Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,025 members, 7,838,574 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Drivers Under-25 From Driving Taxis & Trucks - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Drivers Under-25 From Driving Taxis & Trucks (5715 Views)

Armless Man Banned From Driving (Pics and Video) / Lagos Restricts Danfo Drivers To 8-Hrs Of Work / 11 Most Awesome Taxis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drivers Under-25 From Driving Taxis & Trucks by stagger: 4:47pm On Jan 31, 2013
There is a Nigerian Highway Code, and there are laws regarding obtaining of a drivers license.

FRSC HAS NO POWER UNDER THE NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION TO CHANGE THE OFFICIAL AGE OF PROCURING A LICENSE FROM 18 YEARS TO 25 YEARS!

This action has no depth and no basis. Road behaviour is an individual thing, and has nothing to do with age. It is an indictment on the process of issuance of licenses because what it tells us is that even if you are a crazy driver, as long as you are above 25 years, you pre-qualify to get one, and if you are 24 years and a careful driver who went to a good driving school and passed the required driving tests, you are not qualified to get a commercial license.

Nigerian law enforcement agencies always have a way of turning things on their heads.
Re: Drivers Under-25 From Driving Taxis & Trucks by Ikengawo: 5:11pm On Jan 31, 2013
bia, who knows who's age in nigeria? sometimes we talk as if this isn't the same country we've seen.
I'm ok with this law though, it's a step in the right direction
Re: Drivers Under-25 From Driving Taxis & Trucks by ojubi(m): 5:19pm On Jan 31, 2013
Eyah!!! Those people were reduce their age by 5 or more years don die. Shai, una go wait for 5 years or more to drive. By then i don renew like 4 lincences.
Re: Drivers Under-25 From Driving Taxis & Trucks by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 31, 2013
Bawss1: The FRSC is over its head on this one. This new restriction is obviously the outcome of someone or a group of people who are out of touch with reality. There is no logical reason to suggest that commercial drivers who are over 25 years old are reasonably balanced people than those below 25. This ban is not only silly, it discriminates against a legitimate subset of the adult population.

What should happen to prevent such silly bans from being announced in the future is that all intending members of the FRSC should undergo rigid psychiatric examinations to ensure that their marbles are together before they are enlisted. That way we know to expect fairly sane restrictions going forward.

Nonsense

angry
Gbamest!
Re: Drivers Under-25 From Driving Taxis & Trucks by manny4life(m): 8:01pm On Jan 31, 2013
Pergrace:

In some way it will reduce the rate of accidents

How? For instance, will this apply to those involved in Dangote graduate Trainee Program? How is that supposed to reduce rate of accidents? Someone who underwent training and necessary certification, then you'll single them out because you think that you have powers to make laws?
Re: Drivers Under-25 From Driving Taxis & Trucks by sdymanagers(m): 9:18pm On Jan 31, 2013
When did FRSC become a law maker? The legal driving age in Nigeria is 18 so what are they talking about? We have more problems with drunken drivers and drivers under the influence of other drugs than the age of drivers. That is what should engage the attention of FRSC.
Re: Drivers Under-25 From Driving Taxis & Trucks by ChikezieU(m): 12:18pm On Feb 01, 2013
baby_123: Very good. A lot of those danfo drivers are foolish and senseless kids. They just drive anyhow and can almost run you over in your car. Always high on something and acting dense. But how do we determine their ages when most of those village boys have no birth certificate, and oluwole is there anytime anyday This is just lipservice where Nigerians are concerned. cheesy
The fool, you quickly accepted that with out looking at the side effect infact "the center effect". Millions of Nigerian youths below 25 make there tuition money and feeding through driving since there is no job and most of our parents can't afford to pay our school fees. Our leaders claim to make nigeria crime free when all they do is fustrate the youths and push them into robbery, or tell me do you think this law will reduce road accident when there are bad roads every where and pot holes on our high way even on newly finished road. Instead of them to admit giving out driving license to those that can't drive they just shift the blame to the youths.

1 Like

Re: Drivers Under-25 From Driving Taxis & Trucks by Originalsly: 9:18am On May 28, 2017
I will say it again..the law is absolute crap..i dont need to read it to knw what its saying...so i have to be 25 b4 i start making money in this jobless economy?..

And for those raining abuses,this is nland,its not longer new....the op asked for your contribution,not to curse people's opinion
Did the OP say he wanted you to contribute rubbish?...that's what you did... because you didn't read... and still haven't read and here you are again with another load of rubbish. Abeg...we know you're full of it... don't bury us.
@ topic.... 25 yrs minimum age because under 25 would not be committed?....I can't follow this kind reasoning. Why not make X number of years driving experience a requirement instead of age?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Guide Me: Btw Peugeot 206 & 406 Which Is Better / Plate Number Allocation / DIY Replacement Of VTEC Solenoid Spool Valve Filter (03-07 Accord)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.