is better. Even though I was not happy that he was sacked, it is in record he could not deliver a common nations cup ticket. Siasia lost some matches at away and even drew in Nigeria, but Keshi hasn't lost away. He has even won an away match. Let's be patient with our coaches, mostly those giving us results. It's not easy to rebuild, Westerhof rebuilt for 5 years.
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by bhadico: 11:51am On Jan 30, 2013
This teamm never lost a Match ...and proggresed to the q-final...yet u called them the worst .

2 Likes

Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by Sike(m): 11:55am On Jan 30, 2013
I'm beginning to think so too.
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by jude33084(m): 11:58am On Jan 30, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Bleep'ing unpatriotic thwarts!!!
This team is a new team and so far, they are delivering. If you think football is all about publishing stupid analysis on Nl, then you're high on dog s'h'I't.

eagles will soar at SA, and this team will perform wonders. If you don't like it, 3rd mainland bridge is waiting for your a'r's'e!!!

I will remind you of your comment bro wink
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by Geewan(m): 11:59am On Jan 30, 2013
elampiro: There is a certain team tutored by Adegboyenga Onigbinde, that team is the worst Eagles ever. I think they played a world cup in 2002.

That is not true. You need to watch Nigeria's matches against Sweden and England again. This is the worst Nigerian team I've seen in a tournament. I can come up with a team of players that were not included that will beat this team silly. Talk about Anichebe, Joel Obi, Akpala, Onuoha, Martins, Osaze, Taye taiwo, etc. The coach too is not helping things.

1 Like

Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by doublecross(m): 12:03pm On Jan 30, 2013
One thing that really drives me crazy in the current Super Chickens is their poor ball control. How can a professional footballer lack the basic of football talent which is control. Even the foolish, crazy and stupid Mikel who plays for chelsea can not even control the ball. Ahmed Musa on the other hand is a very big fool. I wonder where he learnt how to play football - He runs like a goat and eventually gives the ball away to opponent.
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by Person2: 12:05pm On Jan 30, 2013
HAH: Like it or not Amodu is the best indigenous coach Nigeria ever had

And if you look closely that Ethiopia game may have been fixed
abeg shut up, y are some nigerians behaving a senseless being? Dis team outplayed burkinafaso and only councede late goal due to red, dey played draw wit zambia due to to bias refree, and den dey defeat ethiopia and u said dey fixed d match, d team really tried, ok wat of ghana dat were peg back 4rm 2goals up by team as low as dr congõ ? And dey also beat mali by penalty and we u see any ghanians saying d match was fixed. And wat of ghana dat loose to zambia twice last year. Dis teams is really trying let just appreciate and support dem.

1 Like

Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by doctokwus: 12:06pm On Jan 30, 2013
bhadico: This teamm never lost a Match ...and proggresed to the q-final...yet u called them the worst .
Because some pple know how to look beyond short term victories & luk for long term glories.If anybody dat knows anything about football is satisfied by d way d team was set-up;tactical& technical ability on d ball& input frm d bench,den dat pson has no biz watching football
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by Skywalker5(m): 12:08pm On Jan 30, 2013
Typical Nigerians. Always complaining, always arguing that the present administration of any service is the worst ever. WTF. Cant you let the man do his job without haters everywhere complaining and trying to drag him down.
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by katordidi(m): 12:09pm On Jan 30, 2013
lastmanstandn: This is the worst eagles i have ever watched play football.
good players, bad tactics (in fact tacticless team)
this team makes Siasia's team look like Barca.

I agree wit u de players 're good but de coach is clueless
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by nep2ra(m): 12:12pm On Jan 30, 2013
Nigerians should learn how to be objective in analysis. In as much as I wasn't impressed with the lacklustre display of the Super Eagles, I wouldn't rush to write them off immediately. Stephen Keshi's had a short team to raise a team that will blend on all fronts. Yes, it's his job to do so you may say but do you know how difficult it is to merge individual talents into a world class team?

The team has not played up to expectation especially when compared with the Super Eagles of past glory (and therein lies the problem). I have not seen any attacking bite from the midfield or an avalanche of accurate crosses from the wings. (Emmanuel Amunike, Finidi George, Garba Lawal etc comes to mind). Neither have I seen conversion of set pieces to goals. The coach has probably noticed this and will communicate with his players to do the right thing or look to his reserves to remedy the situation.

I don't expect a win against Cote D'Ivoire but I expect the Super Eagles to up their game, lose gallantly or maybe prove me wrong. That will be a welcome surprise!

1 Like

Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by TonySpike: 12:18pm On Jan 30, 2013
elampiro: There was a certain team tutored by Adegboyenga Onigbinde, that team is the worst Eagles ever. I think they played a world cup in 2002.

I disagree with you...that team came third at the 2002 AFCON Finals and managed to rub shoulders with the English team at 2002 World Cup...
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by elampiro(m): 12:21pm On Jan 30, 2013
Geewan:

That is not true. You need to watch Nigeria's matches against Sweden and England again. This is the worst Nigerian team I've seen in a tournament. I can come up with a team of players that were not included that will beat this team silly. Talk about Anichebe, Joel Obi, Akpala, Onuoha, Martins, Osaze, Taye taiwo, etc. The coach too is not helping things.

