Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Postal Worker Retires After 44 Years Without Sick Day - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Postal Worker Retires After 44 Years Without Sick Day (9471 Views)

Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today / NNPC Retires 1000 Staff / Offshore Oil Worker,lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Postal Worker Retires After 44 Years Without Sick Day by j4jj: 6:28pm On Feb 08, 2013
Pls I nid to understand d post here! Is she a postmaster/mistress or jst a normal indoor wrker! Cos where I wrk in Lagos! I knw my postman well enuf! He doesn't take sick off too! Dats because whenevr he goes out to distribute letters/mails wt bikes. He go branch 4 one corner rest well well or nack quick akpako wt one babe before returnin to d office!!!

Its quite unbelievable nt to take sick off @ least 1 day! I wasn't surprise wen reading d post nd l8r discoverd dat she's a BLACK WOMAN..Black women get cunning o!
Re: Postal Worker Retires After 44 Years Without Sick Day by toluxa1(m): 6:31pm On Feb 08, 2013
Is that why they shouldn't change her PC from Windows XP to something better? tongue
Re: Postal Worker Retires After 44 Years Without Sick Day by mu2sa2: 6:52pm On Feb 08, 2013
Lucky she almighty malaria fever is distant from her!
Re: Postal Worker Retires After 44 Years Without Sick Day by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 08, 2013
Hmmmm *seriously chewing my groundnut*
Re: Postal Worker Retires After 44 Years Without Sick Day by juman(m): 6:56pm On Feb 08, 2013
Soskid: Workometer

grin
Re: Postal Worker Retires After 44 Years Without Sick Day by juman(m): 6:57pm On Feb 08, 2013
mu2sa2: Lucky she almighty malaria fever is distant from her!

Abi. grin
Re: Postal Worker Retires After 44 Years Without Sick Day by Philolos: 7:35pm On Feb 08, 2013
Humanbeans: 44 years in a paid employment!!!. Its unimaginable that someone will spend that amount of years serving a company,, when is she going to have fun, and adventure, its really sad. But still she has been a faithful servant, Enjoy your retirement,madam

The story said, "she didn't use her sick leave." So you can assume that she used some of her vacation time.

1 Like

Re: Postal Worker Retires After 44 Years Without Sick Day by Omen100(m): 7:49pm On Feb 08, 2013
brownlord:

No na poem, as e no be plane crash, or bomb blast or any news to discredit Good luck or to call am retardeen, e no go fit be news to u, idiot

But u just abused him by calling him a retardeen ni gringrin grin

Re: Postal Worker Retires After 44 Years Without Sick Day by UjSizzle(f): 7:53pm On Feb 08, 2013
Admirable!!!

But then why won't Nigerians want to use up every sick leave they've got + pray for national disasters( grin ) that'll give them public holidays when you work for over 10hrs daily and ur wages isn't commensurate to your labour hours??
Or do people think our bodies don't breakdown and require the basic relief from stress in this crazy country of ours?
Then you retire and have to fight for your pension to be paid, even after giving quality service to your company.

More power to her elbows and others like her.
Re: Postal Worker Retires After 44 Years Without Sick Day by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 08, 2013
Wow! Unlike some of those lazy ass employees of ours that have family emergencies all the time
Re: Postal Worker Retires After 44 Years Without Sick Day by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 08, 2013
REALITY101: Wow! Unlike some of those lazy ass employees of ours that have family emergencies all the time

What? y'all into that chinese sweatshop business too? cheesy
Dayumn. I thought it was only me. grin

High Five! cheesy
Re: Postal Worker Retires After 44 Years Without Sick Day by Artistree: 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2013
Philolos:
The story said, "she didn't use her sick leave." So you can assume that she used some of her vacation time.
I tire for dese pipu...
The story said that whenever she was sick, she eida shook it off or used vacation (Public Holidays) to see the Doc. She was entitled 2some sick leave but never used it. The story also includes a certain line saying it means a 5% increase in her Pension Fund so she sure knew wat she was doing not using them...Smart move!
Re: Postal Worker Retires After 44 Years Without Sick Day by Originalsly: 9:43pm On Feb 08, 2013
Humanbeans: 44 years in a paid employment!!!. Its unimaginable that someone will spend that amount of years serving a company,, when is she going to have fun, and adventure, its really sad. But still she has been a faithful servant, Enjoy your retirement,madam
Slow down....it never said she was never sick nor missed a day from work nor never went on vacation....she just never took sick leave. She has a lot of vacation leave each year that can roll over to the next year. Most likely when needed she always used annual/vacation leave whenever she needed to be away from work.Am sure she had used just enough time to have all the fun she wanted. Most of them do.

1 Like

Re: Postal Worker Retires After 44 Years Without Sick Day by Nobody: 1:12am On Feb 09, 2013
Black women. . . . hardwokers!! Love y'all.

[size=18pt]Happy Black History month. . . . mwahhhhhhhhhhhh kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss[/size]
Re: Postal Worker Retires After 44 Years Without Sick Day by Nobody: 1:13am On Feb 09, 2013
REALITY101: Wow! Unlike some of those lazy ass employees of ours that have family emergencies all the time
grin
Re: Postal Worker Retires After 44 Years Without Sick Day by Nobody: 2:06am On Feb 09, 2013
So if i hear say basketmouth or Dbanj they show for houston, i go come miss am? Too many reasons to form "sickness" nowadays jare.
Re: Postal Worker Retires After 44 Years Without Sick Day by BabyCakes(f): 3:59am On Feb 09, 2013
I doubt she had any kids while on the job cos she would have to take 12 weeks maternity compulsory ... Na she Biko... At least it's the post office and they have a good pension plan and not 44 years in McDonalds
Re: Postal Worker Retires After 44 Years Without Sick Day by Desloaaa(f): 6:20am On Feb 09, 2013
born on WORKER"S DAY
Re: Postal Worker Retires After 44 Years Without Sick Day by Gudintent: 7:07am On Feb 09, 2013
BabyCakes: I doubt she had any kids while on the job cos she would have to take 12 weeks maternity compulsory ... Na she Biko... At least it's the post office and they have a good pension plan and not 44 years in McDonalds

Maternity leave is not the same as a sick leave.

Or was that just an added observation on the side?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Switch To Nursing, Help! / Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? / What You Can Do If You Feel Undervalued At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.