You are asking me to go and watch a team that played three matches and got one or two points. What am I to watch there when I was heartbroken at the time? That has been our worst outing in a major tournament. They couldn't even create clear cut chances. Ogbeche and co.

Also, most of the players you mentioned above played for Siasia and failed.
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by JOJORHYMES(m): 12:25pm On Jan 30, 2013
Make objective criticism. While its clear that the present eagles are shaky. Its to early to judge anybody.HOW MANY OF THE CURRENT EAGLES HAVE PLAYED IN AFCON BEFORE? HOW LONG HAVE THIS TEAM BEEN TOGETHER? DID YOU THINK ETHIOPIA CAME TO WATCH OTHERS? And for the guy that said this match may have been fixed. U are so wrong. Except if you mean the players and the manager were not aware of the match fixing.
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by Adufaye(m): 12:42pm On Jan 30, 2013
one of d best hv seen....u guys dnt knw or watch sum of dis player play in d club
no offence
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by lomprico(m): 1:00pm On Jan 30, 2013
Yesssssss! Siasia's team that din't qualify for d last AFCON is far better than this present trash of players plus very clueless coach.
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by Austyn316(m): 1:15pm On Jan 30, 2013
This Super Eagles team is one that has no passion. At least now, Nigerians understand what Osaze was talking about when he said that leadership was lacking in the team. Yesterday, on Super Sports Oliseh made veiled reference to this fact when he talked about the abundance of leadership qualities amongst the players during his era in the Eagles. There was Keshi, Amokachi, Oliseh, Okechukwu, Rufai and Okocha men with leadership prowess.

I recall with nostalgia how Oliseh braved the odds in 2000 when Nigeria was playing against Senegal in the Afcon quarter finals. Oliseh was down with malaria and was not supposed to play the match but he spoke to Bonfrere Jo to let him join the fray. When Captain Oliseh entered the pitch the game changed. He organized the team well and sent a trade mark pass to Julius Aghaowa and that was how we got the equaliser and then went on to defeat a Senagalese team with the likes of Diouf, Henry and Papa. There is presently no visible leader in the team.

Echiejile is not Iroha. He plays with only one foot and gets confused whenever the ball gets to his right foot. He can't cross the ball when he goes forward and lacks confidence. Taiye Taiwo is still playing good football, we need him back.

Whatever took Ike Uche to Division 2 football should have made Keshi to know that IK Uche is no longer the player we used to know. He is slow and presently totally bereft of ideas when he has the ball in Afcon 2013. Keshi must recall Martins for the world cup qualifier.

Ahmed Musa has given us a below average performance in Afcon 2013. I can't remember any descent cross or pull out from the wings from Musa in the three matches played so far in the tournament. He is just all pace and not effective.

Mikel Obi is just too slow and wouldn't pass on the ball at the right time. He slowed down all our counter attacks. He is presently the only Super Eagles player that passes the ball accurately from long range.

4 Likes

Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by Feedmemore(f): 1:16pm On Jan 30, 2013
I think this is worst Eagles ever assembled by any coach. I wish they can prove me wrong though with our next game with the Ivory Coast.
What i saw yesterday was an eye sore of a match, i wish I'll never gonna witness such a match again. The players lack commitment, zeal, passion, the match was devoid of tactical nous. It was as if nothing was at stake.
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by brixton: 1:17pm On Jan 30, 2013
Tony Spike:

I disagree with you...that team came third at the 2002 AFCON Finals and managed to rub shoulders with the English team at 2002 World Cup...

U re very wrong sir. Two entirely diffa teams managed by diffa managers. Amodu to d nations cup and high chief to d worldcup
Re: Is Keshi's Eagles The Worst Nigerian Team Ever ? by Jarus(m): 1:36pm On Jan 30, 2013
I was about saying here was a team with 17 out of the 23 players never featuring in AFCON before. But then I remember Ghana came to ANC 2010 with their under-20 boys and stipped reached final, pipping Nigeria along the way.

My own belief is that Nigeria doesn't have quality talents again. Just a bunch of average players we hype.
Adding insult to their injury, other African countries are improving.

Now, is it the worst? Comparatively, it is. But I don't think they are irredeemably bad. They have the potential. I still don't rule them off yet.

I can't bank on them, but when I remember what these guys are capable of doing, I get some relief:

Mikel has played and made impact at the highest level: UCL final
Moses dazzles in EPL, arguably the best league
Musa dazzles in Russia, scoring up to 10 goals already this season
Uche the typical La Liga player - skilful
Ambrose may not be in the league of the Kolo Toures but is gradually coming up and did well in UCL, against - wait for it - Messi's Barca
Enyeama has stopped even Messi in the past
Ideye proved himself in Fench ligue 1, scoring up to 15 league goals, doing same in Ukraine
We also all know what Emenike can do

When I look at all these, it becomes difficult for me to write off these boys

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

World Beach Soccer: Oman Defeats Nigeria 6 - 5 / FABIO CAPELLO Accused Of Allowing Victor Moses To Slip Through England / Top Tennis Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